Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Femurs stryde with Giotikas (July 2020)  (Read 24449 times)

BelowTheMean

Re: Femurs stryde with Giotikas (July 2020)
« Reply #155 on: December 05, 2020, 07:08:55 AM »

Thanks so you paid for a small van or something to bring you over to the PT place with your crutches/cane/wheelchair each PT session?

With Stryde I'd be surprised if you needed that many mobility tools. You'll likely be able to use a walker by your first PT session.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

Arcon

« Reply #156 on: December 05, 2020, 07:47:35 AM »

With Stryde I'd be surprised if you needed that many mobility tools. You'll likely be able to use a walker by your first PT session.

Even a walker is a bit much. In Athens they only use crutches; wheelchair for longer distances only.

SpeedDialer

« Reply #157 on: December 07, 2020, 05:19:26 AM »

Thanks, what did you think was the hardest part/most likely to get lost or delayed when going from the airport to finding Giotikas's office?

infinity&beyond

« Reply #158 on: December 11, 2020, 03:06:01 AM »

You’ve got such a YOLO attitude. It stands out on this forum where every1 is so tepid.
1. What the scars like? Very curious particularly since you have quite fair skin. Could post a photo?
2. how’d you lengthen under your friends eyes in the London segment? How does that work? What were your excuses to family and friends. I’m sure they will notice you 8cm taller.
3. Any mental health implications you fear down the line? It’s quite a fkin frankenstein-ish thing to do. Do u think it’ll damage your deep rooted self image?

m7liam

« Reply #159 on: December 13, 2020, 08:20:26 AM »

m7liam

« Reply #160 on: December 13, 2020, 08:35:11 AM »

You’ve got such a YOLO attitude. It stands out on this forum where every1 is so tepid.
1. What the scars like? Very curious particularly since you have quite fair skin. Could post a photo?
2. how’d you lengthen under your friends eyes in the London segment? How does that work? What were your excuses to family and friends. I’m sure they will notice you 8cm taller.
3. Any mental health implications you fear down the line? It’s quite a fkin frankenstein-ish thing to do. Do u think it’ll damage your deep rooted self image?

1. Posted. As you can see not great, but not my main focus right now as not noticeable in day-to-day. Main focus is to walk normally again

2. I've told every single person that I met. Pretty much all of them were happy for me and a lot that were on the shorter side (especially the ones who used to be taller than me) questioned me to the point I suspected they wanted to do it as well.

To be honest, I have found it a little strange that people here want to hide it from their friends because to me (and based on the responses I got), there was nothing embarrassing about it.

To me, the much bigger embarrassment would be to sit my whole life dissatisfied with myself when there is something that I know I can do to fix that issue.

The people who didn't know me well complimented me for doing something so drastic, while the people who knew my personality type already knew that I was the type to chase after something if I want it.

The exception to this is my parents who I haven't told because they are worrywarts and they don't live in the same country as me. I'll tell them in person next time I see them.

3. No, on the contrary, it's actually really improved my self-esteem. To give you an example, I saw a friend last weekend who I hadn't seen since pre-surgery. I was now taller than him. He recognised it at once (first thing he said was "are you wearing stilts") and then was in shock all night. He kept explaining how shocked he was to another guy who used to be my old height. Looking at the other guy, I remember just thinking "Damn, he is short. Is this how I looked before?"

Most importantly, I never have to worry about a girl being taller than me, whereas previously there was maybe ~10-20% of girls who were my height or taller. I can't explain the relief I get out of that.

SpeedDialer

« Reply #161 on: December 13, 2020, 11:59:06 PM »

Thanks. What are some things you wish you knew about Athens and what to bring with you?

ekulsrednas

• Visitor
« Reply #162 on: December 14, 2020, 04:41:56 AM »

you said the wide legs problem got better after distraction, is that completely back to normal now? what did you do in particular to fix that issue in particular, like was it hard physio or did it just resolve naturally? thanks

infinity&beyond

« Reply #163 on: December 14, 2020, 04:43:29 AM »

Well said. Totally makes sense.

Are those scars you see in the photo the only ones? Or are there others?

Can’t believe you told your friends. Honest question: if I want to get 5cm femur lengthening do you think I could fly to another country, do it all and return to my life (however many months later) without it being noticeable? For some reason this point about LL bothers me. I want close to 0 chan of any one picking up on it. Do you think it would be possible? Bare in mind I only want 5cm

m7liam

« Reply #164 on: December 14, 2020, 09:01:44 AM »

you said the wide legs problem got better after distraction, is that completely back to normal now? what did you do in particular to fix that issue in particular, like was it hard physio or did it just resolve naturally? thanks

Yes. I don’t have wide legs anymore. But my gaits not back to normal yet. Still waddling.

I didn’t really do much on the wide legs, think it was just natural.

m7liam

« Reply #165 on: December 14, 2020, 09:03:01 AM »

Thanks. What are some things you wish you knew about Athens and what to bring with you?

Not really anything to bring but I found Athens very boring as a city. You have to really like history. The food on the Ubereats equivalents also really sucked. I basically ate kebabs breakfast lunch dinner for 2 months cos I’m not a cooker.

m7liam

« Reply #166 on: December 14, 2020, 09:05:21 AM »

Well said. Totally makes sense.

Are those scars you see in the photo the only ones? Or are there others?

Can’t believe you told your friends. Honest question: if I want to get 5cm femur lengthening do you think I could fly to another country, do it all and return to my life (however many months later) without it being noticeable? For some reason this point about LL bothers me. I want close to 0 chan of any one picking up on it. Do you think it would be possible? Bare in mind I only want 5cm

These scars are the only ones on one leg. I’ve got the same scars on the other leg.

I think it is possible for most people. Most of my friends in London when they first saw me just kept commenting that I looked thinner (before I told them). Keep in mind though I hadn’t seen them in 3 years.

The exception are close friends who were about your height. They will probably notice it. Might be able to use shoes as an excuse.

infinity&beyond

« Reply #167 on: December 14, 2020, 02:58:29 PM »

i see my father every day who is my same height. just wondering if i can squeak in 5cm without him noticing.

how much did it cost you all up? surgery, airfare, accommodation, etc? how much cheaper is it than paley for taking the risk of going to Greece?

infinity&beyond

« Reply #168 on: December 14, 2020, 03:04:16 PM »

if you had the time and money would you ever have considered splitting the amount you lengthened up between femurs and tibias, half half? might have been better for proportions if you were really seeking aesthetic perfection. plus if its split between two its harder to pick up on, 3 cm on each and you probably look exactly the same.

infinity&beyond

« Reply #169 on: December 14, 2020, 03:06:55 PM »

do you personally know of anyone who got it done apart from the people you met at the clinic? apparently its more popular than people think and in actuality, celebrities, politicians, models and half your co workers probably have it.

m7liam

« Reply #170 on: December 14, 2020, 05:35:55 PM »

if you had the time and money would you ever have considered splitting the amount you lengthened up between femurs and tibias, half half? might have been better for proportions if you were really seeking aesthetic perfection. plus if its split between two its harder to pick up on, 3 cm on each and you probably look exactly the same.

The main cost was the surgery itself which was ~45k euros from memory. The rest would have added a few $k on top. I didn’t count costs too much but Athens is not expensive.

I doubt you would be able to shift 5cm past your dad who sees you everyday. I definitely think my dad would notice. It’s only easier to notice for someone your height.

No I wouldn’t. I think my proportions look fine, I’m not too picky, and I was probably more about the risks of complications with two surgeries than getting it 100% right proportionally. Everyone I’ve met who has commented on my proportions say they look great.

m7liam

« Reply #171 on: December 14, 2020, 05:37:10 PM »

do you personally know of anyone who got it done apart from the people you met at the clinic? apparently its more popular than people think and in actuality, celebrities, politicians, models and half your co workers probably have it.

No, I don’t. Most people I told didn’t know of the surgery or had very outdated notions of it

SpeedDialer

« Reply #172 on: December 15, 2020, 10:51:04 PM »

Thanks for making this diary, m7liam!

1. If you were allergic to nuts, sesame seeds, shrimp/crab/lobster, peanuts, what are some common foods in Greece to watch out for?

2. What are some other foods to consider buying common in Greece that are cheap, nutritious, taste good and are easy for someone who has trouble walking/standing to prepare?

Thank you in advance

Tokito_Ohma

« Reply #173 on: December 17, 2020, 02:43:34 PM »

Hey bro, your diary is amazing! The way you pushed through the whole distraction phase is nothing short of INSPIRING!
I myself plan to do 6.5cm femurs around this time next year and I wanted to know how I can prepare physically:

*stretches that would be useful if trained now?
*I heard weighted squats are bad as too much muscle around the  quads and hamstring are bad?? Slim runner's legs is more optimal?
*Any other physical preparations?

infinity&beyond

« Reply #174 on: December 24, 2020, 05:26:25 AM »

Is it true that scarring from internal tibias is worse?

infinity&beyond

« Reply #175 on: December 27, 2020, 04:27:19 PM »

It would mean a lot if you reply to this
Hypothetical question: Assume you wanted 3cm femur and 3cm tibia (quad lengthening). Just take it as fact for now, ignoring whether it’s a good idea or not. You were fully motivated on getting this done, just as you have done with your actual lengthening which has just taken place, and plotted out the best path to achieve this in the shortest time possible. By my count from your diary, you would’ve stopped lengthening femur at day 37 or so (when you hit 3cm mark). Now with the benefit of hindsight, based on your general recollection and if you were to approach the hypothetical with as much motivation and efficiency as you have done with your actual procedure, do you think you could have, at this 37 day mark (once lengthening of your femur hypothetically concluded), gone in for the second (tibia) surgery and commenced the 3cm of lengthening on your tibias. If not, how long would you have waited and why?

Very curious to hear how you would have approached this as your motivation to get things done and over with from start to finish, and the general efficiency with which you approached this, is something I want to emulate. I need to have my procedure (the hypothetical which I’ve posed to you) over and done with, and be as close to back to normal as possible, within 6 months. Though it might sound ridiculous I’m hoping it’s possible given the minimal lengthening and the motivation which I have to get it done and over with (similar to yours actually).

infinity&beyond

« Reply #176 on: December 27, 2020, 04:47:25 PM »

Knowing the state you’re in now, a month and a half after finishing lengthening, perhaps you would chose to do tibias now? How do you feel about that? Bear in mind that you would have technically been done with lengthening for 4 months by now having stopped femurs at just 3cm (end of August) in accordance with our hypothetical so you would’ve had an extra 2.5 months to recover.

That aside though, curious to hear when you personally think is the soonest you could’ve gone in for the second surgery if you had stopped at just 3cm. Whilst still staying on track with the efficient recovery and return to normal which you’ve been aiming for.

infinity&beyond

« Reply #177 on: December 27, 2020, 04:59:21 PM »

I feel bad that you have to sift through all of that writing so I’ll just summarise my question here in case you can’t be bothered to read all of that.

If had instead decided to quadrilaterally lengthen 6 cm, 3 on femurs and 3 on tibs, how would you have gone about it if:
  • You commenced at the same time (first OP July 15)
  • You approached it all with the same level of motivation and commitment to getting it done and over with and returning to normal as soon as possible

What would have been the most efficient way to go about this that you would have been comfortable with?

BelowTheMean

« Reply #178 on: December 27, 2020, 05:28:35 PM »

I feel bad that you have to sift through all of that writing so I’ll just summarise my question here in case you can’t be bothered to read all of that.

If had instead decided to quadrilaterally lengthen 6 cm, 3 on femurs and 3 on tibs, how would you have gone about it if:
  • You commenced at the same time (first OP July 15)
  • You approached it all with the same level of motivation and commitment to getting it done and over with and returning to normal as soon as possible

What would have been the most efficient way to go about this that you would have been comfortable with?

I don't want to hijack m7liam's journal, but the first 3cm of Stryde femurs are probably the easiest. However, doing any surgery is still going to be tough, and I can't imagine hitting 3cm and stopping, and then wanting to do an additional tibia surgery when you could just go 3 more cm on femurs. I can't imagine any scenario where it would be worth the cost, time, and most importantly the extra suffering to do two surgeries for 6cm. One lengthener I know is worth over $100M and he only did one segment. I will also note that I'm at 3.7cm right now and I don't feel any taller, so you might want to consider the actual effect of the additional height before you decide on a lengthening amount. I also don't feel like my tibia:femur ratio is disproportionate at all yet.
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

las vegas baby

« Reply #179 on: December 27, 2020, 07:54:16 PM »

One lengthener I know is worth over $100M and he only did one segment.

did he go with dr D? thats ultra reassuring that a) dr D is a world class doc and b) the procedure itself is reasonably safe

Ive been trying to find normal successful people irl who got this done and this stuff reassures me.

infinity&beyond

« Reply #180 on: December 27, 2020, 09:55:51 PM »

While I appreciate your input, I’d still appreciate a response from m7liam as to the original question.

BelowTheMean

« Reply #181 on: December 27, 2020, 10:25:07 PM »

did he go with dr D? thats ultra reassuring that a) dr D is a world class doc and b) the procedure itself is reasonably safe

Ive been trying to find normal successful people irl who got this done and this stuff reassures me.

He did it with Paley years ago, before Stryde was available.
I remember seeing one of the lengtheners in one of Dr. D's media videos driving a Lamborghini Urus lol.

SpeedDialer

« Reply #182 on: December 28, 2020, 12:16:30 AM »

Thanks for making this diary!

a. If you were flying from D.C. to get to Athens, Greece, probably with an intermediate stop in between, how many days total would you budget for the consultation including which to leave D.C. and how much time to leave just in case your flight gets delayed?

b. What are the most uncomfortable things about sitting at a desk and using a computer when you are doing LL?

infinity&beyond

« Reply #183 on: January 02, 2021, 12:46:51 AM »

Wonder how he’s going 🧐

infinity&beyond

« Reply #184 on: January 04, 2021, 07:20:33 AM »

As mentioned thnks for yr diary. Love the brevity, no fluff here.

Regarding this vid do you have a pre-LL walking vid to compare this to? Not sure if just me, or perhaps u had skinny legs before, but it looks like the 4cm has transformed u lol. Would love some perspective by way of an old walking video if u have one.

infinity&beyond

« Reply #185 on: January 04, 2021, 07:22:51 AM »

Sorry just to confirm this is the video I was referring to

Hi all, as promised - video attached. The video is me today (about 47 days after surgery and 4.0cm in). To be honest, my gait hasn't changed much since day 30 because I've been slacking off and working on my wide legs.

Note that I haven't done as much stretching as I should because I have been working a full-time job during this period. I also flew to London 1.5 weeks ago and haven't yet found a PT (any recommendations?)

Also - at the end, I show my wide legs - first, my "normal" wide legs, and then the effort I need to push my legs together. Also I tried to show my duckass by bringing my legs together but it doesn't appear too noticeable at this stage.

Any feedback on what I can do to improve gait/wide legs is welcomed.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up