Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: If I grow 2 cm I'll forget about LL  (Read 1166 times)

deletedaccount

If I grow 2 cm I'll forget about LL
« on: October 01, 2020, 07:45:13 PM »

Srs. If I was 5'7" instead of 5'6 ¼" I would consider not getting LL and just live with it and wear extravagant footwear when I feel like it but not forever. Call me a madman but it's probably true. I'm going to take up a stretching, core strengthening, posture improving and glucosamine sulphate routine and if I get near 5'7" I'll be very happy as long as I improved my looks in other respects. This would solve my body dysmorphic issues - which is "feeling ugly".

But if I was to get it I wouldn't be happy at under 5'10", 5'9.5". I definitely don't want to be 5'9".

Anyone else have these ridiculous sounding autistic mental distinctions?

Body Builder

Re: If I grow 2 cm I'll forget about LL
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 10:23:41 PM »

If you were 5.7 you would see that it is just a number and in reality those 2cm made almost no difference to how you see yourself and especially how the others see you...and you would still wanted to do LL to have a respectable height.

deletedaccount

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 10:26:00 PM »

Yeah, probably.
But then again when I wore lifts to be 171-172 cm I didn't feel insecure anymore even when it's a small difference

deletedaccount

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2020, 10:27:18 PM »

If you were 5.7 you would see that it is just a number and in reality those 2cm made almost no difference to how you see yourself and especially how the others see you...and you would still wanted to do LL to have a respectable height.
How do you feel at 5'9.5"?

BelowTheMean

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 12:21:01 AM »

I'm pretty much the exact same height as OP (169.5cm first thing in the morning.) Not actually being 5'7" is very annoying as 5'7" - 5'8" can be considered "below average" sometimes while 5'6" is just straight up short.

With that said, from my personal experience I think if I was a legit 5'9" there's a good chance I wouldn't do LL. But at any height under 175 cm I would personally still consider it.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

YungGud

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2020, 01:50:40 AM »

If I was 188 at night I also would forget about CLL and height problems :D
But what about stretching, I read some topic, where man age of 40 or so stretched his back from 172 to 176, and it wasnt temporary result, but permanent, the only negative this is some pain in spine, or lower back (he damaged something), he was doing exercises with inversion boots plus some weight
Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)

ZUCC420

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2020, 05:17:12 PM »

Lol if I was average height i.e: 5'10" I wouldn't even dream of wanting to become tall, let alone CLL. But unfortunately the cards I've been dealt with that's being 5'5" doesn't bode well with "society", it seems "society" wants to keep a man down simply for not being a certain arbitrary height that pleases our primitive dimorphic sensibilities. 5'7" in comparison seems tolerable but since I've not experienced being that height I cannot say with certainty that a hypothetical scenario would jive with my current predicament. In short I can assuredly say anything under 5'10" is a no go for me.
Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods. And the one man that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool. - Plato

A man can do what he wants, but not want what he wants. - Arthur Schopenhauer

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2020, 06:37:10 PM »

Lol if I was average height i.e: 5'10" I wouldn't even dream of wanting to become tall, let alone CLL. But unfortunately the cards I've been dealt with that's being 5'5" doesn't bode well with "society", it seems "society" wants to keep a man down simply for not being a certain arbitrary height that pleases our primitive dimorphic sensibilities. 5'7" in comparison seems tolerable but since I've not experienced being that height I cannot say with certainty that a hypothetical scenario would jive with my current predicament. In short I can assuredly say anything under 5'10" is a no go for me.

I thought you lived in a 'sh*thole country', surely the average could be below 5'10 there, no?
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

NotSoBigBadBruin

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2020, 08:57:41 PM »

If I hadn’t suffered from hypogonadism and extreme weight loss in my late teens, thus possibly stunting my growth, I’d definitely have an easier time accepting my height. I’d still want to be taller (because, as already mentioned in other threads, I live in an area where the average male height is 184 cm), but I guess I wouldn’t actually be considering doing CLL.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 11:52:28 PM by NotSoBigBadBruin »

NotSoBigBadBruin

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2020, 11:51:29 PM »

Oops, posted it twice—sorry!

ZUCC420

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2020, 09:36:59 PM »

I thought you lived in a 'sh*thole country', surely the average could be below 5'10 there, no?

No but I used to. Yes the average is below 5'10" from where I am form, but I was still considered short back there since it's a developing country there was a huge disparity between the old generation and the new so the country's average height belies the fact that my peer group's average was 5'9".
Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods. And the one man that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool. - Plato

A man can do what he wants, but not want what he wants. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Astronomy

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2020, 08:54:31 AM »

If I were at average height I couldn't forget it because my mother-in-law required a very tall guy so I still needed 5cm or so.

SartBimpson

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2020, 09:25:32 AM »

It is not a big difference. I'm 5' 7" and have 5' 6" friends. It doesn't feel like a big difference.

I also feel short. I would be comfortable lengthening to 5' 10" on femurs, which would translate to 178cm. That height is above average yet still not insanely tall.

I wish I could be 190cm, but beggars can't be choosers.

deletedaccount

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2020, 10:52:50 AM »

It is not a big difference. I'm 5' 7" and have 5' 6" friends. It doesn't feel like a big difference.

I also feel short. I would be comfortable lengthening to 5' 10" on femurs, which would translate to 178cm. That height is above average yet still not insanely tall.

I wish I could be 190cm, but beggars can't be choosers.
yeah I have evolved since I made that post I'm now 5'6.5" midday and look 5'7" with my footwear advantage and I still feel short but then when I use lifts to look 5'8" I don't feel short at all anymore
5'10" is decent but it's bang on average among young white people and above average in Asia where I live, that's my goal as well

SartBimpson

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2020, 10:56:04 AM »

yeah I have evolved since I made that post I'm now 5'6.5" midday and look 5'7" with my footwear advantage and I still feel short but then when I use lifts to look 5'8" I don't feel short at all anymore
5'10" is decent but it's bang on average among young white people and above average in Asia where I live, that's my goal as well

At 5' 10", it wouldn't look as brutal standing next to a 6' 3" person as it would when you're 5' 7" tbh.

Plus with shoelifts at 5' 10", you can easily be 6' 1". Perfect height.

deletedaccount

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2020, 10:57:01 AM »

At 5' 10", it wouldn't look as brutal standing next to a 6' 3" person as it would when you're 5' 7" tbh.

not really, most "3 inch shoe lifts" actually give 1.5" of height so you'll look at most 6ft which is still good

deletedaccount

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2020, 10:57:49 AM »

at my current height it feels brutal even standing next to a 5'10-11 person indeed

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2020, 11:52:16 AM »

What do you mean you have evolved? You grew taller?

SartBimpson

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2020, 12:21:23 PM »

at my current height it feels brutal even standing next to a 5'10-11 person indeed
Same

My friend is 5' 11" and towers over me at 5' 7" lol

Btw I meant elevator shoes not shoelifts sorry
Pages: [1]   Go Up