Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about Vitamin D Supplementation  (Read 539 times)

RB

Question about Vitamin D Supplementation
« on: September 30, 2020, 12:33:35 PM »

Hey guys,

I am planning to undergo LL in roughly 7 months and to prepare I’ve been stretching and started taking vitamin d and vitamin k2 supplements to help with bone strength. The one I am currently taking is 1000 IU with K2. Is this a good amount of vitamin d to take pre surgery or would a higher dose such as 5000 IU be more beneficial or is that too much? I have not tested my vitamin d levels but was just interested in opinions on dosage.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks heaps guys.
Femurs with Dr. Betz - March 2021
5'4" > 5'7.5"
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66296.0

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
Re: Question about Vitamin D Supplementation
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 03:14:29 PM »

10000iu. 1000iu is literally for toddlers. RDA is not 800, that's a long scientific error by the FDA based on flawed studies. The real RDA is around 9000ius. 10000iu would be a good dose, I have taken it for years.

5000 is not optimal, it's a good dose but not optimal
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

Hatch

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 03:41:59 PM »

10000iu. 1000iu is literally for toddlers. RDA is not 800, that's a long scientific error by the FDA based on flawed studies. The real RDA is around 9000ius. 10000iu would be a good dose, I have taken it for years.

5000 is not optimal, it's a good dose but not optimal

Totally agree.

4000iu = 100 micrograms/day is pretty much minimum dose for adult. I have been taking from 8000iu to 10000iu (200-250μg) daily since 2012. Only thing i have noticed, my immune system is stronger and intestinal problems disappeared. Also my gf had irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and it simply disappeared by taking 100μg vitamin d daily. I also take vitamin K2 daily because it seems to have symbiotic relation with vitamin d.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 03:59:46 PM »

Totally agree.

4000iu = 100 micrograms/day is pretty much minimum dose for adult. I have been taking from 8000iu to 10000iu (200-250μg) daily since 2012. Only thing i have noticed, my immune system is stronger and intestinal problems disappeared. Also my gf had irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and it simply disappeared by taking 100μg vitamin d daily. I also take vitamin K2 daily because it seems to have symbiotic relation with vitamin d.

Spot on bro.

As a side note
If you go to any modern day family doctor that knows their  , they all prescribe >5000ius a day, mine prescribed 10000 to my mom and dad. Dey aren't deficient or anything, doc just prescribed cuz it's good for health and also double as prophylaxis for covid.

800 just as the recommended daily allowance is a fücking sham and FDA should be embarrassed for still not changing it even though we knew better for years. Fück em

And u can buy dis shiet online 10k ii also hahaha

User requested self-ban.

RB

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2020, 04:32:28 PM »

Thanks for the insight guys.

Yeah I had a feeling 1000 was too low. I’ll look to order 10,000iu online. Is there a recommended dose of Vitamin k2 to take or does that not matter as much?

Are there any negatives to taking 10,000iu or will that put me in a better overall position for surgery?

Femurs with Dr. Betz - March 2021
5'4" > 5'7.5"
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66296.0

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2020, 04:50:01 PM »

K2 dose doesn't matter to much, just be taking k2 that's it

Drink more water

No downsides at this dose. Once u go really high like 50k a day for months straight then that's bad for kidney

User requested self-ban.

Tartar

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2020, 05:04:09 PM »

There’s no reason why you should take vitamin D or calcium. It’s useful to make the process a bit faster during the consolidation phase only (or in the distraction but only if the bone growth is very bad)

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2020, 05:34:03 PM »

There's no reason not to when it's literally a super vitamin. And arguably because of the time spent indoors after LL, it's a good idea to take D anyways And how much money and effort is needed to take these once a day?15 seconds to pop a pill, $20 for three month supply?

User requested self-ban.

Tartar

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2020, 06:10:13 PM »

An healty young man can easily pre consolidate at 6cm with a lenghtening of 1mm/day without taking any pill. Actually your real goal during distraction is just to lenghten slow to allow soft tissue to grow enough. The real problem is soft tissue, try to make the bone heal faster can be dangerous during distraction, you could not reach your original height goal.
In addition take pills months before has no utility, if you have too much calcium or Vit D you just eject it. These integrators during distraction can be useful only if you have problem with bone growth, otherwise is just a risk of preconsolidation.
Even doing stretching is not very useful actually, i mean if you just stay in the bed and do something you're not improving consistently your tissues flexibility, this is a quality due to your age and your kind of muscle for the most; rather it can be very useful to play a sport, expecially going to the gym to improve thigh muscle (if you are doing femur) cause with a bigger muscle is definitely easier to stretch it, even just running or bycicle can be very useful for it.

There are not magic pills guys, everything require diligence, if you have never played any sport and you are planning LL probably it's better to begin!
Those are pills you can normally take if you have osteoporosis, they can be just be helpful during consolidation to make the process faster.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2020, 07:19:07 PM »

Literally no one said it was a magic pill. Man's just asked what's a good dose for vitamin D. We just telling him a good dose amount. Whether you do LL or not vitamin d is very good for both mood and physical health. If you had an opportunity to improve you health no matter how marginally for only cents a day and literally no effort, let us be. I am pro-vitamin D. Idgaf if you doing penîs lengthening surgery or doing cocaine... Vitamin D is good and everyone should take it

User requested self-ban.

Tartar

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2020, 08:16:14 PM »

In many countries you can’t even buy it without a medical prescription. Avoid taking it without any utility. There are many Side effects exceeding with it, why take it without any reason. An healty diet is all you need.

OverrideYourGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2020, 09:26:47 AM »

There’s no reason why you should take vitamin D or calcium. It’s useful to make the process a bit faster during the consolidation phase only (or in the distraction but only if the bone growth is very bad)

I disagree. At the Paley institute they tested my Vitamin D level and found the level to be 41.5. It's within range, but they still put me on 10,000 IU Vitamin D / day.
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

Tartar

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2020, 10:01:11 AM »

I disagree. At the Paley institute they tested my Vitamin D level and found the level to be 41.5. It's within range, but they still put me on 10,000 IU Vitamin D / day.
I’ve told that it has No Sense Before surgery, without any lack or prescription. During distraction it can be useful if your bone growth is not enough. I say this because preconsolidation is something you want to avoid, it’s better to go slowly, even if it’s not so common.
 Paley is a doctor, he’s expert and can say what’s better for you, what I say is don’t take supplements like these without a reason and without a prescription, ask to a doctor before take them.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2020, 10:23:07 AM »

It's vitamin D not methamphetamine. Really not a big deal

User requested self-ban.

Tartar

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2020, 11:07:30 AM »

It's vitamin D not methamphetamine. Really not a big deal
Surely you’ll not die, nothing worse than a bit of diarrhea ;D

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2020, 12:58:02 PM »

Imagine you just broke your bones and is crippled in bed and then you feel the urge to take a big doosche. Splat on the bed curtains. Maybe this is why Paley caretakers cost 10k for 3 weeks. Dey clean up after 💩

User requested self-ban.

Tartar

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2020, 01:26:23 PM »

I prefer laze in my own sheit than pay so much ;D

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2020, 01:33:36 PM »

It's kinda funny that being with my own natural organic byproduct of the bodies is a no-no, but smashing our bones in half and jamming a rod in there is ok. Lmfao

User requested self-ban.
Pages: [1]   Go Up