Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leg Lengthening and Work  (Read 488 times)

ididUrMIM

Leg Lengthening and Work
« on: July 30, 2020, 10:10:33 PM »

Just a question to all of you who did not just take time off because of LL and worked throughout the lengthening process. How did you manage to do so and what were the daily difficulties you faced during the time?

I am in a dilemma whether to lengthen over LON and spend the rest of the money saved up for accommodation or to get it done by PRECISE and continue on with work. The only problem I am facing with precise is that it is not full weight bearing which would mean I would be stuck on a wheelchair as opposed to the better weight bearing LON method that I can continue on with crutches after the distraction period. Does anyone have any suggestions or maybe advise.
Just if anyone is curious I do plan to get the surgery done in Turkey once I have my finances together.

germanlim

Re: Leg Lengthening and Work
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 09:09:34 PM »

Hi

I went back to my office Job two weeks after surgery but i did stryde. Ist was not a easy time but its possilble. You will find more Information at my diary

ididUrMIM

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2020, 12:18:17 AM »

Hi

I went back to my office Job two weeks after surgery but i did stryde. Ist was not a easy time but its possilble. You will find more Information at my diary

Thanks mate, will do

Hagane

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2020, 04:39:52 AM »

why not pay the extra 5k for stryde which should be "fully weight bearing"?
or does your intended surgeon not offer it?
Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)

ididUrMIM

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2020, 05:53:14 AM »

I would if it was only 5k more but I am getting my surgery done in Turkey and everywhere I have checked stryde always seems to be double the price

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2020, 09:49:32 AM »

Why not work a few extra months and get precice + get accommodations.

If you can afford precice, the pins of LON are not worth it. You'll regret not doing precice.

I really doubt you'll work with precice, even with stryde it's tough as hell and now precice you have to worry about everything little weight stressing out the nail and a nail breakage would be disastrous but not too far fetched from reality. Think about transferring from wheelchair to car and tedious stuff like that

If you absolutely can't afford stryde, this is the best bet. Work extra few months and Precice + accommodation

Maybe try contacting the doctors and inquiring about stryde. Double the price seems pretty wack and it's probably just a markup. You could probably negotiate something with leverage by saying you'll go to someone else or something like that
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

ididUrMIM

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2020, 10:56:08 AM »

Why not work a few extra months and get precice + get accommodations.

If you can afford precice, the pins of LON are not worth it. You'll regret not doing precice.

I really doubt you'll work with precice, even with stryde it's tough as hell and now precice you have to worry about everything little weight stressing out the nail and a nail breakage would be disastrous but not too far fetched from reality. Think about transferring from wheelchair to car and tedious stuff like that

If you absolutely can't afford stryde, this is the best bet. Work extra few months and Precice + accommodation

Maybe try contacting the doctors and inquiring about stryde. Double the price seems pretty wack and it's probably just a markup. You could probably negotiate something with leverage by saying you'll go to someone else or something like that

Thank you, yes that is a good idea. I guess it is the reality that a big operation like this would need accommodation. That is my biggest fear with this surgery, losing your ability in the legs, personally I always rely on myself and this is a big thing for all of us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up