Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MTN (manual telescopic nail), An Iranian version of internal rods  (Read 1408 times)

Jokerhastowait2022

Hey there LL community.

There's an orthopedic surgeon in Iran called Dr.nader motallebizadeh, and he's been doing LL since 2001 and has had over 350 patients, at least that's what he claims but i think he is legit. He does mostly LON and recently LATN on this patients.about 2 years ago, he introduced an internal rod made by his R&D team. It's called MTN- manual telescopic nail. He claims it is superior and cheaper relative to other current internal methods, such as fitbone and percise. Here's a link to his website explaining this invention: https://www.llcigroup.com/en/tal.aspx?Code=1

I have couple of questions regarding internal methods for tibia lengthening:

I'm planning to lengthen the tibia for 5 cm and kinda scared about external methods since it can cause problems such as infection, not being comfortable while walking, sleeping and etc.
1/What problems can be caused by internal nails?
2/Are all the internal nails inserted the same way into the tibia?
3/Is there extra surgery for nail removal?

Ty

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
Re: MTN (manual telescopic nail), An Iranian version of internal rods
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 11:56:37 AM »

1) reaming of the canal in tibia is and can be associated with permanent knee pain

2)usually from.the knee cap area , sometimes rarely slightly below

3) yes
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

Body Builder

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 12:00:58 PM »

I can't trust any doctor of a third world country, moreover who has his own nail.
Saying that a worldwide unknown nail is better than precise (not even Stryde) is a joke.

If you are from Iran and want to get LL with that doctor, do external tibias which is the safest way and many doctors are really experienced with that.
Don't risk puting an unknown nail in your feet from a doctor of a third world country.

184dream

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2020, 08:31:24 PM »

Body builder hey man what do you think of internal tibial does ut realy cause knee pain
Another thing why does ballerina foot happen with tibia lengthning does it depend on the amount of lenthning

Jokerhastowait2022

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2020, 02:13:09 PM »

Hello to dear LL'res!

I've been researching LL for a little over 3 months now, and been considering it seriously. Since I can't get this surgery done outside of Iran because of
various reasons, I've decided to go with the most known local doctor. His name is Dr.Nader motallebizadeh who is the director of limb lengthening center of Iran(LLCI in short). He's been involved in limb lengthening for cosmetic or deformity correction purposes for nearly 20 years now. I had a consultation with him a week ago, and he seemed to be very confident in what he does. He performs 4 different techniques of lengthening: LON, LATN, MTN, and ETN.
I'm sure you all are familiar with LON and LATN, but what caught my interest was the MTN method which his team has been working on for almost 3 years now. MTN stands for Manual Telescopic Nail which is a full weight-bearing custom made internal nail whose lengthening mechanism is done manually without use of internal motors. I recently promised to share some photos and videos demonstrating how this nail works, So here it is!

Feel free to ask any questions you might have

Here's how it looks:
https://ibb.co/qnk7TtM
Walking 2 weeks after surgery:
https://gofile.io/d/5vrhEH
Doctor checkups:
https://gofile.io/d/3XNeA6
Lengthening Mechanism:
https://gofile.io/d/pSdyGp

I will soon interview some patients who have already gone through this procedure with this nail and ask them primarily about the reliability of the Nail. Will keep you guys updated.

Best regards,
Chasingthedream

exceeding2meters

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2020, 02:24:15 PM »

You are a shill for that doctor no doubt
I tell you now, I am the one to survive
No one can stop my faith or my STRYDE!!

Jokerhastowait2022

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2020, 02:28:12 PM »

I'm not paid to do any of this. I'm considering this surgery myself and will post diaries when the time comes. I'm simply trying to inform and give back to the community about the things I've learned. I obtained uploaded footage and pictures from the Website and Instagram account of the mentioned doctor, I'm not advocating this doctor in any way, and want to share with you  the things I learned about him and his team.

Ascending

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2020, 04:27:16 PM »

It's an interesting device.  The lengthening screw protruding from the leg has the benefit that lengthening is fully controllable like externals.  There is no ERC, magnets, gears or other potential failure points.  The simplicity is appealing.  However, the protruding screw does present a significant risk of infection but a lot less than external fixators.  It would be interesting to know about the nails  weight bearing specification.

Jokerhastowait2022

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2020, 06:56:40 PM »

Hello Ascending!

Yeah it truly is an interesting Nail. Currently, I'm talking to patients who have already done the surgery with this Nail and gathering information about the Nail through doctor's assistant. If you have any questions regarding the Nail, you can feel free to write them here so I can ask them.

Best wishes,
Chasingthedream

Ascending

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2020, 01:07:09 PM »

Hello Ascending!

Yeah it truly is an interesting Nail. Currently, I'm talking to patients who have already done the surgery with this Nail and gathering information about the Nail through doctor's assistant. If you have any questions regarding the Nail, you can feel free to write them here so I can ask them.

Best wishes,
Chasingthedream

Here are some questions:

• How much weight can the nail bear - I note that all walking examples are with a frame so not much I would guess.
  • How many patients had screw site infection?  And how did they recover?
  • Can the screw be used to reverse the lengthening if needed for example in the case of non-fusion?
  • How much do patients lengthen per day?  And how long does it take - I would guess this could be slow as you would not want to heat up the screw.
  • Is the nail only available for tibia lengthening?

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2020, 11:58:45 PM »

I'm not paid to do any of this. I'm considering this surgery myself and will post diaries when the time comes. I'm simply trying to inform and give back to the community about the things I've learned. I obtained uploaded footage and pictures from the Website and Instagram account of the mentioned doctor, I'm not advocating this doctor in any way, and want to share with you  the things I learned about him and his team.

Hello chasingthedream,

Could not find Dr. Motalebizadeh's website. Is he part of this limb lengthening team: https://irhto.com/our-doctors/#     ?

Starting [Morning] Height: 172.5 cm, Ending: 180.5
SNC - Femurs' Stryde Nail Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65337.0

SpeedDialer

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2020, 01:03:44 AM »

Hey Chasing! Good on your journey and be sure to post your diary!

Moremore

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2021, 05:32:10 AM »

This is indeed a more interesting device. It is a device between monorail lon and betzbone or fitbone. It can bear weight, but I can’t find any data about it, such as how much weight it can bear and its diameter. Size, what material is it made of? Steel or titanium alloy? They posted some patient videos on YouTube, Facebook and Instagram. These people used this MTN device, including using this device on the femur, but I couldn’t find any operation diaries about these patients. The possible reason is that they came from Iran, and the tension between the United States and Iran has caused very few people from European and American countries to go to Iran for surgery, so no one keeps a diary of surgery. Similar options include Turkey and India, both of which are cheap surgical options. These countries have many surgical diaries. Maybe these diaries contain fake diaries, but at least there are some real diaries.
Today i searched for Dr.M on the Internet, but found that there are countless different contact numbers or different WhatsApp. Each contact number is really different. I am puzzled as to which one is Dr. M’s company and how can there be so many The phone number of the intermediary company? And all of them are completely different numbers.today I tried to contact a person who said he was one of the patients of this doctor. I chatted with him for a while and found out that he is also an agent. Who else can we trust? There are fake surgery diaries everywhere.
Pages: [1]   Go Up