Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recovery times  (Read 706 times)

Anibal715

• Visitor
Recovery times
« on: July 20, 2020, 01:37:36 PM »

I would like to know what are the recovery times in general, although we can specify it for a 4 cm lengthening of the tibia, that is:
1. from the operation to the end of the lengthening
2. from the end of the lengthening until you can walk smoothly at home
3. from the above until you can walk several kilometers
4. and finally until you can run.
Thank you

a

• 5'9
Re: Recovery times
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 01:44:53 PM »

Hello,

Usually, it's 2 months for each centimeter you gain. I'm talking about the bone regeneration.
If you want to lengthen 4cm, it will take 8 months (approximately) for the new bone to be generated.
But despire that, I think you would be able to walk well after 4 or 5 months.
I'm also experiencing from the diaries and other stuff. I'm not a professional or anything.I just wanted to say everything I know, don't believe in me without making any further researches. This is a serious procedure and we all have to search deeper as much as we could. But that's all I know.

Also, the 3rd and 4th questions are not constant and both depend on each person's body.
But I believe people run after a year or more. Not as good as before LL, you have to develop your running more and more.And finally you will be able to run as fast as before if the surgery itself was well-made and you did your physical therapy more than good.

Regards
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

Anibal715

• Visitor
Re: Recovery times
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 09:12:34 PM »

thanks for your answer,
but if you could specify one thing for me: you mean 2 months for each centimeter, but including the lengthening time, or counting from when the lengthening has finished:

For example, if I want to lengthen the tibia by 4 cm, and it takes 2 months to lengthen, then would it be (2 x 4) another 8 months more for bone regeneration? altogether 10 months, is that so?

Pages: [1]   Go Up