Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CLL affect on muscle size & strength  (Read 620 times)

racecarworm

CLL affect on muscle size & strength
« on: December 02, 2020, 05:34:30 AM »

Hey everyone :) I'm considering CLL in December with Mahboubian. I love lifting and am worried about CLL's side-effects. I'm 100% sure I'll lose a lot of muscle mass and I'm actually sorta down to start over skinny asf. However, would it affect my strength potential? Would I be able to hit the same weight on heavy singles or PR's after CLL? I'm 17 in December with fully fused growth plates, very athletic and wrestle at a collegiate level. I don't plan on wrestling in college, so muscle response time and athleticism wouldn't be too important. I believe longer femurs would help with my deadlift even.

SartBimpson

Re: CLL affect on muscle size & strength
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020, 05:45:38 AM »

Hey everyone :) I'm considering CLL in December with Mahboubian. I love lifting and am worried about CLL's side-effects. I'm 100% sure I'll lose a lot of muscle mass and I'm actually sorta down to start over skinny asf. However, would it affect my strength potential? Would I be able to hit the same weight on heavy singles or PR's after CLL? I'm 17 in December with fully fused growth plates, very athletic and wrestle at a collegiate level. I don't plan on wrestling in college, so muscle response time and athleticism wouldn't be too important. I believe longer femurs would help with my deadlift even.

You shouldn't be on the forum if you're under 18.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2020, 05:52:59 AM »

You won't lose that much muscle getting LL, and it will come back pretty easily and quickly.

If you lengthen femurs, your glutes will be farther from your base when you do deadlifts, so that would make them more difficult.  But maybe that's good, you'll get a harder leg workout from less weight.  Your body doesn't know how much it's lifting, only how hard it's working.

I don't know what heavy singles and PR's are.

I got hypergrowth in my calves, especially the tibialis anterior muscles (the big bulges there now are very noticeable), because the altered biomechanics of my legs gives me such a workout just from walking.  The circumference of my leg at mid-calf is only about 2 inches less than the circumference at mid-thigh now.

racecarworm

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2020, 06:13:04 AM »

u an opp fr
nah but mahboubian says he performs these procedures as long as the growth plates are confirmed to be closed

racecarworm

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2020, 06:14:46 AM »

sorry, forgot to specify, sumo deadlifts. And what I meant by heavy singles was that I was worried about not being able to recover to a weight I could handle prior to the surgery.

exceeding2meters

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2020, 08:01:21 AM »

It is safe to assume that you won't be able to get the same PRs as pre LL

Best to help you in this matter is @Bodybuilder
I tell you now, I am the one to survive
No one can stop my faith or my STRYDE!!

F_99

• Height Communist
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2020, 10:42:59 AM »

Of course you'll be able to hit and surpass current PRs years after the procedure is completed unless the surgery goes terribly or something. At 17 you are not even close to your natty strength limits, no matter how long you've been training.

As for
However, would it affect my strength potential?

Yeah, your strength potential will be reduced when it comes to deadlifts (glutes and hamstrings) and squats (quads and glutes). Having shorter femurs alone relative to BH is helpful for these excercises, less torque applied.

Sumo squat+deadlift and generally lifting with 'legs more open' is popular among long leg-ed/taller guys.

Looking for an alternative.

Tartar

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2020, 01:25:44 PM »

Long femur is a mechanical disadvantage for squats and deadlift, there’s nothing to do about it. Long femur is an advantage, in the sport, for activities like leg extension or for cycling.
For what concern the strength, in a femur lengthening and in a young age, it’s possible to be back with an higher strength (due to an increased muscle mass in a longer bone) but for the activities you talked about a short femur and long torso is always the best configuration to balance the body, this implies a worse “setup”.
Risks in LL are for the most about gaining back the same reflexes. It’s like when a professional football player gets injured in a major trauma. You can’t know if he’ll be back at 100% of his potential or if he’ll have some decrease in his ability.
Pages: [1]   Go Up