Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a new "wave" of people getting to know CLL?  (Read 780 times)

a

• 5'9
Is there a new "wave" of people getting to know CLL?
« on: September 07, 2020, 02:17:35 PM »

I've seen a lot of new accounts here and wanted to mention that I'm seeing these kinda posts everywhere. About the surgery itself. On Turkish forums, instagram etc. The people who talk about it clearly don't know anything like we all didn't know anything at first we realised CLL was an actual thing. I'm glad that surgery is getting more "known". One day it's going to be normalized as much as possible I believe.

The thing I was curious about is, are there any new advertisements or something about CLL? Because I've actually seen a lot of posts on Reddit too. It's kinda odd. I thought nobody knows about the surgery. Even in my school people were talking about it today. There might be a new huge advertisement on Turkey but I haven't seen it. It's just spread within a short period of time.

What about USA and the other countries? Do you guys see people get to know the surgery?

edit: I also feel incredibly bad for those people who are not aware of this forum and considering the surgery. This forum is like a blessing, information wise. I hope people don't go to butchers without knowing anything. I wish everyone searched a lot before going thru an insane surgery. I recall a lot of people who just did it right away without researching enough.
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

F_99

• Height Communist
Re: Is there a new "wave" of people getting to know CLL?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 06:05:34 PM »

Is there a new "wave" of people getting to know CLL?

There is.
Globalization and the internet culture fuel heightism. More and more people want and will be wanting to become taller in the near future, and Stryde seems less crazy than the previous methods.

I'm glad that surgery is getting more "known".

More people getting LL done will result to an increase in prices accross the board. So it's like with those situations that you say.. be careful what you wish for.
$$$

« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 06:38:33 PM by O_99 »
Looking for an alternative.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 06:41:48 PM »

Covid made me discover internal nail. Id always knew there was LL, but never ever wanted to do it, cuz the picture in my mind was "external barbaric cages" so I never wanted to do it or even considered it for a second.

I was so bored one day bcuz of covid and no school that I decided to go on this website limblengtheningforum for reasons related to peptides and growing taller. Out of curiosity I just decided to read a patient experience.
When I found the Precice nail, I was like maybe l want this, perhaps I don't have to be short forever. Then I discovered stryde and I was hooked. Made an account in April 2020 and read diaries for like 16 hours a day for a week straight. That's what happens when covid lockdown and you just discover perhaps the most life changing thing ever

I actually never saw an ad for LL, not yet.

Alot of new users definitely had to do with Inside Editions video on LL with Debiparshad. That video went absolutely viral. And Debiparshad's appearance on The Doctors tv show.

Like 0-99 said, internet definitely has a part in fueling this era. Especially with Tinder now. height is like a prerequisite. However I know height neurosis has been a thing since forever and plenty of people have height neurosis unrelated to social media. Especially if you're abnormally small like 5th percentile, you can see why you would want CLL, has nothing to do with the internet. And with internal nails and now Stryde this is looking much less barbaric than LON so more people seriously are considering this.

I personally struggled with height neurosis with matters completely unrelated to the internet and globalization tho, it was more of being shorter than everyone else that sparked it. Perhaps subconsciously it had an effect, but I doubt it. Ironically only after I joined this forum did I potentiate my height neurosis and start to compare heights on my tv shows that I watch and  , used to just do that in real life but now I do it everywhere
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

Arrogance

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 07:24:16 PM »

No wonder it's getting more popular with all the heightism these days
Resignation is my virtue. Like water I ebb and flow. Defeat is simply an addition of time to a sentence I never deserved, but you imposed

Arrogance

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 07:30:28 PM »

There is.
Globalization and the internet culture fuel heightism. More and more people want and will be wanting to become taller in the near future, and Stryde seems less crazy than the previous methods.

More people getting LL done will result to an increase in prices accross the board. So it's like with those situations that you say.. be careful what you wish for.
$$$

And since only rich people are gonna be able to afford it , we are gonna be even closer to a dystopia yaay Black Mirror here we come!
Resignation is my virtue. Like water I ebb and flow. Defeat is simply an addition of time to a sentence I never deserved, but you imposed

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2020, 07:35:21 PM »

No wonder it's getting more popular with all the heightism these days

This whole heightism thing is a myth, bro. lmao

drxboom

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2020, 07:47:13 PM »

I've known Clly for a long time. yes, it has become easier recently with internal nails. However, the main reason it is known is that the dimension that is important everywhere in social media and television has become even more important. spreads easily. Nowadays, there are many plastic surgeries that people do not even know the name of. You will tell people that you are cll right now, they will probably be considered weird, hopefully this perception will fade over time. The important thing is not to know more about cll, but to be welcomed more normally by societ
170cm goal 177 -178

Arrogance

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2020, 07:51:08 PM »

Bruce kid stop spamming us with videos everytime you post a comment, no one watches them

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2020, 08:20:02 PM »

Bruce kid stop spamming us with videos everytime you post a comment, no one watches them

I don't know man, because there are some views.  :-X

carpetendro

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2020, 08:00:44 AM »

I don't know how you can go through with something as drastic and life changing as LL surgery without doing tedious research beforehand. A complication can leave you a cripple, disabled for life or dead which is worse than being short so how can someone do something like LL without much research is beyond me. For me I've always known about LL since I was young. I always pushed it in the back on my mind hoping that I would grow. Well as luck would have it, I didn't grow at all. I thought things would get better with age and my height would be less of a problem. Wrong again. Heightism has in fact increased over the years and people are comfortable making fun of short men now more than ever. I'm at such a low end of the spectrum that even after I do this surgery I will still be short but I will at least be somewhat taller than most women and look less childlike in stature. If I was 5'6 - 5'9 I would NEVER do this surgery. This surgery isn't like a nose job or getting fillers in your face. You're changing the bio-mechanics of your body in a way it's not meant to be. I'll probably have joint and leg problems when I get older but that's something I have to gamble with. Being very short in this ever changing height obsessed world is an uphill battle.

LON-next

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2020, 12:56:43 PM »

$$$

Bro, if more people have this procedure it will bring the cost down. Basic econ 101.
Although, there will be a risk of doctors not qualified performing this procedures and making mistakes.

Also, I don’t think it’s necessarily a good thing for short people if this becomes too prevalent and acceptable which would mean people will be willing to have this done. Average height and tall people will be more willing to have this done to get even taller.
The prevalence will ultimately result two things:
1. it will make it even less acceptable to be short
2. push up the boundary for average height

None of them good for short people (even with surgery as we will always be playing catch up)

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2020, 01:11:56 PM »

The cost of this surgery will essentially make those two things non factors, at least for 100 years and no new tech. 99.99% of short people won't want to consider doing this, and for the 0.01% that do want this99% can't afford it or never make the final step to doing it.

We will be fine. The average height will stay the same, and the acceptance won't go down because of this surgery, but more because of other lifestyle and social media changes
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

F_99

• Height Communist
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2020, 01:19:25 PM »

Bro, if more people have this procedure it will bring the cost down. Basic econ 101.
Although, there will be a risk of doctors not qualified performing this procedures and making mistakes.

Also, I don’t think it’s necessarily a good thing for short people if this becomes too prevalent and acceptable which would mean people will be willing to have this done. Average height and tall people will be more willing to have this done to get even taller.

None of them good for short people (even with surgery as we will always be playing catch up)

If demand goes up, price will eventually increase, open a book.

Body Builder

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2020, 01:51:36 PM »

Height is not a benefit if you are very tall.
So no, a tall guy who does LL won't look better but most of the times worse after that.

LL is only for short and average height men (not even women except we talk for less that 5ft ones).
Anyone else have only drawbacks from it.

F_99

• Height Communist
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2020, 02:02:00 PM »

Height is not a benefit if you are very tall.
So no, a tall guy who does LL won't look better but most of the times worse after that.

+1.
Being already very tall and doing LL is not smart move.
Unless you want to be a professional Basketball player or Strongman..

Oh wait, you won't be able to do any of these two professionally after the surgery.
There is a price to pay and it's not worth it.

LON-next

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2020, 02:22:09 PM »

If demand goes up, price will eventually increase, open a book.

You misunderstood, or maybe I was too general.

Higher demand = higher supply

However, there will come a point where even new wave of higher demand<supply

as a lot of mediocre Orthopedic doctors will jump at the chance to make extra money and will offer this, in addition to their normal practice. They don’t have to even give up their normal practice and can just add this to the list of services they already offer.

When supply outstrips demand the price will naturally decrease. By how much and what rate, depends.

So you’re right, if demand increases but supply remains same then price will increase.
But that’s not what I meant, as I foresee far more doctors/surgeons offering these procedures in the future on the wave of its new found popularity.

F_99

• Height Communist
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2020, 02:45:23 PM »

You misunderstood, or maybe I was too general.

Higher demand = higher supply

However, there will come a point where even new wave of higher demand<supply (1)

as a lot of mediocre Orthopedic doctors will jump at the chance to make extra money and will offer this, in addition to their normal practice. They don’t have to even give up their normal practice and can just add this to the list of services they already offer.

When supply outstrips demand the price will naturally decrease. By how much and what rate, depends.

So you’re right, if demand increases but supply remains same then price will increase.
But that’s not what I meant, as I foresee far more doctors/surgeons offering these procedures in the future on the wave of its new found popularity. (2)

(1) We don't know for sure that "supply will outstrip demand". Plastic surgery sector is a similar example, consider that during the previous decade, even with its growing popularity, the increase of the number of surgeons wasn't enough to keep up and the price still went up. Keep also in mind that wealth inequality is expected to rise during this decade.

(2) Even if that happens, and the balance of supply and demand shift; which is possible but unlikely, the doctors that offer stryde and are/will be the ones worth going, Giotikas, Lee, Mahboubian, etc. will be more expensive. Just like Paley is now. Grands more expensive than others, and he's getting loads of patients, because people want to have the surgery with him, meanwhile cheaper "worse" surgeons stay at 2digits.

If mediocre, incompetent doctors without experience jump into the game offering relatively cheap procedures happens, it's meaningless.
Pages: [1]   Go Up