Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tibia lengthening via knees deformity correction  (Read 570 times)

limby101

Tibia lengthening via knees deformity correction
« on: September 07, 2020, 09:43:53 AM »

Hey guys.
Im 37, my height is 1.70 cm
I have this mild-moderate level of bowed legs (verus).
I have some minor knee pain, but really not a big deal, i think its reasonable to assume its because of the knees mal-position..
So, a tibia surgery for correction, how much height gain do you think it can achieve?
and what is the maximal height gain a tibia lengthening known to achieve?

thanks

Kal el

Re: Tibia lengthening via knees deformity correction
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 09:50:00 AM »

Max 8 cm but too much and a bit risky..7 cm is ok but still a bit risky..6 cm is ok...5 cm is perfect both risk and length wise..below 5 cm is waste of money,time,and 2 good legs....but still if u want u can..but is a waste i would say.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 09:53:56 AM »

If u have knee pain already then by doing LON or something you're just gonna fk up your knees even more. Honestly just get external frames and fix deformity, this avoids reaming thru the knees.

Correction can achieve the normal amount of lengthening of a cosmetic LL, not much diff. I recommend <5

Maximal height probably like 12 cm or something close to that, of course the person is crippled for a long long time long long long even long for LL standards
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

Kal el

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 10:03:00 AM »

Hey doctor ghkid2020 he has knee problem coz of his bow legs not because of any infection so if he corrects the pains gonna go away anyway and rimming wont affect him coz its not any deep arthritis or bone infection..even i have seen some reputable doctors correcting bow leg and knock knee along with cll....correcting the knee alignment solves the pain problem..i think u r gonna be a orthopedic surgeon very soon the way i see it ghkid.

BeYourBest

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 10:32:50 AM »

Hey doctor ghkid2020 he has knee problem coz of his bow legs not because of any infection so if he corrects the pains gonna go away anyway and rimming wont affect him coz its not any deep arthritis or bone infection..even i have seen some reputable doctors correcting bow leg and knock knee along with cll....correcting the knee alignment solves the pain problem..i think u r gonna be a orthopedic surgeon very soon the way i see it ghkid.

Had to log in to tel you to shut your sarcastic ass up. Ghkid got that IQ right there. We all like reading his posts. Don’t take the P I S S

Hagane

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2020, 05:21:16 PM »

Hey guys.
Im 37, my height is 1.70 cm
I have this mild-moderate level of bowed legs (verus).
I have some minor knee pain, but really not a big deal, i think its reasonable to assume its because of the knees mal-position..
So, a tibia surgery for correction, how much height gain do you think it can achieve?
and what is the maximal height gain a tibia lengthening known to achieve?

thanks
to simply answer your question
it is very likely that your knee pain if from your malalignment, and if left untreated will continue to degrade your knees
as you know there are two ways to adress that: internal or external fixation.
the best way to determine which methoid is best for you is to consult your doctor.  they will do scans and determine how severe your valgus is.
while the internal methods are most effective/ easier, more extereme deformities can only be fixed via externals

what ghkid said has validity because reaming does go through the joint space. so temporarily there will be more knee pain. however the pain from internals is more to do with trauma an sarring of tendon than it is arthritic pain. which is more cartilage loss/ jointspace narrowing.
Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)

HeightGain

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2020, 07:15:43 PM »

Deformities, especially if in multiple planes then external only way to go
Pages: [1]   Go Up