Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Diary: Stryde Femurs with Dr. Paley September 2019  (Read 20667 times)

TheAlchemist

Re: Diary: Stryde Femurs with Dr. Paley September 2019
« Reply #155 on: August 10, 2020, 12:15:32 AM »

wow you too bro? E Z, and BoneStretching are all around the 1 year post op mark and having pains. I'm having pains too specifically in the right knee definitely no numbness but I do get a sharp pain in the top shin under the knee when driving lately, it's weird though because I was soaring without pain from monnth 6 until month 11 post OP and then pains came unexpectedly.

Sorry to hear bro. Not having any knee pains, just numbness and minor nerve pain in my left shin. Occasionally I'll get slight hip soreness after long walks or hikes but I think that's mainly muscle fatigue.  Have you consulted Dr. M on the knee pain? Curious to get his thoughts. Hope it gets better brotha!
Dr. Paley Patient: Femurs (Stryde) / 8 CM gained
Surgery: Sep 17 2019 / Distraction completed: Dec 14 2019
Starting height: 5'9 or 175cm / Ending Height: 6'0 ft or 183 cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64373.0

DoubleTime

• Visitor
« Reply #156 on: August 21, 2020, 06:16:43 AM »

Hey Alchemist! So great to hear you're doing well. You mentioned in a previous post that you noticed your knees are slightly low compared to your overall leg length. You also mentioned that it's not something anyone would ever notice. That being said, do you mind me asking what your starting tibia to femur ratio was? I had a consultation with Dr. Paley this last week and I believe the standard ratio tiba/femur ratio typically falls between 78-82%

I don't know if you recall your tibia/femur ratio. I'm just wondering because my ratio is at 82% which means my tibias are much longer than my femurs (which makes me a great candidate for femur lengthening). Appreciate your thoughts!

TheAlchemist

« Reply #157 on: August 21, 2020, 09:39:56 PM »

Hey Alchemist! So great to hear you're doing well. You mentioned in a previous post that you noticed your knees are slightly low compared to your overall leg length. You also mentioned that it's not something anyone would ever notice. That being said, do you mind me asking what your starting tibia to femur ratio was? I had a consultation with Dr. Paley this last week and I believe the standard ratio tiba/femur ratio typically falls between 78-82%

I don't know if you recall your tibia/femur ratio. I'm just wondering because my ratio is at 82% which means my tibias are much longer than my femurs (which makes me a great candidate for femur lengthening). Appreciate your thoughts!

Thanks! I was on the bottom end of the range of normal pre - LL at 78% so you are a much much better femur candidate that I was. Even at 78% pre LL the proportions post LL  do not bother me at all- nobody has mentioned anything off. You will be even better off than I was at 82%.

If proportions continue to be a concern for you I'd suggest you do some photoshop mock ups. I remember pre LL I did do some photoshop mock ups msyelf to stress test it and it helped prep me for what was to come. Good luck!

DoubleTime

• Visitor
« Reply #158 on: August 22, 2020, 08:26:18 PM »

Thanks a million, Alchemist! Photoshop mockups. I hadn't thought of that. Awesome.

brondo

« Reply #159 on: September 01, 2020, 02:19:33 PM »

How is it going Alchemist? I was wondering how things were almost a year out from surgery? Do you still have any lingering pains from LL? When were you able to return back to a normal life (work, driving, etc.)? How far can you push yourself athletically now? Great diary btw.

Froggy

• Visitor
« Reply #160 on: September 14, 2020, 06:33:06 AM »

Thanks for the diary, TheAlchemist.

I'm also debating doing LL surgery with Dr. Paley, but my biggest concern is scars as I'm in an industry where scarring might negatively impact my career. I'd love to know how you feel about the scars and if they're very noticeable.

Bosnian2018

« Reply #161 on: September 26, 2020, 09:31:30 PM »

Is it too much to ask for some scar pics?

I know you are deferring laser until hardware removal.

Would like to get an idea.

ghkid2019

« Reply #162 on: October 03, 2020, 02:22:59 AM »

Everytime I read your diary Alchemist I just cry inside for you a little bit. One of the best diaries I've read. It's also this diary that made my original stance on "average height people wanting LL is crazy" change to "height neurosis is a thing that can exist for everyone and everyone has their own personalized struggle". Your height neurosis was probably worse than mine despite me at 165 in USA.

Happy for you again Alchemist. I think I'm gonna do what you did, 5x PT at Paley's. I think the hardest part is the mental aspect. Just making yourself get up daily and go out and exercise esp with other people can make the biggest difference.
Permanently soft banned for unproductive posts

simple

« Reply #163 on: October 04, 2020, 08:02:35 AM »

Hello TheAlchemist,

Thank you so much for sharing your journey and for all the tips and information! This is very helpful for us who are going to do the surgery. I found a piece of myself in your story.
I will be reading your diary again for tips and other clues to remember. I plan on lengthening femur by 8 cm ideally in September 2021 with Dr. Paley.

I have two questions. Do you think it was a good idea to lengthen femur by 8cm proportion wise or 6-7 cm would be better? And, was it worth it considering the pain and other things?

not sure if 5 cm is worth it.
"Secure men can date tall women.. just saying'" - tweet from Helen Yee

simple

« Reply #164 on: October 04, 2020, 08:04:52 AM »

Also, how are you doing one year from now?

simple

« Reply #165 on: October 06, 2020, 02:30:36 AM »

Damn man, how did you do this? How were you able to break your legs go thru that process? I mean all of these people here. A person must be very tough to do this. I am shivering as I write this and my legs act as im getting the surgery now. I wish I had your courage.

TheAlchemist

« Reply #166 on: October 06, 2020, 02:17:07 PM »

Hey everyone - Sorry for being MIA, life's gotten busy with work and life in general. Thanks for reaching out, I appreciate all the great questions - long story short, life is good and everything in relation to LL has overall been great so far. I'll try to carve out some time later this week to respond to all of the questions and give a more detailed update as to my LL recovery, LL next steps, and life in general post LL and post height dysphoria! 

brondo

« Reply #167 on: October 06, 2020, 02:58:49 PM »

Thanks Alchemist. I actually have a question on biomechanics and athleticism and I was wondering how your body has been able to adapt to your new legs and if there are any limitations based on sports/activities that you think you might have from LL. Looking forward to your updates!

simple

« Reply #168 on: October 07, 2020, 07:10:02 AM »

Thanks alchemist, will be waiting for your update.

OverSixFeetTall

« Reply #169 on: October 18, 2020, 01:42:47 AM »

Yeah that’s great things are picking up for you.

I’m always wondering about athletic recovery.

Since we have similar stats.

Do you plan on doing jogging? boxing? swimming? biking?

And did Paley tell you when you can start doing cardio or overall exercise again?
My Current Height: 5'9
My Goal Height: 6'0
Lengthen: Femurs

simple

« Reply #170 on: October 21, 2020, 11:17:58 AM »

whadup with that update tho? Alchemist my man we appreciate you going thru this, we might too... tell us please if this   is worth it. if your proportions aight. if you recommend it for short guy 170 cm. my beach is the same height as me. i want to  be better

simple

« Reply #171 on: October 21, 2020, 11:22:47 AM »

I LIKE YOU ALCHEMIST. I HOPE YOURE REAL AND NOT A DOCTOR OR SOME  .
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up