Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will asthma and diabetes greatly increase the risk for complications for CLL?  (Read 686 times)

brondo

I have asthma and I might be diabetic (haven't gone to a doctor to test it yet but I know I am hypoglycemic). I read that asthma increases the chance for fat embolism and being a diabetic would probably make CLL a pipe dream. I've been quite unhealthy over the years with my weight gain from depression, but I am getting in shape and stretching in case I gather the funds for CLL comes up in the future. But it seems like these health problems would increase the risk for complications and it might not even be worth it. Would it be too dangerous to even consider CLL at this point? This is a dream of mine and I am holding on to all hope because this is my last resort from my height dysphoria, but I don't if it is even possible with my health condition. Anyone have any health problems and went through with CLL?

more

Asthmatic is okay still can do surgery if it is not severe (COPD), but being a diabetic CLL is not a Good idea at all.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account

Lmao I saw an obese guy do CLL on instagram. Sad stuff
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

Tartar

Hypoglycemic or hyperglycemic?

Hagane

diabetics have poorer wound healing
as for asthma its more of a anaesthetic issue. dont worry too much about the fat emolism thing its really rare.
the best thing you can do is see a doc for your diabetes

i assume youre in no position to do the operation right now anyways
so focus on getting in shape, lose fat gain muscle, and get your blood sugar in control.
if you do that youll be fine.
if you really want some reassurance message one of the CLL docs: dr assayag will answer all of your questions and i found that rozbruch emails back really quickly too. theyll most likely tell you the exact same thing
Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)

more

Lmao I saw an obese guy do CLL on instagram. Sad stuff

Obese can do CLL IF  does not have deseas, he is suffering from asthma and diabetes

Hagane

its all depends on how bad his diabetes is, if he can control it through diet and exercise. then he is more than able to get the procedure done.
gained  55.55mm

Hagane

even if you had copd the porcedure is still possible, you just need a more extensive preop assement done by the anaesthesiologist.
they will be the ones managing your situation if anythign goes wrong during the opereation.
gained  55.55mm

more

its all depends on how bad his diabetes is, if he can control it through diet and exercise. then he is more than able to get the procedure done.
Agree

more

even if you had copd the porcedure is still possible, you just need a more extensive preop assement done by the anaesthesiologist.
they will be the ones managing your situation if anythign goes wrong during the opereation.
agree

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
Re: Will asthma and diabetes greatly increase the risk for complications for CLL?
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2020, 06:37:05 PM »

Obese can do CLL, but u gotta wonder how bad of a time they are gonna have if they are obese. Not just overweight, but obese. Stretches and PT and simple work ethic will be -99%. I figure if you can't willpower your way to losing as least some weight before CLL, there's gonna be absolutely no willpower for your as* to do the rehab during CLL and you're gonna suffer.

User requested self-ban.

Hagane

Re: Will asthma and diabetes greatly increase the risk for complications for CLL?
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2020, 06:41:43 PM »

Obese can do CLL, but u gotta wonder how bad of a time they are gonna have if they are obese. Not just overweight, but obese. Stretches and PT and simple work ethic will be -99%. I figure if you can't willpower your way to losing as least some weight before CLL, there's gonna be absolutely no willpower for your as* to do the rehab during CLL and you're gonna suffer.

yeah and if theyre too chunky say goodbye to any weightbearing on the nail
gained  55.55mm

brondo

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2020, 07:07:36 PM »

I can definitely lose weight for sure. I will do anything in my power to get this done. But if asthma and diabetes rule me out, then there is no amount of work that can be done to make me eligible for surgery. I want to do this surgery badly, but I won't risk my health or my life. I plan to do just 5cm with strydes with a top CLL doctor in the states (Mahboubian or Paley). I'll put whatever work needs to be done, but safety is the number one concern for myself.

Hagane

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2020, 10:48:14 PM »

I can definitely lose weight for sure. I will do anything in my power to get this done. But if asthma and diabetes rule me out, then there is no amount of work that can be done to make me eligible for surgery. I want to do this surgery badly, but I won't risk my health or my life. I plan to do just 5cm with strydes with a top CLL doctor in the states (Mahboubian or Paley). I'll put whatever work needs to be done, but safety is the number one concern for myself.

like i said focus on getting your self fit enough to do the procedure. lowering your body fat and increasing physical activity can help with glycemic control. regardless if you do this procedure or not, you should take care of your health.
to give yourself some peace of mind reach out to a surgeon  theyll set you straight on wether or not its possible ( i can 99% guarentee theyll say youre g2g for the surgery)
go see your doc, get a glucose challenge test, get your HBA1C checked every 3 months. take control of your health.
gained  55.55mm

brondo

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2020, 11:11:16 PM »

Thank you everyone. I'm not giving up on this dream.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2020, 11:34:29 PM »

Do u have rlly bad asthma like u need oxygen few times a week or just regular minimal asthma

User requested self-ban.

Tartar

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2020, 12:12:32 AM »

Dude you don’t even know if you have diabetes, this is a serious thing not something you can have without taking care of it, anyway if you say you have hypoglycemia it’s the total opposite of the diabetes so there’s no reason you should have it.

brondo

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2020, 12:56:59 AM »

@ghkid2019 My asthma is kinda minimal, really depends on the season like if there's pollen and stuff. I use an inhaler sometimes, most of the time I don't need it but I do a lot of coughing after I eat. Some mucus build up here and there.

@Tartar Yeah, I'll go get a checkup at the doctor's office soon to make sure.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2020, 01:43:42 AM »

Yea I doubt you will be denied surgery lol. I think ur fine me brondo hondo

User requested self-ban.

brondo

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2020, 01:59:47 AM »

It isn't so much that I think I might get denied, but more of the probability of complications rising. I need to talk to some doctors to get confirmation about all of this.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2020, 04:36:55 AM »

Ye I'm no doctor I am not qualified to gives advice I can kill u by giving advice.

Also had u had any surgery in the past where u were put under anaesthesia or nah

User requested self-ban.

brondo

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2020, 04:53:35 AM »

I've only had one surgery and that was getting my tonsils taken out in 1st grade. But yeah, I'll run all of this by a couple doctors.
Pages: [1]   Go Up