Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Stryde Femur Procedure with Dr. Debiparshad  (Read 4090 times)

Amanexp

Stryde Femur Procedure with Dr. Debiparshad
« on: August 26, 2020, 07:54:50 AM »

Hello All!

I’m finally chasing my dreams after a decade of trying new things to overcome my height dysphoria.

Thank you for all the diaries I’ve read and watched them all. Movie your videos are awesome and made me even more confident in doing this.

I would really like to text and chat with people that have gone through this when times are tough or if I have any questions and advice I won’t bug I promise :)

I’m 32 years old, and about 5’8.5” or so (I’ve always thought I was a little taller then that until I pulled out the tape measure) lol

I’m going to do my best and shoot for the full 8cm’s

I’m a little on the heavy side probably about 200 pounds of some muscle and fat lol. I’ve been on and off with the gym for years now, but haven’t gone for about 4 months or so and been slacking using the excuse of the pandemic.

Anyways I live in SoCal and was going to go with Dr. M but the lack of communication and service I ended up going with Dr. Debiparshad. (I’m not really going to get into it, they’re both great doctors)

I’m happy with my choice and everyone seems great and friendly. I have done a lot of research about Dr. D and I’m fully confident in him.

My surgery is this Friday August 28 2020! I’m super excited and nervous at the same time.

I haven’t stretched much I’ve just tried to loosen up my leg muscles, my upper strength is great since it was arm day and chest day every day at the gym lol

I contemplated back and forth on writing a diary, but figured why not even if it helps the one person out I’m happy.

I’ve been praying and working hard for this, so I’m all in!! I’m a pretty tough guy and my pain tolerance is pretty good so I’m going to do my best to get through it, even though it will probably kick my ass.

This is pretty much kept as a secret from everyone other then my family, mom, dad brother and sister.

I have been wearing shoe lifts for at least 6-7 years and I hate them so they’re all getting burned when I get back! I’ve always had blisters because of them.

Anyways wish me luck I’m going to need it!

Sunshine

Re: Stryde Femur Procedure with Dr. Debiparshad
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 08:10:01 AM »

Hey Amanexp,
Good luck in your journey! You finally chased your long time dream! I hope your surgery this Friday will go smooth and safe.

Movie

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 08:18:12 AM »

Thanks for the shout out I'm glad I could serve of some inspiration, best of luck !
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

Amanexp

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2020, 08:25:32 AM »

Sunshine and Movie - thanks guys I really appreciate the kind words! I can’t wait till it’s over!

football_not_soccer

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2020, 09:05:44 AM »

good luck ahead amanexp. it will be smooth. just make sure to keep yourself busy and push yourself.

I wait for the day debiparshad gets this done himself lol he is shorter (5'7) than many of his patients  ;D

a

• 5'9
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2020, 09:29:41 AM »

We are kinda at the same height. I recommend you to do 7cms, this should be your goal; if your body adapts well, rush for the last cm. Just stay at the 180cm mark or pass it by 1 cm. I hope the best for you.
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

Amanexp

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2020, 05:05:15 PM »

Football - thanks man I appreciate it, I’ll do my best! Lol I know right?

A - thanks bro, yeah I’m going to see how confident I feel at 7cm if I’m ok then I’ll push for that extra cm and if not I’ll just stop there.

MichaelJose

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2020, 06:11:39 PM »

Good luck buddy - all the best!

Amanexp

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2020, 06:37:55 PM »

Michael - thanks bro!

I’m not even going to lie the nerves are starting to kick in, but god got my back! (Sorry for anyone that not religious)

Im a pretty adventurous guy and like to do crazy things but this is prob the craziest haha.

Also has anyone tried CBD during this process to help with the pain?

Amanexp

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2020, 07:56:27 PM »

Alright guys so had a consultation with Dr.D today.

The staff and crew are awesome! Ron is super cool. I got measure and I’m a little over 5’9 which is great!

We’re ready to go for tomorrow, I‘m super excited and just ready to be done!

I hope you all are safe and doing well

Amanexp

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2020, 10:02:14 PM »

Just got done with the surgery! We finally did it! lol

Dr. D was amazing. Ronnie and Teresa are beautiful they show you they care and check up on you.

Pain right now while I’m on the bed is probably a 3 maybe nothing bad. I’m waiting on PT to come so they can help me walk.

I’ll keep you guys updated

BelowTheMean

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2020, 10:53:28 PM »

Congrats on getting the surgery done. Looking forward to the updates.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

Amanexp

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2020, 12:18:55 AM »

I’m doing great thank god, and all the nurses are so nice. Ive been walking the whole lobby and now I’m starting to feel soreness so I’ll take it a little easy.

PT had me bend my knees up while standing, also doing side lunges and squats. I did pretty good but I think I would of done much better if I had took a pain pill.

I’m able to lift my legs while in bed, I’m able to bend my knees in bed and I can pick up my legs and act like I’m riding a bike.

So far so good, I don’t ask for pain meds since my pain is bearable i’d say a 4ish.. I took a pain pill at 4am and I’m due for a perc at 7:15. I walked my self to the toilet and sat on the commode but nothing came out.

Im hanging in there. I will be released tomorrow so I’ll try to update when I can

Amanexp

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2020, 06:55:05 PM »

Hey guys and gals! Please excuse my spelling, grammar etc. I’m on a morphine pill right now lol

It’s been 5 days post op. I came to realize most of the pain meds that’s been prescribed to me doesn’t really work on me, so I’ve been in PAIN ever since I stopped getting injected with Toradol.

First day in my hotel I was doing great stretching and walking totally fine since I still Taradol in my system.
By 9pm I started getting sleepy, and the taradol started phasing out and pain came rushing in. I took a Morphine and hydro, the pain didn’t move down much. Finally I went to sleep with all the pain, but when I woke up... oh man oh man, pain level was probably at a 9-10. It would hurt even if I took a breath, and now when I tried move my feet it felt like they were about 500 pounds each and I they were burning, I felt like I was tearing something inside.

I ended up getting a shot of Taradol and my pain went back down again, but that was a one time thing I’m not allowed to take Anymore Taradol.

I was feeling great after Taradol to the point me and my mom ended up going to Cheesecake Factory and we had to wait outside for about 10 mins so I took a little beating there, and when it was time to get seated they literally gave me the furthest table available. I kinda got upset but at this point I just ignored and went and got seated.

I had a PT appointment right after cheesecake, and again toradol started phasing away and pain came rushing in. I barely made it back to the car, and we went right to PT. I couldn’t barely move but I did everything he asked I did it no problem. It wasn’t long maybe 20 minutes.

Last night/ this morning was rough, my outer thighs were in so much pain and was swollen, I honestly felt like the implant was going to stick out of thighs. I called PT and cancelled, so today I’ve just been resting, I’m feeling a little better now. I’m going to take it easy, I’m not going to act like super man lol.

I can take my hands off the walker and stand unguided for easy 1 minute. I’m hoping Things get better soon!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 09:18:19 PM by Amanexp »

BelowTheMean

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2020, 03:37:56 AM »

Sorry to hear you’ve been in so much pain. I don’t think painkillers work well on me either so it’s one of my fears with this procedure as well. Did you have to go to a clinic to get the shot? Over the last few days do you feel like it’s absolutely necessary to have a helper as well? Best of luck with the next few days, hopefully you can get past the post-op pain soon!
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

Amanexp

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2020, 03:53:03 AM »

Yes I would definitely recommend hiring a helper or a family member with you. This pain could get pretty bad if these pain meds don’t work on you. When they hit me with taradol it’s a different story, I could easy take a few steps unaided, and my walk is so much better and faster. The day after surgery I walked the hospital floor with no problems. PT even had me doing squats and side lunges and I nailed it no problem, but once the taradol fades away then everything goes down hill, all my pain comes back because the pain meds I was prescribed don’t phase me what so ever. I’m a pretty tough guy and I can handle pain pretty well, but this is PAINFUL especially in the morning, I hope I can find a pain med that will work on me. It’s tough right now

brondo

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2020, 02:20:06 PM »

Hey Amanexp,

Hope you're doing okay. I'm new to the limb lengthening forum and this is my first time hearing about pain medications not working. I was wondering if this was a common thing? Did you talk to Dr. Debiparshad about this? Are they trying to get you a variety of pain medications to see what sticks? Hope you feel better and hang in there.

-brondo

Amanexp

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2020, 03:20:31 PM »

Yes I’ve been telling them the pain meds are not working, and I know this because when I take taradol all my pain goes away and I feel 100% better, so I know what these pain meds are not working right for me.

Amanexp

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2020, 08:05:12 PM »

Spoke to the office and they said they will give me a stronger dose for the pain. I went to PT and all he had me do was 4 stretches that I already had on a paper I was giving from Limbplastx, oh well.

So today was super weird for me, I went to bathroom to take a #2 and all that came out was blood!?!

I’m shocked I don’t know what’s going on, I texted a tech in the office to see what he says. I’m not going to say I Regret this because I don’t regret everything I do, but would I recommend it? Honest no I would not. Maybe if my pain meds worked for me I would probably recommend it but I don’t know.

I’m praying this just goes by and things start getting better :(

Movie

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2020, 08:27:06 PM »

What pain meds would that be? Tylenol 500mg?
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

brondo

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2020, 08:34:05 PM »

Don't give up hope. Trust the process and try to contact your doctor and tell him everything that happened. Best of luck to you.

Amanexp

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2020, 09:32:40 PM »

Hydrocodone 10-325 mg
Morphine Sulfer 15mg
Cyclobenzapri 10mg

BetzLandLiberator

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2020, 10:39:41 PM »

Hi Amanexp. Sorry about your pain. I hope you will get better soon. You have to ask your doctor for a different painkiller. You should keep trying different ones until you find one that really relieves your pain. That's what I had to do during my LL journey.

During my first LL I had an absurd amount of pain just like Amanexp is having. Tramadol and Novalgin didn't work for me. The pain only improved when Betz prescribed me low-dose Valoron (Tiledin), a opioid that is commonly used in Germany. I had to take this daily for 8 months (4 months after the lengthening phase) to deal with the pain. It was night and day in comparison to Tramadol and Novalgin.

The painkiller issue is one of the reasons I'm hesitant in having my second LL in the US, even though we have some of the best doctors here. In the USA Valoron is illegal and they ration opiods for the patients.
So if you're unlucky to be a patient with more than normal pain during your LL you will probably suffer more.

Amanexp

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2020, 11:20:41 PM »

Yes my pain stays at about a 8 sometimes shoots up to a 10 and I’m a tough guy I can handle pain, but this pain is something else! He said he was going to up the dose on morphine which I think won’t do anything but I’ll give it a try.

The only pain med that worked for me Taradol :(

Body Builder

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2020, 12:57:54 AM »

Pain usually is much the first few days (2-5) after surgery but you are in pain for more than that.
That doesn't seem normal to me.
Also, it is stupid to do heavy PT while you are in pain. I really wonder what your doctor say about the pain and the PT. I really believe you should stop it till your pain become bearable.
And if that doesn't happen in the next few days, you should have a good talk with your doctor.

At what rate are you lengthening right now? A full mm ?

Stay strong.

brondo

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2020, 01:29:14 AM »

Did you tell the doctor to give you more Taradol or is that not allowed? Hang in there Amanexp.

Amanexp

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2020, 01:31:35 AM »

Alright guys so I texted Ronnie and told him about my issues, and this guy is amazing, after all day at work he came to me and checked up on me. He truly loves what he does and is so helpful. He got me another prescription and I’m taking it to the pharmacy tomorrow to get a higher dose.

He checked my incisions and I walked and he gave me tips on what to do and what not to do.
I already feel better.

Tomorrow I will go to the pharmacy and god willing that helps more.

Btw Taradol is a no-no it interferes With the bone growing back

brondo

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2020, 03:52:27 AM »

That's great! Good to know that Dr. Debiparshad's office cares about you.

Amanexp

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2020, 12:35:45 PM »

Yes they’re amazing people Dr. D, Ronnie and Teresa are wonderful. The others are great as well but I don’t remember their names. This procedure is no joke if the pain medicine doesn’t really hit you like it’s supposed to but I know at the end of all this it will be worth everything!
I got a PM asking if I would recommend Dr. D and the crew, my answer is, if you really want to do this procedure I would 100% recommend Dr. D and the crew with no hesitation.   

Amanexp

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2020, 04:03:24 PM »

I took about 10 unaided baby steps, felt so good to actually walk again lol.

Today is my 10th day and I will be 7mm taller by the end of today. Time is passing by.

My legs start to get really tight and pain shoots up to about a 7 when I do the distraction.

When did you guys start sitting on the regular toilet seat instead of the commode?

Also did you guys go to crutches then cane, Or walker straight to cane, Or walker until you could walk unaided?

readyprecisestryde

« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2020, 04:43:27 PM »

I used the commode during the distraction phase. I did not have a handicapped room and used it mostly for safety purposes. I transitioned from a walker to a cane.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up