Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another 8cm femurs (hopefully) with Dr Paley Sep 2020!!  (Read 14512 times)

SuchLL

Re: Another 8cm femurs (hopefully) with Dr Paley Sep 2020!!
« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2021, 07:01:25 AM »

When do you plan to do it?
Also, congrats! It's so good to see that you're waling normaly!

Thanks! Hope I can do it in September this year, but not sure if stryde will be back by that time...

Shorty_NoMore

• Visitor
« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2021, 04:47:07 AM »

I recall you have a big SUV that can fit a wheelchair. Is this like a wheelchair accessible van?
Or you get up from wheel chair and get into the car, then someone put the wheelchair in the SUV trunk?

Wondering how long till you're able to drive a car? Do you need someone to drive you even during consolidation period?

I'm thinking of renting an apartment (15 mins drive from paley). Does driving a bit longer will be a problem? Like your legs may become too discomfort if sit a too long...

Thanks in advance!

init1alove

« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2021, 09:56:52 PM »

Depends on person. I can drive after 1.5 months. My quards muscles are tight. I can only drive for 20 mins until my knee pain kick in.

I recall you have a big SUV that can fit a wheelchair. Is this like a wheelchair accessible van?
Or you get up from wheel chair and get into the car, then someone put the wheelchair in the SUV trunk?

Wondering how long till you're able to drive a car? Do you need someone to drive you even during consolidation period?

I'm thinking of renting an apartment (15 mins drive from paley). Does driving a bit longer will be a problem? Like your legs may become too discomfort if sit a too long...

Thanks in advance!

SuchLL

« Reply #96 on: June 12, 2021, 08:50:17 PM »

Thanks in advance!

I only had a mid size suv, just big enough to carry the wheelchair. I had stryde nail at that time so I only used wheelchair twice and quickly switched to walker. My mom was with me so I never tried to drive. It’s not comfortable to sit in the car for the first month when I was still taking pain meds. I think I could probably drive after 1 month.

Shorty_NoMore

• Visitor
« Reply #97 on: June 14, 2021, 08:37:57 PM »

During surgery/hospitalization, did they put you in catheter?
I read this happens when they gave you epidural as you will be paralyzed mid down. Wondering if it was painful? It kinda freaks me out..

SuchLL

« Reply #98 on: June 16, 2021, 09:28:32 AM »

During surgery/hospitalization, did they put you in catheter?
I read this happens when they gave you epidural as you will be paralyzed mid down. Wondering if it was painful? It kinda freaks me out..

I had the same concern before the surgery lol. I didn’t use catheter and I was told most people don’t need it.

c

« Reply #99 on: June 16, 2021, 10:22:16 PM »

你好 请问你现在运动具体怎么样 当然时间比较短还有很多空间

SuchLL

« Reply #100 on: June 19, 2021, 08:05:35 PM »

你好 请问你现在运动具体怎么样 当然时间比较短还有很多空间
我是大概两个月前就没什么感觉了 就正常的跑跳健身等等 和手术前基本上没有区别 唯一的问题是左腿的麻还是没有完全恢复

init1alove

« Reply #101 on: August 04, 2021, 05:56:41 PM »

我是大概两个月前就没什么感觉了 就正常的跑跳健身等等 和手术前基本上没有区别 唯一的问题是左腿的麻还是没有完全恢复

Hi, how is the numbness of your left leg? Do you feel it is getting better?

SuchLL

« Reply #102 on: August 08, 2021, 05:26:48 AM »

Hi, how is the numbness of your left leg? Do you feel it is getting better?

Yes it is slowly getting better, but at this rate I think it will probably take at least another year to fully recover. The numbness doesn’t bother me and rarely gets my attention though.

King29

• Visitor
« Reply #103 on: August 17, 2021, 05:51:32 PM »

Did you get stryde or percise nail? Congrats on your results man!

SuchLL

« Reply #104 on: August 18, 2021, 06:08:44 AM »

Did you get stryde or percise nail? Congrats on your results man!

Thanks! I did it in 2020 so stryde

TakingAction

« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2021, 01:14:26 AM »

您好,现在腿还麻么?之前麻的范围有超过一个硬币的大小么?我听Dr.Robbins说这种小硬币的局部麻基本过段时间会自己好起来了。另外我计划下个月2日去Paley做Femur。您还计划跟Paley做小腿么?有没有群推荐可以加的哈?但愿能有中国人一起拼房鼓励锻炼拉伸或者share aid帮人的伴侣什么的哈。
Gained 3 inches
Patient of Dr. Robbins and Dr. Paley (Nov 2021)
My Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68301.0

SuchLL

« Reply #106 on: October 16, 2021, 07:50:33 PM »

您好,现在腿还麻么?之前麻的范围有超过一个硬币的大小么?我听Dr.Robbins说这种小硬币的局部麻基本过段时间会自己好起来了。另外我计划下个月2日去Paley做Femur。您还计划跟Paley做小腿么?有没有群推荐可以加的哈?但愿能有中国人一起拼房鼓励锻炼拉伸或者share aid帮人的伴侣什么的哈。

还麻,一小片区域麻,但逐渐转好,我不太知道中国人的群不好意思哈,我前几天做了小腿手术,这两天会开始写日记。希望你手术顺利!

TakingAction

« Reply #107 on: October 17, 2021, 04:18:05 AM »

还麻,一小片区域麻,但逐渐转好,我不太知道中国人的群不好意思哈,我前几天做了小腿手术,这两天会开始写日记。希望你手术顺利!

谢谢!请问您的腿麻有会影响正常的脑力工作或者集中注意力么?我就要飞去佛罗里达了刚给您发了私信~
Gained 3 inches
Patient of Dr. Robbins and Dr. Paley (Nov 2021)
My Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68301.0

alwayslucky

« Reply #108 on: October 31, 2021, 02:40:47 AM »

Hi, man, I'm also Chinese. I'm expected to find Pelly for ll surgery in a few years. My goal is 5cm of femur. I see that you have finished the surgery and recovered well. I'd like to ask you, have you been worried about the risks and complications of the operation? For example, bone nonunion, pulmonary embolism, fat embolism, paralysis and even death. I know Perry is the safest doctor and 5cm is a very safe quantity, but I still can't help worrying about these possibilities. If I am in good health before the operation and can follow the doctor's instructions without fail, can I be sure that I will be safe? And my operation time may be 6 years later. I'm worried about whether Pelly will have retired and whether Pelly Institute will be the safest at that time?
Thank you for your reply in advance. I wish you all the best!

SuchLL

« Reply #109 on: October 31, 2021, 05:27:07 AM »

Hi, man, I'm also Chinese. I'm expected to find Pelly for ll surgery in a few years. My goal is 5cm of femur. I see that you have finished the surgery and recovered well. I'd like to ask you, have you been worried about the risks and complications of the operation? For example, bone nonunion, pulmonary embolism, fat embolism, paralysis and even death. I know Perry is the safest doctor and 5cm is a very safe quantity, but I still can't help worrying about these possibilities. If I am in good health before the operation and can follow the doctor's instructions without fail, can I be sure that I will be safe? And my operation time may be 6 years later. I'm worried about whether Pelly will have retired and whether Pelly Institute will be the safest at that time?
Thank you for your reply in advance. I wish you all the best!

I’m not sure if Paley will be retired in 6 years. If you book surgery with Paley, he will only do one leg and Dr Robbins will do the other leg. I’m sure there’re other good doctors.

I’m not that worried about complications and risks. To be honest I don’t even know some of the risks you listed here. I think it’s a good idea to first have consultation with the doctors you trust before worrying about any risks. Some complications only exist in theory but rarely exist in practice.

alwayslucky

« Reply #110 on: October 31, 2021, 06:01:01 AM »

Thank you, man! I feel much more at ease! But I still want to ask briefly, didn't Dr. Paley tell you about the complications in advance? If so, maybe the complications are not so serious, since the doctor didn't say much

SuchLL

« Reply #111 on: October 31, 2021, 06:21:27 AM »

Thank you, man! I feel much more at ease! But I still want to ask briefly, didn't Dr. Paley tell you about the complications in advance? If so, maybe the complications are not so serious, since the doctor didn't say much

They did go over complications but none of them are greater than 1% so I barely remember any. And almost all complications are short term and fixable. The surgery itself only takes 1 hour. I only worried about two things during lengthening. One was not being able to reach 8 cm, the other was pre consolidation…

alwayslucky

« Reply #112 on: November 05, 2021, 02:57:13 PM »

Thank you for your answer. I wish you every success!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up