Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is your occupation and how did you save up for surgery?  (Read 397 times)

brondo

What is your occupation and how did you save up for surgery?
« on: August 30, 2020, 12:03:52 AM »

I know this is a potentially sensitive and secretive topic for some, but I feel it is important discussion given that limb lengthening surgery is very expensive and time consuming. I would like to know if you have had the surgery what kind of job you have and how you saved up for the surgery. I just graduated college and I am currently trying to look for a job but haven't had much luck landing a good one, currently making about average salary. The reason I would like to know what kind of job you had and how much you make would be because it would give me a sense of direction for my career. For a lot of us, money is the main factor stopping us, as well as the lifestyle to put our jobs on hold. I desperately want to go through with this operation, but I refuse to go into debt doing it. I want to make the right financial decisions so I can be secure with my lifestyle and come out taller at the same time. I would also like to know how some of you put your jobs on hold to go through surgery, the distraction process, pt, etc. and still return to your work. Did some of you quit your jobs for surgery or were your employers cool with you taking the time off. Thank you.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
Re: What is your occupation and how did you save up for surgery?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2020, 12:58:56 AM »

I desperately want to go through with this operation, but I refuse to go into debt doing it.
High income:
Nothing wrong with taking a loan if you know you'll have adequate cash flow after you recover. High income. Things like having a degree that's very fruitful with high employment rates and high pay, or owning your own business that's very successful. Some can take out a loan since they know they'll undoubtedly be able to pay the payments off on time or even aggressively because you make so much money, nothing wrong with that.

Now if your degree is pretty niche in the job field and employment is looking rough and the pay isn't that good, a loan probably wouldn't be a good idea of you're honestly worried about how to pay it back. Lack of unemployment certainly can be because of covid right now, but I'm referring to normal times, ask yourself how easy would it be to get another job if you put effort into finding one? If you're still unwary then your field may be harder to get reemployed and now a loan and this surgery looks a bit out of reach.

Out of like probably 30+ American doctor diaries I've read in full, 90% of people were either one of two things:
- software engineers with a computer science degree where it's extremely easy to quit your current one and get another job at any time (in fact it's common to quit your job every 1-2 years, to go to another for higher pay, this is called job hopping, staying in one company is not good)

- people who owned their own businesses, they were their own bosses

So either be a software engineer or run your own SUCCESSFUL business, neither of these people had problems taking out loans, quitting their jobs, getting reemployed, paying off their loans.

And remember if your income is low and credit is meh, you'd probably not get approved for a big loan like you need anyways, once again showing that income is extremely important

Two thangs
-high income
-high reemployment

The ones who were able to get it dun in their early 20s or prior we're usually software engineers, with the exception of youthful Movie who was like 23 or something and ran his own drop shipping business
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

ape

Re: What is your occupation and how did you save up for surgery?
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2020, 09:10:01 AM »

I am in a field where it is VERY frowned upon to take long breaks. LL is something of tremendous blood and sacrifice for me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up