Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Another 8cm femurs (hopefully) with Dr Paley Sep 2020!!  (Read 14463 times)

SuchLL

Re: Another 8cm femurs (hopefully) with Dr Paley Sep 2020!!
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2020, 10:30:38 PM »

could you please share your physical therapy routine

If you want to be prepared for the lengthening, you’ll find better videos than what I’m doing by googling how to stretch hamstrings, quads, hip flexors, hip adductors, and calfs, because there’re more ways to stretch good legs. It’s also nice to work on strengthening gluteus maximus and gluteus medius because they are important for walking.

https://m.
This video almost covers all the exercises and stretches I’m doing now. They are not the best in my opinions but are probably the best you can do with broken legs lol
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 10:52:42 PM by SuchLL »

SuchLL

« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2020, 10:41:26 PM »

Congrats man! I'm excited to see how the surgery will impact your life, especially because we are the same starting height, keep us posted!

Thanks! I hope I will be happy with my new height so I won’t need tibia lengthening lol

SuchLL

« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2020, 10:44:37 PM »

Glad to hear you still have no pain. I'm taking a lot less pain medicine now, but I still need a bit. Only a week left and you'll be done with distraction, so close you can taste it!

Also glad that you need less pain meds!
Thinking about going back to work after 3 month off actually makes me feel a little sick lol

brokeboy

• Visitor
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2020, 04:33:14 AM »

Hey SuchLL, same situation (also sde but I went back to work after a week lol) glad to see you're almost done! I just hit 5cm and am also experiencing left knee/lower leg numbness with the pins and needles/burning sensation.  Happened when I started accelerating my lengthening from 3 to 4 times a day (had to do it just for a week), I think it'll be resolved when distraction stops/slows and stretching alot more on that leg.

init1alove

« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2020, 08:08:58 AM »

How's it going? Have you reached 8cm and been back home now?

SuchLL

« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2020, 05:48:19 PM »

Dec 17, consolidation day 7: I hit 8 cm a week ago. The last x-ray showed that my left nail was a little longer than the right. I shortened the left nail by 2 mm but the x-ray still showed the exact same numbers... I’m not sure if the left nail was shortened since it made weird click sound while the machine was running. The doctor told me to not worry since the measurements would not be that accurate if I didn’t stand up straight, and a few mm discrepancy isn’t a problem. I’m home now and I walk a lot a lot better. I can also slowly walk up and down stairs without any support. I started to wfh this week and life is getting back to normal!

BelowTheMean

« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2020, 06:11:43 PM »

Dec 17, consolidation day 7: I hit 8 cm a week ago. The last x-ray showed that my left nail was a little longer than the right. I shortened the left nail by 2 mm but the x-ray still showed the exact same numbers... I’m not sure if the left nail was shortened since it made weird click sound while the machine was running. The doctor told me to not worry since the measurements would not be that accurate if I didn’t stand up straight, and a few mm discrepancy isn’t a problem. I’m home now and I walk a lot a lot better. I can also slowly walk up and down stairs without any support. I started to wfh this week and life is getting back to normal!

Thanks for the update and congrats on making 8cm. I wouldn't be too worried about a 2mm discrepancy since I don't think you can even feel it. How bad was flexibility right when you finished lengthening? Is it much better after seven days?
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

small

• Visitor
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2021, 07:20:58 PM »

Hey suchLL now that you're pretty much back to normal, do you think cll was worth it? Has it improved certain aspects of your life? Any complications so far?

V

« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2021, 05:37:46 AM »

Really loving the new Paley diaries recently. Seems like randomly for some reason all of a sudden, every Asian who is a software engineer decided to book a surgery for Stryde femurs with Paley in the month of September. You're like number 3 already lol

This diary is incredibly detailed, and it's awesome you did foam rolling and stretching for 3 months. You're way ahead of the curve, and I'm happy your 妈妈 is taking care of you.

Keep taking pictures bro. That's a really cool erc machine, thanks for showing us, never would've knew if you didn't share !

Best of luck brotha

Kinda suspicious to be really honest, seems like fake diaries by Paley Institute. Hope not though, that would be really disappoinying lol...

init1alove

« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2021, 06:11:01 AM »

I met this guy in person during my consultation. He is recovered really well.
Kinda suspicious to be really honest, seems like fake diaries by Paley Institute. Hope not though, that would be really disappoinying lol...

SuchLL

« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2021, 07:35:38 PM »

There’re at least 5 Chinese guys and 3 Chinese girls when I was there...  LL seems popular among Chinese lol. And Paley doesn’t need “fake diaries”. He doesn’t focus on cosmetic LL surgeries. Many of his patients are kids who have real problems, and he’s super busy... we only get chance to see him if we have serious problems. Small problems will be taken care of by other doctors. (I never had any serious problems so I didn’t even meet him during the 3 month process. That’s how busy he is)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 07:58:26 PM by SuchLL »

SuchLL

« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2021, 07:54:23 PM »

Jan 21, consolidation day 42: sorry for not having any updates for more than a month. I recovered really well and faster than I expected. I met a couple of people in the last two weeks and no one noticed any problems with my legs! I look almost normal when I walk slowly. My body is not very stable when walking downstairs, but walking upstairs is fine. I still have a little duck ass but it’s not noticeable to others in winter. I will have x-ray tomorrow and hope my bones heal nicely.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2021, 08:10:54 PM »

congrats man you are 171-172 now wow from 164

very happy for you and glad no one noticed anything
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

SuchLL

« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2021, 08:21:23 PM »

Hey suchLL now that you're pretty much back to normal, do you think cll was worth it? Has it improved certain aspects of your life? Any complications so far?

I stayed at home most of time because of covid so I can’t give you a good answer on how LL impacts my life so far. I’m just back to my “covid” normal unfortunately lol... but LL is absolutely worth it. Thinking about growing 3 inches in just 3 months! The pain is really nothing. I don’t think I have any complications so far except weaker legs, but I’m recovering pretty well so I’m sure everything will be back to normal.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 08:41:27 PM by SuchLL »

SuchLL

« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2021, 08:28:51 PM »

congrats man you are 171-172 now wow from 164

very happy for you and glad no one noticed anything

Thanks bro!

Arcon

« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2021, 09:15:44 PM »

... Many of his patients are kids who have real problems, and he’s super busy... we only get chance to see him if we have serious problems. Small problems will be taken care of by other doctors. (I never had any serious problems so I didn’t even meet him during the 3 month process. That’s how busy he is)

Hi @SuchLL, Congrats on your successfull recovery!
Height dysphoria IS a real problem, the fact that it hurts mentally and not physically doesn't make it less painful.
"Serious" problems start as "small" problems... Who was assessing you at your follow-ups? A certified orthopaedic surgeon? A junior doctor? Was it the same doctor every time or just random doctors of the team? Did Paley do your operation himself or was it someone else? Did you see Paley in the operation room on the day of your surgery? Did you pay the full "Paley fee" despite the fact that he never actually saw you? Would you agree to upload your x-rays when you have them?
Many thanks, All the best for your future!

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2021, 09:31:47 PM »

Paley is a really busy man... All diaries are similar where they barely see Paley and only see Robbins  and still not often.. Paley has done on average 12 surgeries a week for the past 34 years straight... He even got sued once for doing two surgeries at the same time in different rooms and messing up some child's ankle surgery or something... He's always busy making new procedures for pediatric bone deformities and writing papers... He is a very very busy man

The Paley price is essentially the initial surgery
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

SuchLL

« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2021, 01:18:51 AM »

Hi @SuchLL, Congrats on your successfull recovery!
Height dysphoria IS a real problem, the fact that it hurts mentally and not physically doesn't make it less painful.
"Serious" problems start as "small" problems... Who was assessing you at your follow-ups? A certified orthopaedic surgeon? A junior doctor? Was it the same doctor every time or just random doctors of the team? Did Paley do your operation himself or was it someone else? Did you see Paley in the operation room on the day of your surgery? Did you pay the full "Paley fee" despite the fact that he never actually saw you? Would you agree to upload your x-rays when you have them?
Many thanks, All the best for your future!

One of my legs was done by Paley, and one was done by Robbins. I always saw Robbins during followups. I can’t remember if I saw Robbins but I didn’t see Paley on the day of my surgery. I think the surgery itself is the most important part. If the surgery is done well and you are not one of the very unlucky people, there won’t be many things to concern about during followup visits. My followups just took probably 10 minutes each time. And yes we paid for the full “paley price”. Many patients I saw had one leg done by Paley and the other done by Robbins.

SuchLL

« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2021, 05:01:38 AM »

Mar 10, consolidation day 90: I had x-ray on Jan 22 and Mar 2. Both x-ray looked great. I feel I’m already 95% recovered in my daily activities (my daily activities are simple lol. Nothing intense). I can walk fast, jog, etc... My parents actually said I walked completely normal a few weeks ago and I felt normal too. I didn’t say 100% because I still feel a little heavy when I walk downstairs. My left shin is less numb but still numb. Duckass is gone though.

I’m considering tibia now. I’m happy with my new height and don’t feel short anymore, but sometimes I worried about shrinking like my Dad. He was 173-174, but now I’m taller than him... (he’s only in early 50s). I’m sure I’m the kind of people who would still care about their looking even when they get old. If I shrink by 3-4 cm during my 50s I probably would want another lengthening surgery... Since I recovered really fast, I think it’s better to do tibia sooner rather than later. I’m not sure if my parents are going to support me like they did last time lol. My mom keeps saying “you are tall” but I feel she said it partially because she doesn’t want me to have second surgery.  8)

PANDA:BEAR..

« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2021, 06:44:00 AM »

Hi ... SuchLL, Is your recovery going well. How is your gait?

BelowTheMean

« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2021, 03:49:56 AM »

Thanks for updating us on your progress during consolidation. If you did a second surgery you probably wouldn't be able to get it with Stryde for a while it seems. I personally don't care that much about shrinking when I'm old. Hopefully I'll be established enough by then to not care and also long retired.
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

SuchLL

« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2021, 04:53:18 AM »

Hi ... SuchLL, Is your recovery going well. How is your gait?

My gait is completely normal now. It’s probably normal weeks ago. I didn’t really pay attention to my recovery process since it’s been going pretty well. I’m not sure if I’m correct but I feel people with good flexibility probably recover faster than others. I gained my full flexibility back really quick.

SuchLL

« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2021, 05:21:03 AM »

Thanks for updating us on your progress during consolidation. If you did a second surgery you probably wouldn't be able to get it with Stryde for a while it seems. I personally don't care that much about shrinking when I'm old. Hopefully I'll be established enough by then to not care and also long retired.

Nice to see you here! Did you reach your goal?

BelowTheMean

« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2021, 05:41:03 AM »

Nice to see you here! Did you reach your goal?

I'm two days away from hitting 8cm! Just got X-rays this morning and everything looks good. I can't wait to start consolidating, my legs are so tight right now.

SuchLL

« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2021, 05:47:27 AM »

I'm two days away from hitting 8cm! Just got X-rays this morning and everything looks good. I can't wait to start consolidating, my legs are so tight right now.

So happy for you!! Many people said they felt much better just a few days after stop lengthening. Just two days away I’m sure you will feel better soon!

Shorty_NoMore

• Visitor
« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2021, 10:08:28 PM »

Hi SuchLL,
Thanks for the diary, very helpful to prepare for my surgery in future.

I play tennis and hoping after surgery I can keep playing at the same level.

With 8cm on Femur, do you expect to go back 100% athletic recovery?
I read other paley diaries mentioned lengthening femur >5cm will reduce chance of getting perfect recovery, so I'm thinking of doing just 5cm femur, then 3cm tibias with better chance of 100% athletic recovery.

Also assume you do tibias too, what's the recommended gap to do it since the femur surgery?

Really appreciate your insights!

yby415098820

• Visitor
« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2021, 08:37:27 PM »

I think there are a lot of Chinese candidates reading this post, we can build a discussion group.

My ph number is 2248069961 (email is byu@mum.edu), message me if you consider the surgery with Paley in this year! We can discuss on how to stretch and prepare!
最后, 祝愿博主身体健康!

SuchLL

« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2021, 09:04:52 PM »

Hi SuchLL,
Thanks for the diary, very helpful to prepare for my surgery in future.

I play tennis and hoping after surgery I can keep playing at the same level.

With 8cm on Femur, do you expect to go back 100% athletic recovery?
I read other paley diaries mentioned lengthening femur >5cm will reduce chance of getting perfect recovery, so I'm thinking of doing just 5cm femur, then 3cm tibias with better chance of 100% athletic recovery.

Also assume you do tibias too, what's the recommended gap to do it since the femur surgery?

Really appreciate your insights!

I think technically you should be able to get 100% athletic abilities back since all soft tissues and bones can be fully recovered. Limb lengthening surgeries shouldn’t cause any permanent damages  if your surgery is successful and you listen to your doctor’s advice during lengthening. But I believe you need to work really hard to get 100% athletic abilities back. (and not everyone would work that hard so some people may never get (and never need) 100% athletic abilities back)

I’m not sure if 5cm femur + 3 cm tibia is better than 8 cm femur though since you only need one surgery to get 8cm femur vs two surgeries to get 5cm femur + 3 cm tibia. Recovery might be quicker if you only need to work on one area instead of two. It’s probably best to ask for doctor’s advice since each individual is different.

Usually people wait a year to do the second lengthening surgery, but you can do femur + tibia at the same time if you only need 5 cm femur + 3 cm tibia (just 3 weeks between the two surgeries)

Serilium

« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2021, 09:25:36 PM »

I’m considering tibia now.

You still serious about it man? Would you do it with precice or just wait and chill for Stryde's return. This seems like a great diary and recovery btw, thank you for the diary SuchLL!

SuchLL

« Reply #91 on: April 26, 2021, 06:55:17 AM »

You still serious about it man? Would you do it with precice or just wait and chill for Stryde's return. This seems like a great diary and recovery btw, thank you for the diary SuchLL!

Glad you found this diary helpful! One of the main reasons I want tibia lengthening is I recovered fast from femur lengthening, so I only consider tibia with stryde. Tibia lengthening is not a “must to have” for me.

Future Skycraper

« Reply #92 on: May 10, 2021, 07:11:04 PM »

Glad you found this diary helpful! One of the main reasons I want tibia lengthening is I recovered fast from femur lengthening, so I only consider tibia with stryde. Tibia lengthening is not a “must to have” for me.

When do you plan to do it?
Also, congrats! It's so good to see that you're waling normaly!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up