Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1.50m woman gets 18cm with Guichet?!?!?  (Read 1319 times)

exceeding2meters

1.50m woman gets 18cm with Guichet?!?!?
« on: December 04, 2020, 11:05:02 AM »

http://www.drguichet.com/success-stories/

The last story it is a woman claiming 7.7cm on her first surgery, and 10cm on her second, there is even a photo there (where I presume it is only from the first surgery? as her femurs are so long she doesn't even look like a human).

Guichet obviously has no eyes for aesthetics, but if he managed to actually lengthen a woman that started from 1.50 to 1.68, then I guess for any man 1.65 and above 14cm lengthening should be completely realistic goal to achieve?

Or is he claiming BS and he butchers all his patients like his butchered this woman called Unicorn?
I tell you now, I am the one to survive
No one can stop my faith or my STRYDE!!

184dream

Re: 1.50m woman gets 18cm with Guichet?!?!?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2020, 03:04:47 PM »

yeah unicorn has a terrible complication

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2020, 03:25:09 PM »

The last story it is a woman claiming 7.7cm on her first surgery, and 10cm on her second, there is even a photo there (where I presume it is only from the first surgery? as her femurs are so long she doesn't even look like a human).

Guichet obviously has no eyes for aesthetics, but if he managed to actually lengthen a woman that started from 1.50 to 1.68, then I guess for any man 1.65 and above 14cm lengthening should be completely realistic goal to achieve?

Or is he claiming BS and he butchers all his patients like his butchered this woman called Unicorn?

Of course it is possible.  The arbitrary limits talked about on here are just people being conservative.

Body Builder

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2020, 05:03:01 PM »

Guichet is a very expensive and dangerous joke with an obsolete nail that noone should use nowadays .

People should stop have interest about him, he is a very had choice for LL.

exceeding2meters

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2020, 09:05:50 AM »

Guichet is a very expensive and dangerous joke with an obsolete nail that noone should use nowadays .

People should stop have interest about him, he is a very had choice for LL.

It is just surprising to me that a 1.50 woman (correct me if I am wrong, but women ha e smaller bones and probably are more susceptible to complications) can lengthen to 1.68 and walk, it is a joke for a man (who will have bigger bones) to sit and wonder whether he should 5cm femur or 8cm or whatever. It seems like Apo is not the only one to have achieved crazy amounts.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2020, 03:22:18 PM »

It seems like Apo is not the only one to have achieved crazy amounts.

Definitely not.  Lots of people I met in Beijing did 15-20 cm.  Unfortunately, I haven't kept up with any of them so I don't know if they're having problems or not.

Iron_Man

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2020, 03:53:59 AM »

The website says that her initial height was 133 cm, and after two surgeries she became 150 cm. Perhaps, she has hypochondroplasia

exceeding2meters

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2020, 12:02:53 PM »

The website says that her initial height was 133 cm, and after two surgeries she became 150 cm. Perhaps, she has hypochondroplasia

My mistake then, that would explain it

Definitely not.  Lots of people I met in Beijing did 15-20 cm.  Unfortunately, I haven't kept up with any of them so I don't know if they're having problems or not.

Pretty impressive, although I guess the aesthetic result would be terrible probably

Dr Guichet

• Verified LL Doctor
  • Visitor
  • Limb Lengthening and Reconstruction Surgery
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2020, 10:40:40 AM »

Hello everybody,

Improvements of treatments for patients are not easy and requires a high Ethics, and sometimes it means not using old techniques ices, but developing new ones for a better care.

This wonderful patient is very captivating. She was 17 year-old and had a special form of genetic dwarfism. She was not a cosmetic patient. She was initially 1.33 m and is now 1.50m (she did not start at 1.5 m!).  The interesting thing is that at that time, there were only external fixators and the ISKD nail, which has been withdrawn from the market later. We cannot blame her to have been willing to grow up.

She got a fully weight bearing nail in 2005, 13 years before the Stryde. She was tested for muscle force (Cybex testing), bone quality and after her 17 cm gain, she full recovered. You can see her short post in:

She is very happy about her current height, which allowed her to reach an acceptable stature for adulthood.

I would thank you not to be aggressive on Internet, it does not provide a good image about the Forum nor improve treatments.

Who would have done at that time a fully weight bearing nail with no complication? Criticism is easy but Art is difficult.

In any surgery with any surgeon you can get complications, and you can go to PubMed Medline to understand that even the best techniques have complications (even the Precice!). The only important thing is to guide patients in the right way to succeed his lengthening, provided the patient is fully aware of risks (even 1%!) and accept them. Respect of individuals (Patients and Surgeons) should be a basic Human Ethic Feature, even on the Internet in Forums.

Thank you for your understanding
Dr Jean-Marc Guichet

Arrogance

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2020, 05:08:59 PM »

Sorry guichet but get out. Many here hate you for what you did to UNICORN
Resignation is my virtue. Like water I ebb and flow. Defeat is simply an addition of time to a sentence I never deserved, but you imposed

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2020, 11:06:13 AM »

Guichet is visiting this forum? I hope he'll lose in court and will get his medical license revoked for life.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.
Pages: [1]   Go Up