Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Squatting and general balance issues by lengthening femurs  (Read 840 times)

brondo

Squatting and general balance issues by lengthening femurs
« on: October 05, 2020, 02:00:19 PM »

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if one were just to lengthen the femurs by 5cm using strydes, how would that impact things like squatting and general balance? I've seen people on here lengthen a bit more than 5cm and it causes them to fall backwards when squatting down. I was wondering what other biomechanical issues a person would run into by lengthening the femur. What can't you do by lengthening femurs too much - climbing, gymnastics, jumping onto higher surfaces without falling, etc.? What balance issues are caused by lengthening too much? Do you think 5cm is conservative enough to maintain all existing athleticism or should you go even smaller than that?

brondo

Re: Squatting and general balance issues by lengthening femurs
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 04:31:10 PM »

I was also wondering if anyone here has tried any balance type sports like surfing, skateboard, snowboarding, etc. Wondering how much you lengthened and if you could accomplish the activity as you as you could before the surgery.

BelowTheMean

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 04:45:05 PM »

I've seen some ski and snowboarding videos post-LL (femurs) and they look pretty good. Can't say anything for the other sports though.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

brondo

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2020, 04:47:11 PM »

Yeah, while we're at it I was wondering about all kinds of sports as well. Please post sports/activities you didn't think you were able to execute due to your limbs being lengthened - particularly if it is your femurs.

anaverageperson

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2020, 05:43:36 PM »

Yeah not sure on this one. I know that Cyborg 4 life lengthened tibias and was still able to maintain squatting after LL. I think lengthening will definitely throw off your biomechanics/center of gravity so the movement will be different for you. As in, if you're already having a lot of trouble hitting depth with the squat then lengthening the femurs is not going to do you any favors. Generally speaking hitting high bar depth in squat is associated with shorter femurs (esp. relative to tibias).

https://bretcontreras.com/how-femur-length-effects-squat-mechanics/
Goal: +3.75cm tibias + 3.75cm femurs with STRYDE

brondo

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2020, 05:48:51 PM »

Yeah not sure on this one. I know that Cyborg 4 life lengthened tibias and was still able to maintain squatting after LL. I think lengthening will definitely throw off your biomechanics/center of gravity so the movement will be different for you. As in, if you're already having a lot of trouble hitting depth with the squat then lengthening the femurs is not going to do you any favors. Generally speaking hitting high bar depth in squat is associated with shorter femurs (esp. relative to tibias).

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, Cyborg had a leg discrepancy which I think is different from "adding" to your body like lengthening the femurs. It is true that shorter femurs favors the squat, but there are people with naturally long femurs who can make adjustments to squat. The question is how much can I add to my femurs so that this doesn't become a problem?

anaverageperson

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2020, 07:32:40 PM »

That's a good question, the closest thing I could find is this:
https://mysquatmechanics.com/

Which helps simulate squat mechanics, but I realize it's not entirely helpful. To answer your question, I think 5cm is pretty conservative.

Maybe this will be of more use, a timeline of Puru's journey (Age 26, 6.5cm Femurs):

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5352.msg95446#new

brondo

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2020, 07:43:34 PM »

That's a good question, the closest thing I could find is this:
https://mysquatmechanics.com/

Which helps simulate squat mechanics, but I realize it's not entirely helpful. To answer your question, I think 5cm is pretty conservative.

Maybe this will be of more use, a timeline of Puru's journey (Age 26, 6.5cm Femurs):

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5352.msg95446#new

Thank you so much for the links!

AnotherShorty

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2020, 07:44:16 PM »

Hi brondo

I am not a LL veteran but you can check out “ movie” and “oldiebutgoldie” dairies.
Movie did a squats video ( full range of motion was not observed but he still has those nails implanted - still a LL juggernaut in my opinion  ) and oldiebutgoldie was skiing crazy good in a video which is posted in his dairy

Best regards
We need advancements in LL, and I need money, time, strength and opportunity !!

brondo

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2020, 08:10:08 PM »

Hi brondo

I am not a LL veteran but you can check out “ movie” and “oldiebutgoldie” dairies.
Movie did a squats video ( full range of motion was not observed but he still has those nails implanted - still a LL juggernaut in my opinion  ) and oldiebutgoldie was skiing crazy good in a video which is posted in his dairy

Best regards

Thanks dude. Yeah I've seen Movie's. He wasn't able to go all the way down, but perhaps he has made some progress or he'll have better range once the nails get taken out. OBG has an impressive diary as well. I would like to see a bit more though. I did find a video from one of Dr. Donghoon Lee's patients. It has a squatting part with a patient that did 5cm on femurs. I do need to see a bit more though. Here is the video:

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2020, 11:39:24 PM »

Cyborg for life did not do CLL. Misinformation, plz no trick or lie ty

Victor did not do cosmetic limb lengthening. He did one leg for a medical problem.
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

anaverageperson

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2020, 12:55:32 AM »

Cyborg for life did not do CLL. Misinformation, plz no trick or lie ty

Victor did not do cosmetic limb lengthening. He did one leg for a medical problem.

My apologies, you're right. He lengthened one tibia/fibula and not both. Regardless, he was able to regain athletic ability.

Movie

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2020, 04:13:17 AM »

5cms is the sweet spot for height gained/athleticism maintenance in my opinion. the guy in the video squats pretty well and low, he has to adjust his upper body forward but gets a good range of motion to squat. I can't go that low because of how much I lengthened but I still get a good pump squatting as low as I can.
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

brondo

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2020, 07:32:15 AM »

5cms is the sweet spot for height gained/athleticism maintenance in my opinion. the guy in the video squats pretty well and low, he has to adjust his upper body forward but gets a good range of motion to squat. I can't go that low because of how much I lengthened but I still get a good pump squatting as low as I can.

Hey Movie, Thanks for replying. Is there anything you think you cannot do due to LL or is it a matter of just training more? How much has LL thrown off your biomechanics and are there activities/sports you don't think you could be able to do due to LL?

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2020, 07:49:50 AM »

My apologies, you're right. He lengthened one tibia/fibula and not both. Regardless, he was able to regain athletic ability.

Of course, he has a medical deformity. Fixing the issue will result in better squatting.

Plz do not use him as justification for CLL. He is not CLL it is totally different. He has natural proportions after the surgery, the surgery actually help him b more natural

Not the case with CLL
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.
Pages: [1]   Go Up