Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: going abroad for this surgery  (Read 775 times)

foreign

going abroad for this surgery
« on: August 28, 2020, 06:35:37 AM »

hi friends

I am Indian. I want to go to greece or south korea for this surgery using lon method (or maybe precise or stryde I am thinking about the finances)

I am stuck in this big problem.

I asked donghoon and giotikas assistants to get me a medical visa for 3 months. they are not agreeing. they both are saying "come on a multi entry tourist visa and get the surgery. will we extend your visa after that" . it seems like a scam to me. they are thinking this surgery is a joke?

first of all they are asking me to lie to the border control staff. I have traveled to foreign countries including USA before and they ask detailed questions about why I am visiting and how long for.

friends, when you went to foreign countries for surgery what did you tell at the border? I feel a bit ashamed to tell about the surgery

another question= when you are in a foreign country how do you keep money for any expenses like complications or hotel charges or food? you cant keep thousands of dollars in cash.

did transfer the full amount before you left your country or after

my father is asking to get this surgery in India only, but India is very dirty place and I am afraid of getting poor result or infection. most doctors in India seems like scams. some are reputed but they dont do any cosmetic cases. they have done only 25-30 in their entire careers!

Skyisthelimit

Re: going abroad for this surgery
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 08:51:57 AM »

Hello foreign,
    I believe that’s how they handle the stays of foreign patients in some countries. They are not trying to scam you, but getting a medical visa would also need approval from a doctor in your own country if I’m not mistaken, on top of a bunch of paper work. I believe this method makes it easier for them to prolong your stay.
    Instead of saying you’re getting Cll, you could say that you’re getting a bone alignment surgery and you found an affordable doctor with a great reputation in the coutry. On the other hand, you could just tell the truth... it’s not like you’ll ever see that person again.
    I believe this depends on the country. If you are heading towards a developed country, then I’m sure 99% of the stores, transportation, etc, will accepting credit or debit cards. On the other side, if you’re choosing an under developed country, most likely you’ll encounter many placed where they don’t accept cards, only cash. My recommendation to you is to do your research and from there decide which will suit you better. Usually, you have to declare if you’re bringing more than $10k into a country.
    I would have to agree with your father on this one. There are many Cll doctors in India. Most of them are probably scammers that got into it for the money and don’t even hold a real degree, but there are a few respected doctors from India. I would suggest you did it with dr. Mangal Parihar. He’s a well known and reputable doctor around the world, and even amongst Cll doctors. I don’t believe he had many cosmetic cases, but he had many deformity and accident cases. The most important is that he has the theory of it all, which will be extremely crucial if some complications arise. Other doctors just have the experience down, but no theory backing their practice. In the case of those doctors, they probably wouldn’t be able to successfully help you tackle your issues.

Good luck buddy,
Sky

foreign

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 10:19:43 AM »

dear sky

I dont think its safe to go to some country telling the border staff that you will there for 2 weeks and then stay for 3 months. I dont know what these doctors will do after surgery if they cant extend my visa. and will they send me right after surgery on a wheelchair to some govt office to extend my visa? it seems very risky. I dont mind getting a letter from my local doctor if I need to, but I want to do it properly.

money... credit cards are accepted in greece and south korea I think but how much limit should I have? In India a limit of 10k $ is the max (pretty much). that too imagine for some reason it gets blocked for doing foreign transaction and Im left without any money. nightmare to imagine. Im exploring these forex travel cards which can be recharged with a lot of money.

I feel so ALONE in all this. I have not met ANYONE who has done any thing like this. i hear some rich celebrities in India going abroad for medical treatment with families and stuff. but its so difficult to manage all this while doing some thing Im kind of embaressed about... :( it would have been somuch simple if I was going to get some surgeyr for a real deformity which there is no treatment for in India

if I get this in India it will be with Mangal Parihar for sure. I have not met him but everyone tells me he is a very good doctor and good natured. but as many others have said his hospital looks not so impressive from outside. I once changed my route in an uber to just see the hospital when I was in bombay.

it just feels more comforting if Im the nth cosmetic patient waiting in line at some clinic and that nothing is new for the doctors. in India its a rare surgery especially with precise and stryde. I feel like Im an experiment even though in reality its not a big deal to insert a nail in the bone.

in past few years after reading diaries and videos I thought if I save money I can go to these great places and get surgery. but reality is hitting me hard now. there are so many big problems to handle after handling the money part.

Thanks for your kind reply Sky

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2020, 10:43:32 AM »

If you want to continue playing moral high horse and go against the advice of 2 very prominent well known doctors then so be it. Keep a clean conscience, keep the height insecurity. You either want this surgery or not. Once you're there not like they gonna send you back when you're lengthening and you're life is at risk. Virus is much more of a concern than some random indian overstaying his visa. The reason they do this is because medical visa annoying to get. So either you want to do it or not. If you can afford giotikas or Lee as an Indian, you're wealthy enough to not give a shiet. Stop fixating on the correct or incorrect way and you'll have a much easier time deciding if this is for you.

If you can't be honest to airport workers, just say you broke your legs in an accident and had surgery to fix it. If u feel too ashamed to do that just one single time then I guess gaining height really doesn't matter to you enough
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

foreign

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2020, 12:19:05 PM »

you dont know the difference between moral and legal? are you saying I should just over stay and leave without any negative consequence? they can fine me when I leave or ban me from going there again or even put me in detainment if I over stay!!

what do u mean wealthy enough to not give a shiet? about what??

How can I say I broke my legs while entering? while leaving, ya ok. but not while entering! I will look normal. I cant act like I have broke legs.

why would a genuine medical hospital not give me medical visa? all they have to do is write a letter. all the remaining difficulty is on me (the patient)

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2020, 12:38:24 PM »

Indian passport way weaker than other countries passport, very hard to get visa I would presume

Wealthy as in if you have a 30k USD or 50k USD to spend as an indian when ppl are making legit like 3000usd a year in India. You are rich, I'm sure no matter what happens you'll be fine. You got ties to home

User requested self-ban.

foreign

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2020, 01:34:54 PM »

ya this is true: Indian passport is very weak! when ever I apply for a visa they act like I will settle there and not come back. they ask ton of questions about my whole life, work, family, girl friend, house whatever just so they can figure out if I can be given a 2 weeks tourist visa! same at airport also. thats why I am afraid of 10 minutes conversation at the airport about LL. would be very embaressing.

there is one more reason its hard for me to get a visa. I cannot keep my job if I do the LL. I will need to resign. But without a "no-objection" letter from my boss they dont give me even tourist visa.

some times I think I should spend 5 years in Canada and become a citizen and then go where ever the f I want. but 5 years is too long to live unhappy and I will be old.

ya I am quite well off in India but I cant even buy a house here with 50k $. I cant even buy a good plot of land.

Ps I hope some of you privileged people from other countries feel grateful about your powerful passport. U can go where ever to get surgery :)

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2020, 02:08:09 PM »

Ye, definitely privileged to have American passport. It really be amazing. Can travel almost everywhere

I think Greece will be laxer on the entry. Just be a tourist and want to travel. Their economy is so bad they desperate for tourism everybody unemployed there lmfao

I would recommend just go with parihar, and do stryde. I don't know if he even offers that. Parihar is great. If not stryde then LON is fine. He is very good surgeon. I've read diaries of his patients and seen his case. You really won't have too much of a difference, hospital is clean form what I've read.

User requested self-ban.

more

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2020, 02:16:31 PM »

Ye, definitely privileged to have American passport. It really be amazing. Can travel almost everywhere

I think Greece will be laxer on the entry. Just be a tourist and want to travel. Their economy is so bad they desperate for tourism everybody unemployed there lmfao

I would recommend just go with parihar, and do stryde. I don't know if he even offers that. Parihar is great. If not stryde then LON is fine. He is very good surgeon. I've read diaries of his patients and seen his case. You really won't have too much of a difference, hospital is clean form what I've read.
You are recommending him dr. Parihar who does 1 or 2 CLL per year , lack of experience , even Penguin soft tissue was stuck between bone  gap( callus site)  and Parihar had to do two surgery for him ,
lectures  and theory  are  different than experience

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2020, 03:19:06 PM »

They told me the same thing in Serbia and China, and I'm an American.  It's how almost everyone does it.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2020, 03:34:46 PM »

You are recommending him dr. Parihar who does 1 or 2 CLL per year , lack of experience , even Penguin soft tissue was stuck between bone  gap( callus site)  and Parihar had to do two surgery for him ,
lectures  and theory  are  different than experience

Only recommending as a last resort if he can't leave India.

User requested self-ban.

Montreal172

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2020, 04:07:47 PM »

Here’s what you should do:

1- Listen to the docs, Greece is easier for you to get in.

2- For moneu look into a borderless transferwise account.

3- If you can, try to do the surgery with other memebers of the community,
so you can stay you’re meeting up with friends and are gonna hang out for a month
or two and travel. Then you can state you had an accident and surgery in the country
on your way back if you don’t want anyone to know.

Cheers.

BetzLandLiberator

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2020, 05:18:01 PM »

I asked donghoon and giotikas assistants to get me a medical visa for 3 months. they are not agreeing. they both are saying "come on a multi entry tourist visa and get the surgery. will we extend your visa after that" . it seems like a scam to me. they are thinking this surgery is a joke?

This is not a scam. That's similar to what I did back in 2012 for my surgery witth Betz. I didn't have a medical visa in the beginning.
Citizens from my country can enter most of Europe without a visa (they usually stamp our passports for 90 days), so I just went directly to Frankfurt without a visa, just a letter from Betz telling about my surgery appointment.
The Border office read the letter and gave me 6 months to stay in Germany (more time than the usual 90 days).

When I needed to stay more than 6 months then Betz and his assistants helped me to get a proper medical visa (the visa said something like "until rehabilitation is done").

precice strider

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2020, 05:48:44 PM »

I thought Dr. Parihar was good, I've seen a bunch of complicated deformity cases he's dealt with. I have a hard time considering him as an American because of location, but if you're already in India I wouldn't see a problem.

If you're abroad in India and get crippled or sick, it would be much harder to get help. So if you're unlucky you could get stuck crippled and with a stomach virus, and you'd be screwed. Par har har. (not sorry)
Height dysphoria since 2008. (age 5)
Hoping to undergo STRYDE 8cm femurs when I can afford it.
164 cm with a wingspan of 166cm
Goal: 5'7.5 (172+) or taller, but hopefully 5'8 (173)
https://www.instagram.com/precice_strider/
Pages: [1]   Go Up