Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Femurs with Dr. Shahab Mahboubian - July 2020  (Read 53307 times)

StrydeNailChallenge

Re: Femurs with Dr. Shahab Mahboubian - July 2020
« Reply #217 on: September 19, 2020, 07:16:49 PM »

I read that as you went on two five mile hikes in the middle of distraction and had to do a double take ;D

Haha!  I wish I had the courage and strength to do all those :D

Hopefully you are ahead of your bone growth now and don't have to worry as much about premature consolidation.

I hope so too! It feels weird that instead of trying your best on diet and walking, you take it easy!! I hope in my next appt. Dr. M. would bring the news that we are out of the woods and I can refocus on walking and diet/supplements !

« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 09:33:36 PM by StrydeNailChallenge »
Starting [Morning] Height: 172.5 cm, Ending: 180.5
SNC - Femurs' Stryde Nail Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65337.0

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #218 on: September 19, 2020, 07:52:29 PM »

Snc if u are distracting 1.33 a day just keep your old habits of weight bearing alot and eating calcium alot. Don't reduce it. Only reduce it if you plan to go back to 1.00 a day lengthening
I am no doctor tho, don't trust me hue hue
1.33 at 5cm is ridic fast, world record fast XD usually dis is only right after the week after osteotomy haha
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #219 on: September 19, 2020, 09:36:41 PM »

Snc if u are distracting 1.33 a day just keep your old habits of weight bearing alot and eating calcium alot. Don't reduce it. Only reduce it if you plan to go back to 1.00 a day lengthening
I am no doctor tho, don't trust me hue hue
1.33 at 5cm is ridic fast, world record fast XD usually dis is only right after the week after osteotomy haha

ghkid2019 bro, I have actually been thinking about it. I am crazy about getting titles, and there is a chance I would be the fastest ever in finishing up the process among all Dr. M.'s patients, and possibly among all CLL'ers ever. However it's not my favorite title if I achieve it. I therefore would like to focus on managing pain. I hope Dr. M. gives me the green signal to slow down, and I am then in favor or reducing the distraction plan to even two per day (like 0.66 mm per day) whenever I feel like pain level is above say 4 or 5.

SNC - Femurs' Stryde Nail Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65337.0

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #220 on: September 19, 2020, 09:49:14 PM »

I did something crazy :-[

First I would like to remind everybody that Gabapentin's side effects include memory loss.

I schedule my 4 daily distractions (adding up to 1.33mm per day) as follows:   
1st distraction of the day: Shortly after 12 am (early morning) : 0.33mm     
2nd distraction: around 6am: 0.33mm 
3rd: around 12pm (noon): 0.33mm
4th: around 6pm: 0.34mm

Today I did my first two distractions as scheduled. I also did my 3rd one around 12:02pm. Then I fell asleep [one of the side effects of Gabapentin is drowsiness, which I think helps with sleeping! a good side effect :P]   I woke up around 12:50pm and by 12:52pm, I was doing my 4th distraction of the day, cause I had forgotten I just did one, 50 minutes ago!!

This means I lengthened my legs by 0.33+0.34=0.67mm in about 50 minutes  :o

First I thought, oops, I am going to get a hurt [Russel Peters style :D], but then I remembered that old times, I watched a clip of a CLLer who, for distraction, would basically turn his ankle with a clicking sound and that would lengthen his legs by 1mm. So that means in a matter of seconds the body got extended by 1mm. I therefore think 0.67mm extension in 50 minutes would not be that crazy.

I then thought I may learn something useful out of this experience and possibly come up with a better schedule for future sessions. Surprisingly 2 hours have passed since then and I don't have much pain.  Hypothesis: Do two of the distractions within a short time period. This would create a long time gap to the following distraction, e.g., the following example schedules for 4 distraction and 3 distraction days:

4 distraction days: 1st: 12am, 2nd: 6am, 3rd: 12pm, 4th: 1pm

3 distraction day: 1st: 7am, 2nd: 3pm, 3rd: 4pm

There is a low chance this would help with the pain management.  It's too soon to tell if my hypothesis may have some truth in it. I also need to get approval from Dr. M. on that.

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #221 on: September 19, 2020, 10:06:18 PM »

I have done quite a few trial and error practices based on which I made several recommendations in my journal here.   I just tried to summarized them for DLL, one of our new CLL'ers.  I am also posting them here, just in case anyone did not check DLL's diary pages:

Recommendation to better manage the post-op days:   

1) Whenever you feel pain, try to do stretching no matter when (even middle of the night).
The best I found is to straighten your legs while sitting on bed and then bend your body towards your knees. The next one that helps me is to lie down on your bed, or sit up a bit with your forearms on your side on the bed, while straightening your leg, then lift one leg at a time, doing two practices: one keeping both legs straight and pulling one as high as possible. The other practice, is to try to bring one close to your chest, even if both legs start to bend.  Another helpful one for me is to have floppies on (which adds about 1.5cm to my height), stand straight on the floor and then bend to try to touch the floor.  Recently instead of keep pushing my hands down to touch the floor in one shot, I have to frequently push and let go many times and each time
getting closer to the ground and usually in about 30 seconds to a minutes, my fingers finally touch the floor.  Ideally every time you have pain you would want to repeat your PT sessions. However some of our folks here suggest that it is a good practice to avoid those exercises that create nerve pain.  I do not know which exercise would give me nerve pain, therefore every time I experience pain and also before and after every distraction session, I try to repeat my PT routine which is about 10 exercises.

2) Use BIOFREEZE Cold Therapy Pain Relief [pack of 3] (Costco, Sam's Club, etc.) and roll it on the painful area with a bit of pressure to not only apply the gel, but also massage your legs with the roller.    This is the best ointment I have been using.

I also got  Capzasin Arthritis Pain Relief, Quick Relief Gel 1.5 oz (42.5 g) [pack of 2] from Amazon.  This has one problem. After the few hours at some point it would make your leg fired up! You'd feel that your legs are on fire :D   If you try to wash it off your legs, your legs would burn real bad! you better wash them with fairly cold water (and body gel/soap).

I have tried some ointments from European and Asian countries, and since you'd not be able to find them here, I don't mention them. However as I said BIOFREEZE is the best of them, and I would say just having that as an ointment for local pain relief would be sufficient.

3) If you cannot sleep, watch a movie on TV or your computer, while you are set in a nice sleeping position. There is a high chance you'd go to sleep quickly. I typically watch Friends on my computer. I typically fall asleep as early as a couple minutes, and as late as an episode or two later.

4) I put on skiing under pants to get warmed up and also tight jeans and they both somehow help me manage pain! I know it sounds crazy but I think skiing under pants warm up your legs so they act similarly to local pain relief ointments. Tight jeans, most likely put pressure on your legs, and help you forget the pain I guess.

5) Eating/drinking may work like a distraction from pain. I notice that most of the times while eating or drinking and a while after, my pain goes away.

6) Try all sleeping positions including face down, side, face up with a pillow or two under your knee or without any pillows, with or with blankets, etc.   frequently. Body preference may change, so hopefully you would find the optimum sleeping position every night.

I hope these help,
SNC
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 12:05:18 AM by StrydeNailChallenge »

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #222 on: September 20, 2020, 07:21:14 AM »

I did something crazy :-[

This means I lengthened my legs by 0.33+0.34=0.67mm in about 50 minutes  :o

There is a low chance this would help with the pain management.  It's too soon to tell if my hypothesis may have some truth in it. I also need to get approval from Dr. M. on that.

I had since 12:50pm till 12 midnight (about 11 hours) to not worry about any distractions!
However, I don't think it made a noticeable difference in terms of lowering pain. To find out whether this really works, I should repeat the crazy schedule a few times, but since I give a low chance to work and considering potential risks of lengthening twice in a short time, I prefer to abandon my hypothesis above and stick with the normal schedule (distraction every 6 hours for 1.33 mm days and every 8 hours for 0.99 mm days).

BelowTheMean

« Reply #223 on: September 20, 2020, 07:59:58 PM »

3) If you cannot sleep, watch a movie on TV or your computer, while you are set in a nice sleeping position. There is a high chance you'd go to sleep quickly. I typically watch Friends on my computer. I typically fall asleep as early as a couple minutes, and as late as an episode or two later.

I don't have trouble sleeping normally, but I find that sometimes if I watch a long YouTube video on something not that interesting it's really good at making me sleepy. With this method I can easily fall asleep even while sitting in an uncomfortable chair.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #224 on: September 20, 2020, 11:34:46 PM »

Day 59 (Sat., Sep. 19) - 55.6 mm Taller

I have described earlier the distraction timing mistake I made today! In short what happened was that most likely due to the memory loss side effect of Gabapentin, I totally forgot that I had done by third distraction session of the day at 12pm and after the 40 minute nap, I did another distraction session around 12:50pm. I was worried that two almost back to back sessions would result in high pain, but that did not happen; which is great!  I later thought since I was done with all the 4 sessions by 1pm, I had about 11 hours of no distraction session and I thought what if that turns out to be helpful in lowering the pain level. That did not happen either.

As usual, in addition to two Gabapentin and two Tramadol pills, stretching, and hot shower/hot tub helped mitigate the pain.

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #225 on: September 20, 2020, 11:35:35 PM »

I don't have trouble sleeping normally, but I find that sometimes if I watch a long YouTube video on something not that interesting it's really good at making me sleepy. With this method I can easily fall asleep even while sitting in an uncomfortable chair.

Haha, never tried that, but it's good that you discovered that for yourself :)

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #226 on: September 22, 2020, 02:48:46 PM »

Day 60 (Sun., Sep. 20) - 56.9 mm Taller

I am on day 13 of 4 distraction sessions per day (i.e., 1.33 mm per day) prescribed by Dr. M., given my exceptionally high growth. Tomorrow will be the last day and I can then switch to 3 sessions per day. Pain management has been my biggest challenge during the last two weeks. Especially starting evening times and all the way through when I go to bed and sleep (around midnight), pain and discomfort are much higher than other times.

I take hot showers/jets twice, one around 12 noon, having done two distraction sessions already and one around 12 midnight after the remaining two sessions of the day.    I massaged my calf (left leg) , yesterday and today during hot showers/jet and it feels a lot better, already.

Today is also Day 51 since I started the distraction phase. For 51 days, 56.9 mm distraction is very fast. I am curious if any other CLL'er was ever this fast in lengthening.

brondo

« Reply #227 on: September 23, 2020, 05:40:18 AM »

Hey SNC,

Are you using a specific system to keep track of how many times you distract a day and to make sure that you do your distractions on time? Like do you set alarms, keep journals, excel sheets, etc. to map out the times you need to use the ERC device? Also, are you more exhausted during the day having to distract 4 times daily? Hope you are enjoying your new height!

-brondo

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #228 on: September 23, 2020, 02:30:06 PM »

Hey SNC,

Are you using a specific system to keep track of how many times you distract a day and to make sure that you do your distractions on time? Like do you set alarms, keep journals, excel sheets, etc. to map out the times you need to use the ERC device? Also, are you more exhausted during the day having to distract 4 times daily? Hope you are enjoying your new height!

-brondo

Dear brondo,   Nice to hear from you.  I use alarms, only when I am going to take a nap and I am afraid that I would not wake up in time (I need about 20 minutes to stretch before doing the distraction. If I miss on that 20-minute stretching session, my post-distraction time would be more painful).

I don't use any journals, excel sheets, etc.  Instead I try to remember the schedule of the day. So far I have rarely made mistakes. I think many others most likely do like me, cause remembering 3 or 4 time marks for daily distractions would not be too hard, even with Gabapentin (which results in memory loss [I think short term memory loss only]).

The new height is exciting! Especially during COVID-19 when we are all at home and there is not much excitement other than all virtual stuff in the Internet and TV; growing feels and looks so exciting!   

I recommend to all to have a tall mirror and enjoy the process. I did not do this myself, but taking pictures for memories, sounds like a good idea :D

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #229 on: September 23, 2020, 02:30:47 PM »

Hey SNC,

-brondo

Dear brondo,   Nice to hear from you.  I use alarms, only when I am going to take a nap and I am afraid that I would not wake up in time (I need about 20 minutes to stretch before doing the distraction. If I miss on that 20-minute stretching session, my post-distraction time would be more painful).

I don't use any journals, excel sheets, etc.  Instead I try to remember the schedule of the day. So far I have rarely made mistakes. I think many others most likely do like me, cause remembering 3 or 4 time marks for daily distractions would not be too hard, even with Gabapentin (which results in memory loss [I think short term memory loss only]).

The new height is exciting! Especially during COVID-19 when we are all at home and there is not much excitement other than all virtual stuff in the Internet and TV; growing feels and looks so exciting!   

I recommend to all to have a tall mirror and enjoy the process. I did not do this myself, but taking pictures for memories, sounds like a good idea :D

m7liam

« Reply #230 on: September 23, 2020, 05:25:22 PM »

To be honest I often do double distractions (twice in a row, 0.5mm) just out of laziness and so far I haven't felt any more pain.

Hagane

« Reply #231 on: September 23, 2020, 07:59:10 PM »

so jelly i wanna get the procedure done now, but i have an exam next month and cant afford to lose any mental capacity :(
Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #232 on: September 23, 2020, 08:48:28 PM »

To be honest I often do double distractions (twice in a row, 0.5mm) just out of laziness and so far I haven't felt any more pain.

my7liam,

Thanks for sharing this. Just to clarify, you mean based on your Dr.'s instructions, you are supposed to do two 0.5mm sessions, adding up to 1mm per day, and you often do both together (i.e., do 1mm in one session) say in the morning and for the rest of the no more distractions?

Quad Stryde

• Visitor
« Reply #233 on: September 23, 2020, 09:04:40 PM »

Hi, SNC.

I greatly appreciate you keeping us updated with your diary. I hope all is well.

Do you plan on uploading some video's of your walk, etc?

Thanks.

brondo

« Reply #234 on: September 23, 2020, 09:25:01 PM »

Thanks for replying SNC,

I would like to hear more about your stretching routine and PT if that's okay. Do you stretch before and after distraction?

m7liam

« Reply #235 on: September 30, 2020, 09:53:17 PM »

my7liam,

Thanks for sharing this. Just to clarify, you mean based on your Dr.'s instructions, you are supposed to do two 0.5mm sessions, adding up to 1mm per day, and you often do both together (i.e., do 1mm in one session) say in the morning and for the rest of the no more distractions?

4 sessions of 0.25 each but I just usually do 2 sessions of 0.5mm each

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #236 on: September 30, 2020, 10:34:32 PM »

Haven't updated us in a week SNC. Is tough but you're almost done bro. Your probably in serious pain and rut

User requested self-ban.

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #237 on: October 02, 2020, 08:11:54 AM »

Haven't updated us in a week SNC. Is tough but you're almost done bro. Your probably in serious pain and rut

I am very sorry for being absent for a long time. I am extremely busy with my job, but other than that, there is no surprises and nothing out of the ordinary to report. Will soon come back here to add the daily details.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #238 on: October 02, 2020, 08:15:12 AM »

No need to be sorry, the fact that you are even keeping a detailed log for strangers while going through hell is more than impressive already. Glad that everything is according to plan.

User requested self-ban.

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #239 on: October 02, 2020, 02:07:21 PM »

No need to be sorry, the fact that you are even keeping a detailed log for strangers while going through hell is more than impressive already. Glad that everything is according to plan.

Nice of you to say that ghkid2019 bro. I have not seen any of you, but feel like we are on this together like brothers and sisters and we have a LL Love and care for each other. I hope we all succeed.

I took this as a challenge. It certainly has been my biggest physical challenge of my life. I those things that I used to think as crazy (like jumping down stairs so crazy that whoever looks at it, gets a heart attack) are nothing compared to this. This is a mind game as well. It's about how you can focus and achieve your goal. I am good at it, but there are so many random parameters, even the best of us may lose.

I hope whoever has doubts in continuing towards the goal, stops by here and gets energy from the group, so to continue to the end.

I have three major deadlines coming today and tomorrow. I hope starting sunday I can resume posting my daily reports.

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #240 on: October 03, 2020, 12:09:37 PM »

Day 61 (Mon., Sep. 21) - 58.2 mm Taller

Today is the 14th day and the last day of my 4-distraction-session days, prescribed by Dr. M. to cope with extreme growth. I have continued to walk on crutches, and took it easy on calcium, but today is the last day. Starting tonight I will resume my unaided walks and take enough calcium, while on the normal 3-distraction-session days to the end!

I have my first out-patient PT appointment today. As I suspected, the PT had not worked with a CLL'er before and did not know much about stryde nail surgery. But he was a quick learner and got a lot of details from me in a few minutes, to be able to help me with recovery.

He gave me 4 exercises. Two for hamstrings. One for the IT bands and one for the quads. As I had suspected my quads needed attention the most.
He was also concerned about my bent knees while standing and walking. I was not that concerned. I told him, as soon as I resume unassisted walks without crutches, that should resolve it.
I asked to see him often to get help, but he thought it would not be needed and I had to work on my own and then get re-assessed weekly. My next appoint is next Tuesday.   
I resumed walking unaided as soon as I got home. I hope I would not need to go back to crutches or walkers ever again :D

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #241 on: October 03, 2020, 12:17:22 PM »

Day 62 (Tue., Sep. 22) - 59.2 mm Taller

As per Dr. M.'s advice, today I resumed my normal 3-distraction sessions, growing 0.99 mm per day. The last 14 days, growth of 1.33 mm per day, had a big (negative) impact on my flexibility, especially my quads. I hope to be able to gradually gain back my flexibility  now that my daily growth is lower at 0.99 mm.

In addition to my own stretching exercises, I am also doing the 4 exercises the PT taught me. My quads however don't seem to have any improvement. There is a chance the best I could do is prevent them to get worse, but immediately after the distraction phase is over, I would do serious quad exercises to go back to normal.

Pain is manageable  with the two Gabapentin and two Tramadol pill I take daily. Gabapentin may have already started working, as I gradually feel like I have no nerve pain.

Today is day 53 since I started my distraction phase.

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #242 on: October 03, 2020, 12:29:45 PM »

Day 63 (Wed., Sep. 23) - 60.2 mm Taller
Day 64 (Thurs., Sep. 24) - 61.2 mm Taller
Day 65 (Fri., Sep. 25) - 62.2 mm Taller
Day 66 (Sat., Sep. 26) - 63.2 mm Taller
Day 67 (Sun., Sep. 27) - 64.2 mm Taller
Day 68 (Mon., Sep. 28) - 65.2 mm Taller

Nothing abnormal to report. I continued to do 3 0.33mm distraction per day. Pain with the help of pain killers is manageable (Pain level: left: 1-5, right: 0-1). My quads feel so stiff like rocks! I have a hard time bending my knees, especially the left knee.

Tomorrow is my next appointment day with Dr. M. I hope to hear from him that the crazy 14 day schedule of 4 distraction sessions per day worked and  I did not have any premature consolidation.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 12:51:42 PM by StrydeNailChallenge »

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #243 on: October 03, 2020, 12:49:17 PM »

Day 69 (Tue., Sep. 29) - 66.1 mm Taller

I had a PT session in the morning for re-assessment. My PT measured my knee bending flexibility and found that there has been no change on the quads (did not get better, but did not get worse either). I think I am okay with that, cause I am confident I can regain my quad flexibility gradually, after the distraction phase is over in about two weeks (I hope).

I met Dr. M. in the afternoon. He thought I was doing great. The x rays showed that I did not have any premature consolidation, as the 14 days of 1.33 mm daily growth, provided a good gap to avoid that. He asked me to resume focusing on growth by taking calcium and eating well.

The surprising part was that his measurements based on the x rays showed that my left grew by almost 77.1mm. I don't remember what number exactly for right, but something like 65mm or so. Right seemed okay, but it seemed impossible to me that one could grow beyond what the device shows.   He mentioned that it could be that measurements based on x rays are not accurate. He thought I should continue to do my sessions and when the nail hits 8cm, it would not further grow. I plan to do that!

Today is day 60 since I started the distraction phase! I may be the fastest CLL'er to reach 66.1mm in 60 days :D

brondo

« Reply #244 on: October 03, 2020, 12:59:31 PM »

Day 69 (Tue., Sep. 29) - 66.1 mm Taller

I had a PT session in the morning for re-assessment. My PT measured my knee bending flexibility and found that there has been no change on the quads (did not get better, but did not get worse either). I think I am okay with that, cause I am confident I can regain my quad flexibility gradually, after the distraction phase is over in about two weeks (I hope).

I met Dr. M. in the afternoon. He thought I was doing great. The x rays showed that I did not have any premature consolidation, as the 14 days of 1.33 mm daily growth, provided a good gap to avoid that. He asked me to resume focusing on growth by taking calcium and eating well.

The surprising part was that his measurements based on the x rays showed that my left grew by almost 77.1mm. I don't remember what number exactly for right, but something like 65mm or so. Right seemed okay, but it seemed impossible to me that one could grow beyond what the device shows.   He mentioned that it could be that measurements based on x rays are not accurate. He thought I should continue to do my sessions and when the nail hits 8cm, it would not further grow. I plan to do that!

Today is day 60 since I started the distraction phase! I may be the fastest CLL'er to reach 66.1mm in 60 days :D

Hi SNC,

Great progress! That's actually kind of scary how it overshot the lengthening. What would happen if someone were to just want to do 5cm and the ERC ended up overshooting things? You can reverse right? Would you do that gradually or all at once? Hope you get to your goals safely!

-brondo

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #245 on: October 03, 2020, 01:00:29 PM »

Day 70 (Wed., Sep. 30) - 67.1 mm Taller
Day 71 (Thurs., Oct. 1) - 68.1 mm Taller
Day 72 (Fri., Oct. 2) - 69.1 mm Taller

The discomfort and pain during evening times are sometimes annoying.  I hope this does not get aggravated during the last 1cm of my distraction phase!

I do at least 6 times of PT sessions per day, but the only remedy that brings the pain down to zero is hot water! A hot bathtub or jet works perfectly, but it is temporary. As soon as I am out pain resumes.  Overall things are not as bad. I would have imagined a lot worse in 5cm+ range, so I am happy with my progress so far.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 01:33:58 PM by StrydeNailChallenge »

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #246 on: October 03, 2020, 01:04:12 PM »

Hi SNC,

Great progress! That's actually kind of scary how it overshot the lengthening. What would happen if someone were to just want to do 5cm and the ERC ended up overshooting things? You can reverse right? Would you do that gradually or all at once? Hope you get to your goals safely!

-brondo

brondo bro, I am as surprised as you on this!   We plan so much, spend so much money and we expect things to be accurate. Turns out measurements are not accurate!   

I know someone could grow shorter than what the device number implies for various reasons (magnet did not connect to nail for various reasons), but I am still not sure whether a lengthening device can actually make it grown even larger than what it displays.

I know there are facilities that can accurately measure length and growth using x rays, because I did that right before the surgery to know the exact height of my left leg and right leg. It would be nice to use something similar to those facilities in Dr.'s office, so they can do accurate measurements during the distraction phase.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 01:25:06 PM by StrydeNailChallenge »

brondo

« Reply #247 on: October 03, 2020, 01:48:55 PM »

brondo bro, I am as surprised as you on this!   We plan so much, spend so much money and we expect things to be accurate. Turns out measurements are not accurate!   

I know someone could grow shorter than what the device number implies for various reasons (magnet did not connect to nail for various reasons), but I am still not sure whether a lengthening device can actually make it grown even larger than what it displays.

I know there are facilities that can accurately measure length and growth using x rays, because I did that right before the surgery to know the exact height of my left leg and right leg. It would be nice to use something similar to those facilities in Dr.'s office, so they can do accurate measurements during the distraction phase.

That seems like a problem that Dr. M doesn't have ways to accurately measure the legs. If someone decided to do less than the max length, they would need to make sure their legs are even before consolidatoin. Do you know if you're using ERC1 (the green and yellow buttons) or ERC4 (the purple one with the display)? I've learned that ERC1 is more accurate, but ERC4 has the ability to turn off if the magnets are not properly aligned.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23   Go Up