Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Femurs with Dr. Shahab Mahboubian - July 2020  (Read 53071 times)

V21

Re: Femurs with Dr. Shahab Mahboubian - July 2020
« Reply #372 on: November 12, 2020, 11:07:39 PM »

Yeah, I'm doing STRYDE femurs, but I dont want to do too much. I understand is a risk anyway, but I want to do everything I can to guarantee decent athletic recovery. Sport is really important for me... Anyway, I don't really want to be tall, I am more than happy overcoming the 175 mark. My idea is to do 5 or 5,5 and I hope not to get crippled¡

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #373 on: November 13, 2020, 02:30:48 AM »

Yeah, I'm doing STRYDE femurs, but I dont want to do too much. I understand is a risk anyway, but I want to do everything I can to guarantee decent athletic recovery. Sport is really important for me... Anyway, I don't really want to be tall, I am more than happy overcoming the 175 mark. My idea is to do 5 or 5,5 and I hope not to get crippled¡

I have not done much research on which one, the tibia or the femur lengthening is less invasive for a professional athlete. It would be nice to know if there is a study that gathered some statistics on the chance of full recovery for athletes on femur and also tibia.  If you find out tibia is less invasive and less painful, you may then do tibia and get 5 to 5.5 on your tibia. I am just loudly thinking. Pardon me if what I say is not reasonable!

As for my personal experience doing femurs, I believe the chance of full recovery to pre-surgery state is low; but possible.

I think I have a good shot at it, considering my background in sports. My goal is to recover fully by Day 180. The definition of full recovery for me includes: 1) almost perfect gait; such that no one can tell I have any sort of leg problem, 2) being able to swim at least as fast as before the surgery. I know I could swim 25 yards in less than 16 seconds fairly easily, pre-surgery. I have to beat that if I wanna show that I have fully recovered. 3) run with a decent speed, making sure no one would find my running weird by any measures. If I meet all the 3 criteria, 4) take stairs up and down as quickly and comfortably as before.

I will let you and the CLL community know. I will try my best to video tape my results if my results are satisfying.

If I can do it, then you have one more example of a success story to consider :P
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 02:57:05 AM by StrydeNailChallenge »
Starting [Morning] Height: 172.5 cm, Ending: 180.5
SNC - Femurs' Stryde Nail Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65337.0

V21

« Reply #374 on: November 13, 2020, 09:56:47 AM »

According to my research, femur recovery is better and I should have a decent chance doing only 5 cm, as I'm also really fit. Of course I know I will lose some ahtleticism, but I agree with you: if I can run decently and walk with no issues, it's worth it for me¡ I'm sure you will make it man, thanks for your advices¡

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #375 on: November 15, 2020, 11:03:51 PM »

Day 109 Post-op (Sun., Nov. 8 ) - Consolidation Day 28
Day 110 Post-op (Mon., Nov. 9) - Consolidation Day 29
Day 111 Post-op (Tue., Nov. 10) - Consolidation Day 30
Day 112 Post-op (Wed., Nov. 11) - Consolidation Day 31
Day 113 Post-op (Thurs., Nov. 12) - Consolidation Day 32
Day 114 Post-op (Fri., Nov. 13) - Consolidation Day 33
Day 115 Post-op (Sat., Nov. 14) - Consolidation Day 34
Day 116 Post-op (Sun., Nov. 15) - Consolidation Day 35 *

* Weekly updates make more sense (than daily updates) during consolidation. I still list all the days; just in case someone would like to search for a certain day. E.g., searching for "112" would hopefully point at the post with the updates related to Day 112.

Updates:

Exercises:    I have continued to do the stretching exercises I had posted here. Typically 3 sessions per day with each session taking about 20 minutes.  I also do a couple short indoor cycling sessions per day. In addition to walking here and there at home to do my work and run errands, I make sure to walk 1.5 miles daily in a park nearby. I am sure I can walk for much longer distances, but I get bored walking in the park doing nothing :P

Gait and Flexibility:

Walks: I have experienced major improvement since distraction stopped and that has continued in the last week. My wait is getting close to normal. There is a high chance for most of my walks, others may not notice anything abnormal. I also walk a lot faster and my speed is back to normal (speed pre-surgery). I used to walk fast pre-surgery; much faster than typical; now I am back at it!

Running: I cannot yet run, but I can kinda do a marathon looking run.

Stairs: Going downstairs has been fairly manageable for weeks now, but climbing upstairs unassisted was not easy for my right leg. That is resolved. I can now climb upstairs with right leg having sufficient strength so I can make it look normal. I am still slow. I have to build up more strength and I know it's gonna happen soon.

Flexibility: I think I can now keep my legs very straight without any knee bending issues, while standing tall.

As for bending legs, I see major improvement: I can now bend my right knee all the way to 170 degrees or so. It's very close to my right foot touching my butt. My left is still lagging behind and I think I can bend my left to 160 degrees or so. My quads get a bit sore. At times they feel like rocks, and they are the major barrier for not getting the full 180 degrees bending yet. I hope this will happen in a week or two.

I suffered from flat butt post-op. However, my gluteus muscles (butt muscles) grew fairly quickly post distraction. My butt does not look normal like pre-op normal, but definitely not flat either!  By Day 180, I hope to have developed stronger gluteus muscles (than before the surgery) cause of the regular stretching and walking I do every day.

As I said before my goal is to be back to pre-surgery status by Day 180. Swimming is a major part of it. I hope to try swimming for the first time next week and see where I am!

Pain:  I have been painkiller free since Oct 20th (Day 90 Post-op, also Consolidation Day 9).  I still experience discomfort, but the times has shifted from late afternoon to late evening, i.e., starting around 7~8pm or so and continues till post-midnight. I don't describe it as pain, but a feeling of discomfort. If I were to number the discomfort based on comparison to pain out of a max level 10, I would say the discomfort at night times ranges between 1 and 3 on each leg, almost equally; almost, cause I feel numb in the left tibia (minor, not too bad).

Numbness: I have overall had 19 fast distraction days with 1.33mm daily distractions: 5 days at the beginning and 14 more later on following Dr. M.'s plan to avoid any premature consolidation, after he found out I had extreme callus growth!

As a result I may be one of the fastest (if not exactly the fastest) CLL'ers to achieve 8cm [My record of 8cm is 72 days!!].  That however must have come with some side effects, e.g., I experienced more pain during the fast distraction days. Also the numbness on my left tibia could be the result of fast distraction. Unfortunately the numbness is not yet resolved. Dr. M. told me that it would resolve over time. I hope it will!

Night Sleeps: My night sleeps have improved quickly post distraction phase. Overall I sleep more than 8 hours per day, but I still wake up one to three times during the 8 hours, not because of pain, but just randomly or to go to restroom!

Please let me know if I missed on any updates!

« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 01:26:05 AM by StrydeNailChallenge »
SNC - Femurs' Stryde Nail Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65337.0

readyprecisestryde

« Reply #376 on: November 16, 2020, 04:38:04 AM »

Hello SNC,

I have numbness on my left shin and minor nerve pain. Dr. Robbins told me it can take weeks/months to improve. Hope the numbness goes away for both of us soon.

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #377 on: November 16, 2020, 03:05:32 PM »

Hello SNC,

I have numbness on my left shin and minor nerve pain. Dr. Robbins told me it can take weeks/months to improve. Hope the numbness goes away for both of us soon.

Thanks very much rpc !  It's about two months since the numbness started and almost 36 days into recovery/consolidation. I'll be patient :)  Meanwhile I am trying to figure out if we could do any stretching that may accelerate recovery from numbness. I have not yet figured out which area hamstrings, quads, etc. may need more improvement, and hence stretching may help with the numbness. Please let me know if you find out.

Jackieeechan

« Reply #378 on: November 16, 2020, 06:58:38 PM »

Do you mind sharing your quad and calve size? pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #379 on: November 16, 2020, 07:39:19 PM »

Certainly. I'll post it asap. Just letting you know I am very thin  for my height even before the surgery (very athletic body with almost no fat; not bulky at all, though). The small numbers would therefore most likely surprise you :D
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 09:52:43 PM by StrydeNailChallenge »

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #380 on: November 16, 2020, 10:17:11 PM »

Here are the numbers:
Left calf: 33.4cm   Right: 33.2cm
Left quad: 47.5cm  Right: 46.4cm

I hope I measured them correctly. If you have a specific way of measuring in mind, let me know and I'll double check! 

Jackieeechan

« Reply #381 on: November 17, 2020, 02:00:23 AM »

Thanks for replying mate. I appreciate it. I have quad size smaller than yours. Do you think the lengthening would be less painful and easier for me?

Quads - 40cm
Calf - 33cm

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #382 on: November 17, 2020, 04:08:25 AM »

Thanks for replying mate. I appreciate it. I have quad size smaller than yours. Do you think the lengthening would be less painful and easier for me?

Quads - 40cm
Calf - 33cm

I have no idea Jackieeechan. I hope others jump in and help here, especially if they know of real cases or if they know of any research related to size and pain.

I should however remind you that even if size would impact pain, there are probably other more important factors that determine the pain level. I could mention, your tolerance to pain (I am a crazy guy for dangerous stuff, but surprisingly my pain tolerance is low), your nerve sensitivity (my nerves are super sensitive, e.g., if the dentists uses one short of anesthesia for a typical patient, they have to use three shorts for me), your flexibility (this saved me; I tend to believe I am one of the most flexible CLL'ers in the whole globe!!), your upper body strength (mine is very strong for my weight), stryde vs other procedures (I am not sure, but overall stryde may be less painful - please ask others but I highly recommend stryde), and whether you would be okay taking painkillers (I tried to quit on them several times, cause I don't wanna depend on them, but I realized I could not survive the post-op without them; until I was finally able to quit during the recovery phase). There is a good chance pain level depends on which doctor you'd go for.

Overall I should tell you you would most likely end up experiencing a lot of pain. You should therefore have a good motivation for doing the CLL.

SNC,
P.S. I am a big fan of Jackie Chan. I know a lot of Chinese who do not like him, but I love this guy for his innovations in martial arts and his acting skills.

readyprecisestryde

« Reply #383 on: November 17, 2020, 08:40:58 AM »

I am stretching several times a days and also started stretching my calves. The stretching hasn't helped with reducing the my numbness around my shin. Walking does help to relieve some of the minor nerve pain that I have been experiencing.

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #384 on: November 17, 2020, 02:39:14 PM »

I am stretching several times a days and also started stretching my calves. The stretching hasn't helped with reducing the my numbness around my shin. Walking does help to relieve some of the minor nerve pain that I have been experiencing.

My numbness is on the front (Tibia Shin) not the calf. Is yours mostly on the back (calf) side?

While bending knees, left aches more than right when I put pressure towards 180 degrees.  My right has always been more flexible since distraction times. There is a slight chance if my left leg improves to be as good as right in bending, numbness may start to disappear. If that is a correct hypothesis, then I should work on my quads.

@readyprecsestryde (rpc)   Do you have a similar situation? i.e., when you bend your legs, does the leg with numbness aches more when you go extreme?

readyprecisestryde

« Reply #385 on: November 17, 2020, 04:24:22 PM »

My numbness is on part of the shin only  and very small amount of the calf(not much on the calf). I don’t feel much pain from it, just annoyance. Bending my knees does not bother or help it.

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #386 on: November 17, 2020, 04:53:11 PM »

My numbness is on part of the shin only  and very small amount of the calf(not much on the calf). I don’t feel much pain from it, just annoyance. Bending my knees does not bother or help it.

I don't have pain either. For most of the day, I can't even feel it, unless I touch the shin area skin.  I mean while bending legs do you feel discomfort (not related to numbness) or can you bend your legs like 180 degrees?

I can't. My left goes to about 160 degrees and right to 170.  I am just hoping by the time I can bend my legs completely at 180 degrees, somehow the numbness disappears.

readyprecisestryde

« Reply #387 on: November 17, 2020, 10:05:56 PM »

Physical therapist measured my knees last week and my knees were bending 135 degrees. I am tight but not a lot of  discomfort.

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #388 on: November 17, 2020, 10:30:13 PM »

Physical therapist measured my knees last week and my knees were bending 135 degrees. I am tight but not a lot of  discomfort.

I hope we both get to 180 soon.

I remember my numbness started during the fast distraction days. That may imply the nerve got lengthened too much and created numbness. Therefore it may not really have anything to do with the callus or muscles. Therefore stretching or walking may not directly help, but my indirectly stimulate nerve repair. Sorry once gain that I am loudly thinking! 

Jackieeechan

« Reply #389 on: November 18, 2020, 05:55:13 PM »

I have no idea Jackieeechan. I hope others jump in and help here, especially if they know of real cases or if they know of any research related to size and pain.

I should however remind you that even if size would impact pain, there are probably other more important factors that determine the pain level. I could mention, your tolerance to pain (I am a crazy guy for dangerous stuff, but surprisingly my pain tolerance is low), your nerve sensitivity (my nerves are super sensitive, e.g., if the dentists uses one short of anesthesia for a typical patient, they have to use three shorts for me), your flexibility (this saved me; I tend to believe I am one of the most flexible CLL'ers in the whole globe!!), your upper body strength (mine is very strong for my weight), stryde vs other procedures (I am not sure, but overall stryde may be less painful - please ask others but I highly recommend stryde), and whether you would be okay taking painkillers (I tried to quit on them several times, cause I don't wanna depend on them, but I realized I could not survive the post-op without them; until I was finally able to quit during the recovery phase). There is a good chance pain level depends on which doctor you'd go for.

Overall I should tell you you would most likely end up experiencing a lot of pain. You should therefore have a good motivation for doing the CLL.

SNC,
P.S. I am a big fan of Jackie Chan. I know a lot of Chinese who do not like him, but I love this guy for his innovations in martial arts and his acting skills.

Asking this cause, I want to gain some mass overall. I am at 50 kg which is less at my height. I am planning to this surgery after 2 or 3 year, when i graduate from university.

I also love Jackie Chan, that's why I chose this name. And its also easy to pronounce.

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #390 on: November 22, 2020, 06:15:58 PM »

* Weekly updates make more sense (than daily updates) during consolidation. I still list all the days; just in case someone would like to search for a certain day. E.g., searching for "112" would hopefully point at the post with the updates related to Day 112.

Day 117 Post-op (Mon., Nov. 16) - Consolidation Day 36
Day 118 Post-op (Tue., Nov. 17) - Consolidation Day 37
Day 119 Post-op (Wed., Nov. 18) - Consolidation Day 38
Day 120 Post-op (Thurs., Nov. 19) - Consolidation Day 39
Day 121 Post-op (Fri., Nov. 20) - Consolidation Day 40
Day 122 Post-op (Sat., Nov. 21) - Consolidation Day 41
Day 123 Post-op (Sun., Nov. 22) - Consolidation Day 42

Updates:

Exercises:    I have continued to do the stretching exercises I posted in my dairy. The latest version is version 2.1 on page 12. I do a typical 3 session per day workout with each session taking about 20 minutes.  I also do a couple short indoor cycling sessions per day. I have stopped cycling in the last two days to see whether the slight pain in the screws' area on left leg (upper thigh/butt area) is due to cycling or the walks. In addition to walking here and there at home to do my work and run errands, I make sure to walk 1.5 miles (increased it 2, then 2.5 and now 3 miles per day) daily in a park nearby. I am sure I can walk for much longer distances, Doing 3 miles, I feel I should not push for longer distances. I therefore plan to keep the daily walks in the park limited to 3 miles per day.

I see improvement in my gait, and daily activities, such as stair climbing, in terms of strength and flexibility. For example I have been able to sit on a bed, sofa, chair etc. without using hands as support. I have recently been able to stand from a sitting position without using my hands if the height of the sitting area is fairly high. if the height is low, I need momentum by moving my body forward and sometimes using my hands on my knees to be able to stand.

The only exception is the numbness feeling on left tibia; which has not gotten better.
I am still hopeful I meet my own goal of getting back to normal (pre-surgery) on every terms by Day 180.

CLL'ers, please feel free to let me know what your definition of normal is and I try my best to see whether I can meet them by Day 180. 

By the way, the reason I chose Day 180 as my deadline is that Dr. M. had told me that one of his patients could be back to normal (as if no surgery were done on him) in 6 months. Of course longer legs may define a new normal on some aspects, but I think there is this feeling you would have that you would think, I feel totally normal. I don't have it yet. It's actually far from it. I wanna see if I can feel normal by Day 180 and I know my best way to get there would be with PTs, exercises and workouts. 

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #391 on: November 23, 2020, 09:04:48 AM »

Good job strydenailchallonge

thank you for this diary

i wud define normal as being able to do everything a normal person can do without pain even sports just poor strength, and like you dont even feel like you did surgery to legs ever or even did LL. i wud say this probably takes 15 months+

if going by the LL doctor's definition of normal, it's probably just 90%+ gait but pain/numbness is still there and everything. 6 month is normal as in u can walk and go to work but not normal normal as if LL never happened if you know what i mean

now for my cliche answer/for fun: i think the true normal is 3 years later when you don't even think about height anymore and this surgery isn't even a thought in your head anymore, it's just a phase that passed, history... and you don't come back to this forum

This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #392 on: November 23, 2020, 02:41:19 PM »

Good job strydenailchallonge

thank you for this diary

i wud define normal as being able to do everything a normal person can do without pain even sports just poor strength, and like you dont even feel like you did surgery to legs ever or even did LL. i wud say this probably takes 15 months+

if going by the LL doctor's definition of normal, it's probably just 90%+ gait but pain/numbness is still there and everything. 6 month is normal as in u can walk and go to work but not normal normal as if LL never happened if you know what i mean

now for my cliche answer/for fun: i think the true normal is 3 years later when you don't even think about height anymore and this surgery isn't even a thought in your head anymore, it's just a phase that passed, history... and you don't come back to this forum

Hey ghkid2019,    Happy to see you here! It's been a while and I was wondering when you'd be back! A sad reality of this forum is that any of us would stop at some point posting and if others are used to them, they would wonder what happened, miss them ...

I believe your definition of normal is correct and there is a very high chance that the record holder patient of Dr. M. who was back to normal in 6 months, was not following that definition. The chance that I would feel normal by Day 180  is probably as bad a 75 year old psycho, showing some signs of logic and empathy on his birthday  :D     but I try to fix my walking, gait, running, stair climbing, swimming, etc. by Day 180.  I hope I can make it, but even that does not look that great :D I'll try to post a video by the end of the week so you guys judge for yourself how my gait looks these days. 

« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:09:46 PM by StrydeNailChallenge »

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #393 on: November 24, 2020, 04:02:36 PM »

Flexibility: I think I can now keep my legs very straight without any knee bending issues, while standing tall.

As for bending legs, I see major improvement: I can now bend my right knee all the way to 170 degrees or so. It's very close to my right foot touching my butt. My left is still lagging behind and I think I can bend my left to 160 degrees or so. My quads get a bit sore. At times they feel like rocks, and they are the major barrier for not getting the full 180 degrees bending yet. I hope this will happen in a week or two.

I don't have pain either. For most of the day, I can't even feel it, unless I touch the shin area skin.  I mean while bending legs do you feel discomfort (not related to numbness) or can you bend your legs like 180 degrees?

I can't. My left goes to about 160 degrees and right to 170.  I am just hoping by the time I can bend my legs completely at 180 degrees, somehow the numbness disappears.

Hello All,
I have an update based on a PT visit I had yesterday. Those who followed my journey know that I mostly did self-PT'ing.
Yesterday I went for my third PT center visit, since the surgery. The few visits have been very helpful in terms of evaluation, getting some new exercises and also getting some accurate measurements. I found out yesterday that I had listed some wrong numbers on knee bending; I'd like to apologize for the mistake and also post the right numbers.

I know that a straightened leg would be translated to 0 degree, as the extended line of femur would be aligned with the tibia.

However what I misunderstood was that while bending knees, the maximum level, i.e., foot heel touching butt would not mean 180 degrees. Assuming that wrongly as 180, I had guessed my numbers as 170 and 160 for my right and left legs, which are incorrect.

I would imagine doing 180 degrees knee bending would not look normal! cause for that to happen, tibia has to further get aligned with femur, beyond the heel touching butt.

The correct numbers for my right and left knee bending degrees are (measured by the PT as) 140 and 133, respectively. 

I asked the PT what would be the maximum level in degrees. He did not give me a number; perhaps because it's subjective and may depend on the size of the thighs, etc.

I will soon update my list of exercises to Version 3 (most updated so far is version 2.1 on page 12 of my diary) with some new exercises I learned from the yesterday visit.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 06:01:06 PM by StrydeNailChallenge »

InFullStryde

« Reply #394 on: November 25, 2020, 01:16:47 AM »

I finally read through your entire diary SNC ...  Inspiring, man! Your diary will be a great help to the future CLL'ers to come.  I look forward to following the rest of your journey.
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #395 on: November 25, 2020, 10:56:05 PM »

I finally read through your entire diary SNC ...  Inspiring, man! Your diary will be a great help to the future CLL'ers to come.  I look forward to following the rest of your journey.

Thanks IFS for reading my diary. I am glad you found it helpful. The credit mainly goes to you, cause as I said before, I read the first few weeks of your diary right before the surgery and that helped me a lot in planning for the surgery; and I decided to write this diary as a way of returning the favor.

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #396 on: December 01, 2020, 04:55:47 AM »

Note: I think weekly updates make more sense (than daily updates) during consolidation. I still list all the days; just in case someone would like to search for a certain day. E.g., searching for "112" would hopefully help better with pointing at the post with the updates related to Day 112.

Day 124 Post-op (Mon., Nov. 23) - Consolidation Day 43
Day 125 Post-op (Tue., Nov. 24) - Consolidation Day 44
Day 126 Post-op (Wed., Nov. 25) - Consolidation Day 45
Day 127 Post-op (Thurs., Nov. 26) - Consolidation Day 46
Day 128 Post-op (Fri., Nov. 28) - Consolidation Day 47
Day 129 Post-op (Sat., Nov. 28) - Consolidation Day 48
Day 130 Post-op (Sun., Nov. 29) - Consolidation Day 49
Day 131 Post-op (Mon., Nov. 30) - Consolidation Day 50

Exercises:    I have continued to do the stretching exercises I posted in my dairy (three times per day). I'll soon post the updated list of exercises (will call it Version 3. Version 2.1 is the latest so far that appears on page 12 of my diary).

Just a summary of dates: I started distraction on Day 10 post-op. I was done with 8cm distraction in 72 days; most likely a record, thanks to 19 days of 1.33 mm distraction days (5 days from Day 10 to Day 14 and 14 days from Day 48 to Day 61). Finishing the distraction phase early, had its pros and cons; i.e., it made my Day 48 to Day 61 more painful, but also allowed me to have more recovery days since post-op.

Updates:

I have continued to see improvement in my gait, and daily activities, in terms of strength and flexibility. For example I can now put on and take off my socks and pants while standing on one leg unassisted, and switching between legs. I know for a normal person it's not a big deal, but for me, this was not easy even a week ago.

Like last week I continued to walk 3 miles per day in a nearby park in addition to walks in the house or outside to run errands. My phone shows that my walks overall range between 4 to 6 miles per day, with the avg. standing at 5 miles per day.

I still suffer from the numbness on my left tibia. Those who followed my diary know that I am in the quest to be back to normal by Day 180. I have less than 50 days now. I know it's very unlikely I would feel normal by Day 180, but at least I could try making daily activities like running, etc. look normal.

Another update: I had lost a lot of leg muscle post-op, but now my calves look normal to me. My weight is around 140 pounds which is almost the same as pre-surgery. However since I am almost 8cm taller, I expect to gradually go towards 150, as I get my gluteus (butt) muscles back and gain more callus.   

I had a video of my walk/gait taken (on Sunday the 29th) as promised to some guys here. I was not at my best, cause I almost fell off a side pedestrian curb, and hurt my left [hip area, close to where the nails are]; not major, but one may see an impact on how I walked on that Sunday. I did the video anyway, cause I was not sure when would be next time to have a friend available to take a video. I'll post it as soon as possible.

This evening, on Monday the 30th, I feel almost recovered, with no pain on the nails spot.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 05:31:57 AM by StrydeNailChallenge »

Jackieeechan

« Reply #397 on: December 01, 2020, 06:47:13 AM »

What's your armspan??

Movie

« Reply #398 on: December 01, 2020, 03:43:12 PM »

Nice update SNC, I'm glad your gait is improving I remember I still had a small limp to my gait around this time in your journey, I'd say a week or two more of practicing your gait in front of a mirror would fix the walking funny issue. Yikes out of all places the hip /: lol you'll be fine and get back on track soon bro! I don't know about the jogging normal at 6 months mark though, but best of luck!  ;D my jogging is still waddley but I can definitely jog for a couple miles at a very respectable pace now .. I think it's the nails making it look or move unnatural.
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #399 on: December 01, 2020, 10:07:07 PM »

Nice update SNC, I'm glad your gait is improving I remember I still had a small limp to my gait around this time in your journey, I'd say a week or two more of practicing your gait in front of a mirror would fix the walking funny issue. Yikes out of all places the hip /: lol you'll be fine and get back on track soon bro! I don't know about the jogging normal at 6 months mark though, but best of luck!  ;D my jogging is still waddley but I can definitely jog for a couple miles at a very respectable pace now .. I think it's the nails making it look or move unnatural.

Thanks Movie,

I had asked a couple times what Dr. M. thought the fastest time to recovery could be. He always mentioned this patient of his who could be back to normal in 6 months. I never asked exactly what normal meant. I just assumed whatever it was, for a crazy person like me, I have to beat that!  Dr. M. keeps telling me it's not a race or competition, but for me, the whole life is about making records. It makes me feel good when I do something exceptional. I don't get devastated when I lose, but I will try my best to be the best.

For this CLL challenge, I have put almost all my attention and energy and I wanna see if I could convince Dr. M. that I recovered better than that patient. I also understand the notion of fastest in recovering from the CLL surgery may be subjective. In fact, Movie (you) could be the best of all CLL'ers overall, but Dr. M. mentions this other patient and I wanna win that game :P

I know you and others may laugh at my silly stuff! I know what I say may sound very stupid :D   In any case I am very happy so far with everything. I can't believe this COVID thing with all its nastiness and tragedies it brought, let me go for this CLL challenge much more easily.

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #400 on: December 01, 2020, 10:10:23 PM »

What's your armspan??

I measured my height and wingspan today at 1pm. My height is sharp at 180cm and my wingspan a surprise 175cm. I thought last time when I measured (back in mid July 2020, a week before my surgery), it was 177, but perhaps I had measured it incorrectly.  In the video I'll post, you might be able to tell that my arms are rather short for my height, but I hope not :P

Movie

« Reply #401 on: December 01, 2020, 10:21:12 PM »

Thanks Movie,

I had asked a couple times what Dr. M. thought the fastest time to recovery could be. He always mentioned this patient of his who could be back to normal in 6 months. I never asked exactly what normal meant. I just assumed whatever it was, for a crazy person like me, I have to beat that!  Dr. M. keeps telling me it's not a race or competition, but for me, the whole life is about making records. I makes me feel good when I do something exceptional. I don't get devastated when I lose, but I will try my best to be the best. For this CLL challenge, I have almost put all my attention and energy and I wanna see if I could convince Dr. M. that I recovered better than that patient. I know you and others may laugh at me! I know what I say may sound stupid :D

No I totally understand, I'm not laughing at you lol! I think all of us are very ambitious and competitive by nature, hence probably why we were able to afford such cosmetic surgery, go through with it, and come out okay... the keyword here is "Normal" as it's very subjective, specially since you didn't ask what he meant by normal lol because I felt normal at around 4.5-5 months post op, nobody would be able to suspect I had done CLL or any surgery for that matter really.. I could walk with a nice normal gait for miles, stand up sit down good, go up stairs no issues etc, but! Could I have jogged a mile or two? probably not, or maybe not definitely not "normal" to my standards, So maybe next time you see him ask him what he means by normal, I'd like to know too ;p ask if he's talking about "Movie" in the forums, he knows who I am hahaha  ;)
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

Tartar

« Reply #402 on: December 01, 2020, 10:31:24 PM »

Hi snc, did you feel the pain so much different while walking compared to standing ?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23   Go Up