Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Femurs with Dr. Shahab Mahboubian - July 2020  (Read 53084 times)

StrydeNailChallenge

Re: Femurs with Dr. Shahab Mahboubian - July 2020
« Reply #496 on: February 09, 2021, 10:31:30 PM »

Wow I am very surprised that people do not "dig into" it more when they notice that you are taller.

Do you think they would notice if you also did tibias and gained 4-5cm more? (I know this is not your desire, but for example if you did want to)

Vibes, you answered your own question. I did the femurs' stryde mainly to experience the challenge and learn from it and looked at the height gain as a side benefit. I will not do tibias for various reasons including the following: 1) I look for challenges and at times I repeat them; but for the CLL, I don't think I would learn much if I did the tibias, 2) doing tibias, I would be too tall. I am quite happy with 180ish height, 3) CLL put a lot of pressure on my friends and family who knew about it. I don't want them to go through this once more.
Starting [Morning] Height: 172.5 cm, Ending: 180.5
SNC - Femurs' Stryde Nail Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65337.0

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #497 on: February 09, 2021, 10:33:31 PM »

Hi SNC,

How are you feeling these days? It's been so many days that you haven't posted a video update, are you still doing your daily routine exercise? Have you tried anything new?

Hope you are feeling well :)

LuMu

Hi LuMu,
Thanks for checking on me. Everything is good and I feel better (stronger) than a few weeks ago, since my last post.
Sure, I'll post some videos soon.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 11:28:55 PM by StrydeNailChallenge »
SNC - Femurs' Stryde Nail Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65337.0

permanentlybanned

« Reply #498 on: February 09, 2021, 11:18:35 PM »

Welcome back snc glad everything is fine 💪🏻
Permanently banned by Medium Drink of Water due to non-maliciously spamming one singular time.

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #499 on: February 10, 2021, 06:19:42 AM »

Welcome back snc glad everything is fine 💪🏻

Thanks ghkid,  I appreciate your support since the beginning of my CLL journey.

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #500 on: February 11, 2021, 08:19:37 AM »

Hi SNC,

How are you feeling these days? It's been so many days that you haven't posted a video update, are you still doing your daily routine exercise? Have you tried anything new?

Hope you are feeling well :)

LuMu

This is a video of my post-op biking backwards, I took a few weeks ago:

It was on my mind to give it a try to see if the new proportions would still let me do it. Turned out muscle memory wins! and I could do it with no trouble! 

I went to a bike shop and asked the owner if I could check their bikes. He was watching me and it was a bit embarrassing, so I finished it quickly.  Next time, I'll try to get a bike for a few hours and do some more damage :P

Jamesy998

« Reply #501 on: February 11, 2021, 12:16:01 PM »

This is a video of my post-op biking backwards, I took a few weeks ago:

It was on my mind to give it a try to see if the new proportions would still let me do it. Turned out muscle memory wins! and I could do it with no trouble! 

I went to a bike shop and asked the owner if I could check their bikes. He was watching me and it was a bit embarrassing, so I finished it quickly.  Next time, I'll try to get a bike for a few hours and do some more damage :P

Nice man! Good to see you are happy and doing well
LON method | Dr. Halil Buldu | 2021
Diary | http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66007.0

las vegas baby

« Reply #502 on: February 13, 2021, 07:29:12 AM »

please choose one of these for your next video

a) riding bike sideways
b) single leg squat
c) side split

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #503 on: February 21, 2021, 03:40:49 PM »

Nice man! Good to see you are happy and doing well

Thanks Jamesy998, 

Just saw your diary. I make sure to follow it from now on. Best Wishes.

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #504 on: February 21, 2021, 03:42:54 PM »

please choose one of these for your next video

a) riding bike sideways
b) single leg squat
c) side split

;D   biking sideways :D   I try to post a video on one of these :P

canterk

« Reply #505 on: February 26, 2021, 05:40:05 PM »

Hi snc when are you due to remove the nails? 1.5 years post op or do you think you can do it earlier?

permanentlybanned

« Reply #506 on: February 27, 2021, 11:59:20 AM »

Please do a wheelie SNC for next video.

I'm kidding 😆

I'm curious how you doing now though
Permanently banned by Medium Drink of Water due to non-maliciously spamming one singular time.

Bantem

« Reply #507 on: March 01, 2021, 09:01:51 PM »

Day 158 Post-op (Sun., Dec. 27 ) - Consolidation Day 77
Day 159 Post-op (Mon., Dec. 28 ) - Consolidation Day 78

Jogging and Walking: I have recently been jogging for a minimum of 1.5 mile (daily) in intervals of 0.1 to 0.5 miles, without pushing it too much. This is because, I'll have an appt. with Dr. M on Jan 12th.  I hope I will have excellent bone consolidation and hardening with no nail bending, or any other complications, therefore have not pushed on jogging.

I feel pretty normal in the pool. Can do all the things I used to do with no issues. I could get into the pool and get out of it, without the need of using the stairs; like old times I grabbed the wall and jumped in and also pushed my body out and using my legs to stand up. Felt pretty good. I however am not at my maximum speed yet. I need to work on my upper body. Unfortunately the long duration of no swim, has made my upper body weak.
How long does it take you to jog the 1.5 miles? I am thinking of becoming a police officer a year after I get the surgery, and being able to run 1.5 miles under 16 minutes is one of the physical requirements.

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #508 on: March 11, 2021, 08:42:38 AM »

Hi snc when are you due to remove the nails? 1.5 years post op or do you think you can do it earlier?

Hello canterk,
Sorry about the delay.  You would have the details on page 16 of my diary. In short, back in January 2021, Dr. M. said that I could remove my nails in 3 months [sometime in March 2021 which is already here!] Considering I did the surgery on July 23, if I removed my nails now, it would make it 8 months. A typical time for removal is 1 to 1.5 years after the surgery.

I believe my case should be looked at as an extreme case in the spectrum of CLL'ers. Everything went fast and almost perfect. I say almost, cause I experienced a lot of pain during distraction, however I made a record in finishing lengthening early and feeling normal with activities even normal people would have a hard time by month 5.   I think for someone to decide whether they should do this surgery or not, they should carefully research about CLL, and also read some diaries here on average cases as far as recovery time, etc.

I hope this answers your questions.
SNC

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #509 on: March 11, 2021, 08:51:00 AM »

Please do a wheelie SNC for next video.

I'm kidding 😆

I'm curious how you doing now though

Hey ghkid,   
Sorry about the delay!

Glad you were joking, cause I was always below average in wheelie. My friends did a lot better than me :P

I am doing great. Since month 5 that I felt like I am back to normal, there are many days I don't even think about my CLL. I have been planning for my next challenges since then. They demand a lot of brain power :D

You changed your name a couple of times, and I got worried it had something to do with GME. I hope you did not have any negative experience with it.  Stay Safe!

SNC

Serilium

« Reply #510 on: March 11, 2021, 09:47:17 AM »

Probably a world record case study of CLL. Best recovery and surprising age as well.

Cheers StrydeNailChallenge! You really are an anomaly- I am inclined to say this is the best result on the entire forum, akin to Movie's recovery. Amazing!

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #511 on: March 12, 2021, 04:33:03 AM »

How long does it take you to jog the 1.5 miles? I am thinking of becoming a police officer a year after I get the surgery, and being able to run 1.5 miles under 16 minutes is one of the physical requirements.

Hello SPhantom,

I am currently in month 7 and can do 3 miles in less than 25 minutes and 1.5 miles in about 12 minutes on grass, without pushing it too much.  I believe I can be faster if I have to, especially if I train myself for a few weeks before making the record and also if the track is better than a grassland.

I believe the earliest I could do 1.5 miles under 16 minutes would be in month 4 in early December 2020, but never tried that then. I took it easy on speed, but worked on increasing distance, e.g., walked for over 10 miles per day. My avg. "Walking + Running Distance" so far in 2021 is 6.1 miles per day. After my last appt. with Dr. M. on Jan. 12th (Month 5) and getting his confirmation on full callus consolidation, I increased my speed.   

I have a feeling any CLL'er with no serious issues during surgery or post-op should be able to run 1.5 miles under 16 minutes, latest one year after the surgery, but please double check with others to make sure of that.  Best wishes on your future endeavors.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 05:51:02 AM by StrydeNailChallenge »

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #512 on: March 12, 2021, 05:08:43 PM »

Probably a world record case study of CLL. Best recovery and surprising age as well.

Cheers StrydeNailChallenge! You really are an anomaly- I am inclined to say this is the best result on the entire forum, akin to Movie's recovery. Amazing!

Hi Serilium,

Thanks man for the kind words and support.

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #513 on: March 12, 2021, 05:11:19 PM »

Dear All,

I've just found out about the recall, cause I did not check the forum and news for a while. It looks troubling. I have sent an email to Dr. Mahboubian about it and will let all know if I hear anything. Meanwhile, I was wondering if anyone has some info on what the recall means for those who have done the stryde nail already and either removed it recently or are close to removal.

Thanks,
SNC

readyprecisestryde

« Reply #514 on: March 13, 2021, 10:10:10 AM »

I removed it couple of weeks ago. All Precise Stryde has been recalled by Nuvasive and there are corrosions on the Stryde. Nuvasive is recommending to remove the nail no more than a year. Please let us know when you hear back from your doctor.

Bantem

« Reply #515 on: March 13, 2021, 09:48:16 PM »

I removed it couple of weeks ago. All Precise Stryde has been recalled by Nuvasive and there are corrosions on the Stryde. Nuvasive is recommending to remove the nail no more than a year. Please let us know when you hear back from your doctor.
When are you allowed to generally remove the nail? I am seeing mixed numbers, some people say after 2 years, some 1, but you said Nuvasive said before 1 year?

readyprecisestryde

« Reply #516 on: March 13, 2021, 11:51:09 PM »

It all depends on bone formation.... can remove one year or  less  if there are  lots of bone regenerate and the bones have healed. I took an X-ray and Dr. Paley emailed that I am ready for removal 

Bantem

« Reply #517 on: March 14, 2021, 01:43:56 AM »

It all depends on bone formation.... can remove one year or  less  if there are  lots of bone regenerate and the bones have healed. I took an X-ray and Dr. Paley emailed that I am ready for removal
After removing the nails, have you noticed it's easier to walk and bend your legs?

readyprecisestryde

« Reply #518 on: March 14, 2021, 01:54:11 AM »

I am still recovering from the surgery and sore around the hips. I am going to wait until fully recovered from the rod removal surgery before looking for gait improvement, easier to walk and flexibilities. It is way too early to tell if there is any improvement 

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #519 on: March 15, 2021, 01:21:27 PM »

I am still recovering from the surgery and sore around the hips. I am going to wait until fully recovered from the rod removal surgery before looking for gait improvement, easier to walk and flexibilities. It is way too early to tell if there is any improvement

Congratulations on completing the last step of the CLL process! I hope you see great improvement soon.

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #520 on: March 16, 2021, 07:11:15 PM »

Hello SPhantom,

I am currently in month 7 and can do 3 miles in less than 25 minutes and 1.5 miles in about 12 minutes on grass, without pushing it too much.  I believe I can be faster if I have to, especially if I train myself for a few weeks before making the record and also if the track is better than a grassland.

I believe the earliest I could do 1.5 miles under 16 minutes would be in month 4 in early December 2020, but never tried that then. I took it easy on speed, but worked on increasing distance, e.g., walked for over 10 miles per day. My avg. "Walking + Running Distance" so far in 2021 is 6.1 miles per day. After my last appt. with Dr. M. on Jan. 12th (Month 5) and getting his confirmation on full callus consolidation, I increased my speed.   

I have a feeling any CLL'er with no serious issues during surgery or post-op should be able to run 1.5 miles under 16 minutes, latest one year after the surgery, but please double check with others to make sure of that.  Best wishes on your future endeavors.

SPhantom,
I am wondering if you could record your 1.5 mile or 3 mile run. It would be good to know how you did before doing the surgery. Unfortunately I was never into running, so I did not record my time before the surgery. I do have that for swimming, though.

Bantem

« Reply #521 on: March 16, 2021, 09:54:30 PM »

SPhantom,
I am wondering if you could record your 1.5 mile or 3 mile run. It would be good to know how you did before doing the surgery. Unfortunately I was never into running, so I did not record my time before the surgery. I do have that for swimming, though.
Yeah that's my plan. I am out of shape right now, but my 1.5 mile time is 17mins. I think within the next 2 months or so, after losing some weight I should be able to get it at the 14min mark. I am still saving up for the surgery so my plan is to get to a time of 10mins or so for the 1.5 mile within the next year or so. People are saying that you can recover around 80% of your running so that should put my goal at 12mins post LL, which is good enough for what I need it. I am also stretching my muscles every day and already preparing the surgery 2 years in advance, so that I will be at my best and won't have to worry about being sore.

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #522 on: March 16, 2021, 10:48:44 PM »

Yeah that's my plan. I am out of shape right now, but my 1.5 mile time is 17mins. I think within the next 2 months or so, after losing some weight I should be able to get it at the 14min mark. I am still saving up for the surgery so my plan is to get to a time of 10mins or so for the 1.5 mile within the next year or so. People are saying that you can recover around 80% of your running so that should put my goal at 12mins post LL, which is good enough for what I need it. I am also stretching my muscles every day and already preparing the surgery 2 years in advance, so that I will be at my best and won't have to worry about being sore.

Sounds like a carefully drafted plan. I agree with all the things you said.
Just wanted to remind you that it would get exponentially harder as you shorten your time. I think my timing of <25 minutes per 3 miles or 12 mins. per 1.5 miles are average and easy to achieve. However as you push it towards 6 and half minutes per mile [to achieve 1.5 miles in 10 mins.] things get exponentially difficult. Be careful with your knees. If you have access to a running track, then avoid running on hard floors. 

Bantem

« Reply #523 on: March 16, 2021, 11:34:58 PM »

Sounds like a carefully drafted plan. I agree with all the things you said.
Just wanted to remind you that it would get exponentially harder as you shorten your time. I think my timing of <25 minutes per 3 miles or 12 mins. per 1.5 miles are average and easy to achieve. However as you push it towards 6 and half minutes per mile [to achieve 1.5 miles in 10 mins.] things get exponentially difficult. Be careful with your knees. If you have access to a running track, then avoid running on hard floors.
Yeah I heard that too. I have a treadmill so that's what I am using for running right now. My plan is to also get an elevation mask and start wearing it while running, and eventually I am also going to be getting a weight vest, to increase the difficulty. The most important thing I have learned about mile times, is that pacing is the most important thing so hopefully the elevation mask helps to increase my lung capacity.

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #524 on: March 23, 2021, 10:00:12 PM »

Hi readyprecisestryde,

Dr. M. confirms there is rusting and corrosion on stryde nails, however he thinks I should not worry about the recall, as my surgery went well and my x-rays have been perfect.

My CLL surgery was back in July 23, 2020. Dr. M. had already told me [back in January] that I could remove the nails by March 2021. I am going to get that done soon; sometime in Month 8 post-op. 

readyprecisestryde

« Reply #525 on: March 23, 2021, 11:31:00 PM »

Hello SNC,

Awesome and the nail removal surgery is easier than the original surgery. It is not a walk in the park though. I am happy that I removed the nail and the corrosion was causing me a lot of anxiety. Good luck!

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #526 on: April 02, 2021, 12:11:27 AM »

Day 252  (8 months and 9 days) Post-op - Hardware Removal Surgery

I removed the nails today (April 1st, 2021). All went perfectly :) The surgery started at 10:30am and by 2pm I was walking unassisted. So far, sitting and standing have been smooth, but I use my arms as support. I can use the restroom with no issues. I had an early release from hospital and was at home by 4pm :) Getting in and out the car was easy.

I feel a bit sore (hip area), but my plan is to avoid painkillers; and use ice packs instead.  Overall this surgery been a lot easier to manage than I had imagined. I'll write more details soon  and continue to update until full recovery.

Update @ 8pm pacific time: It's been over 4 hours since I got back home. I have continued to walk unassisted (short [<2minutes], and slow walks).

I have no pain, but my side hips are a bit sore. I had expected a lot more discomfort. Perhaps it's cause I was on anesthesia during the removal surgery, but I hope that's not the case, and it's because the removal causes little to no pain generally. I guess I'll find out soon!

I got sore throat which also propagates to my left ear.  I have taken the two dozes of Pfizer, therefore I am not much concerned about covid-19, but it could be cold or flu.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 03:31:07 AM by StrydeNailChallenge »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23   Go Up