Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is the future of limb lengthening? What do you hope to see happen?  (Read 16361 times)

184dream

Re: What is the future of limb lengthening? What do you hope to see happen?
« Reply #186 on: October 24, 2020, 10:39:45 AM »

I made a tobic previously dr karyne payne uni of colorado had already succeeded to make a growth plate and they made it customized by 3d printing

184dream

« Reply #187 on: October 24, 2020, 10:45:11 AM »

This post is just great

Bjoern77

Whatever it's gonna be: this Trooper is going to inject every   that promises miraculous results ;D 8)

TheDream

For those interested, Dr. Dror Paley is the First Surgeon in the World to Perform a New Limb Lengthening Procedure with the PRECICEā„¢ Plate Implant at St. Marys Medical Center & the Palm Beach Childrens Hospital

https://www.palmbeachchildrenshospital.com/news/newsroom/dr-dror-paley-is-the-first-surgeon-in-the-world-to-perform-a-new-limb-lengthening-procedure-with-the-precice-plate-implant-at-st-marys-medical-center-the-palm-beach-childrens-hospital

This is pretty interesting. Does this mean the metal rods can be completely avoided in the LL procedure? Could it be used for adult LL patients too? If we can avoid rods and minimize nails it could potentially mean a better way of lengthening tibias internally. You probably can't walk until after the lengthening but if combined with better lengthening steps etc. it could really improve internal tibia lengthening I'd assume.

Bjoern77

« Reply #190 on: September 12, 2021, 02:29:12 PM »

There were 60 years from external Ilizarovs to a full weight bearing magnrtic internal nail.
If you think that in less than 30 years there will be a non invasive alternative to get taller then wait for it.
You will just become an old man waiting for nothing.

Personally I am not delusional and know that there wont be a non invasive akternative at least till I get old.
You can't wait by leting your life pass as being short for a delusion, not my problem.
+1

Bjoern77

« Reply #191 on: September 12, 2021, 02:29:57 PM »

c60 could be a good way to start. It should be safe and easy to find. + it's anti aging.
It can give you cancer if exposed to light, afair?

SpeedDialer

« Reply #192 on: September 13, 2021, 04:48:26 PM »

Is Gnail the future/anything good about it? Or once the next precise/stryde model comes out it is finished?

Ex: any reason clicking is better than magnetic?

Bjoern77

« Reply #193 on: September 13, 2021, 09:47:46 PM »

Got any links/video?

__

So this is its tl;dr?

"A functionally improved indirubin derivative, KY19382, elongated tibial length through delayed senescence and further activation of the growth plate in adolescent mice. Collectively, our findings reveal an important role for CXXC5 as a suppressor of longitudinal bone growth involving growth plate activity."

wait... KY19382... isn't that the upcoming hair loss treatment via WNT pathway modulation or something?  ???

Bjoern77

« Reply #194 on: September 13, 2021, 10:22:16 PM »

Hi Antoine, thank you. I hope you will have more success than me. LPP and Indirubin are the most promising alternatives we have at the moment if it could work for adults.
What makes them special?

Body Builder

« Reply #195 on: September 13, 2021, 11:25:33 PM »

Is Gnail the future/anything good about it? Or once the next precise/stryde model comes out it is finished?

Ex: any reason clicking is better than magnetic?
Absolutely no. Gnail or any other mechanican nails have only disadvantages compared to a fully weight bearing magnetic nail like stryde.

SpeedDialer

« Reply #196 on: September 13, 2021, 11:46:39 PM »

We are sort of in this odd situation where there is data against the Stryde nail. So G-nail is the next best weight bearing option. There is no data against the G-nail that is getting it recalled but I wonder

Or is G-nail so similar to Albizzia that we don't need to worry/it is safe?

ilovescience

« Reply #197 on: September 14, 2021, 04:33:42 AM »

I think the future of LL would be safer and easier. Probably no surgery needed.

MakeMeTallAF

« Reply #198 on: September 14, 2021, 05:56:18 AM »

That's not happening anytime soon. The only way that's possible is if we find a way to un-fuse growth plates, which will be difficult since after they fuse they are pretty much indistinguishable from the rest of the bone.

Exxon

« Reply #199 on: September 14, 2021, 06:10:46 AM »

I think the future of LL would be safer and easier. Probably no surgery needed.

I reckon stem cells oriented. The problem is funding, and no centralized support.

ilovescience

« Reply #200 on: September 14, 2021, 06:10:56 AM »

That's not happening anytime soon. The only way that's possible is if we find a way to un-fuse growth plates, which will be difficult since after they fuse they are pretty much indistinguishable from the rest of the bone.

If they finally find a way to unfuse growth plates, everyone could choose it for cosmetic surgery, and everyone can still grow taller even in their adulthood. Hopefully there won't be heightism in the future, and everyone could compete fairly. That dream may come true this century, any hope?

Exxon

« Reply #201 on: September 14, 2021, 06:15:03 AM »

If they finally find a way to unfuse growth plates, everyone could choose it for cosmetic surgery, and everyone can still grow taller even in their adulthood. Hopefully there won't be heightism in the future, and everyone could compete fairly. That dream may come true this century, any hope?

It's definitely possible and maybe we can do it but we have to combat two things:

1. Research Money
2. Existing surgeons that undergo CLL

1 is pretty self explanatory, if you want to make significant advancements into science you're going to have to fund it greatly. We sadly do not have a big enough community to fund a great project like this. 2 is that people like Paley or any other experienced CLL surgeon will not want non-surgery alternatives which results to permanent height gain to occur, they will lose money and they'll do anything to not let information like this to go out to the public.

Those two things are holding us back from advancement.

ilovescience

« Reply #202 on: September 14, 2021, 06:17:36 AM »

I reckon stem cells oriented. The problem is funding, and no centralized support.

We need grow taller advocates so medias will understand, and funding should be no problem. Stem cell plays a big role in healing after LL. Have you heard of PRP treatment which is being done in many clinics? That's how they should approach in order to use stem cell to heal after LL.

Bjoern77

« Reply #203 on: September 16, 2021, 09:16:29 PM »

Maybe Link protein N-terminal peptide (LPP) could work for people with closed growth plates. I'm sure that a drug will be available one day for people with closed growth plates. Unfortunately, researchers are not very interested in helping adults growing taller.

So what is that LPP in layman's terms?

Bjoern77

« Reply #204 on: September 16, 2021, 09:52:02 PM »

Jesus christ will give me 3 inches after I inject Russian and Korean compound into my knee. Then I will get magical growth plate back out of thin air. Then I go to Allah and pray and journey to mecca then I will become 6 inch. Then I will become monk and inject igf-3 to make my growth plate turn from bone to cartilage. Then I pray to buddha and become Siddhartha. Then I go to Russia and do cross lengthening for 9 inch. I am now 6' 10 and about to prepare for my 5th Russian injection of BS-69-420 straight into the end of my femur. Then I will finally become tall enough so that girl like me. Then I will join incel forum and brag about how I have made it and invite Arabincel to my party

Angela Merkel approves!

Bjoern77

« Reply #205 on: September 17, 2021, 09:25:32 PM »

1)Completely revised limb lengthening surgery: laser osteotomy (https://aot.swiss/en/carlo/), distraction performed in a non-invasive/minimally invasive way by nanobots or something like that

You watched too much Star Trek  ;D

Christopherbulder

« Reply #206 on: September 17, 2021, 10:59:49 PM »

I am an albizzia alumnus
albizzia remains a relatively safe nail and weight carrier the only problem remains the clik rather painful at the start then it goes alone

Bjoern77

« Reply #207 on: September 18, 2021, 02:24:43 PM »

Otherwise, I don't know much about this "Height Increase Project 2020 Telegram Group" and I don't know how they are organized. I will try to know more.
How do I get into this autism group?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up