Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will my arm/leg proportions be ok ?  (Read 1162 times)

random

• Visitor
Will my arm/leg proportions be ok ?
« on: August 12, 2020, 11:31:36 AM »

Hi! I'd be eager to try Stryde LL in a few years on my femurs to gain maybe 8cm but I was thinking about my arm to leg ratio, so here are my current stats
- I'm 171cm tall
- 169 wingspan but my shoulders are quite narrow
- 76cm arm length (from shoulder's upper bone to end of middle finger)
- 91cm leg length (from Anterior Superior Iliac Spine to the medial malleolus)

So in the best case scenario I would have 76cm arms with 100cm legs. I know it's hard to picture but do you guys think it'll turn out good? I wouldn't want to get that t-rex vibe :/

Thank you in advance for answers!

drxboom

Re: Will my arm/leg proportions be ok ?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2020, 11:37:21 AM »

Put a photo
170cm goal 177 -178

random

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2020, 11:56:01 AM »

https://imgur.com/a/gGdnAhR
Here's my body without any modification

edit :
here's another one with just a bit more clothing: https://imgur.com/a/8i1qP3l

drxboom

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2020, 12:05:16 PM »

the shoulder is a little narrow but 8 cm, it will not look bad with clothes
170cm goal 177 -178

random

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2020, 12:09:11 PM »

the shoulder is a little narrow but 8 cm, it will not look bad with clothes

Oh is shoulder broadness criteria ? I only said that to explain that arm length was maybe more relevant than wingspan in my case haha

Tartar

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2020, 12:18:06 PM »

Your shoulders don't seem so narrow, they look normal, anyway you have a good torso and that's more important. In this forum many people talk about arm lenght but I've never met a person who likes gorilla like arms...they just need to be normal, not too short. In addition your femurs look definitely short compared to tibia so in my opinion you can go for it without problem.

random

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2020, 12:57:03 PM »

Your shoulders don't seem so narrow, they look normal, anyway you have a good torso and that's more important. In this forum many people talk about arm lenght but I've never met a person who likes gorilla like arms...they just need to be normal, not too short. In addition your femurs look definitely short compared to tibia so in my opinion you can go for it without problem.

Well thank you, that's very reassuring!  (By the way what makes for a good/bad torso?)

Tartar

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2020, 01:10:13 PM »

For good torso I mean long enough, generally it's the most important thing to evaluate to have a nice aestetic result. I think that proportions are made by many things, like torso lengh, arm lengh, shoulders, hands, bone thickness in general...you can lack some of these points, you just need to don't lack all of these and not too much. Obv some are more important but there are many factors that give naturalness to the body.

Aquahoma2

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2020, 01:18:45 PM »

Hi! I'd be eager to try Stryde LL in a few years on my femurs to gain maybe 8cm but I was thinking about my arm to leg ratio, so here are my current stats
- I'm 171cm tall
- 169 wingspan but my shoulders are quite narrow
- 76cm arm length (from shoulder's upper bone to end of middle finger)
- 91cm leg length (from Anterior Superior Iliac Spine to the medial malleolus)

So in the best case scenario I would have 76cm arms with 100cm legs. I know it's hard to picture but do you guys think it'll turn out good? I wouldn't want to get that t-rex vibe :/

Thank you in advance for answers!

What’s your sitting height?

random

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2020, 01:53:11 PM »

For good torso I mean long enough, generally it's the most important thing to evaluate to have a nice aestetic result. I think that proportions are made by many things, like torso lengh, arm lengh, shoulders, hands, bone thickness in general...you can lack some of these points, you just need to don't lack all of these and not too much. Obv some are more important but there are many factors that give naturalness to the body.

Oh ok, just checked real quick and it's about 56cm from C7 vertebrae to the top of the iliac crest, I think it's decent?
But that's true that a simple description is sometimes not enough to get a grip of the "(dis)harmony".

What’s your sitting height?

Just checked, around 85cm!

edit : here's a "mockup" I tried, it's supposed to be +8cm
https://imgur.com/a/Hcdl2Ui
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 02:42:49 PM by jonvsgon »

Aquahoma2

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2020, 02:43:00 PM »

Just checked, around 85cm!

Frankly speaking, I am afraid you might already have long legs for your torso.

random

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2020, 02:56:00 PM »

Frankly speaking, I am afraid you might already have long legs for your torso.

Ok I feel ridiculous but I measured again and it came out as 90 ? brb I'll see how to do it properly but previously I was sitting on a mattress and my hand wasn't place on the highest point of my head.

update : doing it on my own so I did multiple takes but it now most of the time comes out as 90cm :/ idk what to think

Tartar

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2020, 03:22:30 PM »

Ok I feel ridiculous but I measured again and it came out as 90 ? brb I'll see how to do it properly but previously I was sitting on a mattress and my hand wasn't place on the highest point of my head.

update : doing it on my own so I did multiple takes but it now most of the time comes out as 90cm :/ idk what to think
You can’t imagine how many times I have read this same sentence lol
Don’t worry too much, many people here claim to have long torso bla bla then when they post their photos they look differently..so remember that pics are important

Tartar

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2020, 03:27:00 PM »

In addition true inseam is definitely more accurate and easier to take (pushing quite hard a book behind your balls)

random

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2020, 04:46:03 PM »

You can’t imagine how many times I have read this same sentence lol
Don’t worry too much, many people here claim to have long torso bla bla then when they post their photos they look differently..so remember that pics are important

Yeah even when doing the mockup it didn't seem that weird to me but I thought maybe I was biased.

In addition true inseam is definitely more accurate and easier to take (pushing quite hard a book behind your balls)

Around 76cm for true inseam, does it give me any more info ?

a

• 5'9
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2020, 04:52:48 PM »

Your arms kinda look short and your tibia looks too damn long, which means  you can shoot 7 8 cms on femurs (according to this photo only)
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

random

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2020, 05:03:47 PM »

Your arms kinda look short and your tibia looks too damn long, which means  you can shoot 7 8 cms on femurs (according to this photo only)

So the arms aren't messing anything up, right?
Yeah 7-8 with stryde would be my goal, but I won't try until at least 5y, I hope Dr Giotikas will have more feedback on stryde femurs by then :D

a

• 5'9
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2020, 07:03:08 PM »

Well actually I'm 173cm tall and my wingspan is 181cm or something, first of all let me tell you that my shoulders are kind of slightly narrow, if not; they are average, they are not BROAD at all. So please don not consider that I get the wingspan by shoulders, nope.

And with 181cm wingspan, I even have doubts of going to 180cm flat, because I think my arms will look SLIGHTLY shorter than average, I don't know if it would be noticeable, probably not. But the thing I care about is when i get this done and hit the gym, get bulked up; I don't want to look like a t-rex LOL. I cannot really say anything about whether your arms are messing anything up, because it's all relative. I mean I can even probably hit 185cm with this wingspan and arms, I'll have definetely short arms but I doubt anyone would notice lel. Whatever.

Best Regards
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

random

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2020, 07:53:29 PM »

Well actually I'm 173cm tall and my wingspan is 181cm or something, first of all let me tell you that my shoulders are kind of slightly narrow, if not; they are average, they are not BROAD at all. So please don not consider that I get the wingspan by shoulders, nope.

And with 181cm wingspan, I even have doubts of going to 180cm flat, because I think my arms will look SLIGHTLY shorter than average, I don't know if it would be noticeable, probably not. But the thing I care about is when i get this done and hit the gym, get bulked up; I don't want to look like a t-rex LOL. I cannot really say anything about whether your arms are messing anything up, because it's all relative. I mean I can even probably hit 185cm with this wingspan and arms, I'll have definetely short arms but I doubt anyone would notice lel. Whatever.

Best Regards

Wow that's lucky! You're right I'm sure you'll be the only one to notice lol.
Did you ever measure your arm length the way I did? Would be great to know.
Pages: [1]   Go Up