Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about HGH  (Read 680 times)

TheDream

Question about HGH
« on: February 09, 2023, 04:14:41 PM »

Does anyone know if HGH injections can increase the final height of a person if taken at a young enough age or whether it would simply make you reach your final height faster?

I’ve heard conflicting reports mentioning both outcomes.

This question is purely out of curiosity.

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!
Re: Question about HGH
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2023, 04:19:15 PM »

It can't change your genetic height because it does nothing to your genes.

And, it is very costly, 99% of people can't afford for it.

And it has potiential fatal risks like Diabetes, etc.

But if you are diagnosed with HGH deficiency, and other non-genetic serious problems that make you short, HGH will be prescribed for you, but responsible doctors will not prescribe to you if you are not under -2SD of average height if it is not HGH deficiency.(Even if you are they will also probably not prescribe to you. I know a case)
I love STEM, Philosophy and Classics!

TheDream

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2023, 05:38:06 PM »

It can't change your genetic height because it does nothing to your genes.

That’s the interesting question though because is the genetic potential linked to the natural production of HGH?

Because some people that have thyroid problems and produce massive amounts tend to become gigantic.

RealLostSoul

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2023, 01:52:26 AM »

Yes it does. The hormonal balance is just one expression of your genes. If it would not gigantism would not be a side effect of pituitary gland tumours for example. However, no sane doctor or any sane person would give a kid with a healthy hormone status HGH to make them taller. The side effects can be very dangerous and nothing worth any height increase.
Aromatase inhibitors can prolong the growth phase and change the final height too but that also has dangerous risks.

Overall I am happy I did not do any stupid stuff when I was a teenager. LL is much healthier (as crazy as that sounds) and better than messing with your hormones and potentially even get some heart issues etc.

Sorcerer

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2023, 01:21:50 PM »

Yes it does. The hormonal balance is just one expression of your genes. If it would not gigantism would not be a side effect of pituitary gland tumours for example. However, no sane doctor or any sane person would give a kid with a healthy hormone status HGH to make them taller. The side effects can be very dangerous and nothing worth any height increase.
Aromatase inhibitors can prolong the growth phase and change the final height too but that also has dangerous risks.

Overall I am happy I did not do any stupid stuff when I was a teenager. LL is much healthier (as crazy as that sounds) and better than messing with your hormones and potentially even get some heart issues etc.
In China particularly in Zhejiang Jiangsu and Shanghai there are relatively many parents injecting HGH to their kids even if they are healthy. I also saw BaiduTieba, either be them advertisers, charlatans or else, there are some people recommending HGH as long as they are short. I hope those kids will be getting well... It seems to me the industry here is not caring about children's healths, only their money.

TheDream

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2023, 01:25:14 PM »

I was thinking maybe it is not how much HGH you are producing while growing that determines final height, but something more complex like how sensitive your cells are to the HGH and other hormones.

The risks are enlarged organs right? And maybe messing up the bodies natural hormone production? I’m guessing if your receptors arent as sensitive for skeletal growth but maybe organs are more sensitive so for every inch of height you’d have a more enlarged organ than someone tall with natural body.

Sorcerer

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2023, 01:41:04 PM »

I was thinking maybe it is not how much HGH you are producing while growing that determines final height, but something more complex like how sensitive your cells are to the HGH and other hormones.

The risks are enlarged organs right? And maybe messing up the bodies natural hormone production? I’m guessing if your receptors arent as sensitive for skeletal growth but maybe organs are more sensitive so for every inch of height you’d have a more enlarged organ than someone tall with natural body.
Well yeah how much HGH indeed is determined by your genes but if you inject HGH there will be problems because it is not the HGH that your genes are programmed to produce.

I guess there are two reasons:

1.HGH is not the natural hormone that our bodies produce after all, so it is still different from the natural hormones, which invokes the potiential risks.

2.The amount of how much HGH should be produced and achieved is programmed by our genes, so you can't break the rules.

RealLostSoul

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2023, 10:46:18 PM »

There are numerous side effects just do a quick google search.

Yes of course what you described plays a role too. Height is a polygenic trait. Meaning multiple   genes together form one trait.
Pages: [1]   Go Up