Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I did 7.1cm on my tibia AMA  (Read 1996 times)

did7.1cm

• Visitor
I did 7.1cm on my tibia AMA
« on: September 18, 2020, 10:11:42 AM »

Did my surgery in Turkey in February 2019. Left the country 5 days later

Ask me anything

a

• 5'9
Re: I did 7.1cm on my tibia AMA
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2020, 01:10:45 PM »

which doc
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

did7.1cm

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 02:08:38 PM »

a

• 5'9
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2020, 03:20:21 PM »

dr serkan what

ggwellplay

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2020, 11:53:18 PM »

How long you able to walk normally? What’s about your Dorisflexion?

did7.1cm

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2020, 06:54:04 PM »

I was able to walk without support 5 months after surgery.  I was also able to walk without support 2 weeks post OP however I lost that ability when I got into lengthening beyond 2-3cm range

My dorisflexion isn't that good, even right now. Although I can walk, and stand straight . I can't do either for very long periods of time
Do keep in mind I didn't do any physio

Had my frames removed right at the start of Covid. March 2020
And then the gyms were closed

However when the gyms reopened I started working on my legs again and they were getting better and better. Nowadays I can do everything but sometimes unconsciously I still tip my left leg a little bit

did7.1cm

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2020, 06:54:27 PM »

Dr.Serkan Gurcan

I may have mispelled the last name tho.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2020, 06:59:48 PM »

What method

LON?
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

did7.1cm

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2020, 08:26:04 PM »

What method

LON?

Fully external fixators

No internals

m7liam

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2020, 01:33:34 AM »

You were in frames for one year???

did7.1cm

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2020, 09:59:12 AM »

You were in frames for one year???

1 year and 1 month

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2020, 10:42:21 AM »

Who's ur doctor. Starting height. Ending height. Country of origin. Social security number. Account and routing number. Etc

User requested self-ban.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2020, 10:43:13 AM »

Nevermind you said doctor mr. ZergCannes GirthCun, my fault

User requested self-ban.

lolwhyamidoingthis

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2020, 11:59:11 AM »

Hahhaha ghkid u have such weird comments, i love it

m7liam

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2020, 12:39:50 PM »

Why were you in frames for a year? That’s crazy. I thought it’d be 6 months even if you were doing pure external?

I’m surprised you are 1.5 years post surgery and still not fully recovered. Do you think that’s because you did 7cm instead of 5cm on the tibias?

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2020, 12:40:16 PM »

Hahhaha ghkid u have such weird comments, i love it

Thank you. I see you're in the middle of distraction. How's it going sir (or ma'am, sorry for assuming gender)

User requested self-ban.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2020, 12:44:01 PM »

Why were you in frames for a year? That’s crazy. I thought it’d be 6 months even if you were doing pure external?

I’m surprised you are 1.5 years post surgery and still not fully recovered. Do you think that’s because you did 7cm instead of 5cm on the tibias?

Pure externals average 1.5 to 2 months in frames per cm, usually somewhere near the latter. So 7cm is about 10.5 months to 14 months in frames. In this case it is 13 months. So pretty normal.

With pure externals you need the bone to literally fully consolidated, there is no nail to help weight bear, you literally need your callus to thicken to the point of your old bone. That's why it takes forever. Even just a 3cm lengthening can take 6months.

User requested self-ban.

lolwhyamidoingthis

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2020, 12:49:20 PM »

Thank you. I see you're in the middle of distraction. How's it going sir (or ma'am, sorry for assuming gender)

HOW DARE YOU ASSUME MY GENDER? I AM NON-BINARY!! Jk, i'm a dude (watch someone get offended by this :'(). I'm doing really well man, at about 6.5cm right now, able to walk unassisted, without any issues, will definitely go for the full 8 as long as i don't get any problems. The distraction period is weirdly similar to how life was in the peak of covid lockdown, so i guess i have actually been kind of conditioned for this lifestyle lmao. Not gonna lie, can't wait to get these fixators off my legs now, sleeping on my back every day gets old fast.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2020, 12:59:27 PM »

HOW DARE YOU ASSUME MY GENDER? I AM NON-BINARY!! Jk, i'm a dude (watch someone get offended by this :'(). I'm doing really well man, at about 6.5cm right now, able to walk unassisted, without any issues, will definitely go for the full 8 as long as i don't get any problems. The distraction period is weirdly similar to how life was in the peak of covid lockdown, so i guess i have actually been kind of conditioned for this lifestyle lmao. Not gonna lie, can't wait to get these fixators off my legs now, sleeping on my back every day gets old fast.

After 8cm you will be 185/184cm. Pretty much 6' 1 in aMurica height. Excellent height dude.

Is a blessing to do LL during covid yeah. You're literally missing out on nothing lol. Quite literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to have a pandemic and burn some of that time to grow taller. I'm here wanking my diçk non stop and browsing reddit 24/7, that's how boring covid is. Covid amazing to gain height. Like a gap year, for life

Good   man. I recommend to stop at 7.5cm just for fun. Half a cm won't hurt. Probably improve your athletic ability by like 5% long term. Ha ha random ass's numbers.

Many Dr halil patients here recently. Tell us ur honest opinion of this man's after ur done legnthening so he doesn't fuk with u. Jk.

User requested self-ban.

lolwhyamidoingthis

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2020, 01:09:17 PM »

After 8cm you will be 185/184cm. Pretty much 6' 1 in aMurica height. Excellent height dude.

Is a blessing to do LL during covid yeah. You're literally missing out on nothing lol. Quite literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to have a pandemic and burn some of that time to grow taller. I'm here wanking my diçk non stop and browsing reddit 24/7, that's how boring covid is. Covid amazing to gain height. Like a gap year, for life

Good   man. I recommend to stop at 7.5cm just for fun. Half a cm won't hurt. Probably improve your athletic ability by like 5% long term. Ha ha random ass's numbers.

Many Dr halil patients here recently. Tell us ur honest opinion of this man's after ur done legnthening so he doesn't fuk with u. Jk.

That's actually one thing i have been contemplating, stopping at 7.5cm. I can not see that it is feasible that anyone would realistically notice 0.5cm. However, you are very well read on this forum, and people say that due to the angle of the femur, you will not get a height gain that is 100% of what you lengthened. Is this true, and if so, to what extent? Is this something I should take into account in my goal. Halil has assured me that there will not be any height loss after fixator removal, but i will test that theory for myself when they are off.

I will definitely write a short overview of my LL journey and a review of Halil when i am finished. So far, he has treated me like family. I am doing the entire lengthening period in Istanbul alone, and he has made me feel like i am not alone at all down here. He helps me with anything i ask, from delivering medication whenever i need it, to fixing my walker within hours of it breaking. He really cares about his patients.

Body Builder

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2020, 03:37:07 PM »

That's actually one thing i have been contemplating, stopping at 7.5cm. I can not see that it is feasible that anyone would realistically notice 0.5cm. However, you are very well read on this forum, and people say that due to the angle of the femur, you will not get a height gain that is 100% of what you lengthened. Is this true, and if so, to what extent? Is this something I should take into account in my goal. Halil has assured me that there will not be any height loss after fixator removal, but i will test that theory for myself when they are off.

I will definitely write a short overview of my LL journey and a review of Halil when i am finished. So far, he has treated me like family. I am doing the entire lengthening period in Istanbul alone, and he has made me feel like i am not alone at all down here. He helps me with anything i ask, from delivering medication whenever i need it, to fixing my walker within hours of it breaking. He really cares about his patients.
With tibias you get completely the height you lengthened.
With femurs there is usually about 10% loss.

a

• 5'9
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2020, 04:55:52 PM »

I'm considering Mr. Buldu too. Thanks for the reviews, I'm a Turkish guy, and I feel lucky to have him in my country. I hope everything goes well, for you and for me.

Best Regards

did7.1cm

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2020, 05:09:19 PM »

I don't expect full recovery any time soon. I mean I def don't even try to squat or deadlift lol

But everything else is pretty normal

did7.1cm

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2020, 05:11:39 PM »

I'm considering Mr. Buldu too. Thanks for the reviews, I'm a Turkish guy, and I feel lucky to have him in my country. I hope everything goes well, for you and for me.

Best Regards

I had a consult with Mr. Buldu before Dr. Serkan. I didn't really like him tbh but he might be a good surgeon

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2020, 05:50:25 PM »

I had a consult with Mr. Buldu before Dr. Serkan. I didn't really like him tbh but he might be a good surgeon
That’s interesting. What didn’t you like about Dr. Buldu? How did you end up deciding on Dr. Serkan?

BelowTheMean

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2020, 07:50:01 PM »

With tibias you get completely the height you lengthened.
With femurs there is usually about 10% loss.

If you're referring to reduced height due to the slant of the femur, it's much less than 10%. A quick Google search shows that femurs are slanted around 13-15% from the vertical plane in a normal person. Basic trig says that's equal to a 2.5-3.5% reduction in height gain from the amount lengthened, which is about 2-3 mm on a 8 cm lengthening. A 10% loss would mean a 26 degree slant, which would definitely be severe bowlegs ;D

Edit: Actually I think it would be severe knock-knees since the femurs slant inward.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2020, 08:06:39 PM »

Pythagorean Theorist.

User requested self-ban.

Tartar

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2020, 08:40:08 PM »

Pythagorean Theorist.
true it's so easy, whoever has attended the middle school should be able to evaluate it lol
Btw I checked with my RX some months ago and i found out a little loss, something like 4-5%...but I may have been rough while measuring manually.

did7.1cm

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2020, 07:23:26 PM »

That’s interesting. What didn’t you like about Dr. Buldu? How did you end up deciding on Dr. Serkan?

I felt he had a huge ego. The plus point is that he knew English . He also didn't recommend I do leg lengthening because I was good height (171cm)

lolwhyamidoingthis

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2020, 02:02:44 PM »

I felt he had a huge ego. The plus point is that he knew English . He also didn't recommend I do leg lengthening because I was good height (171cm)

For what it's worth, I strongly disagree with this statement for a multitude of reasons. Maybe it's because i have been in contact with him 3 months now and ofcourse having met and talked to him multiple times. Also he never "didn't recommend" leg lengthening for me, and i am 177-178. To each his own, i guess

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up