Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: wont wait for stryde  (Read 2748 times)

outlandish_

• Visitor
wont wait for stryde
« on: January 07, 2022, 10:05:28 AM »

I still want full weight bearing so i've decided after a consultation with Dr Giotikas, I will do

Tibia lengthening with TSF (smith and Nephew) and Synthes Expert nail (LATN): 37200 Euro
Femoral lengthening with X-Os  G-(Guichet) nails: 47845 Euro

because stryde won't come back til 2023 this is best option.

after 3 months of wearing externals on tibias i will change to full weight bearing internal nail

Masteryourlife

Re: wont wait for stryde
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2022, 05:04:16 PM »

Did he tell u anything about stryde release ?
Like early 2023 or something ?

If I was you I would wait because LATN are 3 surgeries overall plus the ex fix...nonetheless good luck with ur journey .

canterk

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2022, 05:20:08 PM »

As i understand LATN is 3 surgies including nail removal right?
1 initial surgery, 2 fixator removal and nailing, 3 nails removal

or i have a misunderstanding?

canterk

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2022, 05:21:18 PM »

I still want full weight bearing so i've decided after a consultation with Dr Giotikas, I will do

Tibia lengthening with TSF (smith and Nephew) and Synthes Expert nail (LATN): 37200 Euro

after 3 months of wearing externals on tibias i will change to full weight bearing internal nail

so you will do both femur and tibia or just one of the two options?
is it just me or giotikas LATN price is so expensive compared to other drs who do LON

ReadRothbard

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2022, 07:44:38 PM »

Dr. Guichet says on his site that he only charges 44k euros for the surgery, so why not go with him instead (if you're insistent upon the G Nail)? He's who I'm planning to do my femurs with.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

canterk

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2022, 08:25:39 PM »

Dr. Guichet says on his site that he only charges 44k euros for the surgery, so why not go with him instead (if you're insistent upon the G Nail)? He's who I'm planning to do my femurs with.

4k difference is not a lot though. Guichet has bad history look at what happened to unicorn and many others who filed a lawsuit against him. If I were going to do gnail i would never choose Guichet even if the nail is named after him! Although we also need to consider the argument against Giotikas is he had a Gnail patient die. BUT we dont know yet and we will never know if that was his fault or patient's fault.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2022, 09:31:56 PM »

4k difference is not a lot though. Guichet has bad history look at what happened to unicorn and many others who filed a lawsuit against him. If I were going to do gnail i would never choose Guichet even if the nail is named after him! Although we also need to consider the argument against Giotikas is he had a Gnail patient die. BUT we dont know yet and we will never know if that was his fault or patient's fault.

Guichet has a few bad cases, yes, but he's done thousands of lengthening surgeries over a span of decade; it's unfortunately expected that at least a few will have bad outcomes. However, Unicorn's case does give me some pause. As for Dr. Giotikas, I'm still not sure about him and have heard a lot of mixed things.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

lengthenme

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2022, 10:42:40 AM »

Guichet has a few bad cases, yes, but he's done thousands of lengthening surgeries over a span of decade; it's unfortunately expected that at least a few will have bad outcomes. However, Unicorn's case does give me some pause. As for Dr. Giotikas, I'm still not sure about him and have heard a lot of mixed things.

Wanted to add something , I have read somehwere in the forum that Guichet do require a certian flexibility and muscle level prior to OP and would hence ask you to engage in a pre op program to attain his requirments while Giotikas does not have this required ?
correct me if I am wrong ?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2022, 01:26:39 PM »

A lot of people avoid Guichet for that reason.

outlandish_

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2022, 01:41:05 PM »

He said early 2023 or might not come back at a

Masteryourlife

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2022, 02:26:14 PM »

He said early 2023 or might not come back at a
"Early 2023 or won't come back at all" is not an answear from him .
What does it mean ? Lol
Nothing ! Its not an info !

I'm worried because on C4L channel debiparshad and dr.Janet Conway both said it will probably not come back .
I feel like we are overestimating Nuvasive because they are not putting the right effort on this nail .
It's a big company and they did 0 to test nails before and now they just don't give any updates since more then a year .
My hopes are on Synoste Nitinail

silverlining

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2022, 05:16:38 PM »

They meant Stryde may never come back. It'll be a whole different weight bearing nail with different name

ReadRothbard

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2022, 07:47:26 PM »

Wanted to add something , I have read somehwere in the forum that Guichet do require a certian flexibility and muscle level prior to OP and would hence ask you to engage in a pre op program to attain his requirments while Giotikas does not have this required ?
correct me if I am wrong ?

This is true, but I think it's a good idea: you should get your lower body as strong and flexible as you can before LL surgery to support recovery. I'm considering doing bodyweight squats during the distraction period.

Future space tycoon

Sorcerer

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2022, 08:44:37 AM »

They meant Stryde may never come back. It'll be a whole different weight bearing nail with different name
No!!! My Paley's Option 5!!! God let me realize my dream!

cyborg1989

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2022, 12:29:51 PM »

Precice is not a bad option as long as they have hydrotherapy or/and alter G anti-gravity treadmill. You also can walk with walker during the lengthening.
No pain no gain

canterk

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2022, 03:31:09 PM »

honestly i think giotikas price for LATN at 37.200 euro is very expensive for something with frames. i am searching for a latn or lon doctor that doesnt deal with middlemen like AFA for around 25k.

LL2022

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2022, 07:23:46 AM »

honestly i think giotikas price for LATN at 37.200 euro is very expensive for something with frames. i am searching for a latn or lon doctor that doesnt deal with middlemen like AFA for around 25k.

For this reason, I'm also leaning towards AFA...
Currently 168,5 cm - Goal -> 4,5 cm - 5 cm Tibias in Turkey
Pages: [1]   Go Up