Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need some advice  (Read 512 times)

shep

• Visitor
Need some advice
« on: July 15, 2020, 03:02:06 PM »

Just wanted to vent out my disatisfactions and perhaps get some advice regarding the cost benefit analysis about getting LL from LL veterans here because I'm seriously considering getting LL.

I'm 5'3 M, 19 y/o from asia. While the avg height here isn't as high as western countries, but I'm still very well below average. The thing is that the fact that I'm this height and that I'll be at this height for the rest of my life, has just recently hit me really hard. Previously I was always focused on my studies and being in a school environment with younger peers it never really hit me that I was so much shorter than average. I compensated for my stature in other places such as being fit and doing well in my studies such that it never was so much an issue than a hindrance. Now that I've been conscripted in the army (mandatory 2 years), and being in an elite unit where everyone is really well built and of a big stature, it's worsened my height neurosis. It doesn't help that I only see fit and tall guys here while I'm literally the shortest person around, and stick out like a sore thumb. The literal emphasis on physical stature in the army really brought me to a new low where I even considered whether it was worth it to live on at my height and got really depressed and started having suicide ideation.

Recently, the conscious realisation of my height neurosis has also given me some revelations of some unconscious traits of my past self like why I disliked crowds, stopped playing sports at a competitive level and also a part of why I never felt enough to get into a serious r/s. This made me even more upset thinking about what I potentially missed out had I been taller.

Case is that I'm considering doing LL next year end after my army service term ends, and before I start my university studies. Because I'm currently indecisive whether to do so, I wanted to ask for opinions, especially of those veterans who mentioned how they regretted not doing so earlier in their life.

The for arguments include the benefits from LL. I believe would be most importantly the relief from height neurosis that I've consciously and unconsciously felt throughout my life, albeit how short my life has been compared to many veterans here. (Which is why I wanna ask if it'll be worth it in the long term, most folks I see my height are already in their later years and I just wonder if it gets better over the years, and this height neurosis is just a passing phase though i doubt it.) Added confidence and more self love are also things that would make LL worth it for me. If I did LL, admittedly it would be because I don't wanna just be seen / remembered as that short guy, but it would also be for myself knowing I did something I could to tackle this problem.

The costs of LL first and foremost would be the financial cost, which is a huge factor, but is not the deal breaker seeing I have the means to finance it in the long term. I'm physically active and fit, and I've always enjoyed physical activities, so the part regarding loss in athletic ability worries me. I still wanna be able to go for my night runs and long walks, though I think marathons or the like definitely out of the picture if I do get LL. I'm considering Dr Lee from korea as he seems to be the most reliable, and he's the only one I would have some peace of mind doing LL from. Also, I'm lucky to have my parents support me if I do decide on LL, but they wanna make sure I don't regret my decision through the journey or after that.

If I don't decide to do LL next year, it's unlikely I'll ever find a more suitable time to do it. Could any prospective LL-ers or veterans share their thoughts on my cost benefit analysis and give me advice? Either ways, thanks for reading through this whole post, since I find it really hard to share my worries and troubles regarding this neurosis because I've never felt I had the chance to let it out.
Considering LL of 6cm in 2021

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
Re: Need some advice
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 09:30:57 PM »

Asian heightism is on a whole different level than the west. It's disgusting, really. Height thresholds for government jobs and bullcrap. Girls calling anyone short disabled. I honestly think you should save up for both segments and do 10cm if you really want to remove both the heightism and neurosis or move to Japan where your 6cm gain will make you average.

However, 6cm is still an extremely good gain. 2.xx inches can really change everything.
You are on a budget, I can tell, and Donghoon is a great doctor for LON Tibias, perhaps the best. Honestly, go for it. Asia has the worst heightism in the world and I really feel you'll benefit from doing it as soon as possible. I don't encourage people usually, but 5'3 really will hurt your self esteem in Asia, and it's not your fault either. Best of luck to you.
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

shep

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2020, 10:46:00 PM »

Thanks for your input ghkid! I've also considered doing both segments like you've said to just get it over and done with and move on in life, but one of the things that's holding me back is the cost of doing so, as well as fear of complications and the like. Dr Lee hasn't gotten back to me yet and I still have the time to decide on whether I'll go for just one or both segments if i do LL.

On a side note, I'm fortunate to be living in sg, a first world asian country that's getting more liberal over the years. I would argue that heightism here isn't so bad, but I don't have a basis to compare to since I haven't lived for very long nor lived in western countries. As overused an argument it is, I've friends or seen people who are my height that are going strong in life, although maybe they have their own hidden challenges and difficulties. I fear sharing about neurosis to others of my stature in case I negatively impact someone's mental health if they've put it past them only to relapse or whatnot.

Also, there's undeniably a huge emphasis on image and the hyper increased use of social media which perpetuates the idea of how an ideal person should look, which sucks. Moving overseas sounds like quite a drastic measure to me though, but I guess I'll keep it in mind? I was also wondering if there are any asians who went through LL here, it seems to be quite obscure in my country and it would be the dream to have someone guide me through my LL journey if ever or to go through it together.

ididUrMIM

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2020, 03:18:57 AM »

I’m going to a doctor in Turkey personally. LON is pretty inexpensive too but you should really try precise instead. I am in no way promoting this doctor either, the only reason I mention Turkey is for those of us who are not very rich, it is an inexpensive option. You can pm me if you want to talk over text instead, good luck and safe journey brother.

shep

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2020, 07:41:46 AM »

Thanks for the support mrmccall! When are you doing your LL? Do keep us updated. To me safety is a top priority like everyone else here, while cost is second albeit still a priority.

Also, what's your reasons for precice over LON? That's another of my considerations (to do precice femurs instead) and I'm wondering if it's worth it. I'm also considering LON tibia + precice femurs, and it'll be great to know the differences.

AllinStryde

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2020, 05:32:45 PM »

Hey man.  First post ever on this site.  I would say go for it.  I WISH I could have done this when I was in my early 20's...but the finances and technology just were not there.  Go for it, because it doesn't get any easier.  I told myself that..."well, maybe heightism will go away.  They whole fat-acceptance thing gained much traction."  At the end of the day, heightism is here to stay.  Society isn't going to just "wake-up" and accept short dudes.  It's the ONE and ONLY group that is left that is offered no protection or respect.  It's completely fine to be a short woman, but as a short guy...it seems like a death sentence.  So I decided to get it done. 

shep

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2020, 10:54:34 PM »

Thanks AllinStryde. Agreed. It does seem somewhat of a death sentence at the darkest times. I'm pretty sure as long as nothing crazy happens like covid I'll be pursuing LL next year to the best of my abilities. Also it seems you're set on your LL journey, it'll be great to hear of it. Serious respect to all out there who's working hard against our (un)natural odds.

a

• 5'9
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2020, 11:08:42 PM »

Thanks AllinStryde. Agreed. It does seem somewhat of a death sentence at the darkest times. I'm pretty sure as long as nothing crazy happens like covid I'll be pursuing LL next year to the best of my abilities. Also it seems you're set on your LL journey, it'll be great to hear of it. Serious respect to all out there who's working hard against our (un)natural odds.

May I ask how tall are you, i'm just wondering.

edit: Ah I'm so sorry, I accidentally refreshed the page and I saw you already mentioned your height. My bad.
Good luck bro!

edit2: Dr. Lee seems to be insanely trustworthy to me, I'd love to get the surgery done by him but I don't think I will do it. But still, If I were Asian; I'd definetely trust him.

Best Regards.
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+
Pages: [1]   Go Up