Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Veterans of LL - What have you lost and gained from LL surgery?  (Read 2038 times)

brondo

Veterans of LL - What have you lost and gained from LL surgery?
« on: September 07, 2020, 03:20:37 PM »

Hi everyone here on LL Forum,

If you have had this surgery and have been going about throughout your daily life, how has it been for you? How has it changed your life for the better? What are the things you lost from doing this procedure? Any loss of athleticism and nagging injuries? Has your social life gotten better? Have you moved up in your career? Was the cost worth it for you?

cheekycabs

Re: Veterans of LL - What have you lost and gained from LL surgery?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2020, 10:03:40 AM »

Changed my life, for sure. 167-171

Better: Social situations aren't nearly as awkward. I'm picking up women much easier, for the first time in 15 years of adulting I've had a rotation. Massive MASSIVE ego boost and confidence boost, I never was unconfident before but now I get away with it.

Worse: Partner left me as I became an egoistic  , I have very strange pains in my ankles sometimes, but nothing drastic. My running is funny but not painful. Just a but awkward. Everyone noticed, especially my family, was very hard to hide. Even friends who hadn't seen me in 10 years.

Height really isn't everything women look for in a partner, but holy   does it make a massive difference. But don't let it get to your head. It's a lot like steroids the attention and situations surely will improve but don't become a prick because of it.
External Tib Ilizarov, Azerbaijan: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9418.0
Drugs, preparation, training: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V2bNA_OsVwqR5Qp6fAWH7VFN6DaZPJ8YroUELsIy28k/edit

1 year post can run slowly, walking/gym everyday. Issues are zero, ankle tight waking up.

AllAboutPerspective

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2020, 04:03:13 PM »

Everyone noticed, especially my family, was very hard to hide. Even friends who hadn't seen me in 10 years.

What did you tell your friends when they asked? You didn't lengthen too much so I'm surprised friends who hadn't seen you in 10 years noticed.
Stryde Femurs w/ Dr. Giotikas Feb 2021

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2020, 04:24:51 PM »

Better: Social situations aren't nearly as awkward. I'm picking up women much easier, for the first time in 15 years of adulting I've had a rotation. Massive MASSIVE ego boost and confidence boost, I never was unconfident before but now I get away with it.

Worse: Partner left me as I became an egoistic  , I have very strange pains in my ankles sometimes, but nothing drastic. My running is funny but not painful. Just a but awkward. Everyone noticed, especially my family, was very hard to hide. Even friends who hadn't seen me in 10 years.

Height really isn't everything women look for in a partner, but holy   does it make a massive difference. But don't let it get to your head. It's a lot like steroids the attention and situations surely will improve but don't become a prick because of it.

In your diary, you said your original height is 165. Then changed to 167?

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2020, 04:28:11 PM »

In your diary, you said your original height is 165. Then changed to 167?
I recall seeing another post in that original diary that said he measured himself wrong at first so he was taller than he expected
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2020, 04:34:53 PM »

Or maybe he actually went from 5'5" to 5'7".

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2020, 05:10:56 PM »

That's probably it and it's good anecdote cuz it seems like his confidence shot up like a boner. Good for me then cuz it'll show even if I make it to 5'7.5 it'll still be life changing

User requested self-ban.

th

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2020, 05:31:59 PM »

it's strange - u can psychologically actually lose ur original and genuine niceness to some degree - why people liked you in the furst place, humour, fun, humility & the beautuful uniqueness of a person's character- u have to be careful that getting taller doesn't make u feel invincible - like ur the king and can do anything - that is not attractive to others - it can change your psyche in that way - strange but u are altering you in different ways.. :)

cheekycabs

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2020, 08:18:37 AM »

it's strange - u can psychologically actually lose ur original and genuine niceness to some degree - why people liked you in the furst place, humour, fun, humility & the beautuful uniqueness of a person's character- u have to be careful that getting taller doesn't make u feel invincible - like ur the king and can do anything - that is not attractive to others - it can change your psyche in that way - strange but u are altering you in different ways.. :)

Very true. Just like money, power, or anything really. Things go to your head a little too much. I did actually feel invincible with all the extra attention I was getting and actually it fked things up with a lot of people because of it. I'm in a small community, and I started getting a lot more attention that I've never really had before, and living like FOMO I jumped on the opportunities just thinking with the wrong brain. I acted like a fking jerk when I've always been incredibly nice.

Lots of lessons. Anyways yes with my height I measured wrong before, I used to go off of my driver's license but it was actually wrong. Doesn't matter. The jump up was really incredibly noticible in that range. Standing next to friends I remember were the same height. It was drastic, and actually wish I did more.

Life is funny like that, haha.
External Tib Ilizarov, Azerbaijan: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9418.0
Drugs, preparation, training: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V2bNA_OsVwqR5Qp6fAWH7VFN6DaZPJ8YroUELsIy28k/edit

1 year post can run slowly, walking/gym everyday. Issues are zero, ankle tight waking up.

cheekycabs

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2020, 08:21:37 AM »

What did you tell your friends when they asked? You didn't lengthen too much so I'm surprised friends who hadn't seen you in 10 years noticed.

I just laughed it off. Maybe you shrunk. Or also I've also been working out. At the same time of doing the surgery I made sure to train my shoulders a lot so I was actually training a lot.

But yeah, a lot a LOT of people noticed. I had a 10 year reunion with some friends bcause I was gone from Canada, and some friends immediately said "you frigging grew, what the hell?"

Same with family members. Very hard to convince them I just worked out a lot. But as far as I know they don't know about it.

Tengo

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2020, 11:58:43 AM »

Before when I was younger I use to get a lot of attention from girls and maybe not only sexual but also friendly attention because I was confident and spoke freely. Now over the past 5-10 years the attention has got less and less, with girls preferring idiots over me only because they seem more manly, or maybe because I have toned down how confidently I speak and interact. Having money doesn't mean sh*t if you dont get respect without showing your money off. All of my ex's were hot and thats my standard, but they eventually dump me because my stature is not even average and I know they feel disappointed because life is good but I'm short and not the manly looking partner of their dreams. I sometimes wear shoes that take me 5cm higher, which changes how girls see me and I feel different about myself, but still its not a sustainable solution and not as good as who I thought I will be when I was younger with all the confidence in the world. I know 5cm will change how people see me.

@cheekycabs Tell me more about the girls and how they responded before and after surgery? I'm guessing the same type of girls that wouldn't even look at you before surgery tried to interact with you after surgery?

At the moment when I start a relationship with a girl that I like I will automatically feel loyal and think about a relationship to the death, and I will never be the one that dumps a girl even if I see problems, and this might be because I know that I need to get lucky to have options. If I look more attractive after LL and have more options than before will that change the way I feel about relationships?

Body Builder

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2020, 01:37:00 PM »

I've lost a lot of my athletic abilities (about 15-20%) that has to do with feet (running, joging, kicking etc) and some of my stima when walking or running.

I gained a lot of self confidence, a nicer looking body (although more disproportionate) and the ability to be with some women that I couldn't at 1.68.

LL, although I had many troubles with a butcher doctor that wrecked my tendons and I did another surgery to fix most of them with a very good doctor, was a  very wise choice that I'll never regret.

a

• 5'9
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2020, 01:50:22 PM »

BodyBuilder,

Are you taking an optimistic look for those who will choose an experienced surgeon? Do you think they will also lose a lot of their athletic abilities? I know it depends. Just asking.
Also, do you think if you had the surgery with someone like Paley, or Rozbruch; would you keep your athleticism pretty well? maybe a slight loss?
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

Body Builder

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2020, 03:25:41 PM »

BodyBuilder,

Are you taking an optimistic look for those who will choose an experienced surgeon? Do you think they will also lose a lot of their athletic abilities? I know it depends. Just asking.
Also, do you think if you had the surgery with someone like Paley, or Rozbruch; would you keep your athleticism pretty well? maybe a slight loss?
If you don't lengthen much (less than 6cm) and everything goes fine then yes, maybe about 90% is posdible.
But with 8cm lengthenings, 2 LLs ĸregardless the lengthening) slight misalignments (many of LLers have), over 40-45 yo of  patient and many other instances then I think that 90% is not possible.
Still, at 80% you can function completely normal but not run fast, play sports like soccer etc.

I always say that after LL, your feet will never be the same. Still you can be completely normal and the added height in our society, if you are short or at max average height, outweighs by far the athletic loss, but if you are over 1,80 then you must have a mental illness to even think about LL.
And of course, there are always the risk to cripple yourself with LL, but with a good doctor and without doing stupid things (too much or fast lengthening etc) that risk is small.

Thats my 2 cents as maybe the most experienced, due to the years since I had my LL, veteran here.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2020, 04:13:06 PM »

If you don't lengthen much (less than 6cm) and everything goes fine then yes, maybe about 90% is posdible.
But with 8cm lengthenings, 2 LLs ĸregardless the lengthening) slight misalignments (many of LLers have), over 40-45 yo of  patient and many other instances then I think that 90% is not possible.
Still, at 80% you can function completely normal but not run fast, play sports like soccer etc.

I always say that after LL, your feet will never be the same. Still you can be completely normal and the added height in our society, if you are short or at max average height, outweighs by far the athletic loss, but if you are over 1,80 then you must have a mental illness to even think about LL.
And of course, there are always the risk to cripple yourself with LL, but with a good doctor and without doing stupid things (too much or fast lengthening etc) that risk is small.

Thats my 2 cents as maybe the most experienced, due to the years since I had my LL, veteran here.

Snooped your old posts. You said you really wanted to do Femurs to get to 5'10 or 5'11 in 2017.

Are you still planning on that sir? To do Femurs.

Or do you think 174 cm is respectable and anything more is simply about dating- in other words, if you didn't give a shiet about women would you be 100% satisfied at 174cm?

And appreciate the veterans like you  coming back to give advice.

User requested self-ban.

Hagane

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2020, 04:29:14 PM »

yeah we are really blessed to have members like bodybuilder stilll here
Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)

Body Builder

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2020, 05:30:00 PM »

Snooped your old posts. You said you really wanted to do Femurs to get to 5'10 or 5'11 in 2017.

Are you still planning on that sir? To do Femurs.

Or do you think 174 cm is respectable and anything more is simply about dating- in other words, if you didn't give a shiet about women would you be 100% satisfied at 174cm?

And appreciate the veterans like you  coming back to give advice.
I am 1.76 now. I am still not 100% satisfied so  no, at 1.74 I wouldn't too.
That said, if I were rich then yes I eould have done a femur LL eith Stryde but not now.
I can do a lot of more important things with 50k+ euros than gaining 6-7 cm.

At 1.68, LL was a necessity for me to live normal. At 1.76, it would have been an added benefit but not if I don't have too much money to not care afout 50k.

Than you for the kind words.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2020, 05:48:11 PM »

I am 1.76 now. I am still not 100% satisfied so  no, at 1.74 I wouldn't too.
That said, if I were rich then yes I eould have done a femur LL eith Stryde but not now.
I can do a lot of more important things with 50k+ euros than gaining 6-7 cm.

At 1.68, LL was a necessity for me to live normal. At 1.76, it would have been an added benefit but not if I don't have too much money to not care afout 50k.

Than you for the kind words.

Let's say you wanted to settle down and found a wife and stuff. Would you give a shiet about getting that extra femur lengthening or would it be absolutely unnecessary because now you don't date anymore.

Also do you have height neurosis at all anymore

Also may I ask why you are back on this forum Mr. BB? :)Just helping out and bored cuz covid and shiet eh?

And sorry for the interrogation. Not many old vets here, that's why I jump at opportunities like a cat on a mouse when I see an old vet.

User requested self-ban.

marathonrunner

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2020, 06:48:24 PM »

For me I still have pain/stiffness in the left knee after all the surgeries.

And my bones still aren’t fully consolidated yet so can’t really comment on the athleticism part but I use to be really active doing cross fit and calisthenics type stuff.

Now I’m just fat lol. Ate way too much pizza and fried chicken and whatever I felt like for a year and I’m just slowly getting my fat ass back into the gym.

But since I’m still not confident in how my legs will take under heavy weight most of my exercises have been stationary like bench press and stuff like that.

What did I gain? I dunno I still feel short. Approx 160- approx165 bleh. Was it worth it? Well at least in my case since I had so many surgeries and have so many scars and stuff, probably not. If I had it done right the first time then yea maybe.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2020, 10:44:01 PM »

Marathonrunner, that sucks alot. Honestly after you recover you should save up aggressively for Femurs stryde and do 8cm Femurs. May take years, but it is incredibly discouraging that you still feel short.

I am sorry brother. Especially after all the complications you went thru and had to go to Lee to get it fixed and stuff- all to still feel short. Sucks bro I definitely sympathize with you.

Def save for stryde Femurs imo. 173cm will 100% cure your height neurosis after living as a 160cm man your whole life. Zero doubt.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 11:37:00 PM by ghkid2019 »

User requested self-ban.

Body Builder

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2020, 12:04:00 AM »

Let's say you wanted to settle down and found a wife and stuff. Would you give a shiet about getting that extra femur lengthening or would it be absolutely unnecessary because now you don't date anymore.

Also do you have height neurosis at all anymore

Also may I ask why you are back on this forum Mr. BB? :)Just helping out and bored cuz covid and shiet eh?

And sorry for the interrogation. Not many old vets here, that's why I jump at opportunities like a cat on a mouse when I see an old vet.
I am currently at an age (almost 32) that I have found a lovely woman, 4 years younger, and I may settle down with her. So yes, if I finally marry with her I wouldn't care less about another LL, even if I had plenty of money.
As I said in another post, doing LL at my current height (1.76 on the morning and 1.75 most of the day) is only for having easier dates. I don't face any other kind of discrimination, men only say how big I am (due to muscles) and generally average height is great for an average man.
But if you want to stand out, at least easier, then being taller than average (not much) is important. And I always was that kind of man, I give much money for clothing and generally style (grooming etc) and work out hard. So for someone who tried that hard in every aspect, a height of 1.80+ would have helped a lot to really have easy dates as at least 90% of men lack in one aspect of the 4 major ones (height, style, face, fit body) so having all these 4 makes you to really stand out.
And except from height which is just average, I am good in the other three so I truly believe I would have had much easier dates being also tall.

As about why I am here, it is because I wanted to see the results of people doing LL with Stryde which I believe it is a revolution and the only way I would do another LL if I divorce with my current gf and really feel I want to go for a final round to cure completely my height neurosis, which is cured at about 60-70% but not completely, and I am sure it won't till I would become 1.80+.
And of course, to help fellow LL'ers by answering some questions that I know better due to the LL I already did and encourage our brothers that are doing it right now and really need encouragement to that difficult but brave lifechanging journey.

Keep strong.

marathonrunner

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2020, 03:17:57 AM »

Thanks Ghkid. Yea I am saving up now but I will probably only do 5cm in the femurs.

My wing span isn't very long lol. It is only around 162cm so at 165 now I am already more than my wingspan haha..

But yea I was thinking to do maybe 5cm to hit 170. I think for me that is my limit without looking like a trex.

Just me personally I still want to keep the proportions somewhat in check so I don't look too unnatural.

Hagane

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2020, 03:39:53 AM »

Thanks Ghkid. Yea I am saving up now but I will probably only do 5cm in the femurs.

My wing span isn't very long lol. It is only around 162cm so at 165 now I am already more than my wingspan haha..

But yea I was thinking to do maybe 5cm to hit 170. I think for me that is my limit without looking like a trex.

Just me personally I still want to keep the proportions somewhat in check so I don't look too unnatural.

who would you go with this time?
gained  55.55mm

marathonrunner

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2020, 06:03:15 PM »

Not too sure. It’s still years away. I don’t think I can drop that kind of money anytime soon.

Gotta invest it now esp with that big opportunity during coronavirus.

But it’ll be someone probably from the states since I plan to move back next year.

I mean.. unless by the time I want to do it I’m back in Asia for whatever reason.. but I guess it’ll probably be a doctor stateside.

Hagane

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2020, 06:04:58 PM »

Not too sure. It’s still years away. I don’t think I can drop that kind of money anytime soon.

Gotta invest it now esp with that big opportunity during coronavirus.

But it’ll be someone probably from the states since I plan to move back next year.

I mean.. unless by the time I want to do it I’m back in Asia for whatever reason.. but I guess it’ll probably be a doctor stateside.

which dr  did your inital operation again?
and was it dr lee in korea who fixed it?
gained  55.55mm

marathonrunner

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2020, 01:24:20 AM »

My initial stryde surgery was with Dr Singh in Singapore.

And my follow up surgeries were with Lee in Korea.

You can see some x rays ive put up in old posts both from Lee and Singh.

Sibirskiy

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2020, 02:01:21 AM »

If you have had this surgery and have been going about throughout your daily life, how has it been for you?

I dont wear shorts as often as i do due to scarring...currently seeing dermatologist to remove the scarring with hydroquinone and pigmentation of the scars getting much better. Other than that, no complaints...proportions are fine visually despite being geometrically not, cause noone has ever brought up questions like "why are your tibias so long?" etc.. keep in mind i did 8 cm bilateral tibias

How has it changed your life for the better?

I used to have anxiety meeting and and interacting with people taller than me....now that inferiority complex is completely gone...i am indifferent to  other peoples height now. Much less social anxiety as a result

What are the things you lost from doing this procedure?

Lost a lot of time, physical strength and (which is commonly overlooked) mental strength...but have regained all that I have lost with time...seriously. It took me about 2 years of to feel like I am 100% back to where I was ij all 3 of those aspects. Was diagnosed with depression after the surgery and was on antidepressants for half a year..side effects were nasty so I stopped. I discovered daily exercise was much better for my mood so currently that has helped me with mental health

Any loss of athleticism and nagging injuries?

Tbh absolutely none. It will take time, but I am sure if u are consistent for a very long tme u will get back 100% (and provided u didnt see a quack who doesnt know what hes doing). Again, comingnfrom a guy who did 8 cm tibias.

I have always been into aerobic fitness more than anything else. Currently I run 1 hour daily at a speed of 7-8 km/h average with cadence of 150..iow thats quite good. Cant say much about weight lifting etc simply because ive never invested time to doing them. Im not trying to impress anyone with big muscles anyway, i think investing in a good heart that can last a lifetime is a better use of my time.

Has your social life gotten better? Have you moved up in your career? Was the cost worth it for you?
Yes my social life is better cause I am less anxious. Ive always been an introvert, still am, but for me its not an issue, I am content with my social circle and dont feel the need to force myself to socialise that much. Career is good, height didnt change it much. Cost was definitely worth it but I could have used my time more judiciously for a faster recovery I suppose

Hope you pursue whats best for you, friend :)

176 cm before
184 cm after
Diary (LATN Dec 2016-March 2017, 8.0cm) :  http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4403.0
Post CLL thoughts (Audio logs): http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4859.0

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2020, 03:25:23 AM »

If you have had this surgery and have been going about throughout your daily life, how has it been for you?

I dont wear shorts as often as i do due to scarring...currently seeing dermatologist to remove the scarring with hydroquinone and pigmentation of the scars getting much better. Other than that, no complaints...proportions are fine visually despite being geometrically not, cause noone has ever brought up questions like "why are your tibias so long?" etc.. keep in mind i did 8 cm bilateral tibias

How has it changed your life for the better?

I used to have anxiety meeting and and interacting with people taller than me....now that inferiority complex is completely gone...i am indifferent to  other peoples height now. Much less social anxiety as a result

What are the things you lost from doing this procedure?

Lost a lot of time, physical strength and (which is commonly overlooked) mental strength...but have regained all that I have lost with time...seriously. It took me about 2 years of to feel like I am 100% back to where I was ij all 3 of those aspects. Was diagnosed with depression after the surgery and was on antidepressants for half a year..side effects were nasty so I stopped. I discovered daily exercise was much better for my mood so currently that has helped me with mental health

Any loss of athleticism and nagging injuries?

Tbh absolutely none. It will take time, but I am sure if u are consistent for a very long tme u will get back 100% (and provided u didnt see a quack who doesnt know what hes doing). Again, comingnfrom a guy who did 8 cm tibias.

I have always been into aerobic fitness more than anything else. Currently I run 1 hour daily at a speed of 7-8 km/h average with cadence of 150..iow thats quite good. Cant say much about weight lifting etc simply because ive never invested time to doing them. Im not trying to impress anyone with big muscles anyway, i think investing in a good heart that can last a lifetime is a better use of my time.

Has your social life gotten better? Have you moved up in your career? Was the cost worth it for you?
Yes my social life is better cause I am less anxious. Ive always been an introvert, still am, but for me its not an issue, I am content with my social circle and dont feel the need to force myself to socialise that much. Career is good, height didnt change it much. Cost was definitely worth it but I could have used my time more judiciously for a faster recovery I suppose

Hope you pursue whats best for you, friend :)

Thanks for sharing this. It very insightful, and thanks for coming back even tho u did this surgery 3/4 years ago. Much appreciated
That's the ultimate goal, removing the inferiority complex/height neurosis. I'm happy you got what you want, not even the height but simply the mental aspect, which is what matters, less anxiety and everything.

Cheers bro.

User requested self-ban.

a

• 5'9
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2020, 09:04:33 AM »

8 cm on tibs.. holy sh*t.. you are like a LL Hero, I can tell.
Despite the dangerous amount, you seem to be better than ever. I'm happy for you.

Best Regards
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

Hagane

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2020, 09:38:56 PM »

would you consider going to Lee again for femurs?
gained  55.55mm

Ronman

« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2020, 11:07:15 AM »

Worse: Partner left me as I became an egoistic  , I have very strange pains in my ankles sometimes, but nothing drastic. My running is funny but not painful. Just a but awkward. Everyone noticed, especially my family, was very hard to hide. Even friends who hadn't seen me in 10 years.

Height really isn't everything women look for in a partner, but holy   does it make a massive difference. But don't let it get to your head. It's a lot like steroids the attention and situations surely will improve but don't become a prick because of it.

Things like this are fascinating for me to read.

This dude has a rotation at 171 cm and me at 173cm thinks I can't get women now.

I'm good looking for the first time in years after losing 10kg, but socially awkward.

Shows I have much more to correct and improve with myself before I even think about height
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up