Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: any one refused to take before/after pics at dr debiparshad's office?  (Read 712 times)

perfect

• Visitor

i am setting up a consultation with dr debiparshad, but i would rather they don't click a photo of me standing next to dr d and limplastx banners. did anyone make this request?
is it a very unusual request to make to a medical professional which could make them angry?

Want-3-inches

Re: any one refused to take before/after pics at dr debiparshad's office?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2021, 07:02:16 PM »

Just refuse and if he insists or gets angry then get it done somewhere else. If you aren't comfortable with taking the pic, then you shouldn't. Does he do mock-up for proportions and give you length recommendations? In that case he might insist on the pic. Or you can wear a full sleeves t-shirt + sunglasses + covid mask + a baseball cap on your head. Buy a set of these just for the before and after pics and never wear them for anything other than this. I doubt he would object to this.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2021, 07:07:34 PM »

I believe he needs your signed consent to release the photos, so you can also have them taken and then refuse to sign the consent form in the packet of pepers his receptionist will give you.

Shatter. Gee. 11

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2021, 06:49:05 AM »

i am setting up a consultation with dr debiparshad, but i would rather they don't click a photo of me standing next to dr d and limplastx banners. did anyone make this request?
is it a very unusual request to make to a medical professional which could make them angry?

I don't know anything about that doc but I would never ever ever take before pics with anyone. We are supposed to take this secret to the grave
Height now 166 cm
Desired Height 177 cm

Plan- LON tibia 6 cm, LON femur 5 cm

perfect

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2021, 06:53:18 AM »

I believe he needs your signed consent to release the photos, so you can also have them taken and then refuse to sign the consent form in the packet of pepers his receptionist will give you.

yes of course but it's just for peace of mind. why let such a photo exist at all? what if there is mistake on their side and they share it with someone they should not?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2021, 03:51:31 PM »

yes of course but it's just for peace of mind. why let such a photo exist at all? what if there is mistake on their side and they share it with someone they should not?

You can sue them for that.  Think of how much cheaper LL would be if that happened, and the only downside would be a picture on instagram that nobody will look at.

Want-3-inches

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2021, 04:16:20 PM »

Suing means you give the issue all the more public attention.

I think wearing a hoodie, a mask and sunglasses would make it impossible to recognise anyone.

eric.cartman

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2021, 04:25:22 PM »

You should be able to opt-out. There are strict laws in the US about patient confidentiality. I doubt he would get angry if you refuse - it's your choice.

L8GrowthSpurt

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2021, 04:37:21 PM »

While I certainly understand the desire for privacy, no pics would ever be release without your consent; its just not going to happen for lots of reasons, mainly HIPAA laws and anyone releasing the photo would get sued which would have a serious impact on their ongoing business - esp for CLL.  The only circumstance I could ever see a photo being released without anyone’s consent would be some type of data breach, which could - at least in theory - result in other medical records also being compromised.  All medical providers have strict protocols and take active measures to make sure a data breach doesn’t happen.  And I have never heard of anyone having photos released without their permission.  All that said, I am sure you can just opt out on the before and after photos without any problem.  I think the photos are simply designed only to show objective differences and are not intended to be for any other purpose other than becoming part of your medical record.  This is standard in other cosmetic surgery situations.  Good luck with the consult.
CLL wannabe - waiting for Stryde return
171.5 cm (morning height)
171 cm (day height)
Wingspan: 179 cm
Goal height - 179 cm (femurs)

Shatter. Gee. 11

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2021, 04:39:28 PM »

While I certainly understand the desire for privacy, no pics would ever be release without your consent; its just not going to happen for lots of reasons, mainly HIPAA laws and anyone releasing the photo would get sued which would have a serious impact on their ongoing business - esp for CLL.  The only circumstance I could ever see a photo being released without anyone’s consent would be some type of data breach, which could - at least in theory - result in other medical records also being compromised.  All medical providers have strict protocols and take active measures to make sure a data breach doesn’t happen.  And I have never heard of anyone having photos released without their permission.  All that said, I am sure you can just opt out on the before and after photos without any problem.  I think the photos are simply designed only to show objective differences and are not intended to be for any other purpose other than becoming part of your medical record.  This is standard in other cosmetic surgery situations.  Good luck with the consult.

But why let it even exist? What is he going to do with someone's before pics anyway?
Height now 166 cm
Desired Height 177 cm

Plan- LON tibia 6 cm, LON femur 5 cm

L8GrowthSpurt

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2021, 07:08:37 PM »

You don’t have to do any pics so that’s up to you.  I think they’re designed mainly for the patient’s benefit. 
CLL wannabe - waiting for Stryde return
171.5 cm (morning height)
171 cm (day height)
Wingspan: 179 cm
Goal height - 179 cm (femurs)

Worzezterlire

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2021, 07:44:35 PM »

I can say firsthand you just ask to opt out and they make it very easy, you just ask.  I think they only post about 1 in 10 people who actually get LL in the institute, judging by their social media.  I don’t recognize anyone I’ve met there who successfully lengthened who has their before and after pictures on any of their social media accounts or website.  From my experience Dr D was a pretty ethical guy and he and his staff made zero effort to convince me to opt in.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2021, 01:43:57 AM »

Suing means you give the issue all the more public attention.

Right.  It'll be front page news. ::)

Michael J. Assayag, MD

• Limb Lengthening Orthopedic Surgeon from ICLL
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2021, 09:19:21 PM »

You never have to take before and after pictures.

In my practice any patient can respectfully decline the before and after photos.
Dr. Michael J Assayag MD FRCSC
Limb Lengthening and Reconstruction Surgeon
http://www.heightrx.com https://www.limblength.org/conditions/short-stature
massayag@lifebridgehealth.org
IG @bonelengthening
Pages: [1]   Go Up