Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is the absolute safest way to do CLL?  (Read 1097 times)

brondo

What is the absolute safest way to do CLL?
« on: August 27, 2020, 08:14:55 PM »

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and I've been new to the world of limb lengthening for about a few weeks now. I am 5'6'' and I want to be at least around 5'8''. However, I want to be able to keep my athleticism (I have started MMA, I don't want to compete but I still want to defend myself.) After lurking this forum a bit and watching some videos by Cyborg4Life, I have come to the conclusion that doing 5cm (approximately 2 inches) maximum with the Stryde nail would be the best bet for lengthening and getting back to normal with full athleticism under Doctor Paley. With proper Physical Therapy and hard work, would I be able to come back to 100%? I am very interested in limb lengthening. My height has caused be over a decade of mental anguish and I am ready for a change. But I am scared about risking my health long term such as arthritis and knee pain when I get older. I want to be able to run marathons and squat about 400 pounds like I currently do. Is this too much to ask or is this a possibility. What is the safest way to approach Cosmetic Limb Lengthening surgery? Does anyone have any experience with using the Stryde nail and only going 5cm that they can share? What is the most "back to athletic form" that you have seen with someone who has done CLL?

Thank you,
-Brondo

kingjesse

Re: What is the absolute safest way to do CLL?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 10:39:22 PM »

From my experience 5cm is very safe, i haven't done the procedure but I have a fair amount of knowledge. Alot of docs say 5 cm is safest you should be able to go back to athletics and that is what i am likely going for if i proceed etc. some people do 8cm. check 'Movie' diary he did 8cm he is performing well athletically jus check him out see what you think. you could even do 6cm but i think you're safe at 5cm. one thing is your bio-mechanics change, not sure how much that will affect performance. At the end of the day the less you lengthen the safer you are.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 11:05:00 PM »

5cm femur stryde if 5cm is all you want
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

brondo

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2020, 12:35:29 AM »

Yeah I'm thinking 5cm femur stryde is the best way to go. Is there a specific way to prep for this like stretching, building muscle, etc. to maximize the performance, recovery time, and to avoid compilations? What is the ideal leg to operate on for the doctors? A flexible leg, a leg with a lot of muscle to work with, etc?

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2020, 01:49:51 AM »

Stretch alot alot, don't build too much muscle on thighs. Alot of.muscle is bad for surgeon but more importantly for you post op. Will result in pain increase. Stretch alot. It don't matter too much how flexible for the surgery surgeon can do it either way, but flexibility for post op is crucial. So stretch before surgery so u are more flexible and to get urself into a routine of stretching. Another prep is maintaining ideal.vitamin d and calcium levels.so take supplements pre-op. Some people say don't take supplements for bone immediately post op to avoid preconsolidation, ask.doctor. will probably avoid for a week since many doctors don't extend the rod the first week. 5cm with stryde will be simple but still difficult so be aware that it is still a journey. U will be glad u aimed for 5cm tho instead of 7 or 8.  Stretch alot.

While lengthening the nail you want to stand as much as you can, and stretch. It is scientifically and anecdotally proven that standing and bearing weight against gravity onto your bones increase the bone regeneration rate, sometimes by insane amounts compared to normal. People who don't stand alot are risking non union, aka gap in bone. This is bad. Stand when u can. Obviously sometimes post op standing can be hard, but try best. Stand and stretch and u will be fine, aka weightbearing

Weightbear and stretch and you will be 5'8. Will b long journey but I beliebe in u can do it

User requested self-ban.

anaverageperson

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2020, 06:20:40 PM »

How old are you? I think if you are going for 5cm in your 20s and work hard with PT you have a good chance of being back 100% in 2 years or so. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself  :)
Goal: +3.75cm tibias + 3.75cm femurs with STRYDE

F_99

• Height Communist
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2020, 06:52:26 PM »

How old are you? I think if you are going for 5cm in your 20s and work hard with PT you have a good chance of being back 100% in 2 years or so. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself  :)

Why you think that?
Looking for an alternative.

brondo

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2020, 09:14:10 PM »

I am 30 years old. I don't currently have the funds yet and I am trying to learn all I can about this procedure so I can make the right decision for myself. I am also trying to get in shape and have my flexibility set so when the time comes I'll be ready. Right now I'm out of shape and my legs are tight from not stretching and sitting too much.

anaverageperson

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2020, 09:22:19 PM »

Why you think that?

Just based on stuff from cyborg 4 life and what I've read from here. Not saying that 20s is the cutoff, but being younger definitely helps.

I am 30 years old. I don't currently have the funds yet and I am trying to learn all I can about this procedure so I can make the right decision for myself. I am also trying to get in shape and have my flexibility set so when the time comes I'll be ready. Right now I'm out of shape and my legs are tight from not stretching and sitting too much.

Not bad at all. But yeah, definitely get the fitness and flexibility before going into it I'd say.

Quad lengthening in late 30s (3.75 cm each): http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5352.0, here's an excerpt from his experience:

Yes it does. Especially when stalkers create fake profiles with very similar usernames and post completely bogus made up shiet and there's nothing you can do about that.

Look closely at that fake post. The username is "OverrideYouGenetics". No "R".

Click that username. No posts since 2015 until that one. I'm honored to be so targeted, though I have no idea what I did to deserve that. If I pissed someone off, I'm sorry.

Needless to say, that post is completely fabricated.

The reason I didn't give a shiet was that I have better things to do with my time and new life than dive in the negativity and laziness exhibited on this forum. However, someone who booked a consult with me pointed out that fake post, so here I am. I didn't run away with any PT, and you wouldn't catch me dead at a Java meetup. I also did not become gay. That one was pretty funny.

However, I'm going to keep my contributions on this forum at a minimum, and link to articles I'll still share for free on my website. The latest two are an update about the rods removal surgery, and a list of items to have ready for the recovery period.

Not strongly, especially at your age, and especially now that Covid is making remote work the norm. Just don't stand in front of the webcam during conferences :)

On a more serious note, I'm writing a post on how to decide if you should have this surgery. The general idea is that I recommend maximally improving your life in other areas first (e.g. study charisma and leadership and sales in your case), and only when you're reasonably sure that height is the only thing holding you back from a quantum leap in success, have the surgery. There might be an exception to this - if you're very young (under 25) and very motivated, because you can achieve an excellent recovery and have plenty of time to really enjoy the difference height makes in that age group.

Goal: +3.75cm tibias + 3.75cm femurs with STRYDE

OverSixFeetTall

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2020, 11:49:04 PM »

Just continue your current workouts, stretches, and cardio

Make sure you sleep, nutrition is solid

So when the time comes to CLL, your athletic habits of nutrition, stretching, and PT exercise

I’d recommend talking to reputable doctors like Paley and etc in regards to intensive sports, and how their patients recovered

And also check out journals here who have gone through CLL and who recovered, and went back to the intensive sports they enjoy

Be extremely patient in the recovery process

But bottom line, if you want a higher chance of going back to intensive sports, you better get the most reputable CLL surgeon, quality over everything for long term recovery.
My Current Height: 5'9
My Goal Height: 6'0
Lengthen: Femurs

readyprecisestryde

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2020, 04:13:02 AM »

Build your glute muscles if you are doing femurs. I lost those muscles immediately after the surgery. Stretch and do yoga prior to the surgery.

farfan21

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2020, 04:11:56 AM »

there is always a risk to CLL

while it is uncommon, fat embolism can happen and can cause respiratory problems and very rarely death.

I did 8 cm femurs and unfortunately had fat embolism. In terms of mobility, the more cm you do the harder it is to rehabilitate and walk. While i havent been 1 year post distraction yet, i know it will take months to get normal gait back. But many ppl are different

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2020, 04:29:44 AM »

there is always a risk to CLL

while it is uncommon, fat embolism can happen and can cause respiratory problems and very rarely death.

I did 8 cm femurs and unfortunately had fat embolism. In terms of mobility, the more cm you do the harder it is to rehabilitate and walk. While i havent been 1 year post distraction yet, i know it will take months to get normal gait back. But many ppl are different

Which doctor and let us know your story. Very sorry you had this fat emboli.

By the way how much cm u distracted brother. And how's ur recovery, and how much months post op sir

User requested self-ban.

brondo

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2020, 05:10:32 AM »

I was wondering if the risk to fat embolism was greater than the doctors make it out to be? By the way, what is the way to prevent this from happening in the first place? I understand that the doctor will vent a canal by drilling holes at the planned level of the osteotomy prior to the reaming process (from Paley's website). But aren't there stretches that you have to do while in bed? And don't they have to make you get up to walk on the day one if using Strydes with a walker? Are blood thinners used for this purpose as well?

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2020, 06:23:54 AM »

I was wondering if the risk to fat embolism was greater than the doctors make it out to be? By the way, what is the way to prevent this from happening in the first place? I understand that the doctor will vent a canal by drilling holes at the planned level of the osteotomy prior to the reaming process (from Paley's website). But aren't there stretches that you have to do while in bed? And don't they have to make you get up to walk on the day one if using Strydes with a walker? Are blood thinners used for this purpose as well?

It's up to da surgery. And ya they prescribe xalrelto blood thinner. But it not related to fat embolism, which is directly in the days and week after surgery. Now with stryde they do aspirin at least paley does it with baby aspirin. To prevent da deep vein thrombosis and/or pulmonary embolism

I think da best way to survive is to stay in hospital as long as u can so that if anything happens u can get oxygen right away, and also maybe 2 weeks after u go home hire a care taker if budget permits. 2000$ for some peace of mind and potentially life saving I dink worth it tbh

Fat embolism is scary. But it truly is up to doctor to deal with it. Vent hole helps but as u can see this fellow got fat embolism. So sad. Not his fault, maybe not even paleys fault. Shïét happens. Just prepare for the worse, aka stay in the hospital as long as u can so oxygen can be READY at will

And for deep vein throm/ pulmonary embolism, take the damn aspirin/xalrelto plz. Ik one time mahboubian didn't prescribe this shiet and someone got pulmonary embolism and almost died lol

User requested self-ban.

brondo

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2020, 07:18:13 AM »

It's up to da surgery. And ya they prescribe xalrelto blood thinner. But it not related to fat embolism, which is directly in the days and week after surgery. Now with stryde they do aspirin at least paley does it with baby aspirin. To prevent da deep vein thrombosis and/or pulmonary embolism

I think da best way to survive is to stay in hospital as long as u can so that if anything happens u can get oxygen right away, and also maybe 2 weeks after u go home hire a care taker if budget permits. 2000$ for some peace of mind and potentially life saving I dink worth it tbh

Fat embolism is scary. But it truly is up to doctor to deal with it. Vent hole helps but as u can see this fellow got fat embolism. So sad. Not his fault, maybe not even paleys fault. Shïét happens. Just prepare for the worse, aka stay in the hospital as long as u can so oxygen can be READY at will

And for deep vein throm/ pulmonary embolism, take the damn aspirin/xalrelto plz. Ik one time mahboubian didn't prescribe this shiet and someone got pulmonary embolism and almost died lol

Wow that pretty scary that happened under someone like Mahboubian. Was this a long time ago or recent? If I understand you correctly you mean to stay in the hospital until ready to discharge, hire a caretaker to look after you (24/7? or just during the day), and does this caretaker need any certifications (certified nurse) to check for complications while you're in bed? When can you start doing stuff all by yourself and you don't have to worry about complications? After week 3 or so?

Body Builder

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2020, 08:00:27 AM »

The safest way to do LL is external tibias with an hexapod like tsf.
Period.

did7.1cm

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2020, 11:27:00 AM »

The safest way to do LL is external tibias with an hexapod like tsf.
Period.

Maybe but you're a veteran
Dont you lol when people still keep asking this question lol

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2020, 11:40:04 AM »

Wow that pretty scary that happened under someone like Mahboubian. Was this a long time ago or recent? If I understand you correctly you mean to stay in the hospital until ready to discharge, hire a caretaker to look after you (24/7? or just during the day), and does this caretaker need any certifications (certified nurse) to check for complications while you're in bed? When can you start doing stuff all by yourself and you don't have to worry about complications? After week 3 or so?

A few years ago. obviously that mistake doesn't happen anymore. He actually did prescribe it. But it was a poor dose for the given situation AND he did not prescribe it for the entire duration of the LL and rehab was not properly done. Rookie mistake. Now they know better

And yeah stay in hospital until discharge as long as possible, and maybe 24/7 caretaker for at least 7-10 days after you leave.

Not really, noc sets. Basically there to check on you and call 911 if you pass out or begin to breathe very badly.

After the first week post op, the risk of FAT embolism syndrome developing is very low. After TWO weeks it is pretty much safe to say you will not have fat embolism syndrome if you made it this far- that is the reason for the caretaker for 10 days.

However, deep vein thrombosis/pulmonary embolism can occur throughout the entire journey. The MOST IMPORTANT THING post op is to exercise your leg even a little. So yeah that is what you're forced to stand up at Paley's. And prescribed blood thinner for the WHOLE JOURNEY until after fully consolidation.

When u exercise u get rid of existing blood clots. Then the baby aspirin is a preventative (prophylaxis) measure and will basically ensure you won't get future blood clots. Baby aspirin is used now for stryde although some doctors still use Xalrelto like Debiparshad and it really doesn't matter. Xalrelto was very good during an era of weak non weightbearing nails like PRECICE 2.2, however now with Stryde and the ability to stand on legs (essentially exercising the legs), baby aspirin is all that is needed.

But you must take your blood thinner whether asprin or xalrelto for the WHOLE PHASE OF LL. so both legnthening and consolidation.

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5103.31

∆ here's the guy I'm talking about. He was 25 and almost died mostly because he was sleeping on opioids+ got breathing issues from PULMONARY / deep vein thrombosis. Scroll down on that link, he tells his whole story.

Basically you can tell if you have DVT. Second guess your doctor. Take your blood thinner every day don't stop till you legit are doing with consolidation. Exercise your legs by standing and walking slowly after surgery even a little to clear blood clots, and do this often on other days.

User requested self-ban.

brondo

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2020, 04:55:28 PM »

Thanks @ghkid2019
Pages: [1]   Go Up