Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: i wish i didn't do cll???  (Read 1023 times)

drxboom

i wish i didn't do cll???
« on: August 20, 2020, 02:54:19 PM »

nyone regret doing cll right now? who said that he would have done if I did not do cll
170cm goal 177 -178

ZUCC420

Re: i wish i didn't do cll???
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 03:07:12 PM »

Having the prospect of arthritis and potentially decreased quality of life at an old age seems regretful to me.
Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods. And the one man that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool. - Plato

A man can do what he wants, but not want what he wants. - Arthur Schopenhauer

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2020, 03:44:51 PM »

12 years after the surgery, our Mod noticed more tightness in his legs only in his late 30s: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64544.0

God helps him 12 years from now.

drxboom

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 04:58:07 PM »

Having the prospect of arthritis and potentially decreased quality of life at an old age seems regretful to me.

have you had surgery Still worth being tall if it's just going to get arthritis
170cm goal 177 -178

drxboom

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2020, 05:04:14 PM »

12 years after the surgery, our Mod noticed more tightness in his legs only in his late 30s: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64544.0

God helps him 12 years from now.

I think it's worth it except ballerina foot, nonunion tendon nerve damage, infection
170cm goal 177 -178

F_99

• Height Communist
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2020, 05:15:48 PM »

It's 2020.

I just can't understand why researchers don't push for a non invasive alternative, since there's a HUGE market for it ($$$$).

Like, I am pretty sure the net amount of $ spent on CLL + deformidties worldwide is more than BILLION $ / year. Make a less invasive alternative, and you'll get double that. 

What a world we live in.
Looking for an alternative.

BetzLandLiberator

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2020, 05:20:38 PM »

I spent 8 months in Germany during my LL and met almost every single Betz patient that went there, either for surgery or coming back for corrections. I never met one that regretted having the surgery, even the ones with bad complications.
Usually people only go for LL when their short height is REALLY screwing their lives, so they are happy even with the usual complications.

But that was back in 2012. Now that Stryde makes a little bit easier to have LL, I think we will start seeing more people regret LL, as they realize that "feeling short at 175-180cm" is way different than actually facing heightism at "below 165cm" and LL didn't really improve their lives that much in comparison to the risks.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2020, 05:24:53 PM »

It's 2020.

I just can't understand why researchers don't push for a non invasive alternative, since there's a HUGE market for it ($$$$).

Like, I am pretty sure the net amount of $ spent on CLL + deformidties worldwide is more than BILLION $ / year. Make a less invasive alternative, and you'll earn double that. 

What a world we live in.

It's too hard, that's the problem.  I love science fiction, but the old classics in the genre are getting depressing to read.  Right now I'm reading a book from the early 90s which takes place around present day with a character from my generation.  Sad to read some of the stuff the author expected us to maybe have by now.  :(

F_99

• Height Communist
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2020, 05:29:58 PM »

It's too hard, that's the problem.  I love science fiction, but the old classics in the genre are getting depressing to read.  Right now I'm reading a book from the early 90s which takes place around present day with a character from my generation.  Sad to read some of the stuff the author expected us to maybe have by now.  :(

So you think nothing will change this decade?

Btw, you reading Kurzweil's book?
Looking for an alternative.

a

• 5'9
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2020, 05:30:47 PM »

I spent 8 months in Germany during my LL and met almost every single Betz patient that went there, either for surgery or coming back for corrections. I never met one that regretted having the surgery, even the ones with bad complications.
Usually people only go for LL when their short height is REALLY screwing their lives, so they are happy even with the usual complications.

But that was back in 2012. Now that Stryde makes a little bit easier to have LL, I think we will start seeing more people regret LL, as they realize that "feeling short at 175-180cm" is way different than actually facing heightism at "below 165cm" and LL didn't really improve their lives that much in comparison to the risks.

Yes you are sort of right. But I'm someone who has never been discriminated or anything in my entire life. I have always been the alpha male in my group etc.

I'm a kid, barely even at the legal age. I've been in a relationship for 2 years. She is still too jealous about me getting along with all the women. Noone literally gives a crap 'bout my height. So I'm not aware how heigtism really affects the individuals.

Why I'm saying these stuff? Because I still give a crap about my height since I don't think my physique looks aesthetical. I have a good taste of fashion and I cannot pull outfits off due to my heighr. If I were like 185 cm which I can still reach with 2 surgeries, I'd not cancel my meet ups with people, old friends etc. Even though nobody has commented negatively about my height, I still am a perfectionist and I don't like myself for a bit physically. I love my face. All I need is just 5 more inches. That's it.

So what I'm saying is, even at the average height; you can improve your life 20x after CLL. You won't have to wear thick shoes. You will love the person you see at the mirror. I guess there are rare exceptions like me who are average but has never been negative commented.

Of course there are tons of average people who think they can't get laid just because of their height, I'm not going to mention them because it's literally so lame. I know, being tall and ugly is 20x better than being a short one. But still, it ain't gonna do much for them. So if you are already at a point where you think you are more than good as appereance, you can be perfect with LL aesthetically. That's why I want it so bad.
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

drxboom

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2020, 06:00:31 PM »

when they say you are right. If the man is 165 and below the procedure is definitely worth the risk.
Depends on 170 -175 people.
I am 170-171 tall and wear a tall high sole or elevator, but I will still take risks for this. As said, the year 2020 height is perhaps the most important thing for men, but progress in the field of Cll is still bad. Most of the default things are invalid in the 90s for the 2000s
170cm goal 177 -178

BetzLandLiberator

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2020, 06:17:10 PM »

So what I'm saying is, even at the average height; you can improve your life 20x after CLL. You won't have to wear thick shoes. You will love the person you see at the mirror. I guess there are rare exceptions like me who are average but has never been negative commented.
That's why I want it so bad.

I don't think you got my point. More height is always beneficial for men, there is no doubt. There is plenty of research about that. Women are more attracted to you, it's easier to get in leadership positions, etc...

My point is that when you are really short and you face actual heightism, you tend to downplay how hard LL is and any complications. That's why I never met someone that regretted in Germany. Even the non-short patients had serious height neurosis (which is different than heightmism, no matter what Paley says). So everyone was happy, even with serious complication, because the extra height was LIFE CHANGING.

Look at my case: 165cm to 174,5cm. I seriously feel like I only became an adult after my LL. It was really life changing.

But If your life is great right now - like yours seems to be - you will be CRUSHED if you have a serious complication, have to take one or two years to recover, only to realize that it wasn't life changing at all.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 07:01:53 PM by BetzLandLiberator »

norway

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2020, 07:27:15 PM »

I don't think you got my point. More height is always beneficial for men, there is no doubt. There is plenty of research about that. Women are more attracted to you, it's easier to get in leadership positions, etc...

My point is that when you are really short and you face actual heightism, you tend to downplay how hard LL is and any complications. That's why I never met someone that regretted in Germany. Even the non-short patients had serious height neurosis (which is different than heightmism, no matter what Paley says). So everyone was happy, even with serious complication, because the extra height was LIFE CHANGING.

Look at my case: 165cm to 174,5cm. I seriously feel like I only became an adult after my LL. It was really life changing.

But If your life is great right now - like yours seems to be - you will be CRUSHED if you have a serious complication, have to take one or two years to recover, only to realize that it wasn't life changing at all.

Do you keep LL to yourself? I have no idea how one does 10cm from 165 and integrates back into normal life when everyone can notice the change. Do people perceive you the same after they find out you did this? Did you tell your girlfriend you had it done? Are you concerned everyone you know could eventually find out?

BetzLandLiberator

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2020, 08:01:36 PM »

Do you keep LL to yourself? I have no idea how one does 10cm from 165 and integrates back into normal life when everyone can notice the change. Do people perceive you the same after they find out you did this? Did you tell your girlfriend you had it done? Are you concerned everyone you know could eventually find out?

I only told my family. Some of my friends noticed that I was taller but the majority didn't as I was away from my country for years.
I left my country in my middle 20's to study abroad and I had LL before I went back. So I think most people assumed I had a late growth spurt.But you'd be surprised by how some people REALLY didn't notice. I had a former girlfriend of my old height (165cm). When she saw me again taller she was shocked...because she thought I was MUCH STRONGER AND MUSCULAR, not that I was taller...lol I think women connect tall to strong.

Keep in mind that most people don't know that LL is possible. So if they see you again after some years taller, they will just assume their memory is playing tricks on them. A friend literally told me "I could swear you were shorter. My memory is horrible.".

Of course that won't work if you just disappear for three months then come back 10cm taller.

t

drxboom

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2020, 08:11:04 PM »

Are your scars noticeable? I think 7- 8 cm will not be noticeable with normal shoes as most people here wear elevators.
170cm goal 177 -178

BetzLandLiberator

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2020, 08:26:20 PM »

Are your scars noticeable? I think 7- 8 cm will not be noticeable with normal shoes as most people here wear elevators.

No, they are almost invisible and very tiny. Betz does very few cuts during surgery, to the point that no male patients worries about the scars (women patients always do, though).

norway

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2020, 08:37:02 PM »

I only told my family. Some of my friends noticed that I was taller but the majority didn't as I was away from my country for years.
I left my country in my middle 20's to study abroad and I had LL before I went back. So I think most people assumed I had a late growth spurt.But you'd be surprised by how some people REALLY didn't notice. I had a former girlfriend of my old height (165cm). When she saw me again taller she was shocked...because she thought I was MUCH STRONGER AND MUSCULAR, not that I was taller...lol I think women connect tall to strong.

Keep in mind that most people don't know that LL is possible. So if they see you again after some years taller, they will just assume their memory is playing tricks on them. A friend literally told me "I could swear you were shorter. My memory is horrible.".

Of course that won't work if you just disappear for three months then come back 10cm taller.

t

yes this worked out well for you, coming back home after many years.

Don't you feel obligated to tell the person you marry if you plan to? This is major surgery after all.

a

• 5'9
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2020, 08:40:42 PM »

Hey, BLL

Do you still feel tightness on your legs, or are you pretty much fully recovered? What about your bio-mechanics? Does running make you feel weird? Can you even run at full speed?

edit: I'm sorry, I don't know about your journey but I guess you got the procedure a long time ago. But my questions are still valid.
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

Megaman(blueboy)

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2020, 09:51:13 PM »

I really feel 10cm will be life changing but im not sure my proportions and sitting height will allow it. What do you his think? 10 cm ?

BetzLandLiberator

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2020, 10:53:46 PM »

yes this worked out well for you, coming back home after many years.

Don't you feel obligated to tell the person you marry if you plan to? This is major surgery after all.

Not really. Genetically speaking I was supposed to be taller according to my doctors. At least 180cm (my brother is around 186cm). I was shorter because I had a heart problem when I was kid and that stunted my growth. It also explains why I always had the torso and broad shoulders of something around my current height (174,5cm) not from my original height (165cm).

For me LL was never about getting something extra, but about correcting something that I was supposed to have in the first place.
Genetically, my kids will be fine.

BetzLandLiberator

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2020, 11:17:35 PM »

My legs are great, I have soccer player thighs now.
I can run full speed but I was never into running or any explosive sport before LL, so I can't really compare.
I was heavy into weight lifting and Yoga. This I can compare. I can say that:

1) For weightlifting I actually became stronger, not sure why.
2) It's WAY harder to do Squats than before (femur too long now).
3) Deadlifts are easier (not sure why).
4) My flexibility was way above average before LL. I could put my feet behind my back with Denim pants. Now it's ok. I can still touch my toes and the ground easily.

But again, it took me some years to recover. LL is not a walking in the park.
Pages: [1]   Go Up