Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: What is the reason you are short  (Read 4897 times)

YungGud

Re: What is the reason you are short
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2021, 10:38:36 AM »

Thats so sad and crazy have a 12 years old brother who is taller than you by that much...I can understand if he was 14 or years old but 12 and 182..Just mad
That easily can make you insecured
Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)

Bjoern77

« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2021, 11:57:05 AM »

My father is 184 cm
My mother is 162 cm

I am 175cm... bad luck... hmmm.

I was a late bloomer, entered puberty late.

I had a broken arm as a kid (when I was 5)

My upbringing was "complicated"... lots of stress, divorce etc.

Body Builder

« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2021, 12:30:32 PM »

My father is 184 cm
My mother is 162 cm

Bad luck that you ended up in more than the middle of your parents heights?
Rigt dude, you should have been 1.90 at least but your broken arm stunted your growth

Many weirdos in this forum nowadays.

Bjoern77

« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2021, 12:51:39 PM »

Bad luck that you ended up in more than the middle of your parents heights?
Rigt dude, you should have been 1.90 at least but your broken arm stunted your growth
Yes, because most sons reach higher values... at least in middle Europe. For most sons it's the middle of both parents + 8 cm on top. It's sad that I didn't reach 1,80m.

One of my best friends... his father was 1,72m and his mother was 1,70m... he is 1,86m... that's luck  ;) ;D

Bjoern77

« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2021, 12:52:06 PM »

Many weirdos in this forum nowadays.
Are you counting yourself in?  ;D

Tartar

« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2021, 01:36:56 PM »

Most of people tends to prefer to feel deprived of something instead of think about bad genes. Unfortunately genes are weird and the predicted height is just a probability.

Body Builder

« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2021, 01:46:26 PM »

Yes, because most sons reach higher values... at least in middle Europe. For most sons it's the middle of both parents + 8 cm on top. It's sad that I didn't reach 1,80m.

One of my best friends... his father was 1,72m and his mother was 1,70m... he is 1,86m... that's luck  ;) ;D
If anyone was taller than his father then the human race would have had an average close to infinity.
You are lucky to be 1.75 but you are a weirdo to believe that you should have been taller than your 1.80 dad, although your mom is 1.62 because you can't accept the truth.

No, most sons don't become taller than their fathers but are about the average of their parents. That happened to me, that happened to jaden Smith who is 1.70 with a father more than 1.85 etc.
But some crying sissies like you can't accept the truth and feel unlucky because they haven't become the ideal height they have on their minds and even think that breaking their arm stunted their growth.

So everyone can understand who is the weirdo and the crazy one but unfortunately the forum is full of crybabies like you who blame anything for their height except from their genes.
And you are not even short! So either accept your height, which is completely normal considering your parents heights or do LL if you don't like it or go somewhere else to cry.

Bjoern77

« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2021, 02:01:20 PM »

If anyone was taller than his father then the human race would have had an average close to infinity.
You are lucky to be 1.75 but you are a weirdo to believe that you should have been taller than your 1.80 dad, although your mom is 1.62 because you can't accept the truth.

No, most sons don't become taller than their fathers but are about the average of their parents. That happened to me, that happened to jaden Smith who is 1.70 with a father more than 1.85 etc.
But some crying sissies like you can't accept the truth and feel unlucky because they haven't become the ideal height they have on their minds and even think that breaking their arm stunted their growth.

So everyone can understand who is the weirdo and the crazy one but unfortunately the forum is full of crybabies like you who blame anything for their height except from their genes.
And you are not even short! So either accept your height, which is completely normal considering your parents heights or do LL if you don't like it or go somewhere else to cry.

You are having some unresolved issues, bro... Don't take it out on me! ;)

Body Builder

« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2021, 03:45:49 PM »

You are having some unresolved issues, bro... Don't take it out on me! ;)
I had some issues with my height that I fixed almost 10 years before.
For sure my problem wasn't than I ended up "only" 1.75 from an 1.62 mother nor that I stunted my growth because I broke my arm when I was 5 yo and that kind of bs you wrote.

Bjoern77

« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2021, 04:35:37 PM »

I had some issues with my height that I fixed almost 10 years before.
For sure my problem wasn't than I ended up "only" 1.75 from an 1.62 mother nor that I stunted my growth because I broke my arm when I was 5 yo and that kind of bs you wrote.

Why is it bull ? ;)

Where I live average male height at my age is 1,84m...

RealLostSoul

« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2021, 08:14:56 PM »

This is solely a cope thread. Height is genetics. End of story. Maybe some who say they had kidney failure/chemotherapy or similar stuff as a child have a legit reason to suggest they had bad growth. People who say I smoked with 17 so I only grew 2 more cm instead of 10 or I never did much sport or I slept less don‘t get the reality of it. No, you did not stunt your growth, you inherited unfortunate genes.

Bantem

« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2021, 05:08:51 PM »

This is solely a cope thread. Height is genetics. End of story. Maybe some who say they had kidney failure/chemotherapy or similar stuff as a child have a legit reason to suggest they had bad growth. People who say I smoked with 17 so I only grew 2 more cm instead of 10 or I never did much sport or I slept less don‘t get the reality of it. No, you did not stunt your growth, you inherited unfortunate genes.
You are completely ignoring the environmental factors. Why are the kids of immigrants on average taller then the people back in their home countries? This is the environmental factor, mainly diet.

Tartar

« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2021, 06:26:08 PM »

More than 50 years ago diet was very different and fish/meat could be not so often available for many people overall and many chronic diseases were not always well treated, but the situation totally changed many decades ago, there's no reason to think that a person currently 20-30yrs old is short due to malnutrition unless he's from a so poor and wretched country/region that he wouldn't even be here to write about how can be bad feeling short.

Bantem

« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2021, 04:23:47 AM »

More than 50 years ago diet was very different and fish/meat could be not so often available for many people overall and many chronic diseases were not always well treated, but the situation totally changed many decades ago, there's no reason to think that a person currently 20-30yrs old is short due to malnutrition unless he's from a so poor and wretched country/region that he wouldn't even be here to write about how can be bad feeling short.
Data speaks for itself: https://voxeu.org/article/child-height-and-living-standards-indian-migrants-england

Serilium

« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2021, 04:34:05 AM »

I agree with Tartar but only in regards to already rich countries like USA and some European countries

India and China has grown significantly in the past 30 years so they would probably have a 30 year old person today that was indeed stunted in height. Especially China back then. They really took alot of people out of poverty and into the middle class, a ridiculous amount actually it's great. China has turned from nearly third world to second world in like 40 years (super fast) and in the coming 50 years will be first world. Now India is going to have the same effects in the coming 5-10 years and beyond too.

tldr; For an american who was raised there and wasn't abused- TarTar is right, it's likely not diet. SPhantom is absolutely right for most of the developing world though like India, China, etc, it probably is diet which correlates with wealth of country and stuff.

Bantem

« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2021, 04:49:43 AM »

I agree with Tartar but only in regards to already rich countries like USA and some European countries

India and China has grown significantly in the past 30 years so they would probably have a 30 year old person today that was indeed stunted in height. Especially China back then. They really took alot of people out of poverty and into the middle class, a ridiculous amount actually it's great. China has turned from nearly third world to second world in like 40 years (super fast) and in the coming 50 years will be first world. Now India is going to have the same effects in the coming 5-10 years and beyond too.

tldr; For an american who was raised there and wasn't abused- TarTar is right, it's likely not diet. SPhantom is absolutely right for most of the developing world though like India, China, etc, it probably is diet which correlates with wealth of country and stuff.
China was able to do it because of the amount of American companies manufacturing products there, bringing in a ton of jobs not to mention later having their IP stolen by Chinese companies. India isn't in the same boat as they make it very difficult to do business. Vietnam is a more likely candidate.

Serilium

« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2021, 05:03:00 AM »

Right, my bad sorry

Bjoern77

« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2021, 11:37:55 AM »

China will enslave us all. Yellow cancer.

berezoni

« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2021, 12:41:15 PM »

My daughter is very short (4'7) due to precocious puberty and genetics. I am 5'3 ,my husband is 5'6 .My older daughter from previous marriage is 5'5. My younger daughter is only 12 years old.I read that more and more kids experience precocious puberty and their growth plates clothes very early.I have learned that nobody cares ...People act like it is not a big deal.My stepson told me that his wife is also very short. Guess how tall is his wife? 5'1 ...Normal height for a woman. I have so many regrets as a parent ...I wish I would detect it earlier when hormone therapy was a possible choice.

Canon

« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2021, 08:58:38 PM »

My father is 184 cm
My mother is 162 cm

My parents got exactly the same height but I got 183/84 and my older brother 182.

Tubert

• Visitor
« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2021, 01:14:13 PM »

I presume from short parents. My dad is 5'6, my mom is 5'2, and I'm 5'7.5. Grandma is 5', grandpa is 5'7... and I never got to meet the other two.
My brother grew to 5'9 but he was always much chubbier than me. I'd eat just as much but always was very skinny.
I also had a lot of childhood stress when my mom had a stroke when I was 9 or so, and my dad couldn't manage handling a family. He was always stressed out and offloaded it unto me for emotionally walling myself away from my family. As an early teenager I was sleeping 6-7 hours a night but felt very sleep deprived and slept through a majority of my classes at school. Pretty sure most of my classmates and teachers thought I was on drugs. I never got bullied, but I also never had great friends or adults intervening to help me. I never aspired to be taller as a teenager - I didn't know what heights were considered tall, short, or even what my own height was. Just didn't care about myself back then.

Body Builder

« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2021, 01:48:15 PM »

My parents got exactly the same height but I got 183/84 and my older brother 182.
You were lucky.
The normal heght for you with that parents would have been about 1.75.

-

« Reply #84 on: August 10, 2021, 11:09:21 PM »

You were lucky.

Or that he didn't fk up during his growing years like some of us did.

10cmOnTibiaOrGTFO

« Reply #85 on: August 10, 2021, 11:36:29 PM »

You were lucky.

thats not how it works. if there was one ancestor that was tall you might have just gotten a portion of his genetics and therefore grown over 180. as a short man you can get a lot of attention if you dress well and look good. its simple. but if you re a fuk boi u will be treated like one.

Worzezterlire

« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2021, 10:50:32 PM »

Height is so variable no matter what parent heights are.  The genes behind male pattern baldness for example are so complex that while a lot of it is describable by looking at your mother’s father’s hair, that’s only part of the picture and there are tons of ancient mutations that when combined in the right way will create baldness.

Height is a much harder to predict aspect because it involves genes around growth plate closure, hgh levels, when the growth spurt actually takes place, how much the torso grows (since it grows longer), limb length genetics, etc.  A 185cm father and a 162cm mother can expect their sons to be about 182cm… this is based on studies that have been condensed down into orthopedic calculators and estimates.  But realistically that son, without disorders, could range from 170cm to 195cm based upon that crazy combination of genes working either for or against your height potential.  You start getting a slightly better idea of how tall you’d be if you look back three generations on each side, but even then that doesn’t explain a lot.

You didn’t stunt your growth as a kid unless you were severely malnourished to the point that in the world today largely only exists wide-scale in sub Saharan Africa, and even those countries have made large improvements to youth nourishment and hence have gotten a lot taller than they were under colonial powers.  Even places like India today have the vast majority of their population at their genetic height potential.

So unless you live in a Cameroonian shanty town… and unless you chainsmoked a lot as a kid, drank lead paint or heavily contaminated water, or had major illnesses like cancer or pituitary gland problems… you didn’t stunt your growth.  There’s no point in blaming yourself for something that was out of your control.   ???  I guess if you want to have tall kids after surgery then make sure to marry women who are tall, even then no guarantees.

-

« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2021, 02:44:25 AM »

You didn’t stunt your growth as a kid unless you were severely malnourished to the point that in the world today largely only exists wide-scale in sub Saharan Africa, and even those countries have made large improvements to youth nourishment and hence have gotten a lot taller than they were under colonial powers.  Even places like India today have the vast majority of their population at their genetic height potential.

So unless you live in a Cameroonian shanty town… and unless you chainsmoked a lot as a kid, drank lead paint or heavily contaminated water, or had major illnesses like cancer or pituitary gland problems… you didn’t stunt your growth.  There’s no point in blaming yourself for something that was out of your control.   ???  I guess if you want to have tall kids after surgery then make sure to marry women who are tall, even then no guarantees.

I've seen this kind of talk very often here. Keep in mind that most of us don't want to admit that we fuked up in the past so it's easier to just draw such conclusion.

The truth is no one knows how much our environment and well-being affected our final heights.

This guy sums up perfectly:

The best thing and the most logical thing to do would be actively trying to monitor and maximize our height when we had the chance. And not spending too much energy and losing sleep over unnecessary things that actually can wait later in life. Of course we didn't know any better back then, most of us would just hope to magically end up tall.

Sorcerer

« Reply #88 on: August 22, 2021, 02:55:05 AM »

I think some maybe haven't common biological educations so that will quarrel about genetics and nutritions are more crucial to height.Just divert ur time from playing PC games and watching Jav jerking off to consoling pediatricians and orthopedists about this dumb question.
I can only tell ya every scientific paper will prove u genetics are the most crucial to height.Let's finish this topic.

Sorcerer

« Reply #89 on: August 22, 2021, 02:58:28 AM »

I've seen this kind of talk very often here. Keep in mind that most of us don't want to admit that we fuked up in the past so it's easier to just draw such conclusion.

The truth is no one knows how much our environment and well-being affected our final heights.

This guy sums up perfectly:

The best thing and the most logical thing to do would be actively trying to monitor and maximize our height when we had the chance. And not spending too much energy and losing sleep over unnecessary things that actually can wait later in life. Of course we didn't know any better back then, most of us would just hope to magically end up tall.
That's why we can see some dumbasses can codswallop if it weren't for masturbations,picky about food,no exericses they could've grown 185cm or 190cm tall cuz their genes permit LOL.

« Reply #90 on: August 22, 2021, 11:09:49 AM »

Not enough beans.

-

« Reply #91 on: August 22, 2021, 02:05:00 PM »

That's why we can see some dumbasses can codswallop if it weren't for masturbations,picky about food,no exericses they could've grown 185cm or 190cm tall cuz their genes permit LOL.

Yeah it doesn't necessarily have to be 185cm-190cm. Even 3-5cm stunted would be a legitimate stunted.

Sorcerer

« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2021, 12:02:42 AM »

You are completely ignoring the environmental factors. Why are the kids of immigrants on average taller then the people back in their home countries? This is the environmental factor, mainly diet.
You should get aware of away countries' diets and if u immigrate from European countries into middle Africa then it's ridiculous to imagine kids will mature to strong and tall build.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up