Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Overseas ex-dancer Female 21yrs, gain 5cm advice please!  (Read 741 times)

female.taller

• Visitor
Overseas ex-dancer Female 21yrs, gain 5cm advice please!
« on: August 13, 2020, 01:53:58 AM »

Am 21 yrs and looking to add 5cm

am currently 155 and would love to be 160.
I used to be a competitive dancer to am super flexible and weigh around 54kg.
i'm mixed race (indian/russian) and am from Australia.
Am looking to do the Stryde in femurs and am very new to this all!

What are people's experiences travelling to america to get this surgery/ any recommnedations as to which dr is best for international?
Im a student myself, do you think i'd be able to go back to Australia 3 months after surgery and then return 1-2yrs later for removal?
Any increased risk for a female with stryde? I've heard some really scary things about increased risk of fat embolism

Hagane

Re: Overseas ex-dancer Female 21yrs, gain 5cm advice please!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 05:02:03 AM »

hey female.taller
where in aus are you from? i was in brisbane for the last couple years
the big question i guess first off is:whats your budget? when are you looking to get the procedure done?

there are heaps of docs in the us, typically their price range is somewhere between 75k-105k USD for the procedure, some include physio, some dont. all of these procedures obviously are cosmetic and will not be covered by any insurance.
the three most "popular" us docs on this forum are: paley, mahboubian and rozbruch. you can find their individual pricing and reviews on here. i honestly dont think you can go wrong with any of those docs.
your other options are dr lee dong hoon of korea and dr giotkas of greece.
there are many more but these are the ones that get more praise on this site.

in terms of stryde femurs 5cm is a reasonable goal. even though you are flexible, you may still need the tensor fascia release surgery.
if you were to lengthen at a rate of 1mm per day you would hit that goal within two month ( including operating time, and the couple days post op before you start your distraction) so your goal of returning to aus within 3 months is more than doable.

finally female risk factors: the big issue may be icreased risk of clotting in females( do you have any family hx of any clotting disorders? are you on birth control? do you have any past medical conditions?) a big contributor to DVT is stasis (not moving) and coagulation issues. but luckily styde allows for more weight bearing so that eliminates the stasis issue, and your doc will most likely rx you and anticoagulant such as rivaroxaban. having the procedure done on femurs in general have a "higher risk" of fat embolism. most likely you will not get one.

hopefully that will give you a little bit of an idea and answered some of your questions. there are some amazing diaries on the forum be sure to read them, i highly recommend infullstryde, movie, myevolution and thealchemist those are really good stryde femur diarys to read.( there are more but those 4 were just off the top of my head.)

best of luck on your journey
Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)

female.taller

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 09:15:48 AM »

Hi wannebeidol,

thanks so much for the reply. I'm willing to pay up to150k total USD. I was looking at mahboubian and paley but was confused as to why mahboubian is so much cheaper than the rest/ heard a few bad reviews?

I'm currently in Melbourne, the other thing I was worried about was long term physio here in australia as I know many places don't support LL, how long do you think would be required ?

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2020, 10:47:53 AM »

Hi wannebeidol,

thanks so much for the reply. I'm willing to pay up to150k total USD. I was looking at mahboubian and paley but was confused as to why mahboubian is so much cheaper than the rest/ heard a few bad reviews?

I'm currently in Melbourne, the other thing I was worried about was long term physio here in australia as I know many places don't support LL, how long do you think would be required ?

Don't try to save money. You can clearly afford paley, so go for Paley. Stay probably like 4 months minimum if you want to get to 162 or 163cm.  They force you to rehab so you'll have a very high chance to reach your goal.

And yeah you can remove the rod after 1-2 years, also don't have to go to paleys for that either, most limb deformity surgeons know how to remove it I bet there's a few in Australia.

You are very flexible so this shouldn't be a problem. Many rich Chinese girls go to Paleys in literal droves each year and they do fine. The increased risk for a female is more brittle bones than men, but if you follow everything the doctor says and don't overexert yourself you will be more than fine in Paley's hands.

Dr. Mahboubian is a fine doctor, but most internationals go to Paley. Mahboubian did have a sketchy advertising campaign back then when he hired someone on a different forum to aggressively advertise and offer discounts to people for this surgery, and he runs billboards in the highway about this surgery.

I really suggest not to save 10k or 20k and settle for Dr. M when you can afford Paley's anyways. Don't save money with your bone and life. The fact that Paley's forces you to do rehab at their facility is a good sign that the doctor wants to ensure your recovery, not just ensure your money in his hand
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

Hagane

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2020, 04:10:47 AM »

Hi wannebeidol,

mahboubians price only covers the operation, follow up appointments and xrays.
paleys price includes physio 5x a week (excluding holidays) as well as appointments and xrays

as ghkid said already if you have the budget and time for paley, then you should definetly go for him!
gained  55.55mm

Hagane

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2020, 07:50:08 PM »

oh i also wanted to link this guys post
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64295.0

its a good read
gained  55.55mm

exo

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2020, 05:52:33 PM »

what made you consider femur instead of tibia?
current height: 174cm
goal height: 180cm

father: 198cm
mother: 155cm

female.taller

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2020, 09:01:24 AM »

Hey exo,

From what i've researched femurs is safer and easier to do 5cm. With the tibia, you also have to lengthen the fibula. Additionally, as it is more peripheral, there is more opportunity for damage to the blood supply and thus greater risk of complications such as non-union etc.
The scars are also a little harder to hide :)

Open to more information though, i'm still in preliminary planning stages
Pages: [1]   Go Up