Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5’9 to 6’2  (Read 1927 times)

growthPlz

5’9 to 6’2
« on: September 06, 2020, 02:51:44 AM »

I’m planning on getting the surgery done by Dr. Debipershard later this year for 3 inches on the femurs.

This would put me at a cm ish over 6 ft tall.

Is it worth going back a year later for another 1.5-2 inches on the tibias?
I feel like if I wait a year for my femurs to recover, doing tibias would be ideal since it would balance out the leg ratio making the tibias less short in comparison to the femurs.

Would it proportionally look insane to be 6’2 with a 5’9 upper body?

OverSixFeetTall

Re: 5’9 to 6’2
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 03:33:20 AM »

I'm the same height as you at 5'9

Since this is a cold post with no info on the reason.

What's your reason for going 6'2 instead of 6'0 tall?

What is your underlying pain or feeling you want to remove from your mind?

Have you tried shoe lifts at 6'0 or 6'2 before going into this?

Remember, depending on your overall body and how your bones consolidate, there's no guarantee that you'll hit 6'2 due to safety reasons, so keep that in mind.

Have you considered doing 6'0 first via femurs, feel it out, and if not satisfied after 1-2 years, do 6'2 via tibias

It's best to consult with Dr. Debipershard.
My Current Height: 5'9
My Goal Height: 6'0
Lengthen: Femurs

a

• 5'9
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 12:09:24 PM »

Your torso will probably be alright for a over 6ft guy. The only thing matters is your arm length and shoulders. If your arms are long enough, you won't be laughed. There are MILLIONS of people with short torso either. But short arms is not common, at least at where I live.

Shoulders are important too. If you have a good combination of a slightly long neck, broad shoulders; there is no reason to worry about over 6ft tall. Your starting height is also good. Good luck.
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

NotSoBigBadBruin

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2020, 05:24:21 PM »

If your arms are long enough, you won't be laughed. There are MILLIONS of people with short torso either. But short arms is not common, at least at where I live.

I totally agree! Just make sure your wingspan-to-height ratio isn’t off.

a

• 5'9
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2020, 06:41:04 PM »

Not wingspan though. Arm length matters 20x than wingspan. You might be a narrow-shouldered guy. But being the short-armed guy is way more rare than being the narrow-shouldered one.

growthPlz

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2020, 07:52:45 PM »

Turns out my wingspan is around 5’9 so basically exactly my height. I feel like 3 inches with femurs wouldn’t make it look terribly weird but if I did 2 inches or 1.5 inches more on tibs it may look strange. Any thoughts?

a

• 5'9
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2020, 08:10:21 PM »

The thing is, why is your wingspan short (not short tbh, but which factor effects it in a negative way?
Do u have small hands, small fingers + a narrow shoulder? You might have long arms but very narrow shoulder and small hands. If so, you can shoot for 6 ft. Otherwise, you MIGHT look disproportionate.)

Hagane

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2020, 08:12:42 PM »

Turns out my wingspan is around 5’9 so basically exactly my height. I feel like 3 inches with femurs wouldn’t make it look terribly weird but if I did 2 inches or 1.5 inches more on tibs it may look strange. Any thoughts?

if i recall
there was an interview with paley ( it might have been the cyborg4life one)
he mentions that arm length is more important in relation to torso.
so as long as you can fit your hands in your pockets you, you wont look like a freak
Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)

a

• 5'9
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2020, 08:36:50 PM »

Arm length is literally the most important factor In my opinion. Sitting height, torso length bla bla are not important if not such a bad level. Like If you hit 6ft with 80cm sitting height that would be odd of course.

The importance of arm length = the importance of inseam/height ratio

If your arm length and i/h ratio pull it off, you can definetely go for it. (any height)

edit: No, you are wrong btw. Tibial lengthening makes your short wingspan look less bad than femur lengthening. I mean, if you already have short arms and legnthen your femurs it will perhaps look bad. But if you lengthen your tibias, it wont be bad.

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2020, 09:04:13 PM »

if i recall
there was an interview with paley ( it might have been the cyborg4life one)
he mentions that arm length is more important in relation to torso.
so as long as you can fit your hands in your pockets you, you wont look like a freak
Hey, what do you mean by fitting your hands in your pocket? The only way the distance between your hands and your shorts’/jeans’ pockets would change is if your torso was lengthened. By lengthening your legs the distance between the two mentioned will never be affected. Therefore, no matter how much you lengthen your legs, you’ll always be able to put your hands in your pockets.

edit: No, you are wrong btw. Tibial lengthening makes your short wingspan look less bad than femur lengthening. I mean, if you already have short arms and legnthen your femurs it will perhaps look bad. But if you lengthen your tibias, it wont be bad.
What he meant was adding 1.5-2 inches more on the tibias after already lengthening 3 inches on femurs, not one or the other, but both combined.

NotSoBigBadBruin

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2020, 09:29:04 PM »

To be honest, I’d do 2 inches on tibias and see if it cures your height neurosis. Because I’m pretty sure it’d look weird if your height were 4 to 5 inches greater than your wingspan.

Iron_Man

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2020, 09:38:44 PM »

I think the easiest way is to do some mockups in Paint and see how it looks.

growthPlz

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2020, 10:16:10 PM »

I think the easiest way is to do some mockups in Paint and see how it looks.
What tool are u talking about?

Iron_Man

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2020, 11:29:35 PM »

What tool are u talking about?

Take a picture in full height, download it to your computer and
extend your legs in Paint to evaluate your proportions at 6'0 or 6'2

Hagane

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2020, 11:31:06 PM »

Hey, what do you mean by fitting your hands in your pocket? The only way the distance between your hands and your shorts’/jeans’ pockets would change is if your torso was lengthened. By lengthening your legs the distance between the two mentioned will never be affected. Therefore, no matter how much you lengthen your legs, you’ll always be able to put your hands in your pockets.
What he meant was adding 1.5-2 inches more on the tibias after already lengthening 3 inches on femurs, not one or the other, but both combined.

correct
 i wanna make a correction on myself  i went back, it was not paley who said that but rather rozbruch

here is the C4L interview and he explains it much better than i would care to.
@a if you see this hopefully this will give you some peace of mind about arm span brother

ive set the vid to start at 21:20 but for some reason it starts earlier :/
Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)

a

• 5'9
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2020, 07:54:54 PM »

Yeah bro I totally get what he means tbh but if you go to a beach or something like that, if you have short arms it's probably going to be "obvious" :/ but yeah if you are wearing a thick jacket or anything people won't even pay attention tbh. Also I totally get what he means. Anyone will able to reach their arse no matter how much they lengthen tbh. Because you are lengthening your legs, if you lengthened your torso it might not be possible. I get it. But still.
Pages: [1]   Go Up