Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone struggle with video game/internet addiction?  (Read 426 times)

173to187USTORUSSIA

Anyone struggle with video game/internet addiction?
« on: February 14, 2022, 12:41:40 AM »

When I was in my early teenage years I became engrossed in gaming. This gaming addiction persisted until the age of 24, when I decided to make some big changes in my life and became a fitness addict and personal trainer. Now and then I will "relapse" for a few hours and play video games. But what I've realized as I've gotten older is video games have lost there appeal.

Once you turn the pc or console off, all you've done is waste time. If your behind, your even more behind.

I got in a bad car accident last week and it has forced me to reevaluate my life and future.

To anyone who views this thread, I recommend you get out and live life. You will only be young and live once on this beautiful planet. Save gaming and internet surfing for your old age - when you are in your 60s.

Video games aren't worth it - all they are is a form of escapism. The same thing goes for internet surfing. Focus on self improvement and getting out there and making   happen in the real world. Most people regret the things they didn't do rather then the things they do. All forms of escapism stem

It would be great if I could be a big youtuber or "professional" twitch streamer and make a good living. Unfortunately, that market is pretty saturated unless you're a guy who got in the right time or a beautiful girl.

When you decide to truly become a man, you must put away childish things and focus on the real game - the game of life.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 01:28:39 AM by 173to187USTORUSSIA »

thaw1010

Re: Anyone struggle with video game/internet addiction?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2022, 02:50:18 AM »

Good post, it's something I think about a lot too. I've never been unhealthily "addicted" to video games before, but I have and still do enjoy playing them often. Here's the thing: I'd argue that gaming can be a really cool and fulfilling experience for young people. I still have a lot if memories hanging out with friends playing games all the time, and I don't regret it one bit. Obviously when you're older and have serious responsibilities (college, work, relationships, bills), you have to weigh their importance, which probably won't favor gaming, not even close. But I'd say it's best to enjoy games and recreation when you can, are young, and don't have the burden of serious responsibilities just yet.

Hope you recover well from the car accident, man. That must suck, but know that we're all here for you broski :D

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2022, 03:24:36 AM »

I played a lot of games as a kid and young adult.  I stopped when I got old enough to go cool places and do fun things and have my own stuff.

Would've gotten to that point sooner if I hadn't played the games so much. ::)

ilovescience

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2022, 03:36:42 AM »

I played a lot of games as a kid and young adult.  I stopped when I got old enough to go cool places and do fun things and have my own stuff.

Would've gotten to that point sooner if I hadn't played the games so much. ::)

I miss some good old games, fortunately they are making remastered for those games. Time to nostalgia. There are so many cool places around the world, travel is fun.

ilovescience

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2022, 06:29:00 AM »

Good post, it's something I think about a lot too. I've never been unhealthily "addicted" to video games before, but I have and still do enjoy playing them often. Here's the thing: I'd argue that gaming can be a really cool and fulfilling experience for young people. I still have a lot if memories hanging out with friends playing games all the time, and I don't regret it one bit. Obviously when you're older and have serious responsibilities (college, work, relationships, bills), you have to weigh their importance, which probably won't favor gaming, not even close. But I'd say it's best to enjoy games and recreation when you can, are young, and don't have the burden of serious responsibilities just yet.

Hope you recover well from the car accident, man. That must suck, but know that we're all here for you broski :D

Some video games could be used for education. They are good for kids at school to learn.

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2022, 11:33:56 AM »

I realized that I am sorta excessively addicted to Internet surfing but I am not willing to quit it cuz except surfing on the Internet I don't have others things to do irl LOL.

ilovescience

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2022, 12:28:30 PM »

I realized that I am sorta excessively addicted to Internet surfing but I am not willing to quit it cuz except surfing on the Internet I don't have others things to do irl LOL.

No dinner party with the family who you haven't met for a long time?

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2022, 12:41:34 PM »

No dinner party with the family who you haven't met for a long time?
I am not interested in those things, sorry.

ilovescience

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2022, 01:02:13 PM »

I am not interested in those things, sorry.

Oh ok. I understood. I asked it because that's very common in real life during Chinese New Year or any Chinese holidays. I like web surfing too. I like watching videos online, especially with limb lenghening.
Pages: [1]   Go Up