Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Surgery Accident:A Huaianese went for Dr.DongHoon but finally disabled  (Read 2090 times)

Astronomy

近日,江苏淮安,一名22岁小伙因做断骨增高手术,导致双腿严重感染无法行走。据悉,小伙因身高不足1米8感到自卑,专门去国外做的手术,然而手术后副作用明显。医生介绍,由于病情较重,该患者很可能面临终身残疾,并表示仅为了长高做断骨增高手术非常不值得,切不可为几公分的身高犯下不可挽回的错误。

In English(Translated by myself):
The other day a 22 y.o chap from Huaian city of Jiangsu Province lost the walking function because his legs were infected very badly,for having done limb lengtheing surgery.It was said that the chap is feeling inferior because his height is not 180 ish and on purpose he went abroad for this surgery.Therefore,the post-surgery side effects were very obvious.The doctor illustrated that due to acute sickness,this patient would be likely to be faced with problems like being disabled all life long and expressed that to grow taller,it was not worth it.Stop making irredeemable mistakes only for several cms.

I've heard that the chap went for Dr.Dooghoon,a Korean doctor to do LL.And Dr.Dooghoon said that something terrible happened to him because he was not strict himself about post-surgery physical therapies leading to his awful sickness.
This news shocked some domestic LL surgeons in China and they won't dare to do LL.But I planed to consult Dr.Liuming and Dr.Liukexin,whose workplaces are near my home.I don't think they'll be glad to do LL anymore.

The news video:
https://www.zhihu.com/zvideo/1292473980201033728

BelowTheMean

Re: Surgery Accident:A Huaianese went for Dr.DongHoon but finally disabled
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020, 05:33:17 AM »

Lol nice article. The comments section is gold.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

las vegas baby

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2020, 06:08:41 AM »

donghoon lee makes me feel  angry.

Because hes asian none of the english news outlets will cover this news. so most of the western world is still sitting and drooling about donghoon and how western surgeons appreciate him and his youtube channel with some of the best case outcomes. Everyone is unaware of this. Even the news is so badly written you can hardly understand what went wrong and why someone can become permanently disabled. Now Donghoon will make another 3 videos on his Youtube about some of his best cases and not talk about such horror stories.

Can anything like this happen in USA? Ask yourself. Every local media would jump at the opportunity and show it openly. sunlight = best disinfectent. There would be a million dollar lawsuit.

its so shady how donghoon charges more for western patients. gullible western patients who cant understadn whats happening in Asia.

The fact that there are pracisitng surgeons in the USA is what gives me confidence on this procedure. No way such mal practice will be tolerate in USA

exceeding2meters

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2020, 08:10:31 AM »

I don't get it

So the patient was not strict about PT, how is that Donghoon's fault?
I tell you now, I am the one to survive
No one can stop my faith or my STRYDE!!

Astronomy

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2020, 08:49:42 AM »

donghoon lee makes me feel  angry.

Because hes asian none of the english news outlets will cover this news. so most of the western world is still sitting and drooling about donghoon and how western surgeons appreciate him and his youtube channel with some of the best case outcomes. Everyone is unaware of this. Even the news is so badly written you can hardly understand what went wrong and why someone can become permanently disabled. Now Donghoon will make another 3 videos on his Youtube about some of his best cases and not talk about such horror stories.

Can anything like this happen in USA? Ask yourself. Every local media would jump at the opportunity and show it openly. sunlight = best disinfectent. There would be a million dollar lawsuit.

its so shady how donghoon charges more for western patients. gullible western patients who cant understadn whats happening in Asia.

The fact that there are pracisitng surgeons in the USA is what gives me confidence on this procedure. No way such mal practice will be tolerate in USA
Yes actually maybe we cant see characters 'Donghoon Lee' cuz the patient didnt reveal his surgeons name.Thats a private thing.In addition,this patient didnt sue Donghoon (though I dont why) therefore there was no lawsuit and no news telling his name.Actually if you keep eyes on even Dr.Paley you will also dig out his hidden damned failures.Its nearly impossible that a LL surgeon can elaborate totally healthy patient without any failures.

Astronomy

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2020, 08:53:10 AM »

I don't get it

Just like a student not glad to have a teachers lesson.The student himself is definitely part of fault but maybe it is the same with teacher

las vegas baby

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2020, 09:46:27 AM »

I don't get it

how can not doing PT properly cause such serious damage that a news channel willl report it?? the translated text says " awful sickness" is that possible with not doing enough PT?

las vegas baby

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2020, 09:47:06 AM »

Yes actually maybe we cant see characters 'Donghoon Lee' cuz the patient didnt reveal his surgeons name.Thats a private thing.In addition,this patient didnt sue Donghoon (though I dont why) therefore there was no lawsuit and no news telling his name.Actually if you keep eyes on even Dr.Paley you will also dig out his hidden damned failures.Its nearly impossible that a LL surgeon can elaborate totally healthy patient without any failures.

it mentions Dooghoon Lee lol

Astronomy

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2020, 09:59:47 AM »

it mentions Dooghoon Lee lol
Ehh..Thats my saying.The original news didnt mention
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 10:56:32 AM by Coeus »

exceeding2meters

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2020, 10:57:43 AM »

Ehh..Thats my saying.The original new didnt mention

And how do you even know it is Donghoon Lee? There are many doctors in S. Korea performing this surgery, you read some article, and then you come here and say that it is Donghoon? Do you even know what you are talking about?

And then we have a retarded patient who didn't do his PT, and he goes and blames the doctor? This surgery is not for dumbasses, if you don't follow through the rehabilitation program it is all your fault, nothing to do with the doctor.

Don't spread misinformation if you have no clue what you are talking about.

las vegas baby

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2020, 11:08:24 AM »

Ehh..Thats my saying.The original news didnt mention

I am sorry to donghoon lee. I take all my words back.

Donghoon Lee = Good

unless proven otherwise

missyoulikecrazy

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2020, 01:53:46 PM »

are we 100% sure this is donghoon lee? I am fluent in chinese but the patient never mentions donghoon lee in this video

Astronomy

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2020, 02:55:13 PM »

I'm asking for Dr.doonhoon Lee's whitewash video but he was busy or somehow else only not to reply me for all day.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2020, 03:08:56 PM »

Being lazy about PT doesn't cause an infection.  Guang Ji hospital had a lot of patients who lay in bed all day.

It just means your legs will be tight at the end, which can usually be fixed by standing and walking.  It just takes longer to get back to normal unless the contracture is severe.

Something else happened here.

Body Builder

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2020, 05:28:19 PM »

Being lazy about PT doesn't cause an infection.  Guang Ji hospital had a lot of patients who lay in bed all day.

It just means your legs will be tight at the end, which can usually be fixed by standing and walking.  It just takes longer to get back to normal unless the contracture is severe.

Something else happened here.
Well said. Less PT don't make you disable, especially from infection, but make your rehabilitation longer and your moving not so fluent.

Here happened something else and most probable is a doctor's fault. Patient can't become disabled on his own.

exceeding2meters

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2020, 05:46:12 PM »

Point is he was not Donghoon's patient

OP makes thread blaming Donghoon when he has no clue who did the surgery

It happened in Korea so it must br Donghoon, when there are like 5 hospitals there doing LL

las vegas baby

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2020, 08:48:26 AM »

yea wtf there is no evidence this was donghoon. no idea where his name even came from. look at the title of this thread. this is defamation of donghoon

Michael J. Assayag, MD

• Limb Lengthening Orthopedic Surgeon from ICLL
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2020, 01:41:15 AM »

The truth guys is: complications may and will happen. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. The important part is to tackle those head on and with knowledge and confidence.
Dr. Michael J Assayag MD FRCSC
Limb Lengthening and Reconstruction Surgeon
http://www.heightrx.com https://www.limblength.org/conditions/short-stature
massayag@lifebridgehealth.org
IG @bonelengthening

exceeding2meters

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2020, 09:09:03 AM »

The truth guys is: complications may and will happen. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. The important part is to tackle those head on and with knowledge and confidence.

Thank you for your input doctor. The sad thing is, we don't have specific numbers of how often they occur, and thus it ends up blaming the doc or blaming the patient often.

I only know dr. Paley talks about 5% and dr. Gdavelitch in her interview with Victor said 1%.

Shadow91

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2020, 10:22:27 PM »

I wish there were some official numbers that could show the success rates of each surgeon.

marathonrunner

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2020, 03:53:50 AM »

Its not a patient of Dr Lee. I already reached out to them and asked about this. Probably a patient from another LL clinic in Korea.

las vegas baby

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2020, 12:34:53 PM »

thank u for checking marathon! I feel bad for passing those negative comments on donghoon going by what the op wrote. smh

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2020, 12:50:44 PM »

I'm Chinese. I can understand everything in this video. The video mentions only that the patient was operated on abroad. Lee and South Korea are not mentioned.There are many medical intermediaries in China. They discredit each other and compete for the market.
Pages: [1]   Go Up