Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it possible to grow "width" wise (shoulders)  (Read 2064 times)

SkyHigh77

• Visitor
Re: Is it possible to grow "width" wise (shoulders)
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2020, 12:50:31 AM »

There are only 4 ways to make your shoulders broader.
 if you feel your shoulders could be wider there's some options.
1. Go to the gym and start lifting to widen your upper body. Add as much muscle mass + Testosterone
2. Add implants to your delts to give the illusion to broader shoulders
3. Fat transfer from other parts of the body to shoulders (this is common among body builders-only go for top plastic surgerons for this)

4. Clavicle lengthening is the final. The widening the bone kind of like leg-lengthening but for the clavicle. Only two doctors I think do it. Dr Eppley and Dr. Leif from Beverly Hills
apparently clavicle surgery is common among females who want to shorten but the opposite can be done. It does leave a scar unless you take care of that immediately and is diligent with minimizing

You should try to add bulk regardless you get the surgery or not

a

• 5'9
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2020, 08:22:14 AM »

Thank you for the nice information Sky,

I think clavicle lengthening would be extremely dangerous so I don't think I'd ever do it. But at least you understood what I want unlike the other people. I don't want an actual "broad shoulders" I want an actual "long clavicle" so my shoulders would be broad. But seems like we can't do anything except putting weight on as ghkid said. But that's not practical, as he also said which I agree.
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

NotSoBigBadBruin

« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2020, 07:49:02 AM »

Thank you for the nice information Sky,

I think clavicle lengthening would be extremely dangerous so I don't think I'd ever do it. But at least you understood what I want unlike the other people. I don't want an actual "broad shoulders" I want an actual "long clavicle" so my shoulders would be broad. But seems like we can't do anything except putting weight on as ghkid said. But that's not practical, as he also said which I agree.

Why is it not practical?

a

• 5'9
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2020, 09:10:22 AM »

It might not work and how exactly are you going to weigh bear with your shoulders lol?

NotSoBigBadBruin

« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2020, 01:51:22 PM »

It might not work and how exactly are you going to weigh bear with your shoulders lol?

Of course it’s going to work. I was super skinny as a teenager. When I was 21, I bought a rowing machine and a pull-up bar. After about a year, people started asking me why my shoulders were so broad.

a

• 5'9
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2020, 01:56:48 PM »

Hmm how much sets and reps do you think I should do? I'm not even 21 yo, maybe it'd work for me better. (pull ups)

a

• 5'9
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2020, 02:01:14 PM »

Also I hope your clavicle (the actual bone) got wider. Not bc of the muscles.

Hagane

« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2020, 04:51:18 PM »

any time you hold a weight over your head your putting a load on your shoulders.
Wolff's Law says that l bone n will adapt to the stress under which it is placed.
so by working it out the stress should cause the shoulders to widenn

look at young gymnasts and swimmers. sure theyre muscular but theyre frames are usually a little wider too.
definetly try adding all the lifts you can, try adding in overhead press and handstand pushups in addition to the pullups and rowing
Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)

NotSoBigBadBruin

« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2020, 05:56:48 PM »

Hmm how much sets and reps do you think I should do? I'm not even 21 yo, maybe it'd work for me better. (pull ups)

To be honest, I think I always did it wrong. I usually did as many reps as I could and about ten sets. Maybe some of the bodybuilders here can tell us what’s the best number of reps and sets.

Also I hope your clavicle (the actual bone) got wider. Not bc of the muscles.

I’m pretty sure it did. I haven’t done pull-ups in quite a while and am back to being skinny, but my shoulders are still much broader than they used to be.

a

• 5'9
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2020, 08:26:55 PM »

Is wolfs law also valid whilst your growth plates are fused?

Hagane

« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2020, 08:41:45 PM »

Is wolfs law also valid whilst your growth plates are fused?

collarbones dont fully mature until 25
gained  55.55mm

a

• 5'9
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2020, 09:22:27 PM »

For the average maybe, but I've had a weird puberty. I had nothing, within a year I grew up like 4-5 inches and as soon as I grew suddenly I started to grow a beard. I feel like my whole body is corrupt rn. I feel like this is what I'm gonna be for the rest of my life. I hadn't have a good puberty, like growing regularly every year. Nope, just a year then I was done lol. Haven't grown as my shoulders for the past 3 years anyway. Not even a single mm.

Body Builder

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2020, 10:23:20 PM »

Does it lengthen the bone?
I am not asking about winning a bodybuilding context, I mean getting the actual bone longer, real and measurable length, not appearance.

I have trained at gym a lot of years after that, I have abandoned it due my short height deception, I don't want to train my muscles if I don't become taller first. I know that it can be useful, but weight training it's too difficult for me now. :(
You are 1.73 and stopped training because you are short?
And you want a surgery to lengthen your clavicles instead of building muscles?

You seem to have some big mental issues.
Clavicle lengthening is only for psychos, and also no respectable doctors do it (for a reason of course).
Have luck with it.

And the same goes for anyone who want to become bigger without effort.
Becoming big and muscular wants sacrifices and high efforts.
It is not for kids.

a

• 5'9
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2020, 04:06:54 PM »

technically having a wider clavicle is an insane advantage, Half skinny guys who are just average look tiny. But I'ce seen a lot of half skinny tall guys, they still looked wide lol. It's all due to their clavicle width. But yes, I'd never lengthen my clavicle though.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2020, 04:30:55 PM »

Only by building muscles.
If you are a skinny one then steroids is the only way to go to have big shoulders, although I don't agree with that. Especially people who don't train for years won't see much difference even with steroids.

I thought people who just start working out will see results the fastest? Compared to someone who is already far into body building, he will have to work much harder to see smaller gains, or will have reached his genetic peak already. It takes much more work to go from 80% to 100% than from 0 to 50%.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Polvorón

« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2020, 09:59:58 PM »

4. Clavicle lengthening is the final. The widening the bone kind of like leg-lengthening but for the clavicle. Only two doctors I think do it. Dr Eppley and Dr. Leif from Beverly Hills
apparently clavicle surgery is common among females who want to shorten but the opposite can be done. It does leave a scar unless you take care of that immediately and is diligent with minimizing
Thank you, maybe it is difficult, but I think that it's better because it changes your skeleton, so you will look better after death or in X-rays too.
You should try to add bulk regardless you get the surgery or not
I am not interested in bodybuilding for now, I know that it is not a bad idea, but... not for me. :(
Note: at this moment I'm only a "pretender", I want to know more about this interesting procedure. Hopping to become 185 cm (6'1'') from 174 cm (5'8 ½''), but it is too expensive.
My sitting height is 92½ - 94 cm (36''½ 37''), my length of legs is 81 cm (32'') and my armspan is 180 cm (70'' 7/8).

Hagane

« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2020, 10:29:35 PM »

Thank you, maybe it is difficult, but I think that it's better because it changes your skeleton, so you will look better after death or in X-rays too.I am not interested in bodybuilding for now, I know that it is not a bad idea, but... not for me. :(

not bodybuilding per se but you should definelty focus on increasing muscle mass.
 if you do decide to go through with the LL procedure, you definitely need to improve your physical fitness. otherwise you are setting yourself up for failure. getting your walking back to normal will take MUCH longer and if you lack upper body strength, then you will struggle with a walker or crutches 
gained  55.55mm

Megaman(blueboy)

« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2020, 11:05:20 PM »

Sooo thats a no go on the clavicle surgery?

Body Builder

« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2020, 01:08:00 AM »

I thought people who just start working out will see results the fastest? Compared to someone who is already far into body building, he will have to work much harder to see smaller gains, or will have reached his genetic peak already. It takes much more work to go from 80% to 100% than from 0 to 50%.
Well said.
But some skinny dudes will never have respectable muscles if they don't juice.
However, I am against taking aas for only aesthetical reasons.

The majority of men though will see good results with weightlifting. But they need to be consistent and always make a big effort to get bigger and bigger.

cyborg4life

« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2020, 04:15:42 PM »

Yeah genetically if you don't have wide clavicles, the only way to "look wider" is to add muscle to your shoulders, lats, serratus, and taper your waist. Also I agree with @wannabeidol, being in decent shape prior can drastically improve your rehab and recovery from surgery. Don't have to be huge, but fit helps and gets you into a good routine for the onslaught of post-op rehab
Your friendly neighborhood Cyborg spreading LL awareness
https://cyborg4life.com/
YouTube: Cyborg 4 Life

Polvorón

« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2020, 04:52:04 PM »

I cannot do weightlifting, I feel that people fooled me about it, they said that it would make me forget my lack of height, and after 10 years I started to feel that it was a waste of time and money. I cannot return if I am not tall first, I don't want to be fooled again. I don't want to be short and strong, only tall and strong.

Also, width gained with muscles can be lost if you stop weightlifting, it's fake width (for me), width gained making the bones longer is for ever.

I understand that having strong muscles can be helpful, but... I was fooled about that, It will be difficult to do weightlifting again, maybe some aerobic exercises. :(

Never say "go to the gym" when someone is not satisfied with its stature.
Note: at this moment I'm only a "pretender", I want to know more about this interesting procedure. Hopping to become 185 cm (6'1'') from 174 cm (5'8 ½''), but it is too expensive.
My sitting height is 92½ - 94 cm (36''½ 37''), my length of legs is 81 cm (32'') and my armspan is 180 cm (70'' 7/8).

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2020, 05:06:02 PM »

True, sometimes going to the gym really won't help the height neurosis/insecurities.

However, going to the gym can make you more confident. Perhaps not enough to forget the bad things about being short, but enough so that you won't be completely obssessed and extremely insecure about height.

Basically, it's still a good thing to be short and buff and still insecure, than be short and insecure and out of shape. 😁
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

a

• 5'9
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2020, 06:55:26 PM »

Yeah, the clavicle widthnening also would increase your armspan. Not just about muscles and illusion.

Hagane

« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2020, 08:07:21 PM »

I cannot do weightlifting, I feel that people fooled me about it, they said that it would make me forget my lack of height, and after 10 years I started to feel that it was a waste of time and money. I cannot return if I am not tall first, I don't want to be fooled again. I don't want to be short and strong, only tall and strong.

Also, width gained with muscles can be lost if you stop weightlifting, it's fake width (for me), width gained making the bones longer is for ever.

I understand that having strong muscles can be helpful, but... I was fooled about that, It will be difficult to do weightlifting again, maybe some aerobic exercises. :(

Never say "go to the gym" when someone is not satisfied with its stature.

look were not saying go to the gym to feel better about your stature
were saying GET FIT OR YOUR LIMBLENGTHENING PROCEDURE WILL BE MUCH MORE DIFFICULT

like i understand that your stature is placing a mental block on getting other stuff done. but strengthening your whole body is an important step in preparing for the LL procedure.
ultimately its up to you its just advice. however if you do decide to go through with the surgery and struggle with pain and weight bearing, thats on you
gained  55.55mm

Hagane

« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2020, 08:15:18 PM »

Yeah, the clavicle widthnening also would increase your armspan. Not just about muscles and illusion.

heres the thing, when it comes to strength training (especially in the realm of LL) there are no downsides to getting fitter and bigger shoulders/ more muscle. being fitter will simply improve your quality of life.

the thing here that people who dont exercise dont realise is: putting on muscle takes WORK, its not something that'll happen over night. its a LONG TERM INVESTMENT
yes it ultimatly wont make your arm span bigger, but it will still make your frame wider.
yes its sucks that you dont have a wider frame/clavicles. now the question is: what are you gonna do about it? are  you gonna waste your time on an internet limblengthening forum whining and crying while nothing gets done? or are you gonna take active steps towards fixing your issue?
gained  55.55mm

NotSoBigBadBruin

« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2020, 09:12:23 PM »

Thank you, maybe it is difficult, but I think that it's better because it changes your skeleton, so you will look better after death or in X-rays too.

You’re right, that’s a huge advantage! 😂

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2020, 10:47:33 PM »

heres the thing, when it comes to strength training (especially in the realm of LL) there are no downsides to getting fitter and bigger shoulders/ more muscle. being fitter will simply improve your quality of life.

the thing here that people who dont exercise dont realise is: putting on muscle takes WORK, its not something that'll happen over night. its a LONG TERM INVESTMENT
yes it ultimatly wont make your arm span bigger, but it will still make your frame wider.
yes its sucks that you dont have a wider frame/clavicles. now the question is: what are you gonna do about it? are  you gonna waste your time on an internet limblengthening forum whining and crying while nothing gets done? or are you gonna take active steps towards fixing your issue?
Yea the more I go on here I realize pitying yourself literally no one gives a shiet lol. The more you feel bad for yourself and whine it's like bro ok reincarnation doesn't exist so what u want us to do about it XD?
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

a

• 5'9
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2020, 05:06:27 PM »

No, you misunderstood me! Of course lifting will make you look wayyyyy better than skinny version of yourself. I was just wondering and wanted to talk about this topic. I'm not crying, I just wish I had wider shoulders, but i'm not obsessed or anything. Would never do clavicle widthnening even it was free.

Ik a lot of people with muscle mass and they look like beasts. They don't have a wide clavicle, they just lift. It still looks good.

My aim was to hit the gym in the first place! But I got more important things going on so, i scheduled it for later. Probably after a year from now on.
also thank you for your answer wannabeidol, you always help me.

Best Regards

a

• 5'9
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2020, 05:09:29 PM »

Also what do you guys think about bicycling? I just bought a new one and I'm regularly cycling around the block. I think it's going to improve my leg muscles. My legs suck now lol. Sometimes after taking a sh-t I can't even stand still. My legs are weak.

I'm planning to keep my bicycling routine for a year. I think there would be a huge difference. But the question is, would it really get you "ready" for CLL? I think stretching at home and bicycling would be a great combo. 15 min stretching max, per day. No biggie.

Hagane

« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2020, 05:59:25 PM »

cycling is a exercise. if you can do some sprints or HIIT with it youll be very good!
once again start hitting your upper body! youll need the strength for walker/transfering!

i dont know what you look like but the leaner you get the better ( i think you said you were already very lean )
but i think if you can add in yoga and meditation that will help get you ready mentally
gained  55.55mm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up