Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How did your parents approach to CLL?  (Read 426 times)

a

• 5'9
How did your parents approach to CLL?
« on: September 12, 2020, 01:45:19 PM »

What was your parents' reactions when you told them about cosmetic limb lengthening surgery?

Personally, I'm lucky that I have a very understanding mother who believes in energy and sh*t, she's been giving me great advices about how I could change my perspective and not be unhappy due to my height etc, she's been trying to make me love my image.
Since the only thing matters for her is my happiness, she approachs the surgery in a good way. She knows it's risky, she's too much scared but she says "If you think you'll be happy, I'm on your side."

I haven't told about this to my dad yet, he'll probably strongly not recommend it. But he'll calm down after a while I suppose.

Best Regards

height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

BelowTheMean

Re: How did your parents approach to CLL?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2020, 06:08:22 PM »

I might tell them when I show up three inches taller... or I might just let them think they shrunk.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

AppleFanBoy

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2020, 06:15:08 PM »

I won't tell them really. Lol... If they figure out then oh well!   :-X

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2020, 07:11:34 PM »

Like apple macbook fan boy and below the mean said, yeah I'll probably either tell them afterwards or let em figure it out cuz they gonna know one way or anotha. You cannot fool a mother who has raised you for 20+ years. Mommy and daddy will notice no matter what.
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

Hagane

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2020, 07:48:55 PM »

i went the other route, told my mother. shes supportive and insists on being there for recovery <3
Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)

precice strider

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2020, 08:59:44 PM »

Mostly a C&P from my other thread.

As the obvious and formerly open person I was back when I was 16, I told both my parents about it. They were skeptical at first.

When I was 13, I watched Gattaca for school. When relatives were over (including a tall non-biological uncle) the topic of height came up. I mentioned my height dysphoria and my dad jokingly brought up how Vincent from Gattaca got surgery to match a taller character he was impersonating. I said that I would be willing to get it if it was real. My dad was surprised.

My mom had a friend's son who got LL for dwarfism a while ago (probably external or LON/LATN) and told me I wouldn't want to do it, and even if I did she didn't think they would do it for "no reason" aka cosmetic. I then showed her Dr. Paley's CLL page. She hasn't shown any opposition ever since.

She told my older brother in college, I knew because before I ever mentioned it to him he already knew the typical gain was 3 inches, and that the doctors I wanted at the time (Mahboubian and Debiparshad) did it for $75,000. My brother later confirmed this. However, he kind of looks down on me for it.

Although my mom is controlling at home, she is always telling me that when I move out I can do whatever I want even if she doesn't approve of it. She also specifically told me it's fine if I get the surgery if that's what I decide I want to do.

My dad was more empathetic at first, knowing he was the one who passed me the "short" gene. He's always telling me how it bothers him how he passed short height on to me and that it bothers me so much. At first he was grossed out, but on my 17th birthday he actually got me to explain the entire procedure with the Stryde and everything. He still sometimes asks me questions about it, and once he even said he would come take care of me when I do it.

Additionally, I found out two days ago my mom is moving with my older brother for the rest of the year because he has a fall internship out-of-state (he asked). So there's a good chance she might also be willing to come take care of me for recovery.
Height dysphoria since 2008. (age 5)
Hoping to undergo STRYDE 8cm femurs when I can afford it.
164 cm with a wingspan of 166cm
Goal: 5'7.5 (172+) or taller, but hopefully 5'8 (173)
https://www.instagram.com/precice_strider/
Pages: [1]   Go Up