Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Muscle mass in legs  (Read 181 times)

Megaman(blueboy)

Muscle mass in legs
« on: September 13, 2020, 11:08:49 PM »

I heard having muscley legs makes the lengthening hurt more but im thinking it wont be that bad and that the muscle will possibly make the lengthening  'safer' since i have more meat to strech. What do you guys think?

wannabeidol

Re: Muscle mass in legs
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 02:45:09 AM »

if you think about it, the thicker your soft tissues ( muscles) the more that needs to be cut in order to gettothe bone.

you wont  have "more meat" to stretch in the sense that you have more cells as it us just the muscle cells that are hypertrophied (bigger) however its proven that the stretching force of distraction will cause your body to make more muscle cells

wannabeidol

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2020, 02:47:27 AM »

although it will hurt more,

having stronger muscles will be make recovery much easier. even though you will lose size the muscle will atrophy less than an untrained person.
inaddition it wil make it easier to begin weightbearing and walking 

Medium Drink Of Water

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2020, 04:35:24 AM »

although it will hurt more,

having stronger muscles will be make recovery much easier. even though you will lose size the muscle will atrophy less than an untrained person.
inaddition it wil make it easier to begin weightbearing and walking

This aligns with what I saw in Beijing.  The guys with thick legs did seem to have better mobility, especially towards the end.  One stocky guy was walking very shortly after frame removal / internal nail fixation, and doing it with just crutches; so early the doctors were worried and told him not to do it.  I, with my skinny legs, could barely balance with a walker at that point.
Gained 3 inches on tibias (Ilizarov LON) in 2007 at the Beijing Institute of External Skeletal Fixation Technology with Prof. Hetao Xia and Dr. Aiming Peng.

If you have any questions, ask them here rather than by Private Message:
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64544

Megaman(blueboy)

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2020, 03:11:52 PM »

Thanks for the reply guys.
Pages: [1]   Go Up