Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Precise 2 VS Stryde Recovery  (Read 1887 times)

Tengo

Precise 2 VS Stryde Recovery
« on: September 29, 2020, 03:44:38 AM »

Hi all,

Does anyone have rough figures of recovery period of Precise 2 vs Stryde based on diaries? Such as, when I can walk normally and when I can play sports.

I want to know whether its worth the extra €7k for me.

Much love
Tengo

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
Re: Precise 2 VS Stryde Recovery
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 04:20:34 AM »

No brainier. Precice you cannot weightbear until like literally month 5/6 for 8cm Femurs. Stryde you can weight bear right away.

Sum ppl are retárded and think they can weightbear with precice. "I'm skinny!!!" No you cannot. It is way too risky. Dumbáss

No brainier at all literally. Less opportunity cost too, as if you can weight bear you literally build bone and consolidate faster and thus can go back into society faster and weightbearing is a good PT and in the end you will probably get back to work 2-3 months faster than precice, now you make 2 months extra income.

Faster recovery, go back to job faster to make the money back, better bone building, less muscle atrophy from not walking with precice, better safety, rod less chance of break,

Sports given the expedited recovery of stryde you will probably always be 2-3 months ahead of precice in everything if not more.

For saving 7k euros, ask yourself if you want to:

Join society 3 months later, go back to job 3 month later
Be crippled to the point you cannot stand up for 3 months and more
Reduce bone growth rate
Stay in bed all day and wheelchair

Get the stryde before yo tengo que matarte. Lo siento early practicando la español. Como estás tu? Soy GHkid. Soy idiota.
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

BelowTheMean

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 08:41:15 PM »

With the existence of Stryde I can't imagine why anyone would do LL with Precise 2 unless their bones were too small for Stryde. I imagine this should only impact a tiny percentage of CLL patients.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

Tengo

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2020, 11:08:27 AM »

Muchas Gracias GHKid

So recovery time is important for me to hide any abnormal walking from people, as for work I'm work from home straight away, if I have enough focus. Stryde looks powerful I can see M7liam lengthening and walking rigorously which blows my mind at how stable the device is to not shift some mm's after all the movement.

2 questions: How long would you think it takes to walk completely normally after surgery? M7liam after 3 months-ish is no where near: would 7 months do it?

And if the nail breaks (with giotikas) do I cover the new nail cost and surgery?

Tartar

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2020, 11:14:40 AM »

Muchas Gracias GHKid

So recovery time is important for me to hide any abnormal walking from people, as for work I'm work from home straight away, if I have enough focus. Stryde looks powerful I can see M7liam lengthening and walking rigorously which blows my mind at how stable the device is to not shift some mm's after all the movement.

2 questions: How long would you think it takes to walk completely normally after surgery? M7liam after 3 months-ish is no where near: would 7 months do it?

And if the nail breaks (with giotikas) do I cover the new nail cost and surgery?
To walk normally you have to end distraction for sure, then I think it depends.
If nail breaks it’s your fault. I don’t think giotikas would pay it back, because Nuvasive doesn’t admit a failure for a breakage. It’s not as common as with Precise 1-2, but it still happens. Actually, even if Paley says you can walk unaided once you have your balance back, Nuvasive says you are not allowed to walk unaided even with Stryde. I think it’s better to pay attention and don’t exceed with movements outside.

sd2318668

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2020, 10:28:26 PM »

Yes, I was told by my dr even with Stryde, you still have the chance to break the nails if you start to weight bearing after the surgery in a short time.

Movie

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2020, 07:37:43 AM »

Took me about 4 months for me to feel like I walk normal and yes the cost/benefit of stryde outweighs the 7K Euro price, as stated before, you'll be able to make money sooner than precise so you can make up for that difference, and can expect a much better distraction experience and not be so atrophied from the muscles as you would be with Precise 2
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

Tengo

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2020, 12:41:00 AM »

We have a similar starting height Movie, was 8cm too much and if you were to go back in time would you do less? 4 month recovery sounds amazing
Pages: [1]   Go Up