Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Internal Tibias  (Read 1102 times)

a

• 5'9
Internal Tibias
« on: July 26, 2020, 01:02:22 PM »

Hello,

Is going for the tibias with internal methods better than doing external ones?
I mean, external methods mostly suck for the femurs,  but I'm considering the situation i'd be if I got externals on my tibias, It doesn't seem to be very bad.
But still, what are the benefits of going with internal methods on the tibias? Does it have anything to do with soft tissue or something?

I mean, if there are almost no difference: I can go external on tibias. I just wanted you guys to share your opinions.

Best Regards
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
Re: Internal Tibias
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 03:19:50 PM »

Purely externals (not LON) are safest tibia method. Reaming a nail internally to the tibia via the knee is associated with permanent knee pain for a percentage of people. ( Like 40%)

But pure illizarov externals take literally forever, expect like 10 months in the iron cages for 6cm. You have to wait until the bone fully consolidated in order to remove it. Every diary I've read on pure externals has had the person regretting not going for LON or a nail like precice. It's ultimately the safest way but takes the longest and it takes a man to willingly do this in this day and age with many alternatives. But the chances of long term knee pain can only be 100% avoided with this method.
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

a

• 5'9
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 06:44:38 PM »

Hello,

So the best is to go with TSF frames on tibias and internal on femurs?
or did I misunderstand?
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

precice strider

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 03:20:20 AM »

Dr. Paley only offers Stryde tibias for CLL. I've also heard that knee pain only happens if a nerve is damaged, and that it can be prevented with a good doctor.

I'd like to ask people who have done internal tibias, what was your experience with this? Especially if your doctor is in these categories:

1. Paley, Rozbruch, Lee
2. Mahboubian, Debiparshad, Giotikas, Parihar
Height dysphoria since 2008. (age 5)
Hoping to undergo STRYDE 8cm femurs when I can afford it.
164 cm with a wingspan of 166cm
Goal: 5'7.5 (172+) or taller, but hopefully 5'8 (173)
https://www.instagram.com/precice_strider/

th

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 01:44:38 PM »

externals are safest - ghkid2019, many people have done external and are delighted with the results - they simply chose not to write a journal - you have never done ll... :)

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2020, 03:05:00 PM »

externals are safest - ghkid2019, many people have done external and are delighted with the results - they simply chose not to write a journal - you have never done ll... :)

Absolutely, I even said it's the safest way for LL. Can fix alignment issues, no reaming of bone, no permanent knee pain, it's definitely a great method. I'm sure if you could afford stryde or stryde existed at the time, 99 out of 100 people would take stryde and not have to spend three quarters of a year crippled. In retrospect, probably most of them would do LON over pure externals had it not been for money reasons.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 03:50:11 PM by ghkid2019 »

User requested self-ban.

th

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2020, 06:25:14 PM »

again, you have never done ll so u do not know - the frames are obviously awkward but u are not in any way crippled!! - please stop ur wild claims man!! - extrtnal is the safest whether u have money or not!!

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2020, 11:33:46 PM »

Of course you're not crippled after breaking your limbs. You're absolutely right  8)

User requested self-ban.

th

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2020, 11:16:45 AM »

ur not crippled in the weight bearing frames - i would not want anyone not to choose external based on false info and scaremongering - u only know how it feels when u have done ll - the test is mental more than physical in many ways... :)

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2020, 12:58:52 PM »

Exactly, mentally being in frames for 9 months is about the most mentally damaging thing you could do to yourself

User requested self-ban.

th

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2020, 01:24:24 PM »

my word - no it is not at all!! - i keep saying how do u know this if you have never done ll!!??

it is not at all so bad to reach one's dream of added height...

Polvorón

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2020, 02:56:09 PM »

IMHO the key is the information. If you get enough information, you can choose wisely the best option for you.

Also, it deepens on how much do you want to lengthen, if you lengthen more, internals are more recommended.
Note: at this moment I'm only a "pretender", I want to know more about this interesting procedure. Hopping to become 185 cm (6'1'') from 174 cm (5'8 ½''), but it is too expensive.
My sitting height is 92½ - 94 cm (36''½ 37''), my length of legs is 81 cm (32'') and my armspan is 180 cm (70'' 7/8).

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2020, 04:52:00 PM »

again, you have never done ll so u do not know - the frames are obviously awkward but u are not in any way crippled!! - please stop ur wild claims man!! - extrtnal is the safest whether u have money or not!!

Five months wearing those things for me.  Knees so stiff it would take me half an hour just to go from lying in bed to standing beside the bed, having to use a walker and moving slower than a snail, always at risk of falling over and not being able to get up.  Granted, I seemed to have a worse reaction to the surgery and the devices than the other patients at the time, but I needed a full-time caretaker.  I considered myself crippled.

th

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2020, 05:04:09 PM »

well you state in your diary that there no advantages to internal (nov 19) and that you should have stopped at 5cm - if the frames weight bare then you are not crippled at all - many people walk the next few days with crutches - that is the process of course...
Pages: [1]   Go Up