Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Cartilage regrowing and microfractures  (Read 3046 times)

Antoine

Cartilage regrowing and microfractures
« on: August 18, 2020, 03:41:13 PM »

Could this be a step forward in increasing the height of an adult?

http://med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2020/08/Researchers-find-method-to-regrow-cartilage-in-the-joints.html

Maybe someone should contact dr. Matthew Murphy.

ZUCC420

Re: Cartilage regrowing and microfractures
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2020, 11:43:00 PM »

Could this be a step forward in increasing the height of an adult?

http://med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2020/08/Researchers-find-method-to-regrow-cartilage-in-the-joints.html

Maybe someone should contact dr. Matthew Murphy.

Now I'm starting to believe it'll take less than 5 years to reopen growth plates and commercialize such a procedure for everyone.
Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods. And the one man that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool. - Plato

A man can do what he wants, but not want what he wants. - Arthur Schopenhauer

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2020, 12:38:44 AM »

Now I'm starting to believe it'll take less than 5 years to reopen growth plates and commercialize such a procedure for everyone.

Hi man, you seem to be a smart man and I read somewhere that you're holding off on LL because you believe in new tech coming-out very soon? Can you elaborate your reasoning it's very interesting and I want to be convinced. Thanks
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2020, 11:04:29 AM »

Hi man, you seem to be a smart man and I read somewhere that you're holding off on LL because you believe in new tech coming-out very soon? Can you elaborate your reasoning it's very interesting and I want to be convinced. Thanks

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9352.0

ZUCC420

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2020, 02:13:20 PM »

Nah I'm very much ignorant when it comes to the biology of such matters (but I'm studying meanwhile as a hobbyist), the only smart guy here that has convinced me was Extremis the guy's post that Bruce Wayne linked. Reading about new breakthroughs in stemcells and bones has gotten my hopes up recently that it might be only be a matter of time (<5 years) before they figure out how to reopen growth-plates and make dwarfs growup to be 6 ft.
Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods. And the one man that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool. - Plato

Antoine

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2020, 03:29:39 PM »

I’m glad you appreciated, Bruce. I have hope for the future too.
However, about the present, I was wondering if this discovery could lead immediately to a new technique by which bone is lengthened slowly but safely through microfractures.
As I stated in another post, this molecule seems very promising to me, since it can lengthen bones without serious side effects: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/335759824_Indirubin-3'-oxime_stimulates_chondrocyte_maturation_and_longitudinal_bone_growth_via_activation_of_the_Wntb-catenin_pathway. If someone finds the way to make it effective also for adults, we made it.

ZUCC420

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2020, 06:08:42 PM »

I’m glad you appreciated, Bruce. I have hope for the future too.
However, about the present, I was wondering if this discovery could lead immediately to a new technique by which bone is lengthened slowly but safely through microfractures.
As I stated in another post, this molecule seems very promising to me, since it can lengthen bones without serious side effects: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/335759824_Indirubin-3'-oxime_stimulates_chondrocyte_maturation_and_longitudinal_bone_growth_via_activation_of_the_Wntb-catenin_pathway. If someone finds the way to make it effective also for adults, we made it.

I can't comment on the viability since I'm a noob, but if it does actualize and subsequently commercialized then the initial price's might be double the current ilizarovesque CLL. Let's start saving from now on, I've currently saved 80k by living a minimalist lifestyle and planning to save upto 200k.

F_99

• Height Communist
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2020, 07:34:21 PM »

Better to be super expensive than painful, risky, and disgusting. So yeah, let's hope that they do something.
Looking for an alternative.

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2020, 07:56:21 PM »

Limb Lengthening is never a cure to short stature.

Even if you take the cost out of the equation, the trade-offs are just too much.

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2020, 11:40:44 PM »

Antoine

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2020, 01:23:16 AM »

Well done, Bruce!
Cristopher Vaughan says openly that increasing height might be possible.
What we must do now is funding a research that has only this aim. What do you suggest? A crowdfunding campaign? Funding research is our duty and our golden opportunity.

F_99

• Height Communist

Antoine

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2020, 03:01:50 PM »

F_99

• Height Communist
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2020, 06:00:10 PM »

Yes, it is a different one. New solutions to the height problem shouldn’t be so unreachable.

Somehow we should inform those guys that there's a huge market for it.

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2020, 07:58:04 PM »

Well done, Bruce!
Cristopher Vaughan says openly that increasing height might be possible.
What we must do now is funding a research that has only this aim. What do you suggest? A crowdfunding campaign? Funding research is our duty and our golden opportunity.

I think we need someone who understands this kind of thing well to guide us, like the poster @extremis but he's gone or the guys from NaturalHeightGrowth.com.

ZUCC420

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2020, 08:02:35 PM »

I think we need someone who understands this kind of thing well to guide us, like the poster @extremis but he's gone or the guys from NaturalHeightGrowth.com.

One of them is a fraudster that espouses crank science like LJS or whatever he used to grow taller. LJS works on mice not men.

F_99

• Height Communist
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2020, 08:29:23 PM »

One of them is a fraudster that espouses crank science like LJS or whatever he used to grow taller. LJS works on mice not men.

I wonder if ankle weights for hours/day for 1-2 years could help with LSJL.

ZUCC420

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2020, 12:25:55 AM »

There isn't anything there that suggests that a pulling force for some period of time will make you grow any taller whatsoever, if you want to grow half an inch then doing yoga and other spinal decompression exercises will help rather than ankle weights or other LJS type devices. LJS only works on mice because apparently their cartilages are susceptible to such manipulation because of the way their formed, it's vastly different compared to humans'.

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2020, 02:48:24 AM »

Yeah, I read that one too. I'm also not doing LSJL, since there is lack of evidence.

This person seems to be gaining more with ankle weights:

http://www.naturalheightgrowth.com/2014/04/11/person-increased-height-0-75-inches-using-ankle-weights-inversion-tables/

I probably won't be doing LSJL but might start with ankle weights routine soon. You don't have to wear them all the time, just sit with them for 30 min.-1 hour.

F_99

• Height Communist
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2020, 08:57:18 AM »

There isn't anything there that suggests that a pulling force for some period of time will make you grow any taller whatsoever

Bone is organic and continuously remodeled that's why I haven't ruled out ankle weights yet.

Ronman

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2021, 09:05:11 PM »

Nah I'm very much ignorant when it comes to the biology of such matters (but I'm studying meanwhile as a hobbyist), the only smart guy here that has convinced me was Extremis the guy's post that Bruce Wayne linked. Reading about new breakthroughs in stemcells and bones has gotten my hopes up recently that it might be only be a matter of time (<5 years) before they figure out how to reopen growth-plates and make dwarfs growup to be 6 ft.

God I hope so.

Bjoern77

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2021, 01:42:35 PM »

More like 50 years...

berezoni

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2021, 04:49:41 PM »

More like 50 years...

Not true !!! Watch this video to the end ! It is all about money ,not time ! The more money poured into the research the faster it will be!

Bjoern77

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2021, 11:34:22 AM »

Not true !!! Watch this video to the end ! It is all about money ,not time ! The more money poured into the research the faster it will be!
It's also about time. Median development time for FDA approved meds and procedures = 12 years...

Stem Cell therapies will take even longer due to novelty and cancer concerns...

berezoni

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2021, 12:45:40 PM »

yes ,I wish I could magically speed it up! But , remember there are always clinical trials and other countries like Russia with less strict regulations.I believe they are extremely close. Read this article below. It is mind-blowing.

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2018-10/sm-ssc102218.php

Bjoern77

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2021, 02:13:45 PM »

yes ,I wish I could magically speed it up! But , remember there are always clinical trials and other countries like Russia with less strict regulations.I believe they are extremely close. Read this article below. It is mind-blowing.

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2018-10/sm-ssc102218.php
Some guys over at looksmaxx forums are experimenting with some black market chemicals that presumably could "reopen" growth plates and make you grow (one of those chemicals that I remember is MK 677 or something)...

Maybe we should join in ^^

Ak95

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2021, 02:38:54 PM »

This pills does Not work

Bjoern77

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2021, 02:58:49 PM »

This pills does Not work
That's a shame, but also an interesting question: Would it be theoretically possible to "reactivate" growth plates with chemicals?

Ak95

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2021, 02:59:52 PM »

Maybe in the Future. But for now leg lengthening is the only way i think

Serilium

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2021, 07:11:06 PM »

Some guys over at looksmaxx forums are experimenting with some black market chemicals that presumably could "reopen" growth plates and make you grow (one of those chemicals that I remember is MK 677 or something)...

Maybe we should join in ^^

Please do not mention that incel forum

Bjoern77

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2021, 09:15:37 PM »

Please do not mention that incel forum
which one? There are three of them...  ;D
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up