Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Already-tall men complaining about height  (Read 1092 times)

AllinStryde

Already-tall men complaining about height
« on: September 24, 2020, 05:09:29 PM »

It's amazing when guys who are 5'10" and up complain about not being "tall enough" or call themselves short.  Try being 5'1" or so...then you'll have some "real" neurosis!  Tall dudes complaining about being short is the equivalent to a marathon-runner/ triathlete complain to a paraplegic about stubbing his toe.  It falls on deaf ears if you're a shorter guy hearing that.  If you're 5'10" and up, you're a complete fool to have CLL done.  I did it, gained nearly 3"...but I was in like the 5th percentile, so it's worth it.  What tool of a man, who is already tall, wants to spend 6 figures plus and basically be crippled for nearly a year?  Thoughts?

Re: Already-tall men complaining about height
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 06:06:16 PM »

Just let them be.

So you are 5'4"/162cm now?

F_99

• Height Communist
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 06:22:16 PM »

If you're 5'10" and up, you're a complete fool to have CLL done.  I did it, gained nearly 3"...but I was in like the 5th percentile, so it's worth it.  What tool of a man, who is already tall, wants to spend 6 figures plus and basically be crippled for nearly a year?  Thoughts?

Only if (you live in/are from) a very high average height country where most 20-30 yrs old guys are like 185cm or so, it would (possibly; depending on the neurosis) make sense for you as a ~5'10/178cm guy.

Otherwise, height is not your 'underlying' problem. (I think)
Too many trade offs.
Looking for an alternative.

dreamingtall

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2020, 07:44:49 PM »

I have a dear friend that is 5'10 and wants this surgery. I struggle with it solely for the fact that I am 5'6-7 and I want to get femurs done and then be done... his starting is my ending and I'd prob end less than 5'10 anyway.

I know his height is real issue for him so I struggle because im envious
Starting Height: 170.68cm; Goal Height: 182cm in two separate operations (^8cm Femurs, ^5cm Tibias)

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 11:34:30 PM »

As long as one has height nerousis and it impedes their confidence in a significant way, that's more than enough of a reason to get LL. Height neurosis doesn't discriminate. You can objectively tall or average and still feel short and feel bad everyday about it. the decision is quite personal.

And usually some men complain about height in a short of "non-important" way. Like they would prefer to be taller, but its not something they OBSSESS about. Similar to how I usually sometimes tell my friends "oh my god I'm so ugly haha" but it's more casual and for fun and I don't mind it, I don't want plastic surgery, I don't obssess over it daily. Whereas someone with body dysmorphia would say "I'm so ugly" and constantly be checking themselves out, planning for plastic surgery, comparing themselves, constantly be upset and depressed over it, hide their face or be camera shy, wear hoodies.

It's the same with complaining about height. Some guys complain but it's not in a serious way. It's more like "ohh mee goodness I'm Soo short I wanna be 6'3" but they don't obssess over their height. Meanwhile someone with height neurosis would be like "I'm so fking short, I'm so fking depressed, this shiet drops my confidence so much, why dad why you had to be short ughhh oh my god I feel inferior in the street 24/7"

Some people complain, but it doesn't really hinder their life. They just complain in nonchalant manner.

Of course there's gonna be the 6'0 men who actually do have height neurosis and complain to the same severity as us. Like batman saids, let them be.

After all, height nerousis is a psychological thing. I guarantee you there's at least a few 5'5 men that ACTUALLY don't give a shiet about their height (at least to the point where it doesn't hinder their confidence one bit). Few, but they exist. Anyone of any height can or can't have height neurosis. And they should have the right to do LL without judgement or this being the "who has it worse" battle aka oppression olympics.

Read my signature. I don't gatekeep anyone from getting this surgery, no one should. Freedom baby.
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2020, 11:47:28 PM »

In all seriousness, the so-called height neurosis is pretty much BS.

Anything above 5'8", therapy is the answer.

Iron_Man

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2020, 03:36:43 AM »

I'm 5'8 and feel like most of the men around me are taller. I think if I was a natural 5'11 or at least 5'10, I probably wouldn't think about surgery

F_99

• Height Communist
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2020, 11:52:12 AM »

I'm 5'8 and feel like most of the men around me are taller. I think if I was a natural 5'11 or at least 5'10, I probably wouldn't think about surgery

Same. The average height where I live (20-30 yrs old guys) is for sure 180cm, if not more. It sucks so bad, the newer generations are just too tall, especially men. I can't imagine how bad it'd be if was in Germany or the Netherlands.
Looking for an alternative.

carpetendro

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2020, 03:59:27 PM »

It's hard for me to empathize with guys who are 5'10 and above who want to do this surgery. I think I have mental problems from being shorter than the average female but then I see guys who are average and above who say they are short and I think "man am I crazy or are they?". If you are 5'10 or taller you are taller that most women and men on Earth. If you feel short you either have a mental problem or live in a bubble where the average height must be insanely high. I don't think it's worth it to be 3 inches taller if you're 5'10 for the risk and drawbacks of this surgery. I seriously cannot comprehend this. We are breaking our bones and stretching our soft tissue more than we were biologically predispoed to. I would be content with being at least taller than the average female with being short not ridiculously short.

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2020, 04:44:58 PM »

I think I have mental problems from being shorter than the average female

No you don't. Your problems are purely physical.

carpetendro

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2020, 05:48:46 PM »

No you don't. Your problems are purely physical.

Do people on this forum not know how to read properly? What do you think from being short means? Although I know guys my height who are doing better than me so I don't know if I can solely blame my height for it. There's probably some multitude of factors that go into it but I don't believe it's the sole factor like incels do.

small

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2020, 06:04:27 PM »

Yeah it kind of makes me question if it's worth it when even people who's starting height is higher than my end goal feel like crap for being short. I'm 164-165cm and I'd be 172-173cm after the surgery and still be short.

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2020, 06:33:04 PM »

I'm 164-165cm and I'd be 172-173cm after the surgery and still be short.

One is below average female height in many European countries.

The other is basically global average for male.

You go from being Daniel Radcliffe to Zac Efron.

So you go figure.

BelowTheMean

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2020, 08:38:43 PM »

One is below average female height in many European countries.

The other is basically global average for male.

You go from being Daniel Radcliffe to Zac Efron.

So you go figure.

I'm pretty sure CLL wouldn't turn Daniel Radcliffe into Zac Efron though ;)
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2020, 09:13:24 PM »

I'm pretty sure CLL wouldn't turn Daniel Radcliffe into Zac Efron though ;)

Well at least height-wise haha

NotSoBigBadBruin

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2020, 09:39:48 PM »

If you feel short you either have a mental problem or live in a bubble where the average height must be insanely high.

I live in such a bubble, and you wouldn’t believe how many 6+ ft women I see on a daily basis. I was perfectly happy with my height back in my home country but immediately started feeling short when I moved here.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2020, 10:18:46 PM »

Yeah it kind of makes me question if it's worth it when even people who's starting height is higher than my end goal feel like crap for being short. I'm 164-165cm and I'd be 172-173cm after the surgery and still be short.

I have to agree with batman wayne. I think it's incredibly worth it at that height. You go from literally below female avg to a typical average of males, just shorter average but still within average. I would say it's incredibly worth it. Don't keep comparing yourself to others... You can complain later on about how others taller your whole life there's always gonna be someone taller than you doing this... Just go for it brother
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2020, 11:13:53 PM »

If anything, 5'5"ish guys doing LL should be happy that 5'8" and taller guys do LL because the benefits are far greater for the shorter guys while the risks are no less for taller guys.
Pages: [1]   Go Up