Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What exactly makes the proportions of a short man?  (Read 434 times)

brondo

What exactly makes the proportions of a short man?
« on: September 26, 2020, 12:18:30 PM »

I feel like you can spot somebody who is short right away in pictures without any reference point (when a person is standing by themself). In my opinion, I feel like proportionally, short men have shorter legs (shorter than usual femurs maybe) and you can immediately tell they are short. There is just a way a short man is built that you can spot it right away. But this is probably not the case when a man is about 5'8'' or so when they don't immediately stick out as a short person. Somehow, this is around the height where a man's body becomes proportional and you feel like they can blend in more with everyone else, moving towards the average height. Sometimes a 5'7'' man can pull off great proportions, but rarely do you see someone shorter than that have a body proportion that tricks you into thinking that person may be around average height to even taller. Short men also tend to have shorter wingspans as well which just adds to a shorter looking stature. This is just from what I observed. Does anyone have any other observations into why this is the case?

Body Builder

Re: What exactly makes the proportions of a short man?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 01:47:22 PM »

Most of the times, short men have really short legs (femurs and tibias) and nothing else too short.
Really short men however (5.5 and less) usually have also shorter torsos and arms.
But most short men of 5.5 to 5.7 have simply short legs and nothing else disproportionately short.
Thats why most of them will look good with LL, epsecially on tibias or both segments.

Tartar

Re: What exactly makes the proportions of a short man?
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2020, 02:11:30 PM »

The main differences are about leg lenght and head. For the most, Legs in short people are proportionally shorter and the head is bigger compared to the rest ofthe body. Indeed head dimension doesn't change as much as the rest of the body increasing the height.
Pages: [1]   Go Up