Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question regardig amount of femur lengthening  (Read 1908 times)

Bingy

• Visitor
Re: Question regardig amount of femur lengthening
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2020, 08:31:38 PM »

Hi Bingy,

I 100% have experienced the same as you. I was having pin site pains and i was convinced that i had an infection, but alas, after inspection by nurses and my doctor, it was no infection. After my first x-ray after i started lengthening my doctor noticed my consolidation was too fast, therefore i had to increase lengthening to 1.5mm for a couple days. The increase in lengthening really increased my pin site pain for some reason.

You should speak with your doctor. The only thing that helped my pin site pain was to stop lengthening for a day or two until it cleared up. It is truly HORRIBLE to have bad pains in your pin sites when you are doing externals on femur. I really feel your pain there my friend. My doctor said that activity should be reduced when your pin sites are doing badly.

And also, when my pin site pain got worse, my movements definitely got worse. I suppose the pain is due to microtearing in the wounds.. As long as it is not an infection it should not be dangerous, but it is REALLY frustrating. If i were you, i would really focus on letting your pin sites recover before you continue with any aggressive physio.

Good luck my friend, i was in the exact same situation as you and it got so much better after i stopped lengthening for a day or two. Are you lengthening more than 1mm per day?

Still on 1mm per day. Pinsites are feeling a bit better but still sensitive to movement. Pain meds aren't really working so I'm trying shock therapy with a Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) device.

It's crazy how much of a battle every single day is right now. I just hope it gets better and not worse. Glad to hear you're doing well though. Keep up the good work!

Kenda

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2020, 11:19:33 AM »

Still on 1mm per day. Pinsites are feeling a bit better but still sensitive to movement. Pain meds aren't really working so I'm trying shock therapy with a Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) device.

It's crazy how much of a battle every single day is right now. I just hope it gets better and not worse. Glad to hear you're doing well though. Keep up the good work!

why shock therapy??? what does it do

Bingy

• Visitor
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2020, 04:19:51 PM »

why shock therapy??? what does it do

It's an alternate method of pain relief that also stimulates muscle activity, which is useful when you're spending so much time on your back without moving your legs.

Jamesy998

« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2020, 10:10:02 AM »

Hi Bingy,

I 100% have experienced the same as you. I was having pin site pains and i was convinced that i had an infection, but alas, after inspection by nurses and my doctor, it was no infection. After my first x-ray after i started lengthening my doctor noticed my consolidation was too fast, therefore i had to increase lengthening to 1.5mm for a couple days. The increase in lengthening really increased my pin site pain for some reason.

You should speak with your doctor. The only thing that helped my pin site pain was to stop lengthening for a day or two until it cleared up. It is truly HORRIBLE to have bad pains in your pin sites when you are doing externals on femur. I really feel your pain there my friend. My doctor said that activity should be reduced when your pin sites are doing badly.

And also, when my pin site pain got worse, my movements definitely got worse. I suppose the pain is due to microtearing in the wounds.. As long as it is not an infection it should not be dangerous, but it is REALLY frustrating. If i were you, i would really focus on letting your pin sites recover before you continue with any aggressive physio.

Good luck my friend, i was in the exact same situation as you and it got so much better after i stopped lengthening for a day or two. Are you lengthening more than 1mm per day?

I just started lengthening 8 days post op right now and When I wake up its hard to even bend the knees 10 degrees but i can gradually get like 70 degrees out of it. Right knee is significantly worse than the left. Would this be normal in your opinion?
LON method | Dr. Halil Buldu | 2021
Diary | http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66007.0
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up