Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Femurs with Dr. Shahab Mahboubian - July 2020  (Read 53675 times)

Dreamer57

Re: Femurs with Dr. Shahab Mahboubian - July 2020
« Reply #589 on: May 19, 2021, 09:21:55 PM »

Hey man, eagerly waiting for your next update....I'm sure ther must have been some great improvement!!

The last video was crazy! Already running just after post op....! Hope your are doing great!

Best wishes!

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #590 on: May 20, 2021, 06:28:53 AM »

Hey man, eagerly waiting for your next update....I'm sure ther must have been some great improvement!!

The last video was crazy! Already running just after post op....! Hope your are doing great!

Best wishes!

Hey Dreamer57,
Good to hear from you.   

I have been busy, but I plan to make a list of my achievements and records and post them here. 

The following is a video my silly stuff, taken in Month 9 post CLL surgery, which is also around Day 40 post nail removal surgery:

I have been careful on running, because Dr. M. wanted me to take it easy during the first 12 weeks post nail removal. In about 5 weeks or so, I can run with my max speed:

Let me know if you have any other specific move you want me to demonstrate and I'll try my best.

SNC
Starting [Morning] Height: 172.5 cm, Ending: 180.5
SNC - Femurs' Stryde Nail Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65337.0

Serilium

« Reply #591 on: May 20, 2021, 10:16:32 AM »

Good to see you SNC! Awesome goddamn video.

Dogecoin to the moon! (Jk f**k Elon musk pump and dump 😂😂 crypto bubble poppin)

I honestly think you are a super human. It hasn't even been like what, 10 months yet? And you already removed the damn nails, can run like that and potentially better because you're intentionally taking it easy, you are at an age that most people gave up in terms of life improvement and challenges and settled into complacency/mediocrity (work, watch TV after work, sleep, repeat) yet you are just pushing your own body and doing insane challenges like bilateral bone breakages and lengthening.  You are the warrior of all LLers and the only negative you cause is trick people into thinking LL is easier than it really is because you're a f**king freak of nature and have a work ethic of Kobe Bryant and your result is just the pure result of hard work and not luck or by chance nor is your result typical or even matched by any that I'm aware of.

By the way, you must have no Anterior pelvic tilt if you can do that arch stretch right? How'd you deal with this "duck ass" APT back then when you had it? Asking for other LLers since this seems to be a major concern.

Cheers SNC. You are doing all of us a big favor man. 🙏🏻

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #592 on: May 21, 2021, 07:59:33 AM »

Good to see you SNC! Awesome goddamn video.

Dogecoin to the moon! (Jk f**k Elon musk pump and dump 😂😂 crypto bubble poppin)

Haha, so witty and funny :D

I honestly think you are a super human. It hasn't even been like what, 10 months yet? And you already removed the damn nails, can run like that and potentially better because you're intentionally taking it easy, you are at an age that most people gave up in terms of life improvement and challenges and settled into complacency/mediocrity (work, watch TV after work, sleep, repeat) yet you are just pushing your own body and doing insane challenges like bilateral bone breakages and lengthening.  You are the warrior of all LLers and the only negative you cause is trick people into thinking LL is easier than it really is because you're a f**king freak of nature and have a work ethic of Kobe Bryant and your result is just the pure result of hard work and not luck or by chance nor is your result typical or even matched by any that I'm aware of.

By the way, you must have no Anterior pelvic tilt if you can do that arch stretch right? How'd you deal with this "duck ass" APT back then when you had it? Asking for other LLers since this seems to be a major concern.

Cheers SNC. You are doing all of us a big favor man. 🙏🏻

Thanks man! Means a lot.  I try to address your questions in the following and also add some comments:

Duck ass APT:  I have always (and by that I mean since I was a teenager) tried to avoid tilted back, but strengthening my core and doing stretching exercises such as those shown @ https://backintelligence.com/anterior-pelvic-tilt-fix/

However I did not suffer from it during this surgery. It could be because I strengthened my core and perhaps some right muscles whole my life. As I had noted in my diary, my main problem was the extreme level of pain during extraction; that ruined my night sleeps. very torturous...
but that quickly changed a couple weeks into consolidation.

Hard work You are very correct on this. I can't emphasize the importance of hard work in recovery. E.g., my average walking and running miles per day is 6.2 miles and the maximum I walked/ran in one day is 13.4 miles. I also take stretching very seriously. Also rich nutrition matters a lot. My callus growth was exceptionally fast and that is most likely thanks to eating well. I have listed all the pills and types of food in my diary, but let me know if you can't find the info.

Am I misleading our folks here  This has always been my concern too; that my diary may encourage someone to do CLL and they later regret it. That is the reason I have repeatedly asked the readers to do what I did for years before going for CLL: I did research for years and that included reading many articles on CLL. No one should decide to go for CLL, just based on this forum. 

Hope this helps.
SNC - Femurs' Stryde Nail Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65337.0

BelowTheMean

« Reply #593 on: May 22, 2021, 06:05:01 PM »

Awesome vid, SNC! I can only hope to be jogging a bit by month 9, let alone sprinting after nail removal ;D

Of course, I haven't put in even a fraction of the effort into recovery as you have, so naturally my recovery should be much slower. However, based on my experience, I don't think my legs could take nearly as much walking during consolidation as you have done.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

Dreamer57

« Reply #594 on: May 22, 2021, 09:35:05 PM »

Hey man, first of all, thanks for replying!

The video looks great...

Looks like you are almost back to normal

Saying almost, bcuz I want you to keep improving atheltically, to a point where u r better than ppl who haven't gone through ll😂

Also, a couple of questions...

1) When you go out in Public....shopping etc, do ppl notice anything off? Or you are now absolutely back to normal....in terms of that?

2) You asked for a specific move that we would like to see in next vid.... Probably full and half squats?

A few burpees if u can....

And sprint or a run on like regular road/street.....

That would be absolutely wonderful to watch...!

Anyways congratulations on your great progress and recovery....it's beem 9 months post op, and u got those nails out already....that's incredible!

Keep going!

Best wishes!!!!

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #595 on: May 23, 2021, 08:35:36 AM »

Hey man, first of all, thanks for replying!

The video looks great...

Looks like you are almost back to normal

Saying almost, bcuz I want you to keep improving atheltically, to a point where u r better than ppl who haven't gone through ll😂

Thanks Dreamer57 for the feedback and encouragement.

Also, a couple of questions...

1) When you go out in Public....shopping etc, do ppl notice anything off? Or you are now absolutely back to normal....in terms of that?

Nothing off I believe. I believe I was back to normal in Month 5 post-CLL and I had reported all the details here. Nail removal surgery was in Month 8. It was a super easy surgery in my case.  I felt back to normal once again after Day 3 post-nail removal, but took it easy in jogging/running and plan to keep it that way until 12 weeks post-nail removal, i.e., for about 5 more weeks.

Cause of the pandemic, I have not seen many friends since the surgery, but some whom I've met [and did not know about the surgery] said that I look so tall, and I told them I lost wait and also it's the shoes. I don't mind talking about the surgery, if someone insists, but that has not yet happened :D

2) You asked for a specific move that we would like to see in next vid.... Probably full and half squats?

A few burpees if u can....

And sprint or a run on like regular road/street.....

That would be absolutely wonderful to watch...!

Sure, I'll try to make a video of all those, asap.

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #596 on: May 23, 2021, 08:40:05 AM »

Awesome vid, SNC! I can only hope to be jogging a bit by month 9, let alone sprinting after nail removal ;D

Of course, I haven't put in even a fraction of the effort into recovery as you have, so naturally my recovery should be much slower. However, based on my experience, I don't think my legs could take nearly as much walking during consolidation as you have done.

Thanks BTM,
Hope all goes well for you and you get back to 100% soon.

Dreamer57

« Reply #597 on: August 04, 2021, 07:10:03 PM »

Hey man! How are you holding up?
I suppose you have improved your atheletic abilities since your last update! It would really be amazing to hear an update! And btw...can't wait for that video!!

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #598 on: August 08, 2021, 01:07:50 AM »

I suppose you have improved your atheletic abilities since your last update! It would really be amazing to hear an update! And btw...can't wait for that video!!

Hi Dreamer57,
I am doing well. I did make some videos two months ago, after I had seen your video request. Sorry that I got busy and could not get time to edit them. I just did that. These clips are from early Month 10 post CLL, which is also early Month 2 post nail removal:

« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 02:13:13 AM by StrydeNailChallenge »

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #599 on: August 08, 2021, 01:49:20 AM »

Update: I am at one year post CLL, which is also month 4 post nail removal:
I still stretch (takes about 40 minutes per day). My average walks/runs so far in 2021 has been 6.3 miles per day. My record walk time is 13 and a half minutes per mile and I can keep that speed for 6+ miles. I have been doing long hikes and walks whole my life. However not a runner. In the last 3 months I worked on that. I am very fast but have not done any formal records. If anyone gives me a reference I would try to follow that and report my timing. My older record was 3 miles in less than 24 minutes but I am now faster.

I do 50 to 100 squats per day (no extra weights). Usually half very slow with a few as full squats; but the rest fairly fast (like in the video). Before this surgery I was never  into squats; but a different animal now! I wish a CLL’er could squat for like a 1000 per day so I beat them right away 😂   In Month 10, my contractor did not show up and I had to carry 5  concrete bags each 90 pounds. Had to lift them from my car and carry them for a distance of 100 feet or so. It was super easy; something I would probably find difficult had I done swimming only.   

I cannot yet do a 180 split. My best is 10cm from the ground. Turns out the last 10cm needs consistent commitment which I have not been able to provide due to my work.

You know I did this surgery as a challenge. It was not the hardest I have ever done (hardest have been technical/scientific) but it was something that helped me improve physically  and mentally. E.g., after many years of  playing soccer and doing Parkour-like exercises my knees got sensitive and I had to take it easy on crazy exercises and limit myself to swimming only; but now i can jog/run for miles without feeling weird on my knees.
Since end of 2020 I’ve mainly focused on several challenges related to my technical skills and still a long way to go.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 03:04:40 AM by StrydeNailChallenge »

interactive

• Visitor
« Reply #600 on: August 25, 2021, 04:19:26 PM »

Very very inspiring SNC.

Did you take that pre-op and post-op photo with Dr Mahboubian? Were you ever concerned that there would be loss of privacy from doing this with him knowing that he is world renowned for this procedure and he does aggressive marketing? Do you close family and friends know about this or do you plan to keep it a secret?

Dreamer57

« Reply #601 on: August 25, 2021, 10:48:55 PM »

Hey man, when is your xray scheduled...would love to have a look at what's happening inside...bcuz u r recovering pretty good!... Also if there's any update video like previous...we would love to see one!

L8GrowthSpurt

« Reply #602 on: August 25, 2021, 11:00:13 PM »

Hey SNC - A belated thanks for all the updates as always - an inspiration to all CLLers (and wannabes like me).  I would humbly suggest that its probably time for you to just go ahead now and formally change your name to CLLJesus!  Amazing progress and recovery.  And, please do send us all a pic or 2 from the summit of Mt. Everest, which I am sure you could tackle now that those nails are not holding you back 😆.  Hope you are well and thanks again for the updates and inspiration. 💪
CLL wannabe - waiting for Stryde return
171.5 cm (morning height)
171 cm (day height)
Wingspan: 179 cm
Goal height - 179 cm (femurs)

ab608

« Reply #603 on: August 25, 2021, 11:46:50 PM »

Woah this is amazing, and so inspiring for me! Awesome job and all the best with everything.

GodsGrace

« Reply #604 on: August 27, 2021, 01:33:30 PM »

Wow. Amazing. That's a fantastic recovery and progress. Thanks for the videos, SNC. It's really inspiring!!
Male: 35 to 40
Old Height: 158 cms, New Height: 168 cms
Lengthened: 9.6 cms (Tibia - 3.9 cms, Femur - 5.7 cms)
Surgeries: Tibia - Jan-18-2022 & Femur -  Feb-03-2022
My Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=67836.0

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #605 on: August 27, 2021, 09:32:51 PM »

Very very inspiring SNC.

Did you take that pre-op and post-op photo with Dr Mahboubian? Were you ever concerned that there would be loss of privacy from doing this with him knowing that he is world renowned for this procedure and he does aggressive marketing? Do you close family and friends know about this or do you plan to keep it a secret?

Thanks interactive,
I did have pre-op and post-op photos with Dr. M., however my arrangement with him was that my privacy would be preserved, and his office would not post anything that causes my identity to be revealed.

My close family and friends already know. For the rest, not all were curious, but those who were, I told them that I got thinner cause of aggressive exercises. My plan is that if anyone insists on figuring out exactly why I am much taller, I would tell them about all the details :)

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #606 on: August 27, 2021, 09:37:54 PM »

Hey man, when is your xray scheduled...would love to have a look at what's happening inside...bcuz u r recovering pretty good!... Also if there's any update video like previous...we would love to see one!

Hey Dreamer57,

The last time I met with Dr. M. he told me that no xray was not needed; as he took xrays on the nail removal surgery before and after the surgery and he was certain everything would be ok. I was planning myself to take xrays a couple months after nail removal, however unlike the actual CLL surgery which was very painful, my nail removal was incredibly easy and I probably had a record in recovering from it (no pain, no painkillers at all, walking unaided right after surgery, and feeling normal by day 3). I was jogging in about two weeks post nail removal and I gradually thought I would not need xrays as Dr. M. had suggested :P

About the videos, I hope you liked the previous one. I believe I did what you had asked me. If you have any other moves in mind, let me know and I'll make videos based on those.

Dreamer57

« Reply #607 on: August 28, 2021, 11:21:53 PM »

Man, first of all thank you so much for the previous videos....I gotta give it to you man, your recovery is legit crazy! I don't have any moves in my mind lol... though would love to see a video update for sure! Just do anything you like....even a stroll down the street or a little run... whatever u like...just seeing you doing better makes us all feel positive and motivated...and how are you man...

Btw, how do you feel, like in general?

How was the callus during the last xray update...what did the doc had to say about it?

Do you feel like the strength in your legs has returned how much wrt pre ll strength would you say?

Do you think training rigorously will bring back the explosiveness and agility? I guess your flexibility is very good judging from the previous videos...

apart from cll, how's life...how are you doing...I hope everythings good...

Best wishes mate!

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #608 on: August 29, 2021, 01:36:38 AM »

Hey SNC - A belated thanks for all the updates as always - an inspiration to all CLLers (and wannabes like me).  I would humbly suggest that its probably time for you to just go ahead now and formally change your name to CLLJesus!  Amazing progress and recovery.  And, please do send us all a pic or 2 from the summit of Mt. Everest, which I am sure you could tackle now that those nails are not holding you back 😆.  Hope you are well and thanks again for the updates and inspiration. 💪

Thanks L8GS. It'd happy to check here once in a while and try to help out the current and future CLL'ers.

I like the CLLJesus title very much. Thanks  ;D  much stronger than what Dr. M. gave me (StrydeNailIronManChallenge), cause I guess Jesus is stronger than the Iron Man, lol.

AS the Mt. Everest, I am sure I would not try it unless I do professional training to avoid death cause of lack of air. I grew up in a very cold mountainous area and did hiking weekly since I was a child. That was the main reason to make me a great hiker. I have tried some very difficult summits, but the tallest was 4000 meters shorter than Everest and also not as crazy cold. Who knows, maybe after I am done with my current challenges I will do that. Thanks a lot for the motivation and the kind words.

SNC aka StrydeNailIronManChallenge (crowed by Dr. M) aka CLLJesus (crowned by L8GS)      ;D

AimHigh

« Reply #609 on: August 29, 2021, 08:41:09 AM »

No contest - Son of GOD vs Son of Howard  ;)
2016 5.3 cm RFem. Fitbone, 2019 8cm LFem. Precice 2.2, 2022 2.9 cm Rfem Precice 2.2

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #610 on: September 01, 2021, 03:29:30 AM »

Woah this is amazing, and so inspiring for me! Awesome job and all the best with everything.

Thanks very much ab608!  Wish you the best,
SNC

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #611 on: September 01, 2021, 03:30:46 AM »

Wow. Amazing. That's a fantastic recovery and progress. Thanks for the videos, SNC. It's really inspiring!!

Thanks very much.
My pleasure. I will continue to check and see if there is any questions or video requests for any certain moves :)

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #612 on: September 01, 2021, 03:47:13 AM »

Quick Update:

I have been able to speed up my walks (from 13+ minutes for a mile) to 12.40+ minutes for each mile and I can keep that speed for least 6 consecutive miles.
I walk on streets; there are some uphill and downhill areas, but overall I don't think that has a major impact on my speed.
I feel like I am very close to hitting my limit. My walks are so intense that my shin and upper feet spots burn at start; however keeping the tense walk, after a while the burn stops!
I would need to change my walking form to be more like marathon style if I wanna lower my time to below 12 minutes for each mile. Something that I feel a bit shy to do on streets :D

Want-3-inches

« Reply #613 on: September 01, 2021, 09:17:48 AM »

But can StrydeNailChallenge duck walk with a low stance continuously for 60 seconds?

itseasy

« Reply #614 on: September 01, 2021, 09:38:36 AM »

Stryde, you still feel good towering over random people at the grocery checkout lines?

Growing

« Reply #615 on: September 01, 2021, 11:39:28 PM »

But can StrydeNailChallenge duck walk with a low stance continuously for 60 seconds?

wtf? I can't even do that and I haven't had CLL yet 😂

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #616 on: September 03, 2021, 01:55:42 AM »

Man, first of all thank you so much for the previous videos....I gotta give it to you man, your recovery is legit crazy! I don't have any moves in my mind lol... though would love to see a video update for sure! Just do anything you like....even a stroll down the street or a little run... whatever u like...just seeing you doing better makes us all feel positive and motivated...and how are you man...

Thanks Dreamer57. Certainly. I will continue to post updates and videos :)

Btw, how do you feel, like in general?

As far as CLL related and my legs, I have felt beyond normal for a long time. Month 5 post-op was the start of feeling normal for me; as pain was gone and I could do things I could pre surgery like fast swimming, walking, and jogging. I think by month 7 or so, I felt like I was getting even better than pre-CLL thanks to the consistent workout.  Month 8 I did the nail removal which slowed me down for about two weeks, but then I resumed my activities gradually. If you remember one month after nail removal in Month 9 post-op I was running quite fast (e.g., check my video at the beach).

Whole my life I have been extremely active, but I never had the consistency I've had post CLL. Thanks to the consistent several-hour daily workouts, my legs are in my shape ever. That is not the case for my upper body. I have not been able to swim regularly during the pandemic and that has negatively impacted my upper body. I do sit-ups and chin-ups but no weight lifting. I hope I can resume swimming soon.

How was the callus during the last xray update...what did the doc had to say about it?

I think I had 3 x-rays post CLL in Dr. M.'s office. For the first one he said great! The second one he said it's too great!! cause of the extreme callus growth. He then prescribed two weeks of accelerated extraction (1.33mm per day). On their one, he said my callus had completely healed and I could do nail removal in month 7 (i.e., March 2021). I was not in rush, so I thought I would do nail removal in one year, but as soon as I heard about the stryde recall, I scheduled the removal and the earliest the hospital and him were available were at month 8.

Do you feel like the strength in your legs has returned how much wrt pre ll strength would you say?

I would say more than 100%, perhaps 120% based on a rough estimate in how fast I can walk and run and also my squat power.
I feel my legs are much stronger than before. This is only thanks for consistent workout, meaning I would most likely achieve the same agility and power had I not done CLL, but if I had done the same workout routines.

Do you think training rigorously will bring back the explosiveness and agility? I guess your flexibility is very good judging from the previous videos...

Yes, I am sure I have not yet seen my peak and I will continue to get stronger and faster.
I must be at least as fast as pre-CLL in running, but most likely faster.
At walking I have no doubt I am faster than pre-CLL. 
I tried swimming at month 5 and I did not achieve my best time, cause I was afraid to push it too much. I will report my swimming timing as soon as I get a chance, but I am hoping I am at least back to my highest speed pre-CLL.

apart from cll, how's life...how are you doing...I hope everythings good...

Best wishes mate!

It's all good. I am working on a couple things, that are super challenging for me and keep my mind very busy. It's been a long time that for days I don't not think of my CLL as long as I am at home. The only times I am reminded of my CLL, is when I get out and see myself taller than normal. But the satisfaction I get being done with the CLL challenge makes me much happier than being taller. For me height was not the main reason I did this surgery.
My mind is so madly in love with doing crazy things that I would have done this CLL even if it was the last day of my life. I just wanted to cross it off of the list of crazy things I wanted to do in this life. My next challenges are brainy :D I better work more on my brain :D
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 02:22:53 AM by StrydeNailChallenge »

Exxon

« Reply #617 on: September 03, 2021, 02:05:03 AM »

What's your 100m sprint time now. What was it before if you had any record? Thanks!

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #618 on: September 03, 2021, 02:16:04 AM »

Hi Want-3-inches,
I had never tried it before seeing your message. I just watched a youtube video to make sure I understand exactly how a duck walk with a low stance should look like. Then I tried it. I believe I can do it, but I have to first do it really for at least 60 seconds before making an official claim. I will try it and if that works I will make a video of it.

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #619 on: September 03, 2021, 02:23:12 AM »

No contest - Son of GOD vs Son of Howard  ;)

;D
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23   Go Up