Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Injury And LL  (Read 395 times)

drxboom

Injury And LL
« on: August 02, 2020, 09:35:32 PM »

Hello again, I am determined to do this surgery, but there is no clear information on how many people were injured  1)what is the injury rate of this surgery?
 2) Is it worth breaking a leg to be 170 to 178?
170cm goal 177 -178

AimHigh

Re: Injury And LL
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 03:43:33 AM »

Hi Mate,
I went from 171 to 179, it feels good to be average height (Western country). After 30 years of being a shorter Guy (albeit successful, and married to an objectively beautiful woman) I do now feel more confident in most all face to face  interactions, and esp. when among my professional peers.
I am however unable to run, squat and suffer from bilateral knee pain on a daily basis.
My journey has thus far been 5 years long, its been arduous, time consuming, expensive, painful and debilitating  - and still  not finished . In fact I am currently have a 2.7 cm LLD and am recovering from an operation just last week to remove a poorly placed (wrong length) Distal Femur screw that was irritating and impinging my left knee for 2 years -operation number Seven!!.
So hopefully around 2021 I will have another Precice Nail installation, 3.5 months off work, and then eventually both Rod's removal around 2024 !! -, i.e 9 operations over 9 years all up (a mere ~10% of a humans lifetime.
Can you still believe I wear lifts as I "Feel" I am ~ 1 inch too short??.

2016 5.3 cm RFem. Fitbone, 2019 8cm LFem. Precice 2.2, 2022 2.9 cm Rfem Precice 2.2

drxboom

Re: Injury And LL
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 12:03:40 PM »

first of all, you are not satisfied with the driver as far as i understand, with my experience I understood that length is everything , I'm so confused that I don't want to be crippled because I will add 8 cm
170cm goal 177 -178
Pages: [1]   Go Up