Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advices for The Femur Tibs Ratio  (Read 304 times)

a

• 5'9
Advices for The Femur Tibs Ratio
« on: August 04, 2020, 03:36:35 PM »

Hello,

Just wanted to say that I've seen a lot of comments regarding to the concern of femur to tibs ratio.
Well, if your tibias are slightly smaller than the average but you want to get a high gain, just go for femurs and use a thick shoe, it doesn't have to look awful. I have adidas ozweggos which has like 3.5-4 cm heels. and It's one of the best shoes ever. (as looking)

If your tibias are not short but after LL they will be kinda LONG, just use thin shoes like adidas stan smith. Because if you use the ozweggos then your tibs will look too tall for your body and your femurs especially.

Because i'm 173-174cms and I think my tibias are short and I need to go for the tibs. But i'll be 178cm max and I'll have to STOP using thick shoes which is highly unlikely to happen. So, i'll do 7cms on femurs and keep using heels on my shoes so my tibias will look better aesthetically.

The scenerio is If I don't want to get a second surgery and stuck with a long femur. Otherwise, my actual goal is to get 2 surgeries done. (highly unlikely to happen but still)

Best Regards
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

Hagane

Re: Advices for The Femur Tibs Ratio
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 09:57:08 PM »

i think with regards to ratios dr paley has mention many times in interview that patients will percieve their ratios to be off, but when they do xrays, their t:F ratio is exactly 0.8

so i would say dont stress until youve gotten xray measurments then plan from there

i personally think longer tibs look better

cheers
Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)
Pages: [1]   Go Up