Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MTN (manual telescopic nail), An Iranian version of internal rods  (Read 102 times)

chasingthedream

• Visitor
  • Life is the movie, and you are the director.

Hey there LL community.

There's an orthopedic surgeon in Iran called Dr.nader motallebizadeh, and he's been doing LL since 2001 and has had over 350 patients, at least that's what he claims but i think he is legit. He does mostly LON and recently LATN on this patients.about 2 years ago, he introduced an internal rod made by his R&D team. It's called MTN- manual telescopic nail. He claims it is superior and cheaper relative to other current internal methods, such as fitbone and percise. Here's a link to his website explaining this invention: https://www.llcigroup.com/en/tal.aspx?Code=1

I have couple of questions regarding internal methods for tibia lengthening:

I'm planning to lengthen the tibia for 5 cm and kinda scared about external methods since it can cause problems such as infection, not being comfortable while walking, sleeping and etc.
1/What problems can be caused by internal nails?
2/Are all the internal nails inserted the same way into the tibia?
3/Is there extra surgery for nail removal?

Ty

ghkid2019

• Height neurosis is a shítty thing.
Re: MTN (manual telescopic nail), An Iranian version of internal rods
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 11:56:37 AM »

1) reaming of the canal in tibia is and can be associated with permanent knee pain

2)usually from.the knee cap area , sometimes rarely slightly below

3) yes
You don't need others approval to do what YOU KNOW is necessary to live a fulfilling life.

Body Builder

Re: MTN (manual telescopic nail), An Iranian version of internal rods
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 12:00:58 PM »

I can't trust any doctor of a third world country, moreover who has his own nail.
Saying that a worldwide unknown nail is better than precise (not even Stryde) is a joke.

If you are from Iran and want to get LL with that doctor, do external tibias which is the safest way and many doctors are really experienced with that.
Don't risk puting an unknown nail in your feet from a doctor of a third world country.
Pages: [1]   Go Up