Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Femur lenghtening of 6cm with Dr. Kohne in Munich - Questions and thoughts  (Read 1071 times)

Chad1989

• Visitor

Hello LL-Community :)

I am 174,5cm almost 5,9 in the US, but I definitely notice that I just cannot get girls who are taller than 1,73 more or less. I own a paar of "lift shoes" which make me around 180cm and with those shoes I got those girls, so it is not just imagination that as a taller guy you have advantages with the girls. Apart from the girls, I also really hate looking up to taller guys. I just feel like my "height" does not really "reflect" my character. I have managed many more problems than most people, but the height seems always like a stigma to me, even though I am not really short, I know that, but still in Western societies, I am definitely below average which really annoys me.

So my idea was to do the femur lengthening of 6 cm more or less (5,5cm) would be also alright with me. I have already had the first consultation with Dr. Kohne in Munich one month ago. He checked me completely and said that I would be a perfect candidate since I am still young (early 30ies) and everything is healthy and as it should be. Even one of my legs is 4mm longer than the other one, so this could be corrected by the leg lenghtening which would not be bad at all. Due to financing problems, I can do the operation earliest in 4 months so I still have 4 months to think about if I should do the operation or not. I read a lot about the health risks (and this is the only argument that really is of concern to me). I do a lot of sports like Beachvolleyball, Tennis, etc. and I really don´t want to mess up my body with an unnecessary beauty operation. I know every operation has its risks of course, but when I read the threads here I get quite scared about the operation. Dr. Kohne (who made an excellent and very professional impression to me) actually told me that the risks in my case (using internal Stryde) would be very low, but still I am always considering the "What if". I am having also very close contact to a patient of Dr. Kohne who had the exact same procedure and who is able to walk normally already after 3 months post-op.

One thing that is really spinning around in my head is that my femur will be longer and that through that the knee will be more torn off than necessary (knee arthrosis). Luckily my tibia/femur-ratio is really in favor for lengthening the femur since my femur is shorter than average (but still in the normal range) and with the 6 cm it would be 1 cm above the average ratio. Furthermore, I have already started to stretch my legs almost every day and already prepare for the operation. My goal is to be able to make the splits when it´s time for the operation so mentally I really am focused on getting this done successfully and I really am a "perfect patient" who is super disciplined and sticks to the rehab regime

My questions to you guys now are:
- How realistically is the knee arthrosis?
- Are there any other longterm complications I haven´t thought of?
- What other risks might there? Like I know the regular risks that the doctor tells plus I have investigated quite a lot in this forum.
- Has anybody else done LL with Dr. Kohne in Munich?

My current thinking is: One day I am sure, I will do it and another day I think that I should never risk it, but it is a very difficult situation in my case since I feel like it´s just an improvement of my life and not a necessity (like if I would be under 1.70cm).

Thank you very much for your help!

Hagane

Re: Femur lenghtening of 6cm with Dr. Kohne in Munich - Questions and thoughts
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 08:57:45 PM »

hey chad
what type of nail does dr kohne use?

your chances of knee arthosies is very low assuming your doctor takes a anterograde approach

risk for the surgery should be the same for all femur intramedullary nailing, let break them down to perioperative and post operative

perioperative
anaesthetic risk (malignant hyperthermia, anaphylaxis etc)
bleeding
infection to bone or surrounding tissues
pulmonary and fat embolism
damage to surrounding structures (nerves tendon muscle)

postoperative
nerve damage
nail breakage
nail not lengthening
muscle contractures
muscle/ligament tears

Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)

NotSoBigBadBruin

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 09:10:13 PM »

Since I’m quite new to this forum, I can’t really answer your questions (sorry!), but would you mind telling us how much Dr. Kohne charges for CLL using Stryde? There doesn’t seem to be much information about Kohne here on this forum.

Chad1989

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2020, 09:17:50 PM »

@wannabeidol:

I think those risks should be fine actually if I think about it objectively, however subjectively I have a bad feeling in my stomach :D I don´t know why. Well, I still got three months to think about it.

@NotSoBigBadBruin:
It´s 60.000€ including everything (also removal of the nails after 2 years). But you can also do 55.000€ without the removal of the nails, I think

Hagane

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2020, 10:11:45 PM »

@wannabeidol:

I think those risks should be fine actually if I think about it objectively, however subjectively I have a bad feeling in my stomach :D I don´t know why. Well, I still got three months to think about it.

@NotSoBigBadBruin:
It´s 60.000€ including everything (also removal of the nails after 2 years). But you can also do 55.000€ without the removal of the nails, I think

does dr kohne offer stryde? if you get stryde or precise you HAVE TO get those nails taken out
the issue with those nails is that they lengthen through the use of a magnet. which means you CANNOT get an mri done when you have those nails in
which is fine when you are young. however as you age problems arise and if you cant get an mri it may prevent you from getting a time sensitive diagnosis

gained  55.55mm

NotSoBigBadBruin

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2020, 10:21:46 PM »

@NotSoBigBadBruin:

Thank you very much, Chad!

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2020, 12:48:52 AM »

I just feel like my "height" does not really "reflect" my character.

And what exactly is your character? lmao

m7liam

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2020, 01:40:24 AM »

does dr kohne offer stryde? if you get stryde or precise you HAVE TO get those nails taken out
the issue with those nails is that they lengthen through the use of a magnet. which means you CANNOT get an mri done when you have those nails in
which is fine when you are young. however as you age problems arise and if you cant get an mri it may prevent you from getting a time sensitive diagnosis

I didn’t realise this. Why can’t you do an mri?

Hagane

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2020, 03:23:53 AM »

I didn’t realise this. Why can’t you do an mri?

because of the magnet inside the nail. it is what causes the nail to lengthen
gained  55.55mm

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2020, 03:38:16 AM »

If u go into mri with precice nail prepare to play human pinball
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

Hagane

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2020, 07:22:06 AM »

If u go into mri with precice nail prepare to play human pinball

the worst case would be is the mri causes the nail to lengthen
gained  55.55mm

Chad1989

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2020, 09:28:45 PM »

Ok, yes I would like to get them out either way. Don´t think it´s that healthy to have weird materials in your body

smalltaller

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2020, 05:44:15 AM »

The nails will be taken out after 1,5 to 2 years after surgery. I mean it would be strange if the nails would stay in your body.
Pages: [1]   Go Up